Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Appreciation Thread

Heroic Warrior

Super7 Appreciation Thread

All the amplified bashing that goes on in the internet can make people feel defeated. That nothing they do is never good enough or appreciated.

I thought I’d start this thread to let Brian and S7 know that their efforts in delivering us more of the Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull adult collectors figures is genuinely appreciated despite the loud voices of negativity

That we appreciate them being willing to pick up the license and carry it forward when it seemed the end was at hand for both lines

That we appreciate them including the Four Horsemen as sculptors when they could have brought in less talented sculptors

Appreciate Brian’s communicating to the community regarding updates and goingbthe extra mile by postponing the release of the figures until modifications could be made. As well as taking the time to actually travel to the factory in China. Even sharing pics. Access like that no other company I’m Aware of does.

So don’t let all the negativity wear your enthusiasm for these lines down

please release accurate Filmation of-- Fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , moss man, icer , buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, mekaneck, stratos ram man, frosta, bow, shadow weaver, catra, catra frosta, panther form ,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I couldn't agree more.

Not to plug, but simply to refer to my little figure critique posts in progress (yon and yon), in which I try to give honest, objective, critiques of their Wave 1 CC figures.

In which it should be obvious, how overall, I am very, very pleased with Super7's execution of these figs, and I do not hold back in explaining exactly why, where and how much I appreciate their work. Of course, alongside my well-meant, constructive criticisms (also in detail of why, where and how), which are, in total, eclipsed by the good on display with CC, imo, so far!

With these CC figures now in-hand, I can honestly say in evaluation of their execution (with a scrutinizing eye, heh) that, as a MOTUC collector, my passion for the line is refreshed and renewed. Bring on Wave 2. And 3, and 4 and ... keep 'em coming, Super7!

Last edited by The Timeless One; February 27, 2018 at 11:07pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

I am glad that Super7 picked up MOTUC. More so the Club Grayskull line. I hope they continue until we get a Full Cast of Heroic Warriors and Evil Henchman. I prefer the FILMation look over the stylized, but I do appreciate them taking on and continuing it. Are they perfect, No, but neither was the SDCC King Grayskull. Their was QC issues with him and the line from the Start. But the quality got better as it went on. Just give it time.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Heroic Warrior
    Criticism where it's due, like the issue with Tri-Klop's visor not turning is fine, IMO.

But people are seriously acting like everything Mattel sent us was perfect with no flaws what-so-ever, apparently forgetting that they NEVER offered to try and fix ANYTHING after a figure was shown in package and that Super7 is a much smaller company than Mattel was in terms of manpower and resources.

I understand why people are disappointed in some aspects of the first official waves, but if it weren't for Super7, they wouldn't have anything to complain ABOUT because MOTUC and CG would have died when Mattel stopped making the figures.

I appreciate what they've done with the line and hopefully will continue to do as I've sorely missed those cardboard box shipments with the names of the figures on them.

Any issues with QC will likely be ironed out as the process goes along as Val has said more than once.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Hopefully they keep things going, but for a multitude of reasons I think that they should at the least, cut production in half from what they're doing now. Meaning, don't do more then four figures per Pre-Order period. Not only will that allow more people to buy in as it's simply a cheaper upfront cost, but it gives them less to worry about at any particular time and more focus can go in to getting things right on a smaller amount of SKUS.

I know that may not be what they we're looking for, but it seems clear that they've apparently bitten off more that they can chew on this. I personally have no problem with that as it's to be expected, but live, learn and adapt. There's A LOT that goes in to all this and that's putting it lightly. Get the factory in tune to what's expected. Smaller amount of product enables you to spend more time ironing it all out, etc.

Once that happens, they'll get more adapt on tinkering this and that until it's right, but just don't risk so much of it at once. It's just too much on their plate. Hopefully they don't discouraged too much as I can only imagine how daunting all of this is, especially being new at. Baby steps is the way to go here. Mattel wasn't built over night, so they shouldn't think that they need to be either.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Hopefully they keep things going, but for a multitude of reasons I think that they should at the least, cut production in half from what they're doing now. Meaning, don't do more then four figures per Pre-Order period. Not only will that allow more people to buy in as it's simply a cheaper upfront cost, but it gives them less to worry about at any particular time and more focus can go in to getting things right on a smaller amount of SKUS.

