Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else is hoping Zodak comes with a staff?!

Who else is hoping Zodak comes with a staff?!

I know I am! I think it did an excellent job of setting off this Cosmic character from the rest of the cast and enjoyed it much more than the gun he never used, but I of course have no problem with him coming with his classic gun in addition to the staff!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Since it is Masters of the Universe Classics, I would like to see him come with his original gun, but if he comes with a staff as well that's fine by me.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I'd love for him to come with the staff.. They added Mermans trident too and Zodaks staff is far more important for the story. If they are using the MYP cannon, and they said it would be a great influence, then they must inlude the staff since the Snakemen used it to open the Void to free Hisss.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

As long as it's an additional item I'm all for it.

I hope they include the staff and his gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    I hope they include the staff and his gun.
    I Want Him with the staff and two heads! one without helmet!

I'll be happy with Zodac just as long as he comes with his classic gun.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I personally like to think that 80's Zodac & 200X Zodak as 2 different people since we already know there's a bunch of Cosmic Enforcers out there, so Zodac should come with his gun and if 200X Zodak is ever released, they can release him with the staff. And, for those who view both versions as the same person, I still think you should leave things as is. It's already been mention that we could see both versions of Prince Adam, so it's quite possible we'll see both versions of Zodac(k) as well.

I wasnt into the whole race changing zodak but his weapon was nice. So im into getting Zodac both his gun and the staff.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

There is that whole idea of them being different to warrant sepearate releases, but I would really like it if Zodac came with Zodac's staff as well as his laser pistol. The gun is a must, of course.
    But boy, that staff was wicked.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I know I am! I think it did an excellent job of setting off this Cosmic character from the rest of the cast and enjoyed it much more than the gun he never used, but I of course have no problem with him coming with his classic gun in addition to the staff!
    Eh, maybe if they do an exclusive Comic-Con version of 2002 Zodak he can come with the staff, but for my regular classic Zodac... just the gun will do

The lazer pistol is good enough for me, but if they throw in his staff too I certainly won't complain!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Well, I personally like to think that 80's Zodac & 200X Zodak as 2 different people since we already know there's a bunch of Cosmic Enforcers out there, so Zodac should come with his gun and if 200X Zodak is ever released, they can release him with the staff. And, for those who view both versions as the same person, I still think you should leave things as is. It's already been mention that we could see both versions of Prince Adam, so it's quite possible we'll see both versions of Zodac(k) as well.
    But Mer-Man's got his trident, so they're clearly not leaving things 'as is'. I wasn't bothered by the race change and they're the same person to me, and I don't want them to leave the gun out, but just want them to add another cool weapon!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I'd love for him to come with the staff.. They added Mermans trident too and Zodaks staff is far more important for the story. If they are using the MYP cannon, and they said it would be a great influence, then they must inlude the staff since the Snakemen used it to open the Void to free Hisss.
    I agree.

Yes , why not give Zodac his staff, but Stratos wants his staff too.

Refresh my memory...what did Stratos' staff look like? Where was it seen? Thanks!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Me. Without a doubt. Zodak needs a staff.

I almost think of them as two different characters. Classic Zodac and 200X Zodak are so radically different that I don't think the staff fits the MOTUC Zodac we've been shown.

If he comes with a staff, that's OK with me, but I don't think it's necessary.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I agree 100% with Eric, for me they are different characters, like Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner.

So yeah, I'd say give Zodac the gun, give Zodak the staff.

I do think of them as two different characters, but I'd rather have the Classic have both to begin with in case they never make a 200X version. Better to play it safe.

To be honest, this is actually one of the first figures I think Mattel should offer a variant in the same month that we could choose from: the Zodak we have already seen and the MYP Zodak with dark skin. All they would have to do is change the skin color and I would be happy and buy both (kinda silly no?). I think variants like these might help appease some of the 200x fans that feel left out too.

As long as the "ZodaK"variant also had the clawed feet replaced with Stratos' sock feet and wouldn't have the ridiculous cyan tattoos, I'd be fine with it.

However, seeing ZodaC being offered with both his classic gun and 200x staff would be my favorite option.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

As he never came with a staff in the original line, I don't expect we will get one.
    Saying that, Mer-Man never came with a trident back in the day and we are getting one with with.
    So who know's!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    As long as the "ZodaK"variant also had the clawed feet replaced with Stratos' sock feet and wouldn't have the ridiculous cyan tattoos, I'd be fine with it.

However, seeing ZodaC being offered with both his classic gun and 200x staff would be my favorite option.
    That is a good idea about the feet. I also wasn't a fan of the tattoos. I think if Mattel released a variant then it would be a good idea for them to only include the staff with the myp Zodak version and the classic Zodac should only have the gun. That way fans have impetus to buy both.

Heroic Warrior
    Even though I think Zodac should come with his gun, the staff of 200X Zodak is a much cool weapon and a more important weapon to the current MOTU mythos. When you think about it, Zodac's gun isn't anything special at all, considering we will get the exact same red gun with a Kobra Khan figure down the line.