Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't be amazing if the 2016 rebrand was made of original characters from the 4H?

Wouldn't be amazing if the 2016 rebrand was made of original characters from the 4H?

A new era of MOTU that would include:

- mainly original characters created by the 4 Horsemen (a la Draego-man)

but also

- MOTUC comics and CAC characters (which are already part of the new mythos)

- filmation, na and other worthy characters which couldn't make in MOTUC

- revisits of the main characters here and there

This would allow us to get the missing figures while also expanding the MOTU universe with the creative genius of the 4H as a guarantee of quality.

I would totally be into it, what about you?

I wholeheartedly agree, especially if my trusty Bubblor is one of them!

I for one would be way more up for new 4H characters than Filmation ones, since I really hated the Filmation cartoon.... (I know, I know, cue the boos!) But i think it would be awesome to see what they came up with if given leeway to just go crazy with it...

I actually want some of the new DC comic figures.
    Cue more Boo's, but Despara is pretty high on my list.
    Also a DC randor including ripped Hss face would be awesome.

I'd rather complete the Galactic Guardians and Mutants.

yeah, I really like the new DC comic myself! including Despara. Though I bet she comes in 2015 somehow...

I would love this I still wonder if those sketches they showed of the Dark Wizard (looked like Skeletor) and other characters awhile back was a hint of what they had planned for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I want them too, but unfortunately they have no chance to be released in a sub of their own...
    I guess they would have a better chance if they were included in a brand new, captivating line, and the 4H might be the right choice to provide some new freshness to the franchise (sweeping away the scepticism in new characters that designs like cy-chops or laser-lot contributed to create).

Yeah, me too...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Heroic Warrior
    I would love this so much.

Court Magician
    I'm in.

It does make me realise how badly I want all those CAC figures. Major Header is still the figure my kids hope for every time a box arrives from Matty.

Yep, the more I think about it the more exciting it seems... a whole fresh new batch of characters to get people interested and fired up again... using old style inspiration to create something fresh and new.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I would rather an all vehicle or a playset line to go with the characters we already have. Maybe 6 vehicles a year or 2 or 3 playsets. If that was not possible I would happily sub to a New Adventures, 2nd Filmation or a 200x sub. Regardless I am happy either way. If this is the end then it is at least a very good stopping point.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post

but also

This would allow us to get the missing figures while also expanding the MOTU universe with the creative genius of the 4H as a guarantee of quality.

Agreed.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Honestly with NA, Filmation,200x and Mini Comics still to do the idea of going for the new stuff and the CAC line pretty much seems like a dead end. Nearly every poll people have voted to remove very similar figures from the line. Ok Drago man and Castle Grayskullman are cool, but everything else from the " new motu" is in very, very minimal demand. The odd figure very carefully chosen maybe people could stomach it, for the fans that like them, but im confident of all the avenues of MOTU to go down, that is by far the least popular one.

Every character the Horsemen have created for this line so far (really just two- Draego Man and NA She-ra) have been aces, so yeah I could go for this idea!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Yes to these...

- MOTUC comics
    Yes to this as long as the current sub holders get to vote on who gets made.

- MOTUC CAC characters (which are already part of the new mythos)
    No to this. Just making characters for the sake of making something “cool” is not really what I want to see or purchase.

I agree with this. I would add that we need some Jetlag characters, too - Crita, Master Sebrian, Grot, Caz, Drissi, Mutant Troopers, Gleep, and the Scientists.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

As amazing as the 4H are, there are WAY TOO MANY Motu characters out there. Scott even said that there was no shortage of characters or content.

Personally, I would rather have already established content, whatever form that may take. There's nothing saying we can't have a 4 Horsemen Original Creation Mini-Sub assuming there is a 2016.

it's way too soon to be even thinking about 2016, leave this to Scott and Mattel and let's just bask in our major 2015 win.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    The 4H have some stuff out that's (obviously) original, straight from their brainz. They have amazing stuff coming out soon!!

You can just pick that stuff up, and work it right in.

Leave the marked up Mattel products for stuff actually in license, and get your 4H fix straight from the horses mouth.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

I'd love to see this along with

HE-RO II / Dare
    Skeleteen
    Bubblor
    Major Header
    Ra-Jah
    Three-Beast

Then some all new characters include a sub exclusive reanimated Skeletor would be sweet!!!

Honestly I just want to see some new reinvigorating stuff in the line, come on 4H I want to see what else you can pull out of those creative minds.
    Last edited by Gojira101; August 26, 2014 at 04:20pm.
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

but also

I'm into new characters, as long as its the 4H creating them and not TG, BUT nothing less than a significant portion of 2.0s of the A-list is going to work from 2016 on.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I guess I should've added a link:

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2014/07/26...ythic-legions/

Even a skeleton in there for you guys.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Every character the Horsemen have created for this line so far (really just two- Draego Man and NA She-ra) have been aces, so yeah I could go for this idea!
    Don't forget Light Hope!
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

If they looked like the Four Horsemen Studios Mythic Legions, then hell yeah. Those are fantastic. But not if the new line looks anything like the Classics fat-body recycled parts style. I hate the way the current line looks.

honestly , my favorite 4H stuff were the 200x stactions... when they could really get all stylized with the characters and not worry so much about parts-sharing. (I'm probably in a minority opinion here as well, but if they could finished up all the line in that style I would have been over the moon happy!) But fueling more creative stuff like that would be terrific...