I know that may not be what they we're looking for, but it seems clear that they've apparently bitten off more that they can chew on this. I personally have no problem with that as it's to be expected, but live, learn and adapt. There's A LOT that goes in to all this and that's putting it lightly. Get the factory in tune to what's expected. Smaller amount of product enables you to spend more time ironing it all out, etc.

Once that happens, they'll get more adapt on tinkering this and that until it's right, but just don't risk so much of it at once. It's just too much on their plate. Hopefully they don't discouraged too much as I can only imagine how daunting all of this is, especially being new at. Baby steps is the way to go here. Mattel wasn't built over night, so they shouldn't think that they need to be either.
    Actually, Brian has stated that is how he wants things to run once things are smoothed out. He's mentioned having 4 waves per year, 2 for Collector's Choice, 2 for Club Grayskull, and having them once a quarter. They may in fact start that with the next revealed wave. Although, I will say it was awesome to get 8 figures at once.

I am quite happy with my figures, but have cut down my time on here, including posting comments, due to atmosphere some have created. It brings me down, so just not looking at it or participating in it has been my only recourse. Which is unfortunate, because I love interacting with other MOTU fans (my only place to do so, really), but not like this.

I'm very pleased with my figures. Once I repainted Tri-Klops, he was perfection to me. Absolutely spot-on to the Filmation likeness, which is really the first time I have felt that way for any of the Club Grayskull figures. I'm also elated to have Quakke to add to the Space Mutants, and hope he can get some buddies and rivals in future waves.

All the worry about how these might turn out was overshadowed when I actually had them in hand and saw how great they were. Thanks Super7, and may you continue to do this for a long time!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

man... toy collectors are funny...

but in the end... they are toys... here to make us happy..not stress us out... there's a whole world out there full of stress... toys should be the escape...

we are here for funzies'

Thanks super 7!!!! you guys ROCK!
    White jays, white horse , white wrist , white Porsche -

Brian and Super7 team and Four Horsemen, BIG THANKS.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I have stated from day one how much I appreciate that Super7 has take over the MOTUC’s line.
    I fully understand that Super7 has never made action figures like these before and that there will be hiccups along the way as they get better with the design and get closer and closer to the type of plastic the Mattel factory used. Yes wave one had it’s share of quality control issues but Brian Flynn is a stand up guy who is interested in making us the best figures possible. I’m quite sure he will address the quality control issues that should have been avoided with their China factory’s owner to make sure these are not repeated.

I support Super7 100% I want them to succeed and I want MOTUC’s to continue.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I want to post my appreciation to their Customer service team - no names given on the emails, but they were really fast in responding to my query and really helpful when I wanted to add individual figures to my Wave 2 order this week, updating email address details and chasing shipping notice for Wave 1. Emails were quick, clear, polite and professional - They are clearly not Digital River!!.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I really enjoy this company!

First of all, I'm glad they took on the challenge of continuing Classics. Between the first two waves, I'm getting some of my most wanted figures. I thought the Ultimates were amazing as well (Ultimate Teela, IMO, blows the original release out of the water).

I've also been a huge fan of, and a buyer of, things like the MOTU tumbler glasses, all of the MOTUscle figures, the 4" MOTU figures (I LOVE them), and even some of the MOTU vinyl stuff. I plan on buying all of the vintage style 5.5" figures. I am psyched for the POP MUSCLE figures, and I'm hoping for POP 4" figures!

I also like Brian Flynn. He's kind, honest, and self deprecating.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Ghost, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork.

Filmation Variants: She-Ra, Bow, Mantenna, Leech, Entrapta, Grizzlor, Prince Adam, Glimmer, Adora

I echo the sentiments of this thread!
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Heroic Warrior
    Another huge fan of Super 7 here. I'm thrilled we are getting MOTUC again, and overall the figures have been superb: I have Ultimates Teela and the Wave 1 Club Grayskull figures, and honestly there isn't a weak one in the bunch. My biggest disappointment is with Tri-Klops's glued visor, but I still love the figure.

Many, many thanks to Brian and his team for taking up the torch and keeping MOTU alive!

