Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

The expression on He-Man's face (before you click on the picture) looks scary in the first picture of the last row.

Not a bad figure overall. Definitely the best of the He-Mans.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

awesome pictures. He-man looks perfect to my eyes.
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

Awesome! Perfect n every way. I disagree with the article tho. I think He-Man was / is an interesting looking character and this one is by far the best. So much cooler than 2002. That side by side comparison really shows how massive and precise the new figure is. Great article, 2 weeks left.
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Great article, 2 weeks left.
    9 more days.

9 more days until Matty crashes.

i like everything but the drunkin pink around his eyes
    i mean he-man is the flagship of the line , in that review the guy says he hopes this is fixed latter on in line. i mean this is HE-MAN he should have great paint from get go (dont get me wrong i love everything else about him)
    i dont want he-man to be the tester to see what they need to fix , it looks like he-man was in drag and forgot to remove all his makeup, im just wondering how this got buy mattel into mass production like that?
    Eternian Beastmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    9 more days.

9 more days until Matty crashes.
    I hope that this happens after i could set my Order.

Two reviews now and no one showed how he looks when sitting down. That's what I keep waiting to see.

Overall, not bad at all. They pretty much fixed everything they nerfed with the 200X line sculpt. That He-man looks worse and worse every time someone does a side by side pic with this new He-man. Almost makes me wish that one was never made, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Two reviews now and no one showed how he looks when sitting down. That's what I keep waiting to see.
    Me too. I really want to know if the loincloth restricts his movement or not.

He looks awesome! The MOTUC He-man is so much better than the skinny hunchback 200X He-man.

Heroic Warrior
    That Card Front Pic looks pretty washed out and bland to me, even more so than the Matty Pic. I'm really not liking the look of the face in those pics either, especially around the eyes.

While I'll admit to agreeing with the reviewer on He-Man being an "important but less than compelling" character and that I am a huge MOTU Villain/Creature Fan (at least more so than just the basic human characters), I at least think that He-Man should look good. So far, these Production pics aren't doing anything for me. I have to wonder what happened from Proto to Production. I loved the Proto Pics.

I still have extremely high hopes for this line but I've not seen any pics of the actual production figures (especially He-Man) that I've been all that pleased with. Lately my faith has been somewhat shaken. These things are really going to have to be something in person to lay my fears to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm glad that you and many others think so. Personally I'm not yet convinced but hopefully once this thing is in hand I'll be won over. At this point, my favorite (and in my humble opinion the best) figural representation of He-Man is the SDCC and Battle Armor He-Man Stactions. Perfectly proportioned and perfectly painted, in a word, Beautiful! The only thing that would improve them to Absolute Perfection would be if they had matching Skeletor Stactions to go with them. But that's just me!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

He-Man looks great. As I look at the picture of He-Man and Grayskull and then look at my Grayskull figure I can understand what VeeBee was saying in the review in regards to taking of photo of the figure. King Grayskull is not as shiney in person as in that photo so He-Man should look fine.

I'm looking at the photo of the swords and I can still see the dimple on the Power Sword above the handle. I thought Toy Guru said that was a one off with Grayskull because of the last factory they used? Why do we still have a Power Sword with a fault? Oh well I guess we'll have to wait for Battle Armor He-Man for Mattel to do it properly
    Last edited by Gimporama; November 22, 2008 at 04:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Best He-Man figure ever? Not this one exactly.

The 4H prototype as seen in ToyFare #134, page 45?
    That's the Best He-Man ever.
    It beats original vintage He-Man, NA He-Man and 200X He-Man as He-Man figures. That's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    I'm glad that you and many others think so. Personally I'm not yet convinced but hopefully once this thing is in hand I'll be won over. At this point, my favorite (and in my humble opinion the best) figural representation of He-Man is the SDCC and Battle Armor He-Man Stactions. Perfectly proportioned and perfectly painted, in a word, Beautiful! The only thing that would improve them to Absolute Perfection would be if they had matching Skeletor Stactions to go with them. But that's just me!
    That's why I said "Best. He-Man. Figure. Ever." The Stactions and statues are a whole other ball game.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior
    It beats original vintage He-Man, NA He-Man and 200X He-Man as He-Man figures. That's what I meant.

That's why I said "Best. He-Man. Figure. Ever." The Stactions and statues are a whole other ball game.
    I must politely disagree.
    When in doubt, we may consult an officially recognized authority.

http://www.websters-online-dictionar...inition/Figure

Per Webster's Online Dictionary:

"4. A model of a bodily form (especially of a person); "he made a figure of Santa Claus"."

