Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mermista Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    She would probably look good in one of the "flying stands" that Mattel has for sale on Mattycollector.

I have Marzo, Stratos, and Hordak all "flying" in one.

With Mermista, it would just be a cool way to display her without having to have the legs on the whole time.
    I'd like to see her come with some sort of stool that she can sit on. Perhaps the seat part could just be an attachment to the top of a flight-stand.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

She was my favorite of the POP characters after Kowl and Catra so I look forward to seeing her.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    We're probably going to get the Filmation Mermista, since she's on the map and we've ONLY received Filmation PoP figures so far , so (if that's the case), at the very least I think it would be nice if she had some toy influence (if they're not doing the "polly pocket" pick your preference idea I've been throwing around).

For example, in the Style Guide her scale body looks shimmery/sparkly, so that could be painted metallic like her green tail was (most are silver now for some reason).

It would also be wicked awesome if the gave her a removeable belt in the same style as the toy and 2 necklaces. One teardrop one like Filmation and the fish one her toy has.

I wonder if she will have two heads? Her toy head is VERY different. She was packaged with a Lady Gaga type hairstyle (big knot on the top, left side of her head and one at the bottom right. It's sort of a "crooked pigtails" look).

Back card art:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Mermista's action figure was probably the biggest disappointment for me from the original line. I didn't like how her mermaid's tail looked bulky and 'unmermaidenly'...for lack of a better word. I'm really hoping that the MOTUC version comes with separate detachable legs.

As for all the She-Ra bashing, this is an old, tired story. Get over it boys! She-Ra was/is/always will be a part of MOTU whether you like it or not. Honestly, aren't we all old enough here to get past this 'too girlie' nonsense?!?! I guess this is a perfect example that age does not equal maturity.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I have a feeling they'll do the same thing with her legs as they do with King Hssss. Just give her a seperate fish tail to change out. I can't wait to see her!

The action feature isn't bad on the vintage. What are you expecting for the 80's?? She's a mermaid. She shoots water. It's ok.

Now that Filmation rights are on the table, for Mermista's legs and tail, which direction do you think they'll take with her? Will she have a silver belt around her waist as a mermaid, or will it be a seamless tail that extends to underneath her bust like Filmation?

Will she have the bathing suit cut bottoms and unique cut boots like the action figure, or will she have the seamless pants with the "Aquaman" fins on the back of her lower legs? Which do you prefer? I don't know which one I like better at this point.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I personally don't care. I just want a Mermista figure. Now that we have Queen Marlena, and Sorceress and Shadow Weaver are on the way, Mermista is my absolute most wanted figure.

Though, considering history, I think she'll mimic the style guide.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousOne View Post
    If they get around to her....what should we expect? She is my most anticipated figure of all...how will they handle her extra legs? or clothe fish tail....im confused.
    NotoriousOne, I would assume them taking the same approach they took with King Hssss. The top of Mermista's body will probably be detachable at her waist and she would come with both articulated legs as well as a mermaid tail. How they will do/articulate the tail is something I'm very interested and excited to see. Personally, I can't wait to get her.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    First give me all MotU Characters !!! After that they can come with She-Ra stuff, maybe iīll buy something if itīs not to girly
    Ok, Jim..I could not pass up this comment because it's absolutely rude. I am a fan of both MOTU and POP. It's obvious you could care less about POP, so please, why come into a discuission about Mermista. NotoriousOne asked about how will they approach Mermista and you go and bash the POP line. Not cool, dude. Really not cool and not appreciated at all. All fans want this line to succeed for many different reasons.

Mermista is one of my most wanted POP characters. I personally would like to see her made with a "seamless" tail into the top without the belt. I think without the belt she'll looks more like the tail is a real part of her body and not a costume. For her legs I'd like to see them done in the same color as her tail with no boots but a fin, as if her tail just separates into legs. Whatever way they make her I'll be happy, just make her.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    these are the characters i dread in motu.
    i'm a completest & will get her anyway but, mermista seems to much like a mermaid barbie to me it has to much of a little girls toy feel to it. thats how i feel.

The more I think about it, I kinda want the belt to be removable, like Fisto's belt or the belt with Adora & Queen Marlena. That way, those who want the action figure belt look can werq that look, and those who want it to look like the seamless Filmation fish tail can be happy too. If only they'd be wise enough to implement that solution...

So are most people hoping for the Filmation blue legs with the fins on the back of the lower legs?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm not much of a POP fan, but Mermista is one of my most wanted figures. Don't ask me why..
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

You know, I was thinking there are two ways they could get in both legs and tail fairly easy:

1 - Like King Hsss has two tops, she could have two bottoms. However, that doesn't give you a seamless tail like many seem to hope for.

2 - They could make interchangeable outfits like Queen Marlena, with the tail being like the dress, but her legs would fit entirely inside. Personally, I think this option would be best for a couple different reasons; we would get the seamless tail that runs from her chest down, and the tail would have a rubbery texture that might partially allow "articulation" through the enclosed legs. (Plus, I just think it might look nicer.)

