Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.7!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    But isn't NA already tied to MotU?

The other characters are different but He-Man and Skelly are the same ones from MotU.
    Yeah but that's the part I did not like about NA haha, so I would keep MOTU He-man and Skeletor and let the NA come to Eternia

For me, He-man is just not He-man when he is wearing skin tight blue pants...I like my He-man to be **** erotic in the traditional style

My Masters of the Universe mythos ->http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=162756

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Right now the plan is for the Horsemen to do all the sculpting.
    That is arguably the best answer to any Q&A EVER.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Couldn't agree with you more.

It's so important to me that I might not even be that interested if it weren't the 4H making these figures.

That may sound harsh, but they are just so attuned to what is cool about MotU, they "get it" so much, that IMO they are nothing short of totally, 100% indispensable.

I'm with you two.

That was the question I asked, so needless to say I was very happy with the answer. The Horsemen are far and away the best toy sculptors I've seen, so to have them working on my favorite property is about as good as it gets.

Widget
    I'm happy with ANY new MOTU figs at this point, especially being more of a Thundercats collector. Anyone else who is remember "New Thundercats Figures Coming in 1998!" and like every year after that? Still waiting...

MegaGearMax already stood up for me (thanks mate!), but still...you couldn't have found a more polite way of saying this montork?

I get that there might still be POP and NA in the line...but the way they announced the series, they made it sound like it WOULD happen. Not that - like with every other line - they'll see how well things go and then consider maybe diversifying.

The 200X line only got a She-Ra at the very, very end. I was grateful, but again...the series and toyline only went there years after the relaunch. Why? Why must POP always be an afterthought?

Here, MOTUC said up front "They won't be afterthoughts - we're addressing them now!" No other line has ever done that. So yes, we all thought that meant something different than "we'll see in a few years, maybe, if the sky is green and the money keeps rolling in, like I'll think about it if you rub my feet."

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    The 200X line only got a She-Ra at the very, very end. I was grateful, but again...the series and toyline only went there years after the relaunch. Why? Why must POP always be an afterthought?
    I don't think it's an afterthought; I think it's just an unfortunate situation where it's not as popular and thus can't receive the same attention. I don't doubt Toyguru and the rest of the people working on the lines have love and appreciation for PoP, but that doesn't mean they can do it any favors, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I'm happy with ANY new MOTU figs at this point, especially being more of a Thundercats collector. Anyone else who is remember "New Thundercats Figures Coming in 1998!" and like every year after that? Still waiting...
    In terms of money made, Thundercats ain't in the same league bro!
    Probably why there hasn't been a TC relaunch!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Well, they tried bringing back Thundercats with the new comics in 2002 or 2003, but I guess it never really stuck...

I remember reading the very first one and thinking it had the story of a bad episode... Evil creatures attacked Cat's Lair, the Cats fought them and won. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    While I'm sure the classic MOTU toys killed the Thundercats, the TC DVDs did edge out the MOTU sets making them probably the most successful 80s cartoon on DVD.

That would lead me to think that there may be plenty of interest in new Thundercats toys.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    While I'm sure the classic MOTU toys killed the Thundercats, the TC DVDs did edge out the MOTU sets making them probably the most successful 80s cartoon on DVD.

That would lead me to think that there may be plenty of interest in new Thundercats toys.
    That's mildly surprising because of the price of those Thundercats DVD sets, but they were also released early on in the DVD era, and everyone loved Thundercats when they were little, so it still makes sense.

Regardless, I think there would be huge interest in new Thundercats toys, especially if four certain horse-related people were to sculpt and design them...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    That's mildly surprising because of the price of those Thundercats DVD sets, but they were also released early on in the DVD era, and everyone loved Thundercats when they were little, so it still makes sense.
    They were released pretty much at the same time as He-Man, and well after Transformers, GI Joe and Jem.

But despite having crappy features, no remastering and really high MSRPs, they sold like crazy.

They were released pretty much at the same time as He-Man, and well after Transformers, GI Joe and Jem.

But despite having crappy features, no remastering and really high MSRPs, they sold like crazy.
    A quick search of Amazon shows just that. Not sure why I remembered them being released so long ago. I was thinking five years ago rather than the actual three.

Anyway, Amazon also shows their MSRP as $64.98. That's pretty insane. You get the same number of episodes as the He-Man sets, yet nothing extra and poorer quality video/audio, yet they still sold/sell like crazy. I think that's a testament to the popularity of the Thundercats.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm with you two.

That was the question I asked, so needless to say I was very happy with the answer. The Horsemen are far and away the best toy sculptors I've seen, so to have them working on my favorite property is about as good as it gets.
    I agree, these 4 or 5 guys are the best thing that has happened to MOTU in years.skwink:

Because they are popular.

I seem to remember something about WB refusing anyone the rights to do Classic style TC figures unless they also do new ones, maybe based on those anime-ish designs. Anyone remember/know about that?

But yeah, 4H Thundercats figures is about the biggest no-brainer decision one could ever make in the toy industry.

But yeah, 4H Thundercats figures is about the biggest no-brainer decision one could ever make in the toy industry.
    I would LOVE to have a 4H Panthro figure on my desk.

Agreed, why oh WHY has this not happened yet!?

A Thundercats line in the same vein as these new MotUC figs would just be too amazing for words!

I actually think there's just as big a market for something like that as there is for MotU.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
    Well, they tried bringing back Thundercats with the new comics in 2002 or 2003, but I guess it never really stuck...

I remember reading the very first one and thinking it had the story of a bad episode... Evil creatures attacked Cat's Lair, the Cats fought them and won. The end.
    THe first Tcats trade did kinda suck... they got A LOT better though as they went. The 2nd trade alone was WAY better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

A Thundercats line in the same vein as these new MotUC figs would just be too amazing for words!

I actually think there's just as big a market for something like that as there is for MotU.
    Yeah, I'd definitely be interested if the Four Horsemen were the ones doing the sculpting. Can you imagine how great they would look?

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

These are customized Marvel Legends, but they give an idea of how cool the line could be:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yeah, I'd definitely be interested if the Four Horsemen were the ones doing the sculpting. Can you imagine how great they would look?
    I agree! 4H ThunderCats figures would be wicked cool! I would definitely be interested in such a line and I would love than almost as much as my MOTU Collections but not quite.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Panthro would probably be my most wanted character too.
    And actually I think there is potentially a bigger market for TC figures.

Here's my take, see what you guys think:

I think as adults, some collectors today feel more "comfortable" about nearly naked, muscular dudes if they're these fantastic cat-like creatures, and not a normal person like He-Man.

So Lion-O can be still be cool, but He-Man can't.

Yet these are the same people who watch and love "300" which is somehow OK because of how incredibly violent it is (ie. "Whoa dude, did you see him chop that dudes head off and the blood was all whoooosh?! That was siiiiick!").

I guess we'll see what happens with the TC movie if/when it comes out.
    Maybe they'll do some companion "Classic" TC figures to go along with the movie tie-in merch.

Hopefully all this stuff does well though, as I'd love to see it result in revisiting Silverhawks, Visionaries, Captain Power, C.O.P.S., and ALL the other awesome, but semi-forgotten 80's toy properties.

Panthro would probably be my most wanted character too.
    And actually I think there is potentially a bigger market for TC figures.

Here's my take, see what you guys think:

I think as adults, some collectors today feel more "comfortable" about nearly naked, muscular dudes if they're these fantastic cat-like creatures, and not a normal person like He-Man.

So Lion-O can be still be cool, but He-Man can't.

Yet these are the same people who watch and love "300" which is somehow OK because of how incredibly violent it is (ie. "Whoa dude, did you see him chop that dudes head off and the blood was all whoooosh?! That was siiiiick!").

I guess we'll see what happens with the TC movie if/when it comes out.
    Maybe they'll do some companion "Classic" TC figures to go along with the movie tie-in merch.

Hopefully all this stuff does well though, as I'd love to see it result in revisiting Silverhawks, Visionaries, Captain Power, C.O.P.S., and ALL the other awesome, but semi-forgotten 80's toy properties.
    I completely agree about Thundercats potentially having a bigger market than He-Man. I'm not sure if it has to do with some level of homophobia as you pointed out, but there's definitely something to be said for the fact that He-Man gets made fun of today and Thundercats doesn't.

It's "cool" to talk about He-Man and imply he was gay and there were homosexual undertones to the cartoon and blah, blah, blah. And it's also "cool" to say Thundercats were so awesome and that you loved that show when you were little.

For whatever reason, Thundercats hasn't lost any credibility, while He-Man has (among non-MOTU people), and that's why I think Thundercats could be huge today (though I don't think WB knows how to handle it at all based on what I've heard).

Widget
    Agreed Lay Ze-Man.

I'd kill for new Silverhawks as well, but I feel like I'm one of about 5 fans out there.

I too still proudly support Silverhawks...which just got a DVD release btw....

My Masters of the Universe mythos ->http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=162756