Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU classic Savage He-man?

MOTU classic Savage He-man?

Hey, aren't we all forgettin' this pain in the @§§ ( for Mattel historical researcher) piece of history action-figured sensation?
    I want it! I want a MOTU classic Savage He-man! Someone else out there share my savage wish?
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovrò pur campare...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danbrenus View Post
    Hey, aren't we all forgettin' this pain in the @§§ ( for Mattel historical researcher) piece of history action-figured sensation?
    I want it! I want a MOTU classic Savage He-man! Someone else out there share my savage wish?
    I want to see that too...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I can certainly see the appeal, but I personally don't want one. I don't really have a need for a He-Man with brown hair. I still don't understand why he had it on the original figure to begin with.

I think it should be a variant included for the people that order the 10 limit of He-Man. I'm sure most wont agree, but that will guarantee a sell out, and with the legendary status of this variation it needs to be a hard one to get this time around as well.

I disagree. Why make it rare and difficult to find all over again? What purpose would that serve?

I think he should be a con exclusive. He's desirable, but he's not a must-have like Faker, so he'd still sell without screwing over all the people that can't get to a comic con. Plus, he's a straight repaint, so he fits the exclusive mold.

Quote Originally Posted by fatman View Post
    I hate the con exclusives. They have to make it fair to the rest of us that dosnt live in the US. Like give it to con first, then supply it at matty collector.

h
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Do it the way they're doing the other con figures; first at the con, then at MattyCollector.com. Like I said, he's desirable, but he's not as popular as a Faker or even a King Grayskull, so there would be plenty left for the web site.

I hope they ONLY do it if they offer him along-side another figure one month. I don't want him enough to take up a monthly slot or an exclusive figure slot. It would be cool for them to offer him with Faker since we're getting shorted one figure due to Mer-Man's lateness.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    I think it should be a variant included for the people that order the 10 limit of He-Man. I'm sure most wont agree, but that will guarantee a sell out, and with the legendary status of this variation it needs to be a hard one to get this time around as well.
    that would lead to a lot of re-selling. If Mattel wanted this, well, I would probable actually buy and re-sell a 10-pack to get him, BUT I'd like to get more than one, so... no! I'm definitely against this idea!!

Con exclusive all the way - with a limited supply on MattyCollector.com: limited, but enough not to sell out in a couple of hours when limited to 2 or 3 per household...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I disagree. Why make it rare and difficult to find all over again? What purpose would that serve?
    It's called collecting. Collecting shouldn't involve just having stuff handed to you. I enjoy the hunt. I like people to look at my collection and say wow you have that I don't, you must have put some work into get that.

I'm sure I'm the only one here that enjoyed getting in my car every weekend and hunting down the 200x line, or trying to trade for the ones online that didn't come out in my country.

I guess it all depends on what kind of person you are. I like to have things that I deem special that not everyone can obtain so easily, right down to my clothes and shoes. I get most of my shoes and clothes from Japan or other places online so I wont have what everyone else in my area has.

I'm a collector.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm a collector too and I hate to hunt. You waste gas and time searching for stuff that shouldn't BE hard to get in the first place. Yes, it feels damn good to finally find some ultra hard to find character after a long exhaustive search, but it feels even better if I go to the local store and actually see what I'm after with no fuss, no struggle.

And I thought we were talking about the barefoot barbarian He-Man from the He-Man and the Power Sword mini-comic. I pass on Savage He-Man.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I want a Savage He-Man soooo much, he's become legend and to do one in this line would be spectacular.

xBBestx, I agree with your description of a collector and the hunt is thrilling but like MegaGearMax, I just want to find them already sometimes. I guess I have a little of both of you in me.

I want this figure made....

BECAUSE.

Then they have to give a description of the figure on the back card so we might get the truth to the orgin of the original Savage HM.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Mattel and Wonder Bread have both already said they don't know the origin of the figure. If they made it it would probably just be called Savage He-Man (or even just left as simply He-Man), and not have any story about the origin of the figure, since no one knows the true story.

Sign me up for Savage as well! I agree that he should be a con-exclusive, or even exclusive to the .Org! Either way, extras should be available at Matty afterward (I guess that would probably negate the .Org exclusivity, but onward...) so others can order one.

And I also want Mega Gear Max's idea of the original, barefoot, barbarian He-Man, but only further down the line. That would be a nifty release.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm a collector too and I hate to hunt. You waste gas and time searching for stuff that shouldn't BE hard to get in the first place. Yes, it feels damn good to finally find some ultra hard to find character after a long exhaustive search, but it feels even better if I go to the local store and actually see what I'm after with no fuss, no struggle.

And I thought we were talking about the barefoot barbarian He-Man from the He-Man and the Power Sword mini-comic. I pass on Savage He-Man.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    It's called collecting. Collecting shouldn't involve just having stuff handed to you. I enjoy the hunt. I like people to look at my collection and say wow you have that I don't, you must have put some work into get that.

I'm sure I'm the only one here that enjoyed getting in my car every weekend and hunting down the 200x line, or trying to trade for the ones online that didn't come out in my country.

I guess it all depends on what kind of person you are. I like to have things that I deem special that not everyone can obtain so easily, right down to my clothes and shoes. I get most of my shoes and clothes from Japan or other places online so I wont have what everyone else in my area has.

I'm a collector.
    I, too, am a collector. There are lots of ways to define it. Having tons of extra cash to buy the readily available but expensive items isn't a qualifying factor.

Anyway, what if you're the one who's saying to somebody else, "Wow, you have that. I don't."? If you can put yourself in their shoes, you should try it. If you had relatively no shot at getting a figure like some people wouldn't with a 10-figure order, would you still be pulling for that?

There are lots of fans who don't have the same luxury of being able to fill out their collection because of plenty of disposable income. Leaving them out in the cold, especially with an ultra rare figure they couldn't get before, wouldn't be very well received.

rare items nowadays are just a marketing strategy that many collectors support and even demand while a lot of other collectors really reject the idea. everybody got an opinion, no chance to get someone to make-up his mind. so why bother arguing over it every once and again??

collecting per se is only defined by gathering a number of related pieces together aiming for some kind of completion - which doesn't necessarily mean every released item or variant is included. It can also mean that someone collects only his favorite characters or different versions of only one character etc. Every collector defines himself what structure he/she puts into his/her active collecting. Noone is any more or any less a collector just depending on what he/she can afford. seriously! absolutely not! You can only say someone is not actively collecting anymore once he/she stopped looking for knew items, this person then still is a collector - just not actively extending his collection any more.

Just my 5 cents...

Cheers! ^^
    edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I have no interest in the Savage/WB He-Man. For those of you who want him, that's great and if he is released, I hope he is a con exclusive (with option to buy at MattyCollector afterwards). If he's a normal release, i just won't buy that month. We all have that option if we want a certain figure or not. Clearly there are a number of people who want this version of He-Man.

Hard to be a completist when I didn't get a Bronze King Grayskull or the Spirit of Grayskull figures
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Yes to savage he-man!!!

Savage He-Man all the way for me!!! Call him whatever! Dont care! I would love to see a Savage He-Man made!!!

LUKE
    LOFFTAP TOYS

Savage He-Man is legendary, so yes, I think they should eventually make him. He's not one of my faves (even though I regularly follow the WB He-Man threads), but I'll still get him.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I think it would be awesome if Mattel offered him for the toyline subscribers. Let's say, you subscribe (means: preorder) one year's worth of figures. Then, Mattel gives you the additional "exclusive" chance to order Savage He-Man for 10 oder 15 bucks. The figure features only two maroon weapons (that the Horsemen have sculpted already for upcoming regular figures anyway), comes in a baggie (which means saving costs on the packaging) and gets sent to you next time along with the regular figure of that month.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Can someone photoshop a MOTUC He-Man and make him into a WB/Savage He-Man?
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy One!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    hears my $20

So too me He really would be a great figure to have there is so much fun one can have with the brown haired He-man. I mean he can be the real flesh like Faker. And I have other ideas but I cant give away all my secrets.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone