Thread: Rare Motu classics

Widget

Rare Motu classics

Just wanted to know exactly how rare is Shadow Weaver and Fisto? Seems like they're the most expensive ones. Like to hear your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Lincoln View Post
    Just wanted to know exactly how rare is Shadow Weaver and Fisto? Seems like they're the most expensive ones. Like to hear your input.
    Mattel doesn't give numbers in regards to their Classics stuff. I wouldn't personally call those two rare as I've seen plenty on eBay. Its more of a supply and demand thing.
    I'd call Bronze King Grayskull rare as he only pops up occassionally and Spirit of Grayskull incredibly rare as he only seems to pop up once every couple of years.
    ***Previously abaddon_31 on the Matty Collector Message Boards***
    MASS REJECTION ~ FRESH MEAT is coming www.facebook.com/massrejection

Heroic Warrior
    Teela and The original blue and orange Sorcoress are hugely demanded and expensive on the secondary market, but I'm not sure if they are rare....but they both had a single run with no reissues.

Battle armor Faker is also expensive, highly sought after and had an extremely limited run. Agree on Bronze and Spirit of King Grayskull. Add the chrome "birthday" She-ra to the list as well. The later of the two had about three figures each made. Hope this helps and happy hunting.

A cursory glance at ebay currently shows the most expensive single figure for sale is Fisto. Whiplash, Sorceress, and Teela are right on his heels in terms of price (over $300).

What happens when a single figure becomes the same price as a yearly subscription? Do we crack a bottle of champagne, or do we stab out our eyes?
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    A cursory glance at ebay currently shows the most expensive single figure for sale is Fisto. Whiplash, Sorceress, and Teela are right on his heels in terms of price (over $300).

What happens when a single figure becomes the same price as a yearly subscription? Do we crack a bottle of champagne, or do we stab out our eyes?
    What are you looking at? There are several ebay buy-it-now offers for Fisto for under $200. In search, I typed MOTUC Fisto and came right up.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    What are you looking at? There are several ebay buy-it-now offers for Fisto for under $200. In search, I typed MOTUC Fisto and came right up.
    I just wanted to see who was in the most expensive bracket so I was general. I typed in Masters of the Universe Classics, and made it sort from highest price first. After the lot sales and the Castle Grayskulls those were the figures that came in at the top of the price range.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post

Price does not equate to rare. The 2 KG's are scarce/rare and there is a She-Ra variant that is ultra rare. Everything else...not so much. Expensive yes, but not rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Price does not equate to rare. The 2 KG's are scarce/rare and there is a She-Ra variant that is ultra rare. Everything else...not so much. Expensive yes, but not rare.
    Oh, I know. The OP was sort of secondarily asking about expense, so I went in that direction.

What a figures "lists" at or buy it now is not important, you look at what they have sold for...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    High price on the secondary market does not mean rare. There are a lot of collectors who have most of the figures mint on card. so I am not sure how rare anything may be. I can say that a lot of the Green goddess have broken and thus a Mint on card version of her is becoming rarer.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Rarest figures? Probably factory correct shoulders King Hiss, Roboto and NA Skeletor.

Also factory correct forearms Stinkor (non-popping version) is extremely rare.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 4, 2014 at 11:22am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Court Magician Wonderbread He-Man's Avatar
    Flocked-ears Moss Man.

Oh, and yellow belted Stratos

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    I don't consider both Spirit King Grayskull and Silver She-Ra as part of the collection since both are like 2 units of each.

Bronze King Grayskull, that is rare, Shadow Weaver, Battle Armor Faker, Teela, Sorceress, those are expensive, not rare, Fisto, I don't get why he became that expensive when he had day of sale (yeah, I know he lasted like 5 seconds) and was a regular figure part of the sub, does anyone know why he became so "rare"/special/expensive? I read somewhere that even some subscribers didn't get him. On the other side, I've seen plenty of customs that use Fisto's parts, I'm lost there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    I don't consider both Spirit King Grayskull and Silver She-Ra as part of the collection since both are like 2 units of each.

Bronze King Grayskull, that is rare, Shadow Weaver, Battle Armor Faker, Teela, Sorceress, those are expensive, not rare, Fisto, I don't get why he became that expensive when he had day of sale (yeah, I know he lasted like 5 seconds) and was a regular figure part of the sub, does anyone know why he became so "rare"/special/expensive? I read somewhere that even some subscribers didn't get him. On the other side, I've seen plenty of customs that use Fisto's parts, I'm lost there.

IIRC the month Fisto came out was the same month as the Sorceress and there was some error where Sorceress figures were put into Fisto mailers, so some subbers got two Sorceress figures and no Fisto. On top of that, then I believe Matty Collector actually sold through their Customer Service stock by accident with Day Of Sales so there was no customer service stock available for the subbers who got there orders mixed up.

Since i started collecting.... going on 2 years ago - I feel shadow weaver has gone up in price and demand. Her eBay prices barely differ from MOC to Loose which is unusual for 98% of this line. She hasn't gone up a GREAT deal but i've seen her willingly sell (multiple bids) for more than i used to.

I regret selling my loose Fisto. I got £75 ($120+) for him sometime ago now - I wasn't collecting loose at the time.

Teela's price has dropped at times when she's been release at Matty sales - but people are so quick that it's a very modest drop.

Sorceress has stayed pretty stable I'd say - A highly demanded/imortant figure. Such a shame some people can't afford her.

These figures are way over priced. I feel awful for anyone joining the line now. This is exactly why getting new fans on board is so dang hard.