Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mermista Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    The original mermista came with the shell you filled with water plugged into her back and could shoot water out of a tiny hole in her necklace.

I love the shell/shield...

But the more I think of it I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a fish or weird etheria pet!!

Now that there is a break for the Cyber Monday sale...

MERMISTA.MERMISTA.MERMISTA.MERMISTA.MERMISTA.MERMI STA.MERMISAT

I feel better about it!

A 4HORSEMEN MERMAID...THINK ABOUT...IT WOULD BE SWEET!

Bump! Bump! Bump!
    Shell Shield = yes

Pet = no

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Shell Shield = yes

Pet = no
    I'll comprimise with you....

BOTH!

WE NEED MERMISTA!!!!
    MERMISTA NEEDS TO BE THE NEXT POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A 4H MERMAID!
    Remember we want the king hiss torso change (tail & legs) and the shadow weaver articulated tail with possible fin articulation!!!!
    She needs her shell shield & etherian pet!!!
    WE NEED HER NOW!!!!
    MERMISTA
    MERMISTA

mermista mermista mermista
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; January 13, 2012 at 07:08pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Although I'm not a big POP fan, I have always loved Mermaids. I'm looking forward to getting Mermista and I'm hoping for a detachable waist with her humanoid legs as accessories.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Although I'm not a big POP fan, I have always loved Mermaids. I'm looking forward to getting Mermista and I'm hoping for a detachable waist with her humanoid legs as accessories.
    Awesome!

Fight the stigma of POP girls!!! She is a Mermaid...a mermaid in the MOTUC line would be SWEET!!!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

The idea with Shadow Weavers body isnīt that bad actually.

I would love to see her come with two bodies instead of two pair of legs, like suggested.

But she would need another point of articulation to bend her knee area so she can sit. I like the Filmation design that her upper body and her tail are one piece. The toy version was fun to play with as a kid. But now as an adult i really think a girl in a bathingsuit who straps on a shiny tube with a fin on the end is not enough.

I want her to me stunning and i have a lot of faith in the FOUR HORSEMEN (no matter how many there are these days!?).

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

I hope they stay asymmetrical with the armor design like the toy vs. the symmetrical look of the sea shells like the style guide and toon.
    i'd love a motuc mermista inspired from this artwork: the asymmetrical design is really eye-catching,
    and the skirt as a separate piece would allow her not to be naked neither in human nor in marine form.

maybe the fishtail/ankle fin thing could be managed this way (well, more or less):

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I love Mermista. (or Queen's Pawn if you will)

I am very conflicted with the thought of animal faces though.
    ...why is she not like Merman?? ..or SweetBee like BuzzOff??

Her (possibly Hungarian) accent in the show was truely sexyful.

I also didnt think of any lines or dialogue for the mercreatures in my movie storyboards.
    (possibly because their involvment is straight forward, or because I don't think anything could talk underwater)

..but I'm perfectly ok with BattleCat and SwiftWind talking.

;; Under the Sea! Life is much better, down where it's wetter, take it from me! ;;

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    I love Mermista. (or Queen's Pawn if you will)

I am very conflicted with the thought of animal faces though.
    ...why is she not like Merman?? ..or SweetBee like BuzzOff??

Her (possibly Hungarian) accent in the show was truely sexyful.

I also didnt think of any lines or dialogue for the mercreatures in my movie storyboards.
    (possibly because their involvment is straight forward, or because I don't think anything could talk underwater)

..but I'm perfectly ok with BattleCat and SwiftWind talking.

;; Under the Sea! Life is much better, down where it's wetter, take it from me! ;;
    They are different species.
    Even humans , on the same planet, don't look exactly alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    i'd love a motuc mermista inspired from this artwork: the asymmetrical design is really eye-catching,
    and the skirt as a separate piece would allow her not to be naked neither in human nor in marine form.

maybe the fishtail/ankle fin thing could be managed this way (well, more or less):
    http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3...rmaid03.th.jpg

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5413/besx3b.th.jpg
    I like this idea...but fear the result in Mattel's hands...Asian toys are much better in terms of articulation & QC...dont know how well that would transpond into Mattel doing the same thing.
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; January 18, 2012 at 04:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar

I like this idea...but fear the result in Mattel's hands...Asian toys are much better in terms of articulation & QC...dont know how well that would transpond into Mattel doing the same thing.
    well, you're right, actually...maybe just swappable fin parts could do the trick, as well.

