Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mermista Discussion Thread

Widget

Official Mermista Discussion Thread

If they get around to her....what should we expect? She is my most anticipated figure of all...how will they handle her extra legs? or clothe fish tail....im confused.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Would be good to see her.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    First give me all MotU Characters !!! After that they can come with She-Ra stuff, maybe i´ll buy something if it´s not to girly

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousOne View Post
    If they get around to her....what should we expect? She is my most anticipated figure of all...how will they handle her extra legs? or clothe fish tail....im confused.
    Detachable at the waist perhaps? (With a tail attachment)
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    First give me all MotU Characters !!! After that they can come with She-Ra stuff, maybe i´ll buy something if it´s not to girly
    I totally disagree with you! Why should POP fans have to wait untill all the MOTU figures are out!!! We have as much right to look foward to getting some of our faviorate characters (within a relative space of time) as MOTU fans. For Mermista I agree with Tallstar. Detachable legs and SCULPTED tail. I hope they make the big fin at the bottom of her tail as close to the cartoon fin as possible without geting in trouble of course. I always thought the toy fin was way to plain and boring.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I understand that you would like to have your She-Ra stuff.
    But i always thought that She-Ra has nothing to do with He-Man.
    I fear that sales of one line influence the survival of the other(blame Mattel for that).
    Hopefully there are enough She-Ra Fans for backing up MotU
    Last edited by JimPansen; November 5, 2008 at 06:01am.

Widget
    [QUOTE]Mermista I agree with Tallstar. Detachable legs and SCULPTED tail. [QUOTE]

That is what im hoping for...and i am totally anticipating the the motu characters, but the thought of POP is what making me support eveything else. I hope they get around to them soon.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I totally disagree with you! Why should POP fans have to wait untill all the MOTU figures are out!!! We have as much right to look foward to getting some of our faviorate characters (within a relative space of time) as MOTU fans.
    Because POP and NA fans are in the minority compared to vintage MOTU fans, that's why I'd imagine they'd get a whole year of straight vintage MOTU characters, to have the line pick up steam for a year. And add to that all the folks who say the only POP they'd only get is She-Ra/Adora and those who would pass up NA on general principal.

I feel for the NA and She-Ra fans.

I hoped that it would have been a random mix of characters every year until we had gotten to everyone. 200X versions of the MOTUC seem even more possible now just because they'll try to get all of those major MOTU characters first in the first year. Later when the characters get more obscure, they'll probably bring the major characters back out as 200X characters to keep the line fresh.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I understand that you would like to have your She-Ra stuff.
    But i always thought that She-Ra has nothing to do with He-Man.
    She's his sister! And she fights the Evil Horde, who are part of the Masters of the Universe toyline; how can you say she has nothing to do with He-Man

While I prefer MOTU characters overall, I will say that I definately want to buy some POP as well as NA toys from this line. Of course, if Mattel only got to a few from either of those, I would be just fine with it. Stil, I'm all in, and to steer the topic back, I would agree that Mermista should detach at the waist and have a sculpted fin. (The less boring the better!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

@RocketPunch: what you talkin about is just the cartoon. For me the Toy itself is more important and from that standpoint she-ra was a Girl Toyline and nothing for me. The Idea that He-Man has a Sister is the same as King Grayskull, it takes the importance from He-Man.
    Hey if they´ll make the She-Ra Figures barbaricenough ill buy them all!!!
    Last edited by JimPansen; November 5, 2008 at 08:19am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    @RocketPunch: what you talkin about is just the cartoon. For me the Toy itself is more important and from that standpoint she-ra was a Girl Toyline and nothing for me. The Idea that He-Man has a Sister is the same as King Grayskull, it takes the importance from He-Man.
    He-Man is important to She-Ra. After all, she originates from He-Man. And He-Man gives She-Ra more enemies with the Horde.

But so far, She-Ra isn't important to He-Man and MOTU...

You don't have to have She-Ra in MOTU. Many of us grew up without POP in our MOTU collections and media. The Star comics and MOTU mini-comics always had the Horde with no She-Ra around. Basically except for Filmation and the MOTU Magazine, she didn't exist.

The only era that celebrates She-Ra is Filmation. MYP would have introduced her, but at least 200X made her somewhat relevant. It's a pity that we couldn't see how she would have worked in the mythos heavy 200X era.