Quote Originally Posted by raptor8x View Post
    You know, I was thinking there are two ways they could get in both legs and tail fairly easy:

1 - Like King Hsss has two tops, she could have two bottoms. However, that doesn't give you a seamless tail like many seem to hope for.

2 - They could make interchangeable outfits like Queen Marlena, with the tail being like the dress, but her legs would fit entirely inside. Personally, I think this option would be best for a couple different reasons; we would get the seamless tail that runs from her chest down, and the tail would have a rubbery texture that might partially allow "articulation" through the enclosed legs. (Plus, I just think it might look nicer.)
    Having the legs inside the tail makes the tail look to big and bulky like the vintage toy. What I'd really love to see is the tail be made like the SDCC Swamp Thing with a flexible skin over the articulation.

On the belt I agree with Kevenn it should be removable.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Having the legs inside the tail makes the tail look to big and bulky like the vintage toy. What I'd really love to see is the tail be made like the SDCC Swamp Thing with a flexible skin over the articulation.

On the belt I agree with Kevenn it should be removable.
    I really like this idea, SlaveEvil_Lyn, that would awesome! I really want her tail to have some articulation. I really want her to LOOK like a Mermaid...not just, oh, here, put this on..Oh now you are a mermaid. LOL.

It's true, having a tail "dress" put on will make her look waaaaay too bulky and less slim where her tail should be.

I agree with Kevenn's remark as well. It would be cool to have her belt removeable giving us the two options, Filmation look and toy.

To be honest, filmation and toy mermista weren't really that different, style wise. The only big difference was her shiny mermaid tail.

I really do hope she isn't too far away, but since she is considered one of the more obscure characters, I wouldn't be surprised if she IS farther than we all think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Detachable at the waist perhaps? (With a tail attachment)
    That makes the most sense to me. I can't wait until she gets done!

I made a mock-up of what I would like Mermista to look like in MOTUC. I really suck at recolouring, so I did it really quickly and it erased the details in her shell bra and tail fin. Sorry about that!

Here she is:

Filmation design
    Filmation ankle fins
    Toy colours
    Toy bracelets
    Toy belt
    Toy boots
    Toy alternate head
    Added scale detail on body
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Here's the thing as I see it - her legs should look like her fin since they're formed from her fin. The Filmation design achieves that through consistency of colour and the back of her legs staying finned (I actually read her as naked from the waist down throughout the She-Ra cartoon, in human as well as mermaid form, and she doesn't have human genitalia since she's a mermaid who only pretends to be human). The toy design... doesn't. It's a woman in boots, which is considerably less interesting - she should be just as inhuman as the likes of Buzz-Off or Clawful, yet beautiful with it.

And yes, that means any scale design they put on the tail should be replicated on her legs and lower torso. [There's actually hints of this in the right-hand styleguide images on pg1 of this thread.]

[PS: Aren't you the one who complains about "dull Filmation colours"? You sure turned the brightness dial down with those colours there ]
    Last edited by Reboot; September 10, 2011 at 09:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Here's the thing as I see it - her legs should look like her fin since they're formed from her fin. The Filmation design achieves that through consistency of colour and the back of her legs staying finned (I actually read her as naked from the waist down throughout the She-Ra cartoon, in human as well as mermaid form, and she doesn't have human genitalia since she's a mermaid who only pretends to be human). The toy design... doesn't. It's a woman in boots, which is considerably less interesting - she should be just as inhuman as the likes of Buzz-Off or Clawful, yet beautiful with it.

And yes, that means any scale design they put on the tail should be replicated on her legs and lower torso. [There's actually hints of this in the right-hand styleguide images on pg1 of this thread.]

[PS: Aren't you the one who complains about "dull Filmation colours"? You sure turned the brightness dial down with those colours there ]
    If they do the added scales (which they really should), we will not get the Filmation legs no matter what. The sole reason Mattel isn't making Mera (Mrs. Aquaman for those not in the know) is because she's basically 100% tool because of the scale design on her body and legs. The same would be true for Mermista if they did they Filmation legs. We wouldn't get them at all.

Plus, I think the Filmation "body suit" Mermista is very boring looking. I like her becoming human.

About the toy colours: in my opinion, they are much prettier and fit better with her character. Etheria/PoP is all about magical, mystical, beautiful places, people and creatures being taken over by dark, cold machinery and monsters.

The Filmation green on Mermista looks like gross sea weed...and having her hair and body being the same colour of water seems very bland. I had her shell bra and tail fin a lighter colour, but I made them a bit darker to match the bracelets Emiliano drew because they would be too much effort to recolour.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 10, 2011 at 10:03pm.

i LOVE that pic she would look cool like that but i would like her to be like king hsss with legs and pop off and a plastic tail pop on. and no swamp thing skin that stuff is already cracking and riping on some figs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    If they do the added scales (which they really should), we will not get the Filmation legs no matter what. The sole reason Mattel isn't making Mera (Mrs. Aquaman for those not in the know) is because she's basically 100% tool because of the scale design on her body and legs. The same would be true for Mermista if they did they Filmation legs.