I am hoping for a stand or clip or something that will allow for her to be displayed with her tail.

I would LOVE two bodies but I think that is a bit too much to ask for the POP figure inclusion.

I'd prefer the limited articulation in favor of a better sculpt of the tail. One articulation is better than too many that may reduce the quality of sculpt. In the end, just as long as we don't get some plastic or cloth wrap!!!

I just hope she gets made and is done well. I think she really would be an interesting incorporation to the MOTUC line!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

In the end, just as long as we don't get some plastic or cloth wrap!!!
    The burrito, as oulala puts it. heheh

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The burrito, as oulala puts it. heheh
    Noooooo no burritos!!!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I am hoping for a stand or clip or something that will allow for her to be displayed with her tail.

I would LOVE two bodies but I think that is a bit too much to ask for the POP figure inclusion.

I'd prefer the limited articulation in favor of a better sculpt of the tail. One articulation is better than too many that may reduce the quality of sculpt. In the end, just as long as we don't get some plastic or cloth wrap!!!

I just hope she gets made and is done well. I think she really would be an interesting incorporation to the MOTUC line!
    I agree, I think she needs to be able to be displayed properly with her tail.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'd take Mermista over any PoP (even Glimmer, etc.), she's the one PoP fig I always wanted in vintage and never got.

I'd like to see her done with dual legs like the new version of Slave Leia - two sets of legs, one to be lounging as a Mermaid and one standing up.

I'm hoping she becomes an SDCC item so they can really deluxe her out. Then again, they did two heads and two arms for Trap Jaw - I can't think of too many accessories she needs besides two sets of legs. Plus then most of us would buy two figs.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Personally, I'd take Mermista over any PoP (even Glimmer, etc.), she's the one PoP fig I always wanted in vintage and never got.

I'd like to see her done with dual legs like the new version of Slave Leia - two sets of legs, one to be lounging as a Mermaid and one standing up.

I'm hoping she becomes an SDCC item so they can really deluxe her out. Then again, they did two heads and two arms for Trap Jaw - I can't think of too many accessories she needs besides two sets of legs. Plus then most of us would buy two figs.
    So yea...you just got crazy cool points in my book!!!!

I know how you feel...I never had vintage Mermista and just got one about 3 months ago. Even with that dumb cloth skirt & bowed legs!

How flippin cool would an SDCC Mermista be!!!!! I just...words...can't put it into!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Still holding out hope that we get our favorite mermaid with the french accent
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Adora View Post
    Still holding out hope that we get our favorite mermaid with the french accent
    Keep on keepin' on!!!

I am too!!!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Personally, I'd take Mermista over any PoP (even Glimmer, etc.)
    Totally. Personally, I think Glimmer & Frosta are both pretty boring designs. Octavia & Scorpia & Flutterina are more visually interesting than those two.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Totally. Personally, I think Glimmer & Frosta are both pretty boring designs. Octavia & Scorpia & Flutterina are more visually interesting than those two.
    I've always had a "thing" for creature/human characters. Even Angela with her wings! Def. Scorpia & Octavia...Peekablue is a good example too!

In He-Man it's beast-man, mer-man, webstor, buzz-off, stratos, etc. etc. etc.
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    If I have had one criticism of the 4H, it's that their female sculpts are somewhat deficient in the posterior.

As Eamon already pointed out in one of the Roast Gooble episodes, Mermista was depicted with a very ample backside. She was the J-Lo of PoP. I hope she's not flat like Classics Teela or Adora.

Mermista1.jpgMermista2.jpgMermista3.jpgMermista4.jpg
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

mermista mermista mermista

J-Lo = Mermista...Mermista = J-Lo

That 3rd Picture is PERFECT!!!!! It shows we really do need 2 point of articulation in her tail to really get the BEST positions out of her (Shadow Wevaer pelvic joint, and "tail knee" joint)!!!! We get diving, sitting, and swimming poses with just 2 points!!!

So what does everyone think about the human legs though!!??

I was thinking Filmation...but I am really thinking Vintage Toy would really look the best. I am nervous about the all blue leg filmation leg and how well it would really play out on the MOTUC line. I am thinking the Toy look on her human legs would give us some flesh colored thigh with a blue, rather than green boot. But then I think...her legs are blue and her tail is blue and so it makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Eh? That's her FIN (split in two when her tail splits) on her heels, nothing algal!
    See this is what I am saying!!

