Thread: Questions about the new sub model

Questions about the new sub model

I am trying to figure out if the triple ship option saves enough money for me to bother with it. It will save on shipping, but it will also mean only three deliveries per all of 2016, which seems too scarce for me as an eager fan, so I need to know if the savings are really worth it.

In my experience, shipping for one figure is about $10 these days, and for two it is about $14-$16. I hate these prices, for the record. Turning 6 $10 payments into 3 $14-$16 payments will save about $15.00, which isn't enough for me to take the triple option. But, if the other two subs (Filmation and Thundercats) will be shipping with them, the savings will, presumably increase enough to make it worth the long wait on figures.

(1) Are all three subs shipping together if you buy three triple ship options?

(2) Are the shipping months for the two MOTU subs staggered if you buy the bi-monthly plan? What about the triple-ship option?

(3) When will TC ship?

(4) If you buy all 3 triple ship subs, will the first shipment be combined, or will we have to go through that ridiculous "first time multiple subs ship at the same time, they ship separately" crap, like we do with normal shipping on multiple subs?

(5) Has anyone who has gotten the quarterly shipment this year had trouble getting replacements for defective figures?

Obviously I'm hoping for some answers, but also please ask the questions that you have, and I'll try and add them to the OP.

While nothing official has been said, it looks like the Filmation and the Collector's choice subs will not overlap.
    The Triple Ship on those will happen in alternate months as well.
    CC's first Triple Ship would be in March
    Filmation's First Triple Ship would be in April.

Thundercats is the one that throws a wrench into this. Seeing as that one is during the last 6 months of the year (Jul-Dec).
    The first shipment never combines for DR. So, two out of 3 TC Triple Ships will be separate, due to the TC sub not being able to combine with the other two subs (Once with Collector's choice and the Other time with the Filmation Club) The Final Triple ship would combine with Filmation.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

What a bunch of nonsense. Both MOTUC subs should ship the same months for both shipping options, to save on shipping. Sure it would be a single more expensive payment, but the overall savings on shipping would be well worth it, and we would save a fair amount of dough in the long run. The "first-month-no-combo" rule is getting old, and I for one don't buy that it is unavoidable.

Are you certain about all of that though?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    What a bunch of nonsense. Both MOTUC subs should ship the same months for both shipping options, to save on shipping. Sure it would be a single more expensive payment, but the overall savings on shipping would be well worth it, and we would save a fair amount of dough in the long run. The "first-month-no-combo" rule is getting old, and I for one don't buy that it is unavoidable.

Matty and DR aren't even certain of anything yet. Which is why it is just "RINSE AND REPEAT" for Matty and DR terribleness. They are "looking into" combined shipping. DR's system is so arcane and inept at ordering physical product and Mattel can't be bothered to be get DR to improve, overhaul, or just kick them to the curb since there was obviously some Faustian bargain made at the beginnings of this comically absurd endeavor.

You would think, that offering 3 subscriptions of VERY similar items would just have you say something to the customers like "Yes, you will be able to combine shipping on all available subs." so you can encourage sales and relay a sense of competence as a seller. Instead it is, "We are working on it", "We are looking into it". Meanwhile, all the consumer has to do is look at the track record for the companies operations together for the last 8 years to see what they can expect. I expect the worst to almost the worst, which is what we have seen.

You would think they would arrange the triple ship options to coincide with each other and have that planned out ahead of time. But even if they do do this, (unlikely, see track record) the First Triple shipments never combine anyway, as has been shown the last 4 years. Obviously, they can't or won't make that happen. So you can assume that the best you can hope for, is 2/3 triple shipments to save you money if you combine subs. That's the BEST.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Matty and DR aren't even certain of anything yet. ... They are "looking into" combined shipping.
    This.

When asked at SDCC about DR, the panel kinda trailed off about "looking into it"...

The new team talks about how they want to be 1000% transparent but they won't talk about how awful DR is. DR is why I don't have a 2015 sub.
    DR is why I didn't get the last 1/3 of 2014 sub, too. DR is why I didn't order Skeletor Robots this morning. As happy as most people are with the new regime, it is really the same ole, same ole if they can't be transparent about or do something about the company that distributes product then the same old problem still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    This.

When asked at SDCC about DR, the panel kinda trailed off about "looking into it"...

The new team talks about how they want to be 1000% transparent but they won't talk about how awful DR is. DR is why I don't have a 2015 sub.
    DR is why I didn't get the last 1/3 of 2014 sub, too. DR is why I didn't order Skeletor Robots this morning. As happy as most people are with the new regime, it is really the same ole, same ole if they can't be transparent about or do something about the company that distributes product then the same old problem still exists.
    You are correct.

Are you suggesting both the Collector's Choice AND the He-Man and the MotU subs should ship combined beginning in January? If that were to happen there wouldn't be any figures after June. We'd blow through all 12 monthly figures in the first 6 months.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Are you suggesting both the Collector's Choice AND the He-Man and the MotU subs should ship combined beginning in January? If that were to happen there wouldn't be any figures after June. We'd blow through all 12 monthly figures in the first 6 months.
    No I'm saying that maybe the two bi-monthly subs should ship each month (one sub shipping every other month, and the other shipping the months in between), although I personally would want both subs to ship together, bi-monthly, to save on shipping if I decided to go that route (both subs shipping every other month, but together); but I think that if you opt in for the triple ship option then the two MOTU subs should definitely be shipping together for each fo those three shipments. I know that would be a bit wonky since the last figure of the later triple ship bundle may not be released at that time, but if they just shipped all triple shipments after the later of the two bi-monthly sub items was released, that wouldn't be an issue.

It seems to me that nothing's really changed at all, except the exact method by which Mattel allows DR to screw us out of our money.

It seems to me that nothing's really changed at all, except the exact method by which Mattel allows DR to screw us out of our money.
    Preach on brother!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Preach on brother!
    I really do hope I'm wrong about that, but their silence on this shipping issue doesn't bode well.

I really do hope I'm wrong about that, but their silence on this shipping issue doesn't bode well.
    Prepare for and expect the worst case scenario. That's why I went for bi-monthly for Collector's Choice because I honestly don't think triple ship will save folks a deal of money at all.
    6 characters I still need: 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

No I'm saying that maybe the two bi-monthly subs should ship each month (one sub shipping every other month, and the other shipping the months in between), although I personally would want both subs to ship together, bi-monthly, to save on shipping if I decided to go that route (both subs shipping every other month, but together); but I think that if you opt in for the triple ship option then the two MOTU subs should definitely be shipping together for each fo those three shipments. I know that would be a bit wonky since the last figure of the later triple ship bundle may not be released at that time, but if they just shipped all triple shipments after the later of the two bi-monthly sub items was released, that wouldn't be an issue.

I think there'd only be an advantage with combined shipping (if possible for DR) if both were selected as a quarterly shipment like you said. As is, with the subs alternating months, there'd be no opportunity to combine anything. As blackiecats said, prepare for the worst.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!