Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tung Lashor Arrival Thread

Tung Lashor Arrival Thread

Tung Lashor and Rattlor were the only non Hsss snakemen I had as a kid, so it's nice to get this in hand finally. Love the bright colors, amphibian hands, and even the color of the bow. One more away from completion.

Did you DOS this one or is it a sub?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Did you DOS this one or is it a sub?
    DOS isn't live until tomorrow... so I'm guessing it's his sub. He usually gets it a day or two before standard DOS, probably based on location.

Oh that's right.
    I got MOTUC and my car payment mixed up! LOL
    So SCB did you get Etheria too or no Etheria?? I'm assuming no...

What about Arrow?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

TL looks perfect!!

Neither my Eternia sub or Early Access Battle Ram have shipped.

Woo

Hoo

*Slow clap to Digital River - again*

I really dislike that dragonfly thing. Looks like a TMNT accessory the way it's all one color. Boooo.

Figure looks great though.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Looks pretty good but it seems like the lack of the rocker joints on the ankles may make his posing a bit awkward.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Looks pretty good but it seems like the lack of the rocker joints on the ankles may make his posing a bit awkward.
    It does. It's very noticeable if you try to pose him like I did in the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Neither my Eternia sub or Early Access Battle Ram have shipped.

Woo

Hoo

*Slow clap to Digital River - again*
    Digital River isn't to blame this time, there's a dock workers strike going on.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Damn he looks good, always loved the vintage design of him. Shame about the ankle rockers being absent though.

Best figure in the line....been my favorite for 25 years...still the best!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Digital River isn't to blame this time, there's a dock workers strike going on.

I don't have an Etheria sub. Just Eternia. So why have some people got Tung Lashor and mine is still in progress? I thought just She Ra was on backorder.

The more pictures I see, the more I'd say Tung Lashor is one of the most successful figures in the line. I'd rank him right up there with Beastman, Mer Man, Trapjaw, Modulok, Ram Man, MAA, Fisto, etc as a triumph of classics. I have yet to see a bad image of him.

He's stunning.

My Lashor has shipped, I'm hoping I can get him before Saturday, but I'm doubtful. I haven't been this excited for a figure since Rattlor and Modulok, I think.

The Snake Men is the only faction I have ALL OF. It's going to be really cool to add Tung Lashor and then Squeeze soon and have the whole set.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

SCB, Did you get Arrow ? Pictures ??
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

I did. I haven't bothered to even unbox him if that tells you anything about my enthusiasm. But I suppose some of you are curious to see him

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    I don't have an Etheria sub. Just Eternia. So why have some people got Tung Lashor and mine is still in progress? I thought just She Ra was on backorder.
    Read etheria sorry. On that note not sure.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Tung Lashor is finally with the Snakemen! Staction Ssqueeze is standing in until the actual one comes.

They look great together but listen to me, keep the squeeze staction on the shelf, its still an amazing interpretation of the character. Anyway I have no doubt motuc squeeze will be another msterpiece indeed

so waitin for king hiss 200x next year
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

My subs arrived today. I was worried I might have to wait until Monday to get them. Let's start with Tung Lashor (I haven't even pulled Arrow out of the box yet!).

The vintage Snake Men - King Hsss, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Squeeze - along with Snout Spout and Extendar were the last vintage motu figures I got during the original run. I love reptiles, monsters, and villains, so the Snake Men were instantly some of my favorite motu villains.

I could never quite choose which Snake Man I liked better, Tung Lashor or Rattlor. I do remember going back and forth a lot between the two figures. I think I ended liking Tung Lashor better as a character based on his two mini-comic appearances, but I ended up preferring Rattlor's vintage toy. Either way, I've been waiting for Tung Lashor since the line started, and boy has it been a long one (Five years? Six years?).

He was worth the wait and then some.

The Good

1. Sculpt- I love the fact that Tung Lashor 97% vintage here - you knew he would be anyway. I prefer most of the 200x designs (Unique parts and different size scales), and while I liked the Tung Lashor design from the cartoon, I never liked how he was bulked up and portrayed as just a bruiser (I would still love a 200x Tung Lashor figure based on the cartoon!). I preferred the sneaky, cunning Tung Lashor from the mini-comic. He looked like he was always thinking.

The appeal of vintage design for me was the slender appearance. This figure restores that and even takes it a bit further. The classics torso is smaller than the vintage figure.

I love how everything was carried over, even the nipples; I could have done without them, but they are nostalgic, there's no denying it.

