Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we consider Thundercats a MOTUC subline?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

Can we consider Thundercats a MOTUC subline?

With the upcoming release of the MOTU / Thundercats crossover this idea is growing on me.

The toys share body parts, style and sculptors, so, why dont consider them as a subline?
    TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Heroic Warrior
    I do now.. before no.. but they fit right in and works for me. Excellent for cameos in comics or cartoons..

Heroic Warrior
    Are you petitioning official permission to post ThunderCats toy topics in this forum instead of the Other Forum? Technically they're not part of the MOTU mythos which this site is dedicated to. The crossover comic has potential to change that but it still may be a standalone "what if" scenario like Batman/TMNT crossover comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Are you petitioning official permission to post ThunderCats toy topics in this forum instead of the Other Forum? Technically they're not part of the MOTU mythos which this site is dedicated to. The crossover comic has potential to change that but it still may be a standalone "what if" scenario like Batman/TMNT crossover comic.
    I would love to have a sub forum located here, don't want to join another forum, plus so far I like everyone here.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    I would love to have a sub forum located here, don't want to join another forum, plus so far I like everyone here.
    Well when I say forum I mean this particular Masters of the Universe Classics Forum (2008 - ?) forum section. There is currently an ongoing thread in the Other Forum section for ThunderCats MattyCollector. That or people go to ThunderCats.org forum to talk ThunderCats which doesn't have as much traffic as here (a testament that MOTU has more popularity appeal these days than TC?)

- - - Updated - - -

Thundercats action figures by Mattel
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ures-by-Mattel

Heroic Warrior
    Haha, who cares what forum something is in? I for one hit new post and click what I find interesting. Make a comment if I feel. And it does have something to do with motuc since they share parts, and his question is do you consider this line to be another subline of motuc since they share parts and what not. Lol.. he's asking how do you look at it?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Haha, who cares what forum something is in? I for one hit new post and click what I find interesting. Make a comment if I feel. And it does have something to do with motuc since they share parts, and his question is do you consider this line to be another subline of motuc since they share parts and what not. Lol.. he's asking how do you look at it?
    I guess the Moderators and Admins care I don't collect figures so I have no real input on that. Only to say if other MattyCollector stuff (DC, Ghostbusters, etc.) shares parts/bucks, would they be considered sublines as well?

Heroic Warrior
    These two worlds can relate.. as for those can not. Perhaps dc. And I don't mean the two properties combined and thunder cats are now masters, but this toy line I consider motuc. Back in the day I would've put them together but they were built totally different and didn't mesh. But these new ones mesh perfectly and both worlds could actually work together as for a story and future cameos and toy lines to able to actually be meshed together. Idk..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Well, since we have an early sell-out of the SDCC exclusive and jerking-about of the customer base, I think we can safely assume that this is certainly part of the MOTUC line.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I don't consider it a subline, I do not consider HATMOTU a subline. Parts Sharing doesn't mean it all has to be one all encompassing line or Universe, it's just financially sound to a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    Well, since we have an early sell-out of the SDCC exclusive and jerking-about of the customer base, I think we can safely assume that this is certainly part of the MOTUC line.
    Just another day at Matty********ter...not mutually exclusive to MOTU.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves by Kenner was not a Star Wars or DC Super Powers subline.

Thundercats Classics is not a Masters of the Universe Classics subline.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    That will change in time.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't consider it a subline, I do not consider HATMOTU a subline. Parts Sharing doesn't mean it all has to be one all encompassing line or Universe, it's just financially sound to a point.
    Exactly. The Darkseid/Batman/Superman figures that have been made using MOTUC parts aren't part of a MOTUC subline either. I love ThunderCats, but they're their own entity, not a subline to MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Only if we can start over 500 threads on every DCUC & DCIE release, along with lots of accompanying discussion, as those must then also be part of the line.

totally yes!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I see it as I temporary and fun crossover, MOTU was my favorite and only line when I was a kid, never cared much about Star Wars, Batman or any other except ThunderCats, they were my 2nd favorite but never had any of their figures. I'm still thinking how I'm going to display them
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Heroic Warrior
    Officially they are not. And probably they will never be.

But in my own little personal childhood "Multiverse" MOTU, Blackstar, Thundercats, Bravestarr and SilverHawks are part of the same shared Universe. Eternians and Thunderians even more now, especially after the announcement of the upcoming crossover!

I vote yes! Hoooooooooo!
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I vote yes! Hoooooooooo!
    I keep trying to tell these hoes the same thing.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

they are 2 totally different cartoons, i like that they share parts cause i could use them for customs, but they are 2 totally different beasts. If the choice came down either to get main thundercats or the rest of NA, I would choose NA, because i like collecting He-man, not thundercats, or Bravestar, or Conan, or other crossover ideas. I would always rather get new never made MOTU figures then any other subline like this. Thundercats can stand on their own, there are enough fans out there to carry the line, hell i would totally buy them, but im not made of money, and when push comes to shove, i gotta choose what i am more passionate about, which is defiantly heman. Lets say the scenario happened where classics ended, and a year past and Mattel issued Thundercats then, I would be all over it, just like i was for MOTUC, just too much at one time for my situation.

I consider it a MOTUC subline for sure. Would be happy to see it discussed in this forum, and any news about it show up on He-man.org.
    Matt Moylan
    Director of Publishing, UDON Entertainment

You can consider it whatever you want to personally. For forum purposes though it falls under miscellaneous as its not He-Man.

Thundercats will never be Masters of the Universe!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    I see it as I temporary and fun crossover,
    This may be an EXTREMELY temporary arrangement, lol.... so much so that Cheetara and Tygra weren't even invited to the crossover!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Thundercats is its own entity and universe, I wouldn't subline it with MOTUC, just as I wouldn't subline the DKR & NU52 figures that use the same MOTUC parts. The crossover is its own bubble for a story and our personal collections can go ahead and merge anything we want but I wouldn't want it done officially here.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    Best point made so far! Case closed!

But seriously, I think that there should be a TC thread in this forum, even if it's a catch all kind of deal. Maybe all sub lines that share MOTUC parts (as a common theme in the line, not like the DCMV occasional parts sharing), then they should have a single dedicated thread here. But that's just my opinion.

PS I will be displaying them along with Classics and my TMNT Classics. All one big happy family.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; July 19, 2016 at 11:42am.