Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mermista Speculation Thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm hope they don't decide to do her hair as thou its under water (wavy/flowing).
    That would be weird if she displayed next to other characters.
    an example is Marzos wind blown hair.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I hope Mermista comes with interchangeable legs and fin.

But if that is prohibitively expensive for the budget allocated, then a removeable "fun" that operates similarly to Queen Marlena's dress would be okay.
    This is NOT an option! If you say this is okay again, in this thread...I think you should be banned from it!

NO WAY!

She needs the articulated tail a'la King Hiss torso!

scales on Mermista would be great if given then same treatment of the Mera figure. SAME...not similar.

I know I am being overly idealistic when it comes to this figure but I want it ALL! I want legs and tail with an interchangeable torso. I want the scaled body in a shiny/wet look. I want 2 heads, underwater hair & land hair. underwater head would look bad-ass IMO. But do understnad displaying her with legs and her hair looking like she is underwater...
    I want the shell I want the fins on the ankles in leg form!

Id throw down $50.00 easy for that!

DONT FORGET to INCLUDE Mermista in your Top 10 MOTUC Pre-Power Con 2012 list!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2012-Edition!!

Mermista is only in 30.23% of the current lists! I know I'm a bit crazy but she has to remain in the top 10 to get made sooner than later, and by later I mean before this line dies! lol
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; August 24, 2012 at 01:41am.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I really hope they include something for her to sit on, like a stool with a shell design...

I never liked posing her with her fin on, as all she could do was sit there...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I really hope they include something for her to sit on, like a stool with a shell design...

I never liked posing her with her fin on, as all she could do was sit there...
    Okay now I am throwing like $65.00 down for her NO PROBLEM!

I know it sounds crazy but I really think if fans/collectors saw Mermista ALL decked out they would HAVE to have her. She would NO DOUBT be an instant sell-out!

I am convinced, that IF done right Mermista WILL BE the most popular POP lady!

TOP 10, AGAIN, on:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...dition!!/page6

Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    POP is my favourite faction, but 2 heads for Merm? I think that's just a tad too much. 1 torso, 1 pair of legs, 1 fin, shield and some sort of weapon. Like a trident similar to Mer-Man (not his just repainted), a different design, but similar.

No stupid axe/combs though.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    POP is my favourite faction, but 2 heads for Merm? I think that's just a tad too much. 1 torso, 1 pair of legs, 1 fin, shield and some sort of weapon. Like a trident similar to Mer-Man (not his just repainted), a different design, but similar.

No stupid axe/combs though.
    You are BANNED!

There is NO such thing as too much for Mermista!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    I don't see a need for two heads, but definitely two sets of bottoms - one legs, one mermaid fin. I do agree, though, I'd love to see some sort of "seashell" we can set her on, so she can have a nice place to relax when in Mermaid form.

I think she would make a perfect SDCC exclusive for next year - because they can charge a higher price point for her to include these things, and if you are going to sell a PoP as a SDCC exclusive, a sexy mermaid would be the way to go.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    My biggest fear is that she'll recieve the Frosta treatment: busted face, terrible colors, and incorrect parts/assembly. Having my most wanted figure done poorly would be pretty devastating to my MOTUC morale. I can wait as long as necessary and pay whatever price, just do Mermista justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    My biggest fear is that she'll recieve the Frosta treatment: busted face, terrible colors, and incorrect parts/assembly. Having my most wanted figure done poorly would be pretty devastating to my MOTUC morale. I can wait as long as necessary and pay whatever price, just do Mermista justice!
    asking the 4H do to a *non monster* POP girl justice is asking alot of them.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    asking the 4H do to a *non monster* POP girl justice is asking alot of them.
    Hopefully they just excel at aquatic themed ladies.

Hope they announce her soon. Someone needs to dive in the water and bust up Mer-Man and Octavia! And no, Aquaman from that Toys R Us 2-pack doesn't count.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Hope they announce her soon. Someone needs to dive in the water and bust up Mer-Man and Octavia! And no, Aquaman from that Toys R Us 2-pack doesn't count.
    I couldn't agree more. I hope she is one of the reveals this weekend. Cross your fingers! And your fins!!

