Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He-Man & MOTU - Filmation Beast Man Thread !

He-Man & MOTU - Filmation Beast Man Thread !

Well, What Can I Say ?

He Is Pure Awesome !!

Is he getting any other accessories other than his whip ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!

For me, this is the weakest of the SDCC reveals. I've never cared for the FILMATION design on Beast Man. (For that matter, the MYP design bothers me too; I always wished it retained the cool blue facial tats/ war paint that even the early toon maintained.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

He needs another extra. A Weapon or something else from Filmation.
    But he looks fantastic! Perfect figure! Cant wait to get him!

I cannot wait to get an extra of this figure to put the Filmation head on a Classics body! Of course, it means I also have to find another Classics Beast-man body first!!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I love filmation beastman. He IS my beastman. In fact I'm selling off my motuc version because this one outs it to shame

As a new collector, I'm excited for any Beastman! I would love a classics version, but I can't justify the eBay cost at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Well, What Can I Say ?

He Is Pure Awesome !!

Is he getting any other accessories other than his whip ?
    These Filmation figures are all pure awesome. And yes Beastman looks legit. As for an extra weapon. It'd be cool. But if I were to display him it'd be with his whip. But I could see them throwing in extra Filmation relics,weapons ect ect. Since most of these figures with retain same bucks/tooling. I just want the figure now. And I want to sub alreay

Dream come true! Can't wait to own a few!!!
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Skeleton Warriors, Rah-Jar, Great Black Wizard.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs, 2 Collectors' Choice subs.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Another great Filmation representation. Hopefully we'll get Skeletor's other core henchmen (Mer-Man and Tri-Klops) at the very least for this line.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I love filmation beastman. He IS my beastman. In fact I'm selling off my motuc version because this one outs it to shame
    Hehe, yeah, I'll be selling a good chunk of my (small) MOTUC collection. Though Beastman, might have to hold onto him, along with some select other favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Another great Filmation representation. Hopefully we'll get Skeletor's other core henchmen (Mer-Man and Tri-Klops) at the very least for this line.
    I think we will get these guys sooner than later. I really think sub sales will show a good representation of what the fans like and want. Again where can I sub already

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Agreed, Beast Man looks fantastic. A second accessory would be welcome, though I can't think of what I'd want it to be. I'm with Vlcan, let me sign up for this sub already! Really hoping that Mer-Man, Sorceress and Roboto make the cut for wave 2.
    Bring me: Lord Masque / Saurod / Dragstor
    Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    This line has to be cheaper than motuc I'm guessing since there are fewer details, paint hits and more shared pieces. In fact, with these first six filmation characters Mattel is producing they already have all the parts tooled except for heads and chest armor for fisto, triklops, merman, man at arms, whiplash. I mean just a head and armor! Then you have characters like prince adam that is a straight repaint. Shadow weaver which has very little paint apps and needs to be cast in one solid color plastic. Super easy. Buzz off just needs new less detailed wings. Mekaneck is a straight repaint using filmation parts, motuc head and armor. Webstor just needs new harness. Frosta a new head on her motuc buck painted appropriately.

So with those factors in play plus the characters needing redoing are popular I really hope mattel gets around to producing filmation versions of all the main players like merman, Webstor, fisto, buzz off, mekaneck, Duncan, , triklops, adam, frosta, Hordak, Grizzlor, leech, roboto, sorceress with better wings and better painted face, catra with blue hair with panther form beast, zodac, stratos. The last thing I'd want is to get these stunning filmation figures and not get the rest of the characters from the cartoon in filmation style

Perhaps a semi-cracked dragons egg with a baby dragon head popping out as a second accessory?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Beastman looks great! But shouldnt his face be more of a light skintone than this pale white?

Did he ever use his whip in the cartoon btw?
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    This line has to be cheaper than motuc I'm guessing since there are fewer details, paint hits and more shared pieces. In fact, with these first six filmation characters Mattel is producing they already have all the parts tooled except for heads and chest armor for fisto, triklops, merman, man at arms, whiplash. I mean just a head and armor! Then you have characters like prince adam that is a straight repaint. Shadow weaver which has very little paint apps and needs to be cast in one solid color plastic. Super easy. Buzz off just needs new less detailed wings. Mekaneck is a straight repaint using filmation parts, motuc head and armor. Webstor just needs new harness. Frosta a new head on her motuc buck painted appropriately.

So with those factors in play plus the characters needing redoing are popular I really hope mattel gets around to producing filmation versions of all the main players like merman, Webstor, fisto, buzz off, mekaneck, Duncan, , triklops, adam, frosta, Hordak, Grizzlor, leech, roboto, sorceress with better wings and better painted face, catra with blue hair with panther form beast, zodac, stratos. The last thing I'd want is to get these stunning filmation figures and not get the rest of the characters from the cartoon in filmation style
    Ain't that cute... BUT IT'S WRONG!!!
    Adam would need a new vest without "ghastly" details on his belt. Shadow Weaver would need a new crotch with a cartoon accurate Horde Insignia. (Toon insignia does not match Toy Insignia). Whiplash would also need a new tail and new feet. Buzz-Off needs more than just new wings. He needs new claws with "Furry bracers" but with no details for cartoon accuracy. (Obviously armor) and the Head would have to be made with a visor like Flipshot's. Mekaneck is not a MOTUC Head and Armor on the "Filmation buck". The Filmation Mekaneck Armor is shaped differently AND the MOTUC Head has tons of Added Details that Filmation didn't have...

I mean who said this on another topic:
    I hate when people want to tinker with someone elses creation trying to put their hipster spin on it. Lou Scheimer and his team drew the filmation characters the way they wanted to--good, bad, indifferent, undertailed whatever. Stop meddling with those designs. There are plenty of overly busy ghastly designs the4H could go all out on with 200x or nu 52 dc designs. Leave filmation alone
    Yes, IT WAS YOU. I'm just pointing it out, BECAUSE in this post you are doing something Similar to what the minority of fans have tried to suggest and got shot down horribly. The reasons are different, but the results would be the "dilution of cartoon accuracy". The sad part is that your ideas are sound and would make great figures... IF a bit more detail in the Filmation sub-line was allowed. But if I or any one of the few fans who had advocated for a bit more details had said it The reply would most likely be something like "The majority has spoken and your ideas suck and you should be ashamed of them, you Filmation Hater!"

But to stay on topic:
    What I'd like to see added to Filmation Beastman? (aside added fur texture on his body)
    Two things:
    A more savage looking head and a Mutton (or drumstick).
    You can see the pics on James Eatock's He-Man and She-Ra blog.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

I wouldn't mind him coming with a 2nd laughing head other then that he's perfect

His armor looks like Play-Doh.

For people who like this simplified look, does it bother you that he has more sculpted detail than the cartoon reference (except for the fact that the face fur in the cartoon is more finely done)
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I'm not comparing any of these filmation figures to how they look in the cartoon, I just like the looks of the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    Beastman looks great! But shouldnt his face be more of a light skintone than this pale white?
    Yes, his face absolutely should be skin tone.
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yeah, he used it. It was electronic and activated with a button.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    His armor looks like Play-Doh.

For people who like this simplified look, does it bother you that he has more sculpted detail than the cartoon reference (except for the fact that the face fur in the cartoon is more finely done)
    THe body I accept because I know we're not getting an all new set of bucks for this line, and the Filmation designs had more muscel detail than the usual animated designs of the time. The armor doesn't really have significantly more detail than the animated model; it's in three dimensions, so they are basically taking into account the details you'd see from different angles. Reference the picture above, where there are more indentations on the far side of the armor than the near side. Allowances have to be made translating from two to three dimensions or it really would look like a lump of Playdoh. Point is, they are trying to get as close to the animated design as reasonably possible given the inherent problems of going from a flat cartoon to three dimensional figure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...666/beastm.png
    Yes, I agree the flesh tone color looks better than the white.

I also think Beast Man was the worst of the Filmation offerings in the HATMOTU figures. To me the face is not quite right. The ears are more pointed on the cartoon rendering as are the eyebrows. The blue eye shading does not go all the way around the eyes on the cartoon rendering. The armor is bigger in the back of his head on the cartoon rendering than on the figure model. The mouth looks off to me. The nipples and belly button on the figures must go (those are added details from the cartoon renderings that are not allowed). Muscle tone needs to be way more smooth with less lines on the buck to match cartoon better. The fur around the chin is not fine enough to match the cartoon rendering. The furry shorts need to be more of a brief instead of a loin cloth as the figure model. Point is we are really NOT getting truly accurate Filmation figures here (as everybody swears by), thus it wouldn't hurt to have a little added detail to brings these more in line with the MOTUC figures.

Oh and yes he did use his whip in the Filmation toon. Off hand, the episode "A Beastly Sideshow" is one example. I believe even He-Man wrapped it around him once or twice, in other episodes.

Could you make a fourth picture above with Classics Beast Man for comparison?
    Last edited by csc0709; July 21, 2015 at 02:14pm.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    THe body I accept because I know we're not getting an all new set of bucks for this line, and the Filmation designs had more muscel detail than the usual animated designs of the time. The armor doesn't really have significantly more detail than the animated model; it's in three dimensions, so they are basically taking into account the details you'd see from different angles. Reference the picture above, where there are more indentations on the far side of the armor than the near side. Allowances have to be made translating from two to three dimensions or it really would look like a lump of Playdoh. Point is, they are trying to get as close to the animated design as reasonably possible given the inherent problems of going from a flat cartoon to three dimensional figure.
    Precisely. It's there in other screenshots.

I find the original question silly, to be honest. Just people trying to poke holes (unsuccessfully) in other folks enjoyment.