Thread: Generic heads (or full figures?) idea

Generic heads (or full figures?) idea

I had an idea for a head pack that featured a male and female white head sculpt, a male and female black head sculpt, and a set for Asian and Native American heads as well. I was thinking the hair could be removable, like with Vykron's helmets, but without the hole in the head, so that you could leave them bald if you so desired.

After giving it some more thought, I figured it might be worth having two or three 2 packs of figures; a male and female for each race per pack. These could come with different outfits or weapons to dress them out as villagers, or maybe generic warriors.

I think the head pack is more plausible, since we could source the bucks from cheaper after market figures, but I don't know.

Right now I've given this about 5 minutes of thought, so it's not very well rounded. My question to you is, what are your thoughts for making the most out of this idea? You can post a comment saying whether or not you would be willing to buy this, but I'd personally rather hear your ideas for making it work well.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I had an idea for a head pack that featured a male and female white head sculpt, a male and female black head sculpt, and a set for Asian and Native American heads as well. I was thinking the hair could be removable, like with Vykron's helmets, but without the hole in the head, so that you could leave them bald if you so desired.

After giving it some more thought, I figured it might be worth having two or three 2 packs of figures; a male and female for each race per pack. These could come with different outfits or weapons to dress them out as villagers, or maybe generic warriors.

I think the head pack is more plausible, since we could source the bucks from cheaper after market figures, but I don't know.

Right now I've given this about 5 minutes of thought, so it's not very well rounded. My question to you is, what are your thoughts for making the most out of this idea? You can post a comment saying whether or not you would be willing to buy this, but I'd personally rather hear your ideas for making it work well.
    I would love a 5 figure village pack, with 4 males figures and 1 female, and 10 heads of various types (I like your hair idea too)

The figures would have outfits up to their neck, and gloves or interchangeable hands to match the head color.

Maybe even have their mid section come apart like King Hssssss for even more match up options.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I think Blank-Or type releases could be instant hits with customizers, and might also attract a sizeable amount of casual collectors who might enjoy creating novel characters of their own.

The key ingredient would be to make all the parts easily detachable (ā la the heads and the parts of certain characters such as Trap Jaw's arm and Modulok's parts), so that you can mix-n'-match them at will with ease.

Something ā la the Hero Mashers (or LEGO/Megabloks figures, at a different scale), but with MotUC parts (although I wouldn't mind seeing actual MotU Hero Mashers releases by Hasbro, too, that we could mix-n'-match with the existing Marvel and SW Hero Mashers, and which might happen after the 2023 lift of Mattel's "monopoly" on MotU).

Offer a selection of generic parts in several appropriate colors (human flesh, Gar blue, beast brown, reptile green...), combined with some new and existing head parts (with the face and hair parts mix-n'-matchable rather than pre-glued) and interchangeable outfits/accessories, and suddenly people would be able to easily create an entire range of new (unique and/or army-builder) characters by themselves to populate their Eternias and Etherias. It could also help the sale of accessory packs (which are mostly-repainted).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I think Blank-Or type releases could be instant hits with customizers, and might also attract a sizeable amount of casual collectors who might enjoy creating novel characters of their own.

The key ingredient would be to make all the parts easily detachable (ā la the heads and the parts of certain characters such as Trap Jaw's arm and Modulok's parts), so that you can mix-n'-match them at will with ease.

Something ā la the Hero Mashers (or LEGO/Megabloks figures, at a different scale), but with MotUC parts (although I wouldn't mind seeing actual MotU Hero Mashers releases by Hasbro, too, that we could mix-n'-match with the existing Marvel and SW Hero Mashers, and which might happen after the 2023 lift of Mattel's "monopoly" on MotU).

Offer a selection of generic parts in several appropriate colors (human flesh, Gar blue, beast brown, reptile green...), combined with some new and existing head parts (with the face and hair parts mix-n'-matchable rather than pre-glued) and interchangeable outfits/accessories, and suddenly people would be able to easily create an entire range of new (unique and/or army-builder) characters by themselves to populate their Eternias and Etherias. It could also help the sale of accessory packs (which are mostly-repainted).
    Yep, what he said

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Hah, I drew that. Thanks for pointing out the other thread, I hadn't seen that.

I'm all up for a Blank-Or figure of course
    Matt Moylan
    Director of Publishing, UDON Entertainment

Definitely I'd want the full bodies to go with new generic heads, because I don't have the excess figures to just create generic people with new heads alone. Basically that makes it the same as an army builder set only with a broader range than a specific faction in mind. I hope they can spice it up with a lot more armor/clothing options to create a greater variety of figures than you'd get with just an army builder though. Like maybe sell the generic bodies (say several sets with basically He-Man and Adora's bucks with a few different skin colors and clothing options) with one or two heads and one or two combinations of accesories and clothing--but then while that's an evergreen item, sell new weapons packs with say two new heads each and several more combinations of weapons and armor (I'm counting things like capes and Adam's tunic as armor here too). It sounds cool to me at least, but I was ready for this idea years ago. It always seemed a distant thought so long as favorite character X was still not made and maybe never would be made. I'm not sure we'll be out of that temper with Super7, at least until we get through the first year, but I hope this idea doesn't go away.

I think Figuarts does a Blank-Or type of deal (didn't they offer all white, gray, and black options?). I'm tempted by its novelty but it is a pricey item for a blank figure. Also is the poseablity of the MOTUC buck enough to make blank figures really attractive to anyone but MOTUC customizers? I really don't know but am curious.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406