As for importance, in Filmation, She-Ra is fighting Hordak on another planet, so she isn't taking away his thunder. King Grayskull is dead. I always saw KG not just as another guy that's just like He-Man, but as a hint as to the potential of Adam as he gets more and more experienced.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I think Mermista will be very late in the series if she comes. She is a bit complicated to construct and not a tier one character. I think many non-MOTU toy PoPs will make an appearance sooner (2009), but expect the likes of She-Ra, Adora, Catra, Glimmer, and such (hopefully KOWL!!) to come first, and sadly, we may need to be very patient with the others. Okay, so, I know this is still getting off topic, but I would just like to give my two cents anyways.

In the US, well, where I grew up, She-Ra WAS the next generation of MOTU. While on one hand they stopped making He-Man toons, they were on just about every level the exact same. I love the Horde, and that's all about PoP. Sure they could have been on Eternia just the same, but the way it played out is good too.

I didn't play with the PoP toys though, at all. Mainly because they weren't beside my motu figs in the store, and they had hair and combs and I myself didn't care too much for that. But the characters themselves are pretty important, and I think central to the series. Leaving the major characters out in the beginning is odd. She-Ra is sooo much more important than Scareglow or Mosquitor, or anybody beyond He-Man/Adam and Skeletor really. And the same approach should be taken for the rest of the cast. I hate bow, but he has more of a role than at least 50% of the MOTU figs. So I hope they take that into consideration.

Here's the problem. It's not about the cartoon at all. And the toys were radically different. Even the mythos might leave out PoP all together, or maybe just squeeze enough to include She-Ra (and expected good sellers) somehow and be done with it. But I think they will fit right in. They will all be the same toy series this time, so it will be perfect I'm sure.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

For me the toys are the most important thing too, but you can't dismiss She-Ra's importance. The 200x figure had a bio on the box that ties her in to He-Man's world, and it's likely the Classics figure will too. So her importance is not exclusive to the Filmation cartoon.

(However, I do agree with you about King Grayskull.)

MegaGearMax: you made some good points that outside of Filmation She-Ra never had much of a say in the MOTU world. But that may change if we get new minicomics. Who can say?
    Last edited by RocketPunch; November 5, 2008 at 10:06am.

Put me down for detachable legs and sculpted tail!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Detachable at the waist perhaps? (With a tail attachment)
    That's exactly what I would expect. And prefer.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Because POP and NA fans are in the minority compared to vintage MOTU fans, that's why I'd imagine they'd get a whole year of straight vintage MOTU characters, to have the line pick up steam for a year. And add to that all the folks who say the only POP they'd only get is She-Ra/Adora and those who would pass up NA on general principal.

I feel for the NA and She-Ra fans.
    To clarify, I didn't expect any POP characters in the first year, although if Mattel did give us one it would be great! I was arguing with the idea presented in the post I quoted in my original post: suggesting that POP figures should wait untill all of the MOTU figures had been done. I totally understand the logic for the MOTU only policy for the first year of MOTUC, but after that it should be totally mixedup (IMO). The only POP figures I am counting on seeing in MOTUC are She-Ra, Adora & Catra! But Bow, Kowl, Glimmer, Angella & Castaspella would also be amazing!!!!! She-Ra, Catra & Adora (if done right) have the potential to be big sellers for MOTUC. Maybe we will luck out and Mattel will produce a He-Man and She-Ra two pack for SDCC in 2009.

I hope Mermista would also have her squrting necklace and sea shell attachment in any new MOTUC figure.
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 7, 2008 at 04:15am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I always liked Mermista. I would want her to have an awesome sculpted tail!

Although, honestly, I don't have high hopes of seeing a lot of B-side characters in a line that only has 12 figures a year...
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    THIS

And for the record she's like my #1 requested POP character. I just think the challenging execution of her would make her one of the most interesting characters in the entire MOTUC line.
    Last edited by Agostinho; February 19, 2011 at 07:43pm.

Love Mermista!

I don't think we'll be seeing any PoP character for a while. I do agree it is odd someone like She-Ra would arrive way down the line when she certainly seems more important than many MOTU characters.

But, as stated above, with only 12 figures a year & Mattel wanting to use the main few molds as much as possible at the moment...& gathering that Teela & Evil-Lyn would have priority as far as women go, PoP just wouldn't be on the cards.

*sigh*

And so we wait.

I love Mermista, and I bet she'll be one of the first POP figures made.