(And thanks to you too, Degra, for starting this thread. The negativity around here - admittedly from only a small, but very vocal, section of the community - can be really off-putting.)

I think Super 7 is aces. I appreciate their passion for collectables and I believe the best for MOTU is yet to come! Bring on those vintage figures and Collector's choice!
    "..."

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Love Super7 as well. Creative, fun, responsive to fans, working hard to bring the best. They hit bumps like everyone else but take real pride in their products and I trust them. Fans making stuff for fans. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Super7 is making a lot of cool stuff and they are continuously working to improve produce based on fan feedback.

In person, they are extremely friendly and will spend a LOT of time chatting about the most extreme specifics about toys.

Working with the Four Horsemen, I'm confident Super7 will going to continue to improve. The MOTU toy collecting community has a reputation for being one of the most vocal and critical fan bases, and in my experience Super7 is doing their best to make our fan base happy. I'm looking forward to what is next.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    This is definitely a vocal and passionate fan base. I myself enjoy critiquing figures of all types, and have posted nitpicks and suggestions. That in no way makes me a dissatisfied customer or disappointed with Super7. I just got 8 new MOTU figures! They’re awesome! Let’s be honest, there’s not a lot of companies who would have jumped in to a line that had already made most in demand characters, try to match someone else’s formula, and put up with the complaining. Big props to Brian and the team for keeping MOTU alive and giving me more gems for my collection. Making toys can be a thankless job- so let me be one to add to those hoping to correct that with a giant thank you.

They're giving me a Granita FINALLY. I'm happy with them.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Well desreved thread. Thank you S7 -- your work is much appreciated!!!

I definitely appreciate everything that Super7 is doing. Overall Iím very happy with the CC and CG figures I received, and canít wait to see what else they have planned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, these figures are pretty fantastic! I only have the Classics figures so far (a Filmation Hordak will be coming from BBTS eventually). Even Hawke isn't as terrible as I feared. She's still my second least favorite Classics figure (behind PD Teela), she's tiny for Classics, and the detail is sorely lacking, but I don't hate her.

But everything else is fantastic. I love that Super7 worked to make things so much better from everything they learned on the PowerCon figures. It makes me hopeful for the future.

Bring on Wave 2! Thanks Super7!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really enjoying my figures and I'm pretty satisfied with the quality . Since everyone has been critical of the figures I've been looking at my Mattel figures a lot and find the same problems with them some are amazing almost perfect and others have issues so don't see much difference . I've ordered both waves and I'm ready for wave 3 , really hoping that Super7 takes on some vehicles we need a filmation Attak trak and the line will never be complete without Snake mountain Thanks for everything Super7

I hope someday I will have the pleasure of meeting Brian Flynn so that I can thank him personally for taking on MOTUC and keeping it going instead of letting the line die with Mattel. I know Brian and Super 7 has caught a lot of flames and flack from unhappy customers and that perhaps at NYTF 2018 that Super 7 may have seemed a bit deflated over it all. But I say don't give up Super 7, keep your chins up and keep improving. Although it may not seem like it at times there are many who are glad that you are keeping MOTUC alive and we appreciate that you are willing to listen to our critiques both good and bad and try to make improvements.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

If Super7 pull off classics snake mountain they will become masters of the universe! I don't know how they could bear to pass up the opportunity. It would be a legendary accomplishment in the history of toy-making.

Please, please make it happen. I mean, Jabba is going to get his sail-barge! Skeletor should definitely get his own pad after enduring a decade of homelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I hope someday I will have the pleasure of meeting Brian Flynn so that I can thank him personally for taking on MOTUC and keeping it going instead of letting the line die with Mattel. I know Brian and Super 7 has caught a lot of flames and flack from unhappy customers and that perhaps at NYTF 2018 that Super 7 may have seemed a bit deflated over it all. But I say don't give up Super 7, keep your chins up and keep improving. Although it may not seem like it at times there are many who are glad that you are keeping MOTUC alive and we appreciate that you are willing to listen to our critiques both good and bad and try to make improvements.
    I actually dropped him a message the other day to say thanks. Just had to tell him despite the big noise being made that there are others who value and appreciate what they're doing - mistakes / faults / errors and all. I received a lovely reply from him too.