Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Mermista Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Widget

Official Mermista Discussion Thread

If they get around to her....what should we expect? She is my most anticipated figure of all...how will they handle her extra legs? or clothe fish tail....im confused.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Would be good to see her.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    First give me all MotU Characters !!! After that they can come with She-Ra stuff, maybe i´ll buy something if it´s not to girly

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    First give me all MotU Characters !!! After that they can come with She-Ra stuff, maybe i´ll buy something if it´s not to girly
    I totally disagree with you! Why should POP fans have to wait untill all the MOTU figures are out!!! We have as much right to look foward to getting some of our faviorate characters (within a relative space of time) as MOTU fans. For Mermista I agree with Tallstar. Detachable legs and SCULPTED tail. I hope they make the big fin at the bottom of her tail as close to the cartoon fin as possible without geting in trouble of course. I always thought the toy fin was way to plain and boring.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I understand that you would like to have your She-Ra stuff.
    But i always thought that She-Ra has nothing to do with He-Man.
    I fear that sales of one line influence the survival of the other(blame Mattel for that).
    Hopefully there are enough She-Ra Fans for backing up MotU
    Last edited by JimPansen; November 5, 2008 at 06:01am.

Widget
    [QUOTE]Mermista I agree with Tallstar. Detachable legs and SCULPTED tail. [QUOTE]

That is what im hoping for...and i am totally anticipating the the motu characters, but the thought of POP is what making me support eveything else. I hope they get around to them soon.

I understand that you would like to have your She-Ra stuff.
    But i always thought that She-Ra has nothing to do with He-Man.
    She's his sister! And she fights the Evil Horde, who are part of the Masters of the Universe toyline; how can you say she has nothing to do with He-Man

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I totally disagree with you! Why should POP fans have to wait untill all the MOTU figures are out!!! We have as much right to look foward to getting some of our faviorate characters (within a relative space of time) as MOTU fans.
    Because POP and NA fans are in the minority compared to vintage MOTU fans, that's why I'd imagine they'd get a whole year of straight vintage MOTU characters, to have the line pick up steam for a year. And add to that all the folks who say the only POP they'd only get is She-Ra/Adora and those who would pass up NA on general principal.

I feel for the NA and She-Ra fans.

I hoped that it would have been a random mix of characters every year until we had gotten to everyone. 200X versions of the MOTUC seem even more possible now just because they'll try to get all of those major MOTU characters first in the first year. Later when the characters get more obscure, they'll probably bring the major characters back out as 200X characters to keep the line fresh.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Because POP and NA fans are in the minority compared to vintage MOTU fans, that's why I'd imagine they'd get a whole year of straight vintage MOTU characters, to have the line pick up steam for a year. And add to that all the folks who say the only POP they'd only get is She-Ra/Adora and those who would pass up NA on general principal.

I feel for the NA and She-Ra fans.
    To clarify, I didn't expect any POP characters in the first year, although if Mattel did give us one it would be great! I was arguing with the idea presented in the post I quoted in my original post: suggesting that POP figures should wait untill all of the MOTU figures had been done. I totally understand the logic for the MOTU only policy for the first year of MOTUC, but after that it should be totally mixedup (IMO). The only POP figures I am counting on seeing in MOTUC are She-Ra, Adora & Catra! But Bow, Kowl, Glimmer, Angella & Castaspella would also be amazing!!!!! She-Ra, Catra & Adora (if done right) have the potential to be big sellers for MOTUC. Maybe we will luck out and Mattel will produce a He-Man and She-Ra two pack for SDCC in 2009.

I hope Mermista would also have her squrting necklace and sea shell attachment in any new MOTUC figure.
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 7, 2008 at 04:15am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I totally disagree with you! Why should POP fans have to wait untill all the MOTU figures are out!!!
    Um... because without MOTU there never woulda been PoP or NA.

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    THIS

[/IMG]
    Looks like one of those new Barbies IMO... not MOTU!
    Last edited by baileyrecords; November 9, 2008 at 06:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Not to be offensive but your making a mute point! How does this idea of "without MOTU there would be no POP" lead you on to the justification of the idea that POP fans should have to wait untill every MOTU figure has been produced before Mattel show She-Ra and her girls some love. Granted outside of She-Ra, Catra, Adora and possibly Frosta the other characters might not sell as well, but these 4 charaters could easily be very big sellers for MOTUC (if they are done right)! This is a collector line and there are many fans in this community who have stated they will buy She-Ra & POP characters. The SDCC exclusive She-Ra sold over 10,000 figures in the summer of 2004! (That's not something to be sniffed at). This alone shows She-Ra's potential.