Detachable legs/fin is probably the way it will go

If it hadn't been for She-Ra, MOTU would have ended with a whimper... there would have been no SECRET OF THE SWORD... Mattel wanted to capitalize on the toy line with girls... and they did. She-Ra probably kept MOTU alive a little longer because it roped in some knew kids (girls, many of whom actually collected some MOTU - see our ranks here if you don't believe me). Many would argue the contrary, but POP was vital to MOTU lasting as long as it did (more specifically for the last 2 years of the line).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Mermista

I really want a new version of her. I also am with Tallstar. Id love to see her done with a awesome detachable sculpted tail and legs.
    She-ra was very important to me as a kid. My brother and I sorta threw out the Etheria part when we played and He-man and She-ra battled togeather as a team. We entertwined the pop figures in with the masters.
    I hope we get figures like Mermista peppered thru out this line. That will help keep me intrested. I'd be more inclined to buy some of shall we say my least favorite motu characters if thats the case.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Heroic Warrior
    bcrduke:

I can certainly understand some of the frustration that She-Ra preferential fans and New Adventures preferential fans may be feeling. Waiting for what we want is difficult and I have no more patience than anyone else. However, there are a few things to keep in mind.

First, nothing is set in stone. From what we've seen of this line so far, anything and everything is fairly free form and can change at any time. POP and NA characters could very well show up sooner rather than later. Mattel has stated that they wish to bring all of these characters under the MOTUC Banner and thus far I have no reason to doubt them. Mattel knows that there is money to be made on all of these characters and I'm sure they are planning to make the most of these opportunities.

Second, we are talking about a toyline by the name of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS so it stands to reason that the line will be predominantly MOTU-centric, especially earlier on as the line is establishing itself. At one figure per month, it will take a while for many fans (including MOTU preferential fans) to see their favorite characters released. Again we must exercise patience.

Finally, let's take a look at the numbers. Using only the earlier (Original MOTU, POP and NA) toyline numbers on this site for our pool of available characters in MOTUC, here's what we're looking at.

Per this site, MOTU ran from 1982 - 1988 (basically 7 years), POP ran from 1984 - 1986 (basically 3 years) and NA ran from 1989 - 1992 (basically 4 years) so in terms of time as a consumable product, MOTU has the other 2 lines by nearly 2:1.

Again using the info on this site for Characters/Figures released in each line, MOTU released 83 unique figures (including all versions of He-Man, Skeletor and Hordak plus the Meteorbs - since they are as Character/Figure based as Kowl and Loo-Kee), POP released 22 unique figures (including all versions of She-Ra and Catra plus Kowl and Loo-Kee) and NA released 26 unique figures (including all versions of He-Man, Skeletor, Hydron, Flipshot, Flogg and Hoove). MOTU has a better than 3:1 chance over the other 2 lines to have a character picked from what it has available. Even removing the different character versions from all the lines and taking away the Meteorbs from the MOTU pool (MOTU - 63 characters, POP - 18 characters, NA - 18 characters), MOTU still has a 3:1 chance at getting a character made in this line than the other 2 lines do. The numbers are simply in favor of MOTU characters over POP and NA. It's not a "misogynistic" conspiracy. It's just the way the numbers are.

All that being said, Mattel seems to be listening to the fans this time. They may not be following our every whim, but they are listening. If the POP/NA fans make enough positive noise, Mattel may just move those characters up in priority. You simply never can tell.

As for me, I'm just excited that we have a new line to be passionate about and I look forward to ALL OF THE CHARACTERS being released all in the same style under the MOTUC Banner. I just wish Dec. 1 would get here a bit faster!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I totally disagree with you! Why should POP fans have to wait untill all the MOTU figures are out!!!
    Um... because without MOTU there never woulda been PoP or NA.

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    THIS

[/IMG]
    Looks like one of those new Barbies IMO... not MOTU!
    Last edited by baileyrecords; November 9, 2008 at 06:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Not to be offensive but your making a mute point! How does this idea of "without MOTU there would be no POP" lead you on to the justification of the idea that POP fans should have to wait untill every MOTU figure has been produced before Mattel show She-Ra and her girls some love. Granted outside of She-Ra, Catra, Adora and possibly Frosta the other characters might not sell as well, but these 4 charaters could easily be very big sellers for MOTUC (if they are done right)! This is a collector line and there are many fans in this community who have stated they will buy She-Ra & POP characters. The SDCC exclusive She-Ra sold over 10,000 figures in the summer of 2004! (That's not something to be sniffed at). This alone shows She-Ra's potential.

The POP and NA fans are already in pain at what looks like having to wait untill 2010 for a bone or two. Sorry to be harsh as I assume you meant this as a joke! But attitudes like this don't really help the POP or NA cause!

On a lighter note, I agree that Mermista looks a bit like Barbie, but dude it's Mattel! They got Barbie on the brain!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish it was a barbie design because then Mattel could use it in MOTUC!
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 9, 2008 at 10:08pm.