Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to cheer yourself up from Bios that make you angry or don't like.

How to cheer yourself up from Bios that make you angry or don't like.

I really hate Mermista's bio . I don't like seeing anyone get murdered. Especially a gruesome murder such as a beheading.

But to cheer myself up from it, I look at it this way . When you read that particular sentence in which she is attacked by Mer-Man , the KEY WORD for you to focus on is " FORCED " . It says that she was FORCED to behead him with his own trident .

The way I now see things, the word "FORCED" can also mean attempted to . This could mean that she ATTEMPTED to behead him , but did NOT actually do it . I'd like to imagine that she threw the trident at his neck / throat but instead of beheading him she scared him away from her with the attack .

So "FORCED" could mean that she ATTEMPTED to behead him but did not actually do it because she missed, etc .

This way Mer-Man lives to fight another day.

There. Done. I hope that makes a lot of you feel better that were angered at Mermista's bio , including myself . I've noticed that a lot of you were angered by Mermista's bio, not just myself .

Also I've noticed that Mer-Man is one of the most popular MOTU villains out there and to kill him off would anger a lot of fans. Not only this but I think the Filmation version of Mer-Man is one of the most funniest hilarious villains out there to laugh at. With his voice and being a goofball at times.

I also hated Snake Man-At-Arms bio . I did not like seeing Duncan get killed off, especially by one of his own unless Clamp Champ ACCIDENTALLY did it. I'd like to think that maybe King Hiss cloned Duncan .

I hope everyone that hated the Mermista bio feels better after reading what I wrote . And NOTE to Mattel . Please END ALL of the killing and gore in the bios. There's enough of that garbage in the real world and we don't need it in a fantasy world .
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

I cheer myself up by ignoring the bios as a whole story and only implementing the things I do like about them in my own mind. For me they're so weak in the storytelling and character profiling that it holds no power with my imagination.

Scott is just creating cheap shock value in killing off 8 back original & other important characters. Might be be trying to copy what the Transformers movie (animated) did, where many Autobots died in battle, I hope he doesn't make the fatal mistake of killing off the main hero too!!

For me, these shock points don't work in small bios, but he wants to tell his story of MOTU through them and some do like it, more power to then if they do. I sure don't but I get a chuckle head and there with them.

See it as an alternate universe much like DC Earth 2, Marvel Ultimate, MC2 worlds. MVC MOTU even explored an alternate Eternia.
    Last edited by Count Judas; September 2, 2014 at 10:19pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I just don't read them

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I cheer myself up by ignoring the bios as a whole story and only implementing the things I do like about them in my own mind. For me they're so weak in the storytelling and character profiling that it holds no power with my imagination.

Scott is just creating cheap shock value in killing off 8 back original & other important characters. Might be be trying to copy what the Transformers movie (animated) did, where many Autobots died in battle, I hope he doesn't make the fatal mistake of killing off the main hero too!!

For me, these shock points don't work in small bios, but he wants to tell his story of MOTU through them and some do like it, more power to then if they do. I sure don't but I get a chuckle head and there with them.

See it as an alternate universe much like DC Earth 2, Marvel Ultimate, MC2 worlds. MVC MOTU even explored an alternate Eternia.
    WOW I never saw it as an alternate universe. Thanks for pointing that out Count Judas . So on the REAL Eternia, all KEY characters are still alive.
    But on ALTERNATE Eternia, killings are rampant .

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Mer-ma...ol-2-104434524

In all seriousness, the bios don't really mean anything. The entire point of action figures is to create stories using your own imagination, not blindly follow whatever the brand manager says should happen. The canonical story is just a starting point from which you can pick and choose what you want and forget the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    I just don't read them
    LOL .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs38/f/20...f728123ded.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Mer-ma...ol-2-104434524

In all seriousness, the bios don't really mean anything. The entire point of action figures is to create stories using your own imagination, not blindly follow whatever the brand manager says should happen. The canonical story is just a starting point from which you can pick and choose what you want and forget the rest.
    Thanks for the light hearted pic , that may cheer up just a few Mer-Man fans angered by Mermista's bio .

I look at "forced" as, Mer-Man was going to kill her or worse, and the only way to stop him was to kill him.

That's different from the "What an unjustified and brutal murder!" opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by christop View Post
    WOW I never saw it as an alternate universe. Thanks for pointing that out Count Judas . So on the REAL Eternia, all KEY characters are still alive.
    But on ALTERNATE Eternia, killings are rampant .
    That way of thinking makes me not get upset at the classics bios along with the ridiculousness of the "real names" lol

With Marvel's Ultimate universe, they pretty much killed off every main character in the real Marvek universe. They killed Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto, Prof. X, Juggernaut, Thor, Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom, Hank Pym, Beast, Daredevil and a bunch of others. Also, Teela gets killed in the alternate Eternia from 200x comics. Classics is the HBO universe! Lol

That way of thinking makes me not get upset at the classics bios along with the ridiculousness of the "real names" lol

With Marvel's Ultimate universe, they pretty much killed off every main character in the real Marvek universe. They killed Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto, Prof. X, Juggernaut, Thor, Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom, Hank Pym, Beast, Daredevil and a bunch of others. Also, Teela gets killed in the alternate Eternia from 200x comics. Classics is the HBO universe! Lol
    WOW Ultimate Marvel killed a lot of A-List characters there that you listed. Not just secondary characters. Plus thanks also for mentioning that there really is an alternate Eternia , although it exists in the 200x series. So this could also mean that a lot of the stuff we don't like in the bios happened in the alternate Eternia , not the real Eternia .

