Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mermista Discussion Thread

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Hey Angel-T, I was only giving you a hard time. You and I have had a similar discussion in various other threads... it's all in jest (hence the He-Man sticking tongue out smilie).

Persoanlly I don't want any PoP but that doesn't mean you and the others who do should have to wait. I can easily wait until after the release of some PoP - even Mermista - for the release of any Meteorbs.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Sorry buddy, I didnt mean to jump down your neck! I guess I am feeling a bit techy about the whole no POP approach at the moment!!!!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Since there's not going to be any action features, I wonder if Mermista will still get her shell or something else in place of it?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I must admit that would be a nice little throw back to the original figure!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Well Mermista, technically might be an expensive figure to tool if they decided to have her tail be an interchangeable piece in the card itself. I wouldn't be at all surprised that instead of making her tail interchangeable, Mattel simply does two Mermista figures with a 50/50 split. You can either purchase her as a Mermaid mode OR in Warrior mode. I'd honestly be shocked if they gave her a whole extra lower torso in the packaging.

As for her weapons, I feel all the POP girls need new ones. In many ways POP are going to be the most interesting to debut in this line because MOTU is basically a reproduction with a taller figure and new articulation, but with POP we don't know what we're getting.

I have a feeling if Mermista has her tail come in the same packaging, and her Mermaid form isn't a variant figure, it will count as her accessory. I kind of hope not, because I want her to have weapons.
    Last edited by Agostinho; November 10, 2008 at 06:01pm.

I'd go for the interchangeable tail, or as said above, surely Mattel would make more money by releasing a taile version and leg version.

Me, I'm personally waiting for Frosta, packaged in with an embarrassed head to put on He-Man!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    I wish they could use weapons something similar to my designs or the legs like mine at least.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Nice designs!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Maybe they'll wait until a Con and do her as an exclusive *and* release her on the site like they are with Faker. The Con exclusive could be Mermista with human legs, and the regular figure could be the one with the tail.

That way everyone can get the one they want, it would be a double figure month and more of a profit for Mattel.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I know people will disagree but, I'd rather buy 2 Mermistas (one warrior and one mermaid) than to have Mattel say they can't make her because she requires tooling that makes her too expensive to produce. Fingers crossed though.
    Last edited by Agostinho; November 11, 2008 at 02:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    I know people will disagree but, I'd rather buy 2 Mermistas (one warrior and one mermaid) than to have Mattel say they can't make her because she requires tooling that makes too expensive to produce. Fingers crossed though.
    Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually (and this addresses the fear of female figures with skirts losing articulation), Mattel's "Giganta" exclusive for the JLU line has this very bendy plastic clothing... it's awesome... it looks great, and it's SUPER flexible... you can rotate her legs fine (not that they are at all articulated like MOTUC, but it would totally work with MOTUC).

SO, they could make the tail out of that material and have it still be a slip on tail... and because the legs on these are more articulated (slightly), she wouldn't end up with bow-legged syndrome like the classic Mermista figure.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

MOTUC Mermista

How do you think they're going to handle our favorite mermaid? Will she have a cloth tail that is removable or will she just have the tail with no legs?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

I think that she should just have a sculpted tail. Mattel said no clothes for the figures.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    interchangeable lower bodies.
    one sculpted tail and one lower torso with legs. should be simple enough to do.

no cloth tail to go over the legs please....
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Did she ever have legs? I prefer a sculpted articulated tail.I have never had a mermaid figure so it would be awsome to have Mermista.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    Did she ever have legs? I prefer a sculpted articulated tail.I have never had a mermaid figure so it would be awsome to have Mermista.
    yes she had legs. the original figure had legs that the cloth mermaid tail fit over. the legs were bowlegged in such a way that she couldn't stand too well. Mermista was the only pop figure i've ever had. I'd love to have a new one done properly, that could be displayed well in both forms.

in the toon she could turn her tail into legs so she could walk on land. IMO a proper Mermista needs to have both. A sculpted articulated tail, and a second lower body with legs.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    yes she had legs. the original figure had legs that the cloth mermaid tail fit over. the legs were bowlegged in such a way that she couldn't stand too well. Mermista was the only pop figure i've ever had. I'd love to have a new one done properly, that could be displayed well in both forms.

in the toon she could turn her tail into legs so she could walk on land. IMO a proper Mermista needs to have both. A sculpted articulated tail, and a second lower body with legs.
    In that case yes I totally agree with you that she needs both a tail and legs.I really need to watch the old she-ra episodes, they always sound interesting.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar

that would be so awesome!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I would love that. Do I see it happening though - no. They'll prolly save Mermista for a Con exclusive and do a 50/50 variant on her in a sealed package so you'll have to buy more to ensure you get both.

I wouldn't mind her being 2 seperate figures either, as long as there was a way to have the tail version able to display in a non cheesey way, or if she came with a stand. But we didn't get a stand for Stratos so I'm not hopeful of this either.

Don't get me wrong though Mermista is one of the figures that I'm really looking forward to simply because of the surprise of what will we actually get with her idea.

Interchangeable lower bodies sounds good.
    To infinity, and beyond!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Im looking forward to seeing what the 4H do with the POP characters, Mermista and Frosta particularly, and at this point I really dont think it matters wether its POP or MOTU etc, its all MOTUC and the universe that those characters ALL inhabit. So its all good Ill collect em all And Ill love em all.
    Back in the 80's I had to con my mum into letting me buy POP because she didnt want to buy me "girls' toys, I ended up getting a few on the basis that it was irefutable to even my mum that they were still MOTU toys!
    And to this day My Crystal Castle sits proudly next to my Snake mountain, Eternia, Fright Zone and Greyskull on top of my wardrobe. Its all about the MOTU Legacy and all its incompassing collections!

Bring on every single Character, Im waiting for em all!!!
    Cheers A

After seeing Pixel Dan's review of King hiss it got me thinking of Mermista. I think she could totally have swappable legs like hiss has a swappable torso. However i was wondering how would Mermista be posed on display shelves if one wanted to show her in Mermaid form?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    After seeing Pixel Dan's review of King hiss it got me thinking of Mermista. I think she could totally have swappable legs like hiss has a swappable torso. However i was wondering how would Mermista be posed on display shelves if one wanted to show her in Mermaid form?
    She would probably look good in one of the "flying stands" that Mattel has for sale on Mattycollector.

I have Marzo, Stratos, and Hordak all "flying" in one.

With Mermista, it would just be a cool way to display her without having to have the legs on the whole time.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I imagine Mermista will be done much like Hssss but instead of a switched-out torso it'll be swappable legs and tail- nowadays they can easily pack-in a stand of some sort so that we can display her upright with her tail attached, as if she were coming up out of water or whatnot.

Ha, we were both on this thread at the same time with the same idea!