"Articulation/posability" and/or "Action" are not required according to the definition. Thus, a Staction or Statue Is A Figure.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    I must politely disagree.
    When in doubt, we may consult an officially recognized authority.

http://www.websters-online-dictionar...inition/Figure

Per Webster's Online Dictionary:

"4. A model of a bodily form (especially of a person); "he made a figure of Santa Claus"."

"Articulation/posability" and/or "Action" are not required according to the definition. Thus, a Staction or Statue Is A Figure.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!
    Okay then, but the stactions can't be played with. So how about this-

Best. He-Man. Toy. Ever.

Better?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Okay then, but the stactions can't be played with. So how about this-

Best. He-Man. Toy. Ever.

Better?
    Again I must politely disagree while referring back to Webster's.

http://www.websters-online-dictionar...efinition/Play

"Verb 5. Be at play; be engaged in playful activity; amuse oneself in a way characteristic of children; "The kids were playing outside all day"; "I used to play with trucks as a little girl"."

"Verb 11. : engage in recreational activities rather than work; occupy oneself in a diversion; "On weekends I play"; "The students all recreate alike"."

"Noun 8. Play by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; "Freud believed in the utility of play to a small child"."

"Noun 14. : gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement; "it was all done in play"; "their frolic in the surf threatened to become ugly"."

http://www.websters-online-dictionar...definition/Toy

"Noun 1. An artifact designed to be played with."

"Noun 2. A nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier); "a toy stove"."

Per the definitions above, a Staction or Statue may in fact be considered a "Toy" and may also be "Played" with.

Again, "Articulation/Posability" and/or "Action Features" are not required to define whether or not an object is a "Toy" or whether an object can or cannot be "Played" with.

The use of Imagination and the desire for Recreation, Diversion or Amusement do however appear to be prerequisites for "Toys" and "Play" in the context of this discussion. I humbly submit to you that an individual can engage in activity with a Staction or Statue while using Imagination and desiring Recreation, Diversion or Amusement thus qualifying a Staction or Statue as a "Toy" that can be "Played" with.

Can a Staction be played with in a rough fashion?
    Probably not for very long, but it could be argued that neither could a great many other things that are properly referred to as "Action Figures" these days. Several Modern 200X MOTU Action Figures (among other things) come to mind based on many of the stories reported on the site during that time. I guess they just don't make 'em like they used to!

Should Stactions be given to young childeren to play with?
    Probably not due to the choking hazards of small pieces and the fragility of the Stactions which could potentially result in injury to the child. However, it is theoretically possible for a child (young or old) to safely and responsibly play with a Staction.

Thus, I still stand by my originally stated opinion which, I would like to note, was clearly stated to be only my personal preference and was stated while respectfully acknowledging the expressed opinion of MegaGearMax and anyone else who may share that view.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    It's funny but I'm not seeing any of those things. I can barely notice the difference between head and body... in the newer pics especially.
    Hmm, well to me the newer pictures in particular show the head to be a paler and grayer looking fleshtone compared to the plastic+airbrushing on the body.

Which is also partially why the "maced" look stands out so much on this figure, since it's too great of a contrast of shades compared to the 4H's prototype where the highlight color on the eyes is much closer to the fleshtone.

And I disagree.
    Right out of the package, with no alterations, the Classic He-Man is still the best version IMO.

Now, once I've repainted my MOTUC version, then he WILL be the best.

He looks cool! I hope I can get him come Dec 1!!

On the original cardbacks, weren't the evil warriors blurbs in red and the heroic in blue?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

MOTUC Zodac review

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?o...=1317&Itemid=1

Wow. That was fast.

Edit:
    There's also a video review by Pixel Dan on the main page now!

Very fast. Thanks for the link.

I like how the MOTUC Zodac-head in comparison to Original Zodac-head are dead-on in the photo.

The last pic is simply hilarious.

Niiiiiice! Go Fwoosh!

I dunno, I think his armor is removable... Looking closely at the straps on the back... Unless it's all glued back there, they are separate pieces.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Nice quicxk review. What does he mean the armor isn't removeable?? That kind of stinks. Oh well. I'll still be getting him!!

I hope the armour thing isn't correct and that he got a prototype.
    Unremovable armour would really s*ck.

Zodac looks REALLY VERY NICE in those pics by the way.

Sounds good. The armor has gotta be removable though, right? I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Also, if they do end up making a black version I hope they just release him without a bio. I'm not liking the idea of separate characters or if they said there's a whole team of lookalikes. That's way too Green Lantern-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Sounds good. The armor has gotta be removable though, right? I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Also, if they do end up making a black version I hope they just release him without a bio. I'm not liking the idea of separate characters or if they said there's a whole team of lookalikes. That's way too Green Lantern-ish.
    I think that's the whole idea. Zodac and Zodak are non-unique. Remember Zanthor and Zeehlar? And Zodak should have a bio. He's a way different character than Zodac.