Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldor Arrival Thread

Eldor Arrival Thread

Eldor month already. Long overdue after He-Ro years ago. I think he turned out pretty nice. The artistic design choice of the hood is probably the only controversial part of the figure, if it all. It works, but I would have preferred a second with a sculpted on hood, but it's fine.

The armor overlay does hinder the ab crunch, but he doesn't need one.

Staff is really nice.

The book is surprisingly very high quality and exceptional for a friggin book. Full detailed, articulated, just overall a little too nice for such a simple piece. A lot of love went into this.

Awesome pics! Great to see the Powers of Grayskull gang all together.
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

I think he looks particularly great posed with The Goddess for some reason. He is much cooler than I expected him to be before he was revealed in any event.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    To me Eldor will be the MOTU equivalent to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Widget
    Just got my Eldor in. Awesome details all over the fig.

Stupid question. Who is the cosmic warrior Eldor finds as stated in his bio?

OMG! those pics are great !!!!!

cant wait for Eldor, he's just the fantasy archetipe of wise and old magician ready to battle with the heroes against an horde of army (to me he's reminiscent of Gandalf from LOTR )
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD MOON View Post
    Stupid question. Who is the cosmic warrior Eldor finds as stated in his bio?
    I'd assume they mean He-Ro.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Looks like he's got Stephen King's monkey mouth.

So excited about this figure! Anyone else think he might have gone on to eventually become the Oracle of the Crystal Sea?

Screenshot_2014-10-13-11-12-54-1.jpg
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

That's a cool idea.
    I've always thought of him as a Gandalf type rather than Obi Wan. Can't wait to get him, such a great sculpt.

For those who have received Eldor, did you get Sweet Bee and Light Hope?? I'm confused as to why there's no arrival threads for those yet, unless you're only Club Eternia subbers.

I just want to know if I can have him posed holding the book as you have him, but also holding the staff in the other hand, as if casting through his staff with the book.

He looks great but really do wish he came with a cape and he didn't have funny lip.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Eldor looks great, can't wait for this one. This is altogether a nice month of figures coming in.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Holy Cow! I ALREADY got my Eldor figure this morning!! I usually get my Club Eternia figs around the 21st or 22nd being in Michigan. Awesome suprise, hope this trend keeps up next month but I doubt it. GREAT FIG!
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Eldor is Ah-Mazing! Truthfully I've never been one of those fans who knew all of the background and lore surrounding the missed opportunity that was the original 80's Eldor that never arrived on store shelves, but once Classics started up and he began to be whispered about I did my homework. And a few years back while attending Power con I even got to see the original sculpt for Eldor up close. Fast forward to this present Horsemen sculpted figure, which is absolutely far and away one of my favorites for 2014. He's definitely in a deeply contested arm wrestling competition with Rio Blast for best figure of the year, but as it stands he's very high on my list.

And the Book of Secrets just makes this figure as far as accessories. If I may be so bold it's THE BEST accessory this line has ever seen.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

He is pretty buff to be an old head...
    My post count just got bigger.

I'm looking forward to getting my Eldor figure! I'm probably in the minority here, but am I the only one that thinks the hood looks a little goofy? I would've liked it to have been a little closer to the top of his head. Other than that, really dig him! love the staff too!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    For those who have received Eldor, did you get Sweet Bee and Light Hope?? I'm confused as to why there's no arrival threads for those yet, unless you're only Club Eternia subbers.
    I'm quite surprised there is no thread or no pictures for Sweet Bee and Light Hope arriving. Mine arrived last night, but I generally don't take pictures of my figures (I'm not a creative photographer like many of you on here). I should be getting Eldor today.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I love how they handled Eldor! Mine arrived yesterday and I am incredibly happy. I was surprised by how often I keep picking him up and admiring all of his details. I also love getting 3 figures in a month!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Mine arrived today!

photo IMG_1315_zps973e74cf.jpg
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    So excited about this figure! Anyone else think he might have gone on to eventually become the Oracle of the Crystal Sea?

Screenshot_2014-10-13-11-12-54-1.jpg
    That is a very interesting train of thought indeed.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

My figures arrived today.

Eldor...yeah. This is not a figure or character I've ever cared about. In fact, after seeing the vintage prototype pics Eldor was one of the few figures I have been dreading. Now that he's finally in hand I can say he's pretty cool. I think what saves this figure is that he's basically a 200x classics interpretation of the character.

If this character were really a classics figure, he's have He-Man's furry underwear, belt, bracers, and boots. The fact that he's not a 90% vintage parts sharing figure makes this figure not a wasted slot for me. The more 200x influences on Classics figures the better in general for me.

The Good

Eldor has a decent design. A typical old wizard guide archtype and design fits right in with He-Man.

This figure has a lot of details on him. I like the texture pattern on his hood, and robe trim.

The stitches on his armor, hood, and the string on his boots are nice added details.

The various bits of damage on his robe also add to the aged look of the character.

The extra little tools on his belt are a welcome touch.

Eldor's book and staff are nicely detailed and add some very cool magical artifacts to line.

Eldor's articulation is also pretty good.

Paint apps and QC seem to be pretty good. too.

The Bad

The removable hood is a nice idea, but it falls off a bit too easily.

Other than that, I can't find any real QC problems with Eldor.

Final Grade: B

Nice accessories, good detailing, nice articulation and paint apps make Eldor a pretty decent toy, but he's not going to win any awards or make it onto my list of favorites.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Eldor is great in hand. A lot of details and care has gone into him. I don't mind the removable hood - it works well enough. I love his accessories - the book is great and new staff really suit his overall look.

My figure has a loose right foot which is annoying and his skull cap is missing a tiny bit of paint near the front which will keep bugging me no doubt.

Still a solid figure though
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    He arrives today. He is very cool.