Plus, I think the Filmation "body suit" Mermista is very boring looking.

About the toy colours: in my opinion, they are much prettier and fit better with her character. Etheria/PoP is all about magical, mystical, beautiful places, people and creatures being taken over by dark, cold machinery and monsters.

The Filmation green on Mermista looks like gross sea weed...and having her hair and body being the same colour of water seems very bland. I had her shell bra and tail fin a lighter colour, but I made them a bit darker to match the bracelets Emiliano drew because they would be too much effort to recolour.
    they are not doing Mera because that really can't reuse the buck BUT if they did it for Mermista they can reuse it for 2000x Armor Marlana and Snake women and it would be cool to see it on snake armor She-Ra so they can get a lot of figs out of that buck
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; September 10, 2011 at 10:03pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    If they do the added scales (which they really should), we will not get the Filmation legs no matter what. The sole reason Mattel isn't making Mera (Mrs. Aquaman for those not in the know) is because she's basically 100% tool because of the scale design on her body and legs. The same would be true for Mermista if they did they Filmation legs. We wouldn't get them at all.
    Well, let's see. She needs a new Hsss-style lower torso and pelvis no matter what to allow for the switching. She'll probably get new boots no matter what. The hands, upper arms & upper torso are "human" and can be reused from prior figures like BPSR.

So, basically the ONLY difference we're talking about are her thighs, which - since they'd be the same colour as the lower torso and lower legs and would be tooled at the same time - should be able to be included in the same mould, keeping costs down, yes?

Plus, I think the Filmation "body suit" Mermista is very boring looking. I like her becoming human.
    But she isn't, and that's something that should be accentuated, albeit without compromising the fact she's meant to be beautiful.

The Filmation green on Mermista looks like gross sea weed...
    ???

Okay, now you're just makin' stuff up!

...and having her hair and body being the same colour of water seems very bland
    Her hair and body are, uh, not a million miles away from those colours you so want on Frosta! [The contrast absent on toy-Frosta comes from the dark green, before you pick me up on that - toy-Frosta's trying to contrast pale blue with white! ]

Last edited by Reboot; September 10, 2011 at 10:21pm.

Well, let's see. She needs a new Hsss-style lower torso and pelvis no matter what to allow for the switching. She'll probably get new boots no matter what. The hands, upper arms & upper torso are "human" and can be reused from prior figures like BPSR.

So, basically the ONLY difference we're talking about are her thighs, which - since they'd be the same colour as the lower torso and lower legs and would be tooled at the same time - should be able to be included in the same mould, keeping costs down, yes?
    Much more parts. Mermista's mermaid tail will probably be completely bendy, like King Hiss' snake form. That's 1 piece.

Her human legs would be re-used thighs, shins and feet. New pieces: upper boots and bathing suit bottom (3 pieces...5 if they make the fin shoes which aren't a necessity).

The Filmation legs new parts: thighs, shins, boots, feet (7 pieces).

But she isn't, and that's something that should be accentuated, albeit without compromising the fact she's meant to be beautiful.
    Her Filmation "human" form is all the same colour which is VERY boring and bland, in my opinion and is MUCH more costly to make.

Okay, now you're just makin' stuff up!

Her hair and body are, uh, not a million miles away from those colours you so want on Frosta! [The contrast absent on toy-Frosta comes from the dark green, before you pick me up on that - toy-Frosta's trying to contrast pale blue with white! ]

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...rmistaLegs.jpg
    I was talking about the Styleguide image. Regardless, I stand by my opinion on loving the Toy colours which look more tropical paradise...where mermaids are from.

By the way, thanks for posting that image of Filmation "human" Mermista. It looks more like pajamas.

EDIT:

I altered the shell bra, tail fin and bracelets to the original colour I had. Also, I coloured the boots the darker aqua colour. IF they do my human legs idea with the fin "shoes" (or if they add them to the feet), they would look better in that colour. If they just make them boots, they should be entirely the lighter colour.

Also, I would LOVE it if they could give her body a metallic paint job...kind of like how they used the metallic blue paint on Trap-Jaw.

Metallic aqua, like this nail polish.

Last edited by Darkspecter; September 11, 2011 at 03:34am.

I would not be surprised to see them use the Shadow Weaver pelvis (obviously with the bat changed). It could be used with the Lower fish tail so that the tail can bend.

Then she could have separate legs (with the attachment made like King Hssss).
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    I also hope that they put an alternat tail as an accessory in with her. Besides they did the alternate top half for King Hsss and he was able to get his staff as well. So I agree with the thought that perhaps they can re-use Shadow Weave'rs lower half with some tweaking to make it into her tail and still give her a kewl sea inspired weapon.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

you know for mermista the 1.0 buck may work best then her bodysuit for both tail and legs would be seamless

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041