But the vintage toy leg had a GREAT look to it!!!
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; February 20, 2012 at 12:17am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Okay...Stratos*Major suggested it might be good for me to submit my artwork to this tread so here it is. I've put both the line art & the colored version in the one file so I don't have to do 2 separate ones. For the record I love Mermista in both her mermaid & human form. Her Mattel doll coloring & Filmation toon coloring are in my opinion just right for an aquatic being. Her coloring suggests she has the added advantage of camouflage in the ocean. As for any Motuc figure well...what I visualize is perhaps not workable. But one thing that I really hate with all these new figures...as much as I love the fact that their joints & body parts are move-able & able to be posed in several ways...I really HATE the sculpted painted on hair. I prefer my figures & dolls with rooted hair even if it is only nylon filament. I would have loved to have splashed out & bought myself the She-Ra figure but when I saw the sculpted hair, well I thought better of it. The same is true of Swiftwind. Love the character wanted the figure but was dismayed when mane & tail were simply sculpted & painted.

My ideal Mermista figure would combine traits of both the Motuc figures & the (don't be quick to scoff, here) Barbie dolls. In my mind: rooted hair, articulated arms & legs with move-able hands & feet, detachable lower body that can be switched to a mermaid tail & the mermaid tail fins should be made from that floppy pvc stuff that fishing lures(fake live bait) are made from, that would give the fins the fluidity they deserve...all these would make my perfect Mermista And if you've seen the Barbie mermaids that actually "swim", you'll know that a simple internal pulley with external button (preferably small or in the form of a sculpted dorsal fin so it doesn't look ugly) would make the tail half move as though it was bending at the knee. The way you would swim with a monofin mermaid-style. But the human lower half of the body is truly fine the way Filmation designed her. It's a shame that we don't get to see more of her in full length human form during those scenes when she is out of the water but for those who feel the few full body shots there are, are simply too small to behold & admire, I've drawn her in her cartoon human form here http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/#/d4p6l7e

And just for fun because I like to draw my favorite figure in various poses, I drew Mermista the way I thought she should have been seen in the final pan shot scene of the He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special when everyone is celebrating Christmas/Adam & Adora's birthday. Am I the only one who thought that it was odd to see Mermista in mermaid form out of the water & on Eternia no less...? Anyway without further ado...
    Mermista seated_legs(1).png
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

@Cosmic Falcon

It's a great idea!

I've decided that I am down for vintage toy or Filmation legs. I do think if they go the Filmation route they should do it JUST AS Cosmic has it illustrated. The fins sprouting from the ankle & wrapping around are PERFECT!

I hope we find out!!!!!!!!

MERMISTA IN TOP 20

GO GO MIGHTY MERMAID!!!!!

I think this is THE BEST news I have read on HE-MAN.ORG!!

Where's all the people who voted for this AWESOME WOMAN/FISH!!!!
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; March 17, 2012 at 12:59am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

An SDCC Mermista would be amazing. She needs two sets of lets and the shell and the shield for sure. A giant shell base (modeled after one of the shells from crystal falls) for her to sit on in mermaid form would be nice too. It would be a little awkward having her just sitting on the shelf in front of everyone. Give her Loo-Kee too to make it really special.

She will really need lots of new tooling so its a good thing so many people seem to want her (or multiples of her). I think she could be a great monthly figure too if they devoted as much to her as they did to King Hiss but I dont know how likely that is. If they had to lose the shell and shield to make it work, I wouldnt be upset. We could always get the shield in an accessory pack.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    An SDCC Mermista would be amazing. She needs two sets of lets and the shell and the shield for sure. A giant shell base (modeled after one of the shells from crystal falls) for her to sit on in mermaid form would be nice too. It would be a little awkward having her just sitting on the shelf in front of everyone. Give her Loo-Kee too to make it really special.

She will really need lots of new tooling so its a good thing so many people seem to want her (or multiples of her). I think she could be a great monthly figure too if they devoted as much to her as they did to King Hiss but I dont know how likely that is. If they had to lose the shell and shield to make it work, I wouldnt be upset. We could always get the shield in an accessory pack.
    I agree! I have to say that I like this idea a lot. The shell would be a cool "pack in" and would make sense.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora