Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.7!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    SilverHawks fans . . . unite!!!

Still haven't got that DVD set yet, how's the quality (video/sound/extras/etc) ?

Don't know yet, I plan on picking it up next week!

But honestly, I'm just glad to have a release at all haha

My Masters of the Universe mythos ->http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=162756

The quality on the Silverhawks DVD is OK. A lot have complained about the video, like they expect some sort of HD remastering. For me, I'm a diehard so I'm going to like it regardless. It's definitely passable, and feels like you're watching the show in the '80s. The sound is OK too, and it's pretty nice to have the amazing Silverhawks themes on your TV set once again. Extra features really disappointed me. You only get a look-back feature, which mostly consists of Kenner execs appreciating the line because it warranted many toy concepts. No original voice actors besides Steelheart. Also included is a sneak peak at Wonder Woman but who really cares. Still, I absolutely love the set, as I no longer have to rely on my 1 episode FHE VHS releases (Dark Bird).

REALLY looking forward to getting volume 2
    Last edited by heman2k; November 18, 2008 at 02:38pm.

Amazon.com says there is also a gallery of the ill-fated toy line

I remember buying alot of them at Woolworths for $1 a guy after the line was canceled and they were trying to get rid of them

Not to override the thread though, back to He-Man

My Masters of the Universe mythos ->http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=162756

I think it's just an unfortunate situation where it's not as popular and thus can't receive the same attention.

If they stopped putting She-Ra at the back of the class picture, and in the front row, there would be more support for her.

It's strange how in this world we so easily view the things that aren't immediately attractive as "unsuccessful". PLENTY of people would be into She-Ra again today if she wasn't always being treated like that younger sister of He-Man's who really doesn't have to pop up unless all the good stories have been told

I guess I'm reacting emotionally, but at the same time what I'm saying makes sense - it's not that the character or concepts aren't awesome, it's that there hasn't been anyone behind this character supporting her in a big way the past 20 years.

But now...? Now there are DVDs and people are talking about her again! There are Halloween costumes being bought and worn by girls who remember their heroine! There are T-Shirts in online stores...!

The time is coming...and Mattel would be smart to capitalize on it, rather than say "It's still not enough/as big as He-Man" and let it fade into obscurity. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    The time is coming...and Mattel would be smart to capitalize on it, rather than say "It's still not enough/as big as He-Man" and let it fade into obscurity. AGAIN.
    But, she isn't as big as He-Man. And I'm sorry but that's just a fact. Between the DVD's, shirts and costumes, yes there may be a She-Rennisance happening, but He-Man should ALWAYS be Mattel's lead-off hitter because he and the original series is more popular and will sell more. I want He-Man the most, but I truly hope this line goes FOREVER and we can get people from every era, and I think She-Ra should without question be the first one we get from one of the other MOTU branches.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I think it's just an unfortunate situation where it's not as popular and thus can't receive the same attention.

If they stopped putting She-Ra at the back of the class picture, and in the front row, there would be more support for her.

It's strange how in this world we so easily view the things that aren't immediately attractive as "unsuccessful". PLENTY of people would be into She-Ra again today if she wasn't always being treated like that younger sister of He-Man's who really doesn't have to pop up unless all the good stories have been told

I guess I'm reacting emotionally, but at the same time what I'm saying makes sense - it's not that the character or concepts aren't awesome, it's that there hasn't been anyone behind this character supporting her in a big way the past 20 years.

But now...? Now there are DVDs and people are talking about her again! There are Halloween costumes being bought and worn by girls who remember their heroine! There are T-Shirts in online stores...!

Clearly you're a fan, though, and are speaking as such.

If it was as simple as throwing She-Ra out front, I'm sure Mattel would have done it. But all the evidence points to He-Man being the big gun and She-Ra being more of that younger sister you spoke of.

And there's no way anyone can convince me that She-Ra's bigger or even as big as He-Man.

I'd also like to point out the fact that Sorceress, Webstor, Stinkor, King Randor, and countless other popular MotU characters did NOT get action figure releases in the 200x line.

You know who did?

Oh yeah . . . her---->

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I'd also like to point out the fact that Sorceress, Webstor, Stinkor, King Randor, and countless other popular MotU characters did NOT get action figure releases in the 200x line.

You know who did?

Oh yeah . . . her---->

Excellent excellent excellent point! Lay Ze-Man, I am happy we have finally been able to agree upon something and feel as if a burden has been lifted from my shoulders and am even entertaining the thought of calling a truce with you--how say you?!

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Excellent excellent excellent point! Lay Ze-Man, I am happy we have finally been able to agree upon something and feel as if a burden has been lifted from my shoulders and am even entertaining the thought of calling a truce with you--how say you?!
    Sure, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you have me confused with someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Sure, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you have me confused with someone else?
    I was merely referring to our 'dispute' about the definition of 'hilt' from a week or two ago--yeah, I know, it was a bit of a stretch!

WHY YOU . . . ??!!!!

j/k

No problem, but yeah I had forgotten all about that.

Also, in case some hadn't noticed, on the MOTUC page at MattyCollector.com, it says:

Masters of the Universe® Classics is a brand new action figure line celebrating over 25 years of MOTU history. Here you will find highly detailed, fully articulated figures from the entire spectrum of the worlds of He-Man® and She-Ra™.
    If that's not putting her out front, I don't know what is.

I will say that if by this time of next year, we haven't even had an announcement of a PoP character, even I will start to worry.
    Last edited by Lay Ze-Man; November 19, 2008 at 08:32pm.

And there's no way anyone can convince me that She-Ra's bigger or even as big as He-Man.

Then maybe you're not viewing this from an objective standpoint, either.

She-Ra has always had crossover appeal, even in the 80s, because she was a member of the MOTU family, but also a doll, an independent thing that little girls had access too.

Now maybe I can't name a female heroine with a toy line and show off the top of my head that has made millions in the last few years (people keep banking on what's already been successful and recycling), but I do believe that She-Ra has as much of a chance at being recognized as a big female sci-fi icon as Wonder Woman.

Some may say she's more of a Supergirl, but she doesn't have to be (and even Supergirl got masive popularity because she was never treated like an afterthought). Her costume doesn't link her to He-Man. She doesn't need to be disconnected from him, so much as promoted for what she is.

Don't be narrow-minded people, and think that she can't make it out there. She can. She's just a property that appealed to girls and boys in the 80s, and as such has nostalgic value. Use that to bring people on-board for a new film, or a relaunch or something. Just use your imaginations...

Then maybe you're not viewing this from an objective standpoint, either
    So you believe She-Ra is as popular or more popular than He-Man? I don't, and you produced no evidence to prove me wrong.

I've always been a He-Man fan and liked him more than She-Ra, but that's not coloring my view here. She's just not as popular as He-Man. MOTUC could survive without ever getting a She-Ra figure, but it couldn't survive without He-Man.

It's not personal, and I'm not against PoP figures in MOTUC, but the original point attempting to be made was that She-Ra was every bit as popular as He-Man and all she needed was to be placed out front. And I completely disagree with that.

I got a lovely pair of rose tinted shades here if folks need em!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

DisneyBoy is also conveniently ignoring the positive things about She-Ra.