The raised bumps on the back add some very nice detailing to an otherwise smooth skinned figure that's still mostly reused parts.

Another new design is the wrinkly skin on the neck area. It's a wonderful touch by the 4H. I don't have my vintage Lashor in front of me as I write this, but the wrinkles are not there on the vintage figure after a quick google search. That's a nice compliment to the 4H since it feels like it should have always been there.

Tung Lashor's hands are pure vintage gloved frog goodness. One change is that the new hands sport much longer and slimmer fingers. I support this choice because it keeps the theme of the slippery, sneaky, ideal I have of Tung Lashor.

The feet are a hybrid of 200x and vintage. The classics feet sport claws and I think that was the right choice. The vintage feet being all round and smooth looked a bit lazy and cheap to me.

Lastly we have the head sculpts. Tung lashor thankfully comes with two heads. It's completely vintage inspired here, and while I love the snake head from the MYP cartoon revamp, I also love the vintage design and the 4H knocked this sculpt out of the park.

I hear it said a lot that Tung Lashor resembles a lizard or a frog. I can see it to an extent, but to me he just looks like a typical fantasy snake from an 80s cartoons.

The basic head is the standard vintage expression. The eyebrow or orbital ridges give Tung Lashor a very expressive look. The open mouthed head that simulates the vintage action feature is one of the best head sculpts in the line. The squinting half closed eyes and the pulled back grin are wicked. I think it's one of the most expressive looking sculpts in the line, and certainly of all the snakemen.

Rattlor and Kobra Khan definitely look like snakes, particularly in the eyes, but Tung Lashor almost looks a bit more animated in appearance.

Tung Lashor's namesake is supremely well done. It's decently thick but slender enough that I don't worry too much about it getting bent or broken. The sculpting and paint on the tongue are awesome. I could have done without the two little teeth (poisonous barbs?) on the tongue but they're fine and a small 200x touch.

The accessories are fine. We've seen the snake staff before and the purple color from this version matches the figure well. The Dragon Fly accessory is updated wonderfully here with the wrist clip. The added Horde armband is extra.

2. Paint - The paint on my figures is fairly sharp. The paint scheme on Tung Lashor is a thing of beauty. The lavender skin evokes a poison salamander or frog from the rainforest. The orange belly, yellow eyes, and green tongue compliment it well. Finally what ties it all together are the purple stripes that adorn his entire body.

I'm having a hard time thinking of another figure that's striped and as multi colored as Tung Lashor. Stinkor and Rattlor perhaps are his closet counterparts.

When you tie it all together, Tung Lashor instantly says "Danger! Poison! Keep away!" and I love it.

Lastly, and I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere - although it may have been - are the metallic green highlights on the belt and the green wash on the figures gloves.

Tung Lashor has some subtle metallic green highlights on his belt and a bit of green on his furry underwear.

The figure also features some nice muddy green wash on his gloves. It not very noticeable, but I do really like it now that I know it's there.

3. Articulation - Tung Lashor has the full range of MOTUC articulation. His feet do help him hold poses, but he desperately needs rocker ankles. None of the male figures in the line get them, so this is standard for the line, but they would have helped so much here.

The Bad

I can't find any QC issues with my figure. I will note that underneath the tongue on the alternate head, there's a line in the paint on both my figures where it looks like it may be glued together? I'm not sure it's all one piece. I would recommend a bit of caution when attempting to bend the tongue too much for fear of future breaking.

Final Grade: A+

Minus the lack of rocker ankles - which no other male figure has - Tung Lashor is flawless. He's everything the vintage figure was, and more. He has all his vintage accessories, two heads, one of which recreates the vintage action feature, the paint job is vintage faithful with some subtle new detailing and the head sculpts are among the very best in the line.

Tung Lashor is easily among my top five favorite figures now.

It's hard to explain, but Tung Lashor really captures the feel of not just the vintage toy, but being an actual "toy" for me. I don't know what that means, but the colors, sculpt, design, and facial expressions combine to make this guy fantastic.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; November 20, 2014 at 08:40pm.

Mine arrived! But my camera is currently dead, and my new one arrives Friday.

SCB - using the Predator backdrop is an AWESOME idea! I need to see if mine survived the move...

Looks amazing on all these pictures he really does. It is a shame about the ankle rockers being missing though. I wonder if this was just not something that occurred to them until they were too far into production?
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Mine has a loose head, he arrived cold so I'm scared to pop it off until he warms up. Also, his left arm is a little loose but otherwise he is well done.