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    I'm down for an alternate universe, especially one where faker isn't just a discarded man at arms reject.
    Bad times don't last forever but bad guys do ~ Razor Ramone

While Classics has been around for awhile, hardly anyone knows about it outside of the collecting community. These are just on the back of cards and haven't made their way into any movies or tv shows. If it isn't mainstream media, then the bios won't mean much in MOTU history. I collect MOC, but I still usually don't read the bios more than once.

I just don't read them
    This.

I don't even bother reading them anymore. They do nothing for me. There are so many canons and so many different sources for story material that it doesn't even matter. If you don't like them then don't read them and make up your own. Everyone has their own story that works for them. Be creative and use your imagination. It's not worth stressing over
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

If I don't like what I see I just pretend it never really happened.

Modern comics have really become a cesspool of creative pettiness, where some stories seem to exist to troll fans and to push the writer's preferred continuity, rather than to actually entertain people not aware of the inside baseball. I honestly don't understand why they continually insist on killing off characters when the result is always the same, with hastily conceived replacements drawn up to fill in for the old favorites and being roundly rejected by fans necessitating bringing back the original in some contrived manner.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Modern comics have really become a cesspool of creative pettiness, where some stories seem to exist to troll fans and to push the writer's preferred continuity, rather than to actually entertain people not aware of the inside baseball. I honestly don't understand why they continually insist on killing off characters when the result is always the same, with hastily conceived replacements drawn up to fill in for the old favorites and being roundly rejected by fans necessitating bringing back the original in some contrived manner.
    I gave up on mainstream comics a few years ago, they regurgitate the same formulas or copy a competitor's storylines to match their books. These types of comics are like what reality shows are to tv, all senseless filler and no substance.

Stop reading the bios!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't read fan fiction for the most part, especially when the supposed "fan" writing the bios has never had an original idea, that he didn't co-opt, that is.....

Heroic Warrior
    I just don't read them
    Ditto for me. Well, that's not quite true - I glance through them when I put them up on my site, but I never absorb the information. To be fair to Toyguru, he's never said fans are obligated to accept them. I've always preferred my own story - mostly inspired by the early minicomics.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

At first I was excited about them, I thought that finally MOTU universe could be written in an organic way, explaining the many inconsistencies. Then I realized that they are just a personal Toyguru version of MOTU/POP mythos, and start to ignore them. They're poorly written, full of incongruences and - let's say - a lot of unneccessary deaths.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I ignore the bios... Filmation is my continuity and that's all that matters to me.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru seems fine when he's combining pre-existing material, it's just when he adds new elements the problems seem to appear thus I deduce that...um...Mermista really never struck me as the type to kill at all, even if she was forced? I dunno, I lost my train of thought while stopping to get a piece of cake.

But really, he-Man has so many different cannons we may as well just say 'it's a multiverse' and be done with it.

Earth 1 - Toys
    Earth 2 - Pre-Filmation Mini-Comics
    Earth 3 - Filmation
    Earth 4 - Post-Filmation Mini-Comics
    Earth 5 - UK Comics
    Earth 6 - German Comics
    Earth 7 - Movie
    Earth 8 - Jetlag
    Earth 9 - 200X
    Earth 10 - MVP
    Earth 11 - Bios
    Earth 52 - DC Comics

and they're just the ones I can remember off-hand.

I read each bio once and then never look at them again. They're horribly written and totally forgettable. They should've been handled like the old Super Powers stat cards: a list of powers, weaknesses, enemies, and other pertinent information, with the assumption that the character is still alive and kicking. No need for a whole storyline, deaths, etc. It's no fun playing with a figure after the manufacturer has decided that the character is already dead. (Well, unless he's a ghost or a zombie.)
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I read each bio once and then never look at them again. They're horribly written and totally forgettable. They should've been handled like the old Super Powers stat cards: a list of powers, weaknesses, enemies, and other pertinent information, with the assumption that the character is still alive and kicking. No need for a whole storyline, deaths, etc. It's no fun playing with a figure after the manufacturer has decided that the character is already dead. (Well, unless he's a ghost or a zombie.)
    This, so much this
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I just look at it as one author's interpretation of the material. There have been a few different imaginings of MOTU, and in time there will be more. Some may suit my tastes more than others.

Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    After what they did to Mer-Man i' m not going to bother to follow anymore the bios, the mini comics or the Classic Canon. I will take my figures and that's it. My favorite canons will always be the 200X series/comics and the pre-Filmation stories. And as an alternative and more "serious" MOTU Universe i have Dan Abnett's current DC comics. All these are my MOTU multiverse. Not the Classic Canon. And in these versions Mer-Man is still alive somewhere in the Sea of Rakash:

http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/Mer-...186548595?hf=1