Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Trouble in Little China.

I love this film as its one of my favorites.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRock View Post
    My wife loved this film. That's why I asked her to marry me.
    Mine too, although I did not ask her to marry me because of this. But then, she was in the Marines for a while, so she's sort of an action hero herself. (Well, more than me anyway because I was never in the service at all.)
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Lo Pan Style!

I'm a huge BTILC fan! Here's an awesome Gangnam Style/BTILC mash up... AMAZING!
    The lyrics are fantastic and they got James Hong to be involved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    I'm a huge BTILC fan! Here's an awesome Gangnam Style/BTILC mash up... AMAZING!
    The lyrics are fantastic and they got James Hong to be involved!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xiAbDkXDgg
    love this vid, downloaded it to keep it.. so awesome. Such a huge fan of the old Movie.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I love this movie as well.

I love this movie.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

This is a great movie, one of my more quoted films. I got to meet John Carpenter a couple years ago & still kick myself for having him sign a Halloween poster intstead of BTILC. I mean have you guys seen the music video he did? Classic.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I have never seen it. but that guy had to have been the inspiration for Raiden from Mortal Kombat right??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I have never seen it. but that guy had to have been the inspiration for Raiden from Mortal Kombat right??

It had to of been and have always thought that myself, but never actually cared enough to really look in to it. Shang Tsung always seemed to be a knock off of Lo Pan as well with the whole old man using life force to alter his appearance to stay young sorta thing.

Lots of influence from BTLC incorporated in to Mortal Combat if you really look at the two.

I watched this movie last night for the first time in my life and though it was alright. I'm sure I would've loved it if I saw it as a kid, but now it was hard to find a proper mindset to get totally into the movie.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior

Question about Big Trouble in Little China

Who else thought Thunder looked like a garbage pail kid when he was gonna blow up?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Oh wow! He totally did. That scene always freaked me out as a kid.

I always liked Rain the most. I love the Three Storms!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Lightning was my favorite...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I affectionately refer to Lightning as "Lampshade Man."

I have some hope that, with characters like Snake Plissken in the Funko line that we could actually get some figures from this. Seems a perfect fit for the 4" line, though some nice, detailed 6" figures would be fantastic. I think most of the characters are pretty toyetic, with a pretty distinct look to them, even Jack. Such a good, fun movie should be immortalized in plastic...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

This is one of those licenses that I always hope that NECA will snag. I love this movie so, so much. It's just so much fun, has great music, great lines, awesome SFX, and some really fantastic camera work.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"