The POP and NA fans are already in pain at what looks like having to wait untill 2010 for a bone or two. Sorry to be harsh as I assume you meant this as a joke! But attitudes like this don't really help the POP or NA cause!

On a lighter note, I agree that Mermista looks a bit like Barbie, but dude it's Mattel! They got Barbie on the brain!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish it was a barbie design because then Mattel could use it in MOTUC!
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 9, 2008 at 10:08pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousOne View Post
    If they get around to her....what should we expect? She is my most anticipated figure of all...how will they handle her extra legs? or clothe fish tail....im confused.
    NotoriousOne, I would assume them taking the same approach they took with King Hssss. The top of Mermista's body will probably be detachable at her waist and she would come with both articulated legs as well as a mermaid tail. How they will do/articulate the tail is something I'm very interested and excited to see. Personally, I can't wait to get her.

Ok, Jim..I could not pass up this comment because it's absolutely rude. I am a fan of both MOTU and POP. It's obvious you could care less about POP, so please, why come into a discuission about Mermista. NotoriousOne asked about how will they approach Mermista and you go and bash the POP line. Not cool, dude. Really not cool and not appreciated at all. All fans want this line to succeed for many different reasons.

Mermista is one of my most wanted POP characters. I personally would like to see her made with a "seamless" tail into the top without the belt. I think without the belt she'll looks more like the tail is a real part of her body and not a costume. For her legs I'd like to see them done in the same color as her tail with no boots but a fin, as if her tail just separates into legs. Whatever way they make her I'll be happy, just make her.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    these are the characters i dread in motu.
    i'm a completest & will get her anyway but, mermista seems to much like a mermaid barbie to me it has to much of a little girls toy feel to it. thats how i feel.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'd take Mermista over any PoP (even Glimmer, etc.), she's the one PoP fig I always wanted in vintage and never got.

I'd like to see her done with dual legs like the new version of Slave Leia - two sets of legs, one to be lounging as a Mermaid and one standing up.

I'm hoping she becomes an SDCC item so they can really deluxe her out. Then again, they did two heads and two arms for Trap Jaw - I can't think of too many accessories she needs besides two sets of legs. Plus then most of us would buy two figs.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Personally, I'd take Mermista over any PoP (even Glimmer, etc.), she's the one PoP fig I always wanted in vintage and never got.

I'd like to see her done with dual legs like the new version of Slave Leia - two sets of legs, one to be lounging as a Mermaid and one standing up.

I'm hoping she becomes an SDCC item so they can really deluxe her out. Then again, they did two heads and two arms for Trap Jaw - I can't think of too many accessories she needs besides two sets of legs. Plus then most of us would buy two figs.
    So yea...you just got crazy cool points in my book!!!!

I know how you feel...I never had vintage Mermista and just got one about 3 months ago. Even with that dumb cloth skirt & bowed legs!

How flippin cool would an SDCC Mermista be!!!!! I just...words...can't put it into!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Still holding out hope that we get our favorite mermaid with the french accent
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Adora View Post
    Still holding out hope that we get our favorite mermaid with the french accent
    Keep on keepin' on!!!

I am too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Personally, I'd take Mermista over any PoP (even Glimmer, etc.)
    Totally. Personally, I think Glimmer & Frosta are both pretty boring designs. Octavia & Scorpia & Flutterina are more visually interesting than those two.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Totally. Personally, I think Glimmer & Frosta are both pretty boring designs. Octavia & Scorpia & Flutterina are more visually interesting than those two.
    I've always had a "thing" for creature/human characters. Even Angela with her wings! Def. Scorpia & Octavia...Peekablue is a good example too!

In He-Man it's beast-man, mer-man, webstor, buzz-off, stratos, etc. etc. etc.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    If I have had one criticism of the 4H, it's that their female sculpts are somewhat deficient in the posterior.

As Eamon already pointed out in one of the Roast Gooble episodes, Mermista was depicted with a very ample backside. She was the J-Lo of PoP. I hope she's not flat like Classics Teela or Adora.

Mermista1.jpgMermista2.jpgMermista3.jpgMermista4.jpg
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousOne View Post
    Detachable at the waist perhaps? (With a tail attachment)
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    That's exactly what I would expect. And prefer.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    That makes the most sense to me. I can't wait until she gets done!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I made a mock-up of what I would like Mermista to look like in MOTUC. I really suck at recolouring, so I did it really quickly and it erased the details in her shell bra and tail fin. Sorry about that!

Here she is:

Filmation design
    Filmation ankle fins
    Toy colours
    Toy bracelets
    Toy belt
    Toy boots
    Toy alternate head
    Added scale detail on body
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah