Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.8!

I definitely hope Teela is curvy and strong looking.

I actually think Big Barda isn't a bad jumping-off point, and just make it slimmer by degrees from there.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Not bad, I think that's definitely in the ballpark of what we'll see for the MOTUC women, proportions-wise, but I bet the 4H's will be less cartoony, and a little sexier.

Ugh! That Big Barda figure is ugly man!

I think she will be more like a less leaner version of the Giganta figure!
    I can only hope that the Teela head sculpt is as good as this.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=600&start=0
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Just so you know, that isn't Mattel's Barda figure.
    That's Barda from DC Direct, specifically the one from the Jack Kirby series.
    And I must say I love how those figures looks like Kirby's art!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Just so you know, that isn't Mattel's Barda figure.
    That's Barda from DC Direct, specifically the one from the Jack Kirby series.
    And I must say I love how those figures looks like Kirby's art!
    Ah! The ones you were after at SDCC?!
    I'd be interested to see the others from the that range as Barda ain't doing it for me!
    www.eamonart.com

But remember, these MOTUC figures sport the more "chunky" feel like the Classic toys, so I doubt the women will be anywhere near as lean as the Mattel Giganta, which is why the Kirby one feels closer.

And no doubt the 4H (well, usually Eric does the female head sculpting iirc) will give the ladies beautiful head sculpts but I just hope Mattel will translate them accurately, which is usually more the problem.

Sculpting these figures at 1:1 scale might help, less warpage in the molding maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    But remember, these MOTUC figures sport the more "chunky" feel like the Classic toys, so I doubt the women will be anywhere near as lean as the Mattel Giganta, which is why the Kirby one feels closer.

And no doubt the 4H (well, usually Eric does the female head sculpting iirc) will give the ladies beautiful head sculpts but I just hope Mattel will translate them accurately, which is usually more the problem.

Sculpting these figures at 1:1 scale might help, less warpage in the molding maybe.

These figures are sculpted at 1:1!

I reckon that these will more like Giganta than Barda. The reason I say this is because the 80's cardback Teela has very long legs and very feminine and I hope she will be in the same sorta stance.

It's fun speculating ain't it?!
    We should hopefully find out soon enough who's right and who wrong!
    www.eamonart.com

I think the answer will be somewhere in the middle. I hope so, at least. I wasn't putting Barda up there to say it should look JUST like her, but just that I think starting there and slimming is better then starting thin and building up. I really can't wait to see what 4H does with it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    As for Teela's (and Adam's) age, in the Filmation series, for some reason I always thought they were in their early 20's. 21 or 22. That was just my take though. I never had any evidence to clarify their proper ages.
    Old timers correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it pretty well establish Teela and Adam as 20 in the episode that first introduced Marzo? Brain's a little fuzzy today, but I'm sure that's where I got a near definite timeline.

Teela first year: Bravo!!!
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Swords with the comb-like attributes sounds interesting. I would hope that She-Ra would actually come with a power sword like He-Man's with the jewel in it, but the other characters could come with swords that resembled the sword She-Ra's figure had - or swords that have handles that mimicked the curve on the end of the handles of the combs that came with the original figures.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    These figures are sculpted at 1:1!
    I know, that's why I said that.

I reckon that these will more like Giganta than Barda. The reason I say this is because the 80's cardback Teela has very long legs and very feminine and I hope she will be in the same sorta stance.
    That's a good point, the cardback art isn't squat and chunky like the figure.
    And I don't know about how much FUN this all is, more like kind of nerve-wracking . . . I want these figures yesterday!

My bad!
    www.eamonart.com

He got all the answers right!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

6. Since POP figures will not have rooted hair, that means they won't need to come with a comb like with the classic POP figures. Does this mean they could have another weapon to go along with the shield that many classic POP characters had?
    It is quite possible. We will look to include as many accessories as make sense for all of the Classics figures. But yes, it is likely a comb will not be included and more likely we will indeed to shields and other weapons. Maybe even a sword that is comb-like as an homage!

So...real rooted hair on the figures would be dumb...but "comb-like swords" for plastic hair makes sense?

Don't worry, I'm not taking this too seriously. He's clearly responding in that "Well, since She-Ra's still just a hypothetical for the time being, I imagine we could also dip her in chocolate and have her sing Christina Aguilera tunes" sort of way.

One of the Q&A's mentioned the future possibility of vehicles (though not any time soon). Of all known vehicles, I'd be most excited about a MULTIPLE PASSENGER WINDRAIDER!!!