Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mermista Discussion Thread

I really hope they consider giving her a stand that can clip on her waist in "fish" form so that we can display her upright in this form. Considering she will likely have a swappable bottom half, however, I am not going to hold my breath. Sure would be nice. Or if they would at least put the flight stands back into production at that time.

Back with Mermista love!

I keep seeing her finished in my minds eye and she looks great!

Come on Mattel...make the first mermaid action figure ever!!!

I second that, I can't wait to see what the 4H can do with her

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I really hope they consider giving her a stand that can clip on her waist in "fish" form so that we can display her upright in this form. Considering she will likely have a swappable bottom half, however, I am not going to hold my breath. Sure would be nice. Or if they would at least put the flight stands back into production at that time.
    Ha!

Flight stands are on their way

If the rumors are true and there are at least three to four POP characters on their way for 2014 than Mermista has to be one of the quarterly oversized figures to make all her looks justice.

With FILMATION being the main source when it comes to POP she won't come with bare legs and her fish tail will have the same color as her top but i hope she will be shiny and a hint of scales like the style guide art.

*Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Only 3 or 4? I was hoping for at least 5

I am guessing:
    Mermista
    Glimmer
    Angela
    Spinarella (SP)

I would prefer Pekablue or Sweet Bee over Spinarella, but i have a feeling with Netossa out she'll be made sooner than later.

Okay...no new love for the mermaid!?
    Come on guys....

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    Only 3 or 4? I was hoping for at least 5
    If only 3 or 4 vintage POP can make it in 2014, I'd go with Glimmer, Kowl, Mermista and Double Trouble. Then Angella, Sweet Bee, Perfuma and Spinnerella for 2015. And Entrapta, Peekablue, Flutterina and Loo-Kee in 2016.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I am not giving up hope for Mermista 2014!
    She would be perfect for July (my birthday of course)!!

It just feels like this will be her year
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I have confidence that Mermista will come in 2014.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

It hurts my heart that so many seem to think she id going into 2015...

That being said: Dont forget to vote for Mermista in the POP Idol!!

- - - Updated - - -

It hurts my heart that so many seem to think she is going into 2015...

That being said: Dont forget to vote for Mermista in the POP Idol!!

My bet is that Mermista will come in 2014, as well as Sweet Bee. Angella is easier to make but she might be a sub lure for 2015.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, Toyguru did recently mention the high cost of tooling PoP figures with wings and tails.

The reference to tails could have been intended for Scorpia, but it also could have referred to Mermista.

It would be great to see Mermista in 2014, but since Toyguru previously stated that the remaining A-List PoP are Glimmer, Angella and Mermista, it's likely that Angella and/or Mermista will be held as a lure for the 2015 subscription as Glimmer is coming in February 2014.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I sure hope we get her this year, as she's been my most wanted for several years now. That being said, I agree that they'll use either her or Angella as a lure for next year. I'm honestly not sure which would be the better lure to the genral public. Regardless, I'm finally feeling pretty confident we'll get her. This is what's concerning me at this point:

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Well, Toyguru did recently mention the high cost of tooling PoP figures with wings and tails.
    All of the unrevealed vintage PoP that I really want (save Perfuma) have wings (well technically feathers in one case) or a tail.

It also bothers me that I've seen lots of speculation lists for the next two years and people are STILL only putting TWO vintage PoP characters a year. I would certainly feel shafted if we didn't get any better in "The Promised Years" than what we had been getting anyway.

Entrapta, Spinarella and Double Trouble don't have wings or tails. We're supposed to get more pop characters in 2014 then any year previous. In 2013 we got Netossa, Octavia and Castaspella, so we should get 4 or 5 pop characters in 2014, Glimmer, Scorpia, Huntara, still leaves 1 or 2 slots for pop characters this year,as many as 3 if Huntara ends up in the 2015 sub
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel's announcement about the results of the vote at SDCC confirmed Huntara as a monthly release in 2014, so we'll be seeing Huntara in 2014.

I don't think Huntara would count towards Toyguru's previous comments about more PoP in 2014 than in any other year. Toyguru wouldn't have known until SDCC that Huntara was even going to be released in 2014. So, that should hopefully mean we see four to six PoP members of The Great Rebellion in 2014. Of course, at least one of them could include Kowl. And if Loo-kee is released somehow, then he'd probably also count towards the "more PoP in 2014 than any other year".

But, all that aside, IF Toyguru is true to his word about releasing ALL vintage PoP, except for variants, in 2014 and 2015, then we're going to have to see more members of The Great Rebellion released. I can see Entrapta being held for a Horde release in 2015, but more heroines will need to be released unless 2015 is going to be a full year of PoP!

There's also the possibility of a club Etheria mini sub for pop's 30th
    A PONY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    There's also the possibility of a club Etheria mini sub for pop's 30th
    A Club Etheria mini-sub would be awesome! I would really like a vintage-toy-based PoP sub or mini-sub ... that would be superb ... the thought practically makes me giddy.

Back on-topic, though, I would be glad to see Mermista no matter where she shows up.
    Last edited by j-bird; July 26, 2013 at 02:11pm. Reason: off-topic

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I'm confident that we'll be getting 5 Vintage POP ladies in 2014, and one of them will be Mermista.
    Last edited by Shadow-Ra; July 27, 2013 at 01:03pm.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

the questio for me is what to do with her shell backpack i think it should be like a war horn, similar to the horn of evil. what do u guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I'm confident that we'll be getting 5 Vintage POP ladies in 2014, and one of them will be Mermista.
    Really?

I'm confident there will be more than 5.

Mermista would be cool as the $35 holiday item if they tricked her out. But I can also see them using her as First Quarter bait for 2015
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Really?

I'm confident there will be more than 5.

Mermista would be cool as the $35 holiday item if they tricked her out. But I can also see them using her as First Quarter bait for 2015
    More than five POP in 2014? That would be awesome!

As for Mermista, I also wouldn't be surprised if they held her for 2015... They have to keep a few highly requested character to sell the sub don't they?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I could see them holding Mermista as a 2015 'Hostage' figure with Angella. She is actually more popular than I thought!

It she was bait (great pun by the way) for the first quarter large item, we could expect to see her at SDCC, which would be a real incentive for POP fans to re-sub for 2015. Once they have see Mermista, Angella, Peekablue and Entrapta the big guns for POP are done, it would be a smart move having at least one character like Mermista still to look foward to in 2015. Next year with Glimmer, Loo-Kie, Madame Razz & Broom Scorpia and hopefully Angella & Imp we will mostly complete core POP next year with Peekablue , Entrapta, Huntara and the longed for Mermista as lures for 2015, unless a POP sub is coming, then the more the merrier!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!