Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel want feedback - Favourite DC designs

Mattel want feedback - Favourite DC designs

In the answer to question two of the one hundred and fortieth round of forum questions, Mattel stated they'd like to know which are fans favourite designs from the ongoing DC comics. Thoughts? I'd most like figures in a rebranded MOTU 'Classics' line of:

1. Despara
    2. Sorceress Teela (Serpos)
    3. 'Tusk Armor' Skeletor

1. The Green Goddess of Serpos!
    2. Moss Man
    3. King Hssss (including King Randor disguise.)
    4. Stratos
    5. Despara
    6. Teela-At-Arms
    7. Beast Man (over-sized)
    Last edited by No-Ah; March 5, 2015 at 09:07pm.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    None. Please mattel if you are listening focus on filmation and vintage mini comics. Plenty of figures there to mine. Then in ten or twenty years if the dc looks endure, which I doubt, then you can do figures of them
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Eternity Wars He-Man
    Eternity Wars She-Ra
    Sorceress Teela
    Teela (from DC Universe Vs. MOTU story arc)
    Despara
    Saryn
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Despera for sure!
    Goddess Teela
    Battle Armor Swiftwind
    Saryn

I really like that Man-at-Arms Teela. Not only do I like the look, but it's one of the smartest designs for her. She's the captain of the guard, but in Filmation she just wore this leotard like she was about to go do yoga or something. 200X made that idea look better, but it seemed more just like her personal clothes. The open sides are a bit much, but overall I think the Man-at-Arms design is great for her.

Depara is of course #1, but I also enjoy all the He-Man costumes.

Despara
    Teela-at-Arms
    Tri-Klops
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Hey, if they did do a Nu52 mini-sub, I wonder if they could take an issue of the comic and shrink it down to a mini-comic!

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

The new DC designs are pretty great overall. The ones that stand out the most and best for me are:

Serpos Sorceress Teela
    Skeletor (Tusk armor)
    Despara
    King Randor
    Eternity War He-man
    Moss Man
    Teela (palace captain)
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

none. When they start revealing these variants I'm done.
    Last edited by blackiecats; March 5, 2015 at 09:31pm.
    My top 10 characters: 10/Filmation Ram Man, 9/Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 8/Kothos, 7/Filmation Mer-Man, 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    None. Please mattel if you are listening focus on filmation and vintage mini comics. Plenty of figures there to mine. Then in ten or twenty years if the dc looks endure, which I doubt, then you can do figures of them
    Could not agree more. There are so many characters that haven't been made. I'd take filmation variants of all the characters made already over any of the dc designs.

Green Goddess Teela.

AND

Prince Randor. The blue clothing under the palace guard armor.

DCMOTU_WEBCOMIC_four2.jpg
    Last edited by davidlogan; March 6, 2015 at 12:18am.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Eternity Wars He-Man
    Eternity Wars She-Ra
    Sorceress Teela
    Teela (from DC Universe Vs. MOTU story arc)
    Despara
    Saryn
    What they said. Add a normal and monster head option to Saryn

http://acecomics.co.uk/wp-content/up...2/He-Man-5.jpg

I like Pops stuff well enough, but all the DC redesigns are really , REALLY blah to me.

1) I want this version of He-Man that BARELY was used.heman_motu_cover_3_by_dave_wilkins-d52vqj0.jpg
    2)Green Goddess.

3) She-ra

4)Despara..maybe.
    Last edited by ksharpe; March 5, 2015 at 10:23pm.

None of them!!! I stopped collecting those DC comics,because I just couldn't stomach those new designs and artwork!
    I guess I won't be a completist anymore if they start putting them in the line.

Despara is pretty cool,though...

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    None of them!!! I stopped collecting those DC comics,because I just couldn't stomach those new designs and artwork!
    I guess I won't be a completist anymore if they start putting them in the line.

Despara is pretty cool,though...

Two things, I 100% agree with everything you posted, and I also could tolerate a Despera but thats it.

Plus your avatar is wonderful and hilarious!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't they ask for feedback on this a year or two ago and we answered with a resounding "please, don't" ?

I guess the green snake goddess lady?

Heroic Warrior
    Despara. And only Despara.

Heroic Warrior
    1) Despara

2) Sorceress Teela

2) She-Ra

3) Saryn (both Gar and Witch Form)

4) Battle Armor King Randor

5) Teela At Arms

And as a commemorative DC vs MOTU Edition Justice League He-Man and Skeletor two pack. But based on the designs made by the amazing Jonboy Meyers (please not those from the actual crossover mini series):

(sourse: http://jonboymeyers.com/portfolio/toys/#!)

Just for remember the time that He-Man and Skelly made fun of Superman (and satisfy the inner fanboy in me)
    Last edited by granamyr80; March 6, 2015 at 10:46am.

I read the comics. I love the comics. But please Mattel, DON'T make these designs in MOTUC. Echoing what some others have said, there are tons of old mini-comics characters, Filmation, New Adventures, and CAC runners-up, that can and should be made first.

I don't like a single one of them.

Nope, not even Despara. She's just a female version of Hordak, lame.

Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    I read the comics. I love the comics. But please Mattel, DON'T make these designs in MOTUC. Echoing what some others have said, there are tons of old mini-comics characters, Filmation, New Adventures, and CAC runners-up, that can and should be made first.
    Agreed. If anything do Vultak, Dylamug, and Despara
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

I'm more and more suspecting that the "new direction" of 2016 is gonna focus on the "modern" designs from the DC comics and new minicomics...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm more and more suspecting that the "new direction" of 2016 is gonna focus on the "modern" designs from the DC comics and new minicomics...
    As am I. But with all of the obscure characters making cameo appearances in the comic (like Dylamug) I think they can use the comic as a back-bone to fuel the next couple of years of MOTU figures. IF THEY ADVERTISE!