Well no new reveal. Cant say I am surprised.

If we get a 2014 line I am sure she will be in it. I think 2013 is just going to be too soon for her. I would rather they take their time on her so her face dosent end up looking like some busted hooker like Frosta. Netossa's face is perfect! I am, with out a doubt, sure that her tail will be amazing! Provided its not some crap plastic wrap thing.

Don't forget there is the new POP Idol and Mermista is duking it out with Glimmer again!

Vote for the MERMAID folks....vote for the mermaid!!!!!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Well no new reveal. Cant say I am surprised.

If we get a 2014 line I am sure she will be in it. I think 2013 is just going to be too soon for her. I would rather they take their time on her so her face dosent end up looking like some busted hooker like Frosta. Netossa's face is perfect! I am, with out a doubt, sure that her tail will be amazing! Provided its not some crap plastic wrap thing.

Don't forget there is the new POP Idol and Mermista is duking it out with Glimmer again!

Vote for the MERMAID folks....vote for the mermaid!!!!!
    I like how Mermista in your AV happens to be doing a "What The..." pose to go along with this post

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    I like how Mermista in your AV happens to be doing a "What The..." pose to go along with this post
    Shes all WTFrig I'm the HBIC in POP...wheres my figure!??
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

She should come with this trident, which her people held in the episode The Pearl.

Okay Mermista lovers (and there seems to be more & more)...we already know that Mermista has moved atleast 2 spots from last year's 2012 popularity poll (tied in 19th).

I just hope she drowns out Glimmer (get it).

I get the whole "Glimmer is the MAA of the GR"...but come on...Mermista will make a way cooler action figure.
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I think that for Mermista, 4H could make a 'Flight Stand' or 'Float Stand' for her. It would be in the shape of a bubbling water spout, yet be sturdy enough to support the fish-tail version.

And no, there should NOT be a Mermista before a Glimmer and a Mantenna. I love Mermista, but she is a secondary character at best!

I would like to have Glimmer, Angella and Castaspella before Mermista but I'm fine if she comes sooner than later. She would look cool with a trident to battle Mer-Man underwater. Hopefully it's not a glossy repaint of the Mer-Man trident.

Mermista blows Glimmer out of the water so far as visual appeal!

Not to mention I think Mermista has more cross over appeal than Glimmer.

In the end I'd rather Mermista receive votes for her design appeal and not pity votes for POP supporters!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

There's at least one solid argument for Mermista being done sooner rather then later. They seem to be focusing on the PoP ladies with the blue hair first, Frosta, Netossa, clearly Mermista should be next

I hope you all included Mermista in your Top 10 Pre-NYTF 2013 thread!

Thanks to MrRoboto we know that, as of today, Mermista is in the top 10! Out of all the characters in the MOTU & POP lines Mermista has enough desirability to get into the top 10!

It just does my heart good!!

The 4H are going to make one hell of a figure with her. I know it!!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I hope you all included Mermista in your Top 10 Pre-NYTF 2013 thread!
    #1 as always.

It's awesome to see Mermista and so many of the other PoP girls so high on the list. It hurts my soul that Perfuma and Flutterina are so low, though.

Oh Mermista thread...

I need it to cheer me up. The thought of a Mermista MOTUC figure is the ONLY thing keeping me in the game at this point. I think it's safe to assume 2013 is a no-go for Mermista. I guess that's a good thing, like I said before I'll wait for her to be properly rather than some hot Frosta mess.

Go Mermista go!!!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I'm looking forward to her. My current no. 3 PoP lady. Really curious to see how they do her. I love getting figures of characters I've never owned before. I will more than likely use her legs 95% of the time, but her tail will be very impressive I'm sure. Bring her on! I always have room for a pretty lady on my shelf.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!