Page 103 of 152 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3784

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Now if only we could get those vehicles along with Stridor/Night Stalker, Battle Ram, and Snake Mountain! I'd leave this line completely happy! Provided we also have the figures in my signature, of course.
    What's amazing is the other poster is almost done too!

Veebs, are you going to put Classics Castle Grayskull in those pics when you get it?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yeah, for sure.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Jitsu looks sweeeeet.

Veebs did u get Granamyr too?
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Sadly no, not yet.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Excellent Review. But i have to say it now: im not a fan of Djordjeīs work. Prefer Erics style a lot more.
    Djordje is neglecting the nostalgia.
    Last edited by JimPansen; December 6, 2012 at 04:57am.

Jitsu looks awesome!!!

I do however prefer his facial features and his thumb position on the vintage figure...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Jitsu, not so much for me, Fisto yes....but Jitsu, likely will be sold off, never had him, I have no connection to him, so off to the Marketplace once I get him.

Even though I don't care for him, one thing he's got going....you never want to get into a ***** slap contest with him....damn.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't like the face sculpt as much as on Fisto, I think, they went too far away from the vintage version with the more wide facesculpt. He's not the Jitsu, I saw in comic books.

He looks good, but I think, the face is too much stylized...

That's one gorgeous face sculpt!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Excellent Review. But i have to say it now: im not a fan of Djordjeīs work. Prefer Erics style a lot more.
    Djordje is neglecting the nostalgia.
    I agree but I am in no way knocking our talented 5th Horsemen’s talents when I say that his sculpts for me clash with the sculpts of He-Man, Man-At-Arms etc. There is just a little too much detail. Which would not be a bad thing if it were not for the standard set by the original classics figures.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I like the extra effort put into these new sculpts, but I'd have to agree that Jitsu looks too old when all is said and done. He could stand to lose a few wrinkles. It's still an improvement next to old sculpts like He-man, who looks like he's had one too many facelifts. I knew this would happen as the line went on though.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I have to say I am not a big fan of the face sculpt either, it is too detailed and wrinkled and doesn't fit well with the rest of the Masters nor with the rest of Jitsu's body and armor.
    "I've lost something. I don't know what it is, but I know I haven't always felt this... sedated" - Lester Burnham

He looks great other then that flesh belly that's showing. I'm surprised he doesn't have the "Muscle T-Shirt" colored torso like so many other figures have.

Any chance of getting a picture of Rammy standing in front of either Gygor or a Shadowbeast? I'm curious how they compare in terms of width rather than height.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasuslb View Post
    I have to say I am not a big fan of the face sculpt either, it is too detailed and wrinkled and doesn't fit well with the rest of the Masters nor with the rest of Jitsu's body and armor.
    I agree...

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I agree but I am in no way knocking our talented 5th Horsemen’s talents when I say that his sculpts for me clash with the sculpts of He-Man, Man-At-Arms etc. There is just a little too much detail. Which would not be a bad thing if it were not for the standard set by the original classics figures.
    You are totally right.
    Just to clarify, i think the 5th Horsemen is an awesome sculptor, but his style is not what i like for the Classics(at least on Jitsu&Fisto).
    Its not so much the Details which i donīt like. In my opinion he moves too far away from the original design( guess its hard to temper such exeptional talent ;-) ).
    Donīt know if he did Ram Man, cause there the sculpt is based purely on the cardback art and thereby mediates a lot of nostalgia but it is detailed as well.
    I love Ram Man but Jitsu is missing the vibe for me.

Heroic Warrior
    You are totally right.
    Just to clarify, i think the 5th Horsemen is an awesome sculptor, but his style is not what i like for the Classics(at least on Jitsu&Fisto).
    Its not so much the Details which i donīt like. In my opinion he moves too far away from the original design( guess its hard to temper such exeptional talent ;-) ).
    Donīt know if he did Ram Man, cause there the sculpt is based purely on the cardback art and thereby mediates a lot of nostalgia but it is detailed as well.
    Well said, same here...

I think Jitsu is an amazing figure. . . that being said, I'm a bit disapointed that they took such a non-classic look for him. As one of the last really classic characters, I'm surprised they allowed him to turn out so not vintage. I understand the artist desire to make his work his own, but I think when it comes to these figures, the less you stray, the better, since your patrons are mostly interested in re-living the fond memories of childhood. But even still, this is an amazing figure, and I can't be too upset when he turns out so impressive.

I agree. I like both versions and would love to have this one to add to my variants shelf.

As far as Jitsu goes I only have 2 gripes. The real name "Chopper" is extremely lame. I know it is a reference to his Filmation name but it should have been winked at in the bio. His real name should have been something more Asian sounding. Secondly, I'm not a fan of the face sculpt either. If all the other figures were sculpted with the same amount of detail then cool but it just doesn't seem to fit with the other head sculpts. Maybe I'll change my mind after getting him out of the package.
    Last edited by jerec350; December 6, 2012 at 10:02am.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    I like the extra effort put into these new sculpts, but I'd have to agree that Jitsu looks too old when all is said and done. He could stand to lose a few wrinkles. It's still an improvement next to old sculpts like He-man, who looks like he's had one too many facelifts. I knew this would happen as the line went on though.
    You are totally right.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I think Jitsu is an amazing figure. . . that being said, I'm a bit disapointed that they took such a non-classic look for him. As one of the last really classic characters, I'm surprised they allowed him to turn out so not vintage. I understand the artist desire to make his work his own, but I think when it comes to these figures, the less you stray, the better, since your patrons are mostly interested in re-living the fond memories of childhood. But even still, this is an amazing figure, and I can't be too upset when he turns out so impressive.
    I thought that styling like that was more to the 200X side of things....I mean I know Fisto had detail like this, but it looks much better on Fisto. Here you have a 200X looking head on a completely Vintage body....I think now that it's mentioned that is what was off for me, that and like Fisto, his head is just a tad too small for the body. I mean I'm no fan of 200X, but, I do like some ques like, Stinkor's more cat like head, and I think possibly Buzz Off for one should have gotten a more detailed second head. So if there's going to be super detailed heads like this, just because it's a Vintage figure, then I say more detailed heads as second heads for more.

But on a second note....as much as I like Fisto, his eyes look a bit buggy, like they're popping out of his head, and as I said look at your figures and his head is just a bit too small, now Jitsu.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    His real name should have been something more Asian sounding.
    Why? He's not from Asia. Or Earth for that matter.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Why? He's not from Asia. Or Earth for that matter.
    To fit his real-earth asian-based codename. Don't be coy.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I love Djordje's work and sculpt. I think he's super talented. i understand that stylistically some of you might feel that there is too much difference between Fisto and some of the other figures of this toyline, but for me it's the opposite: the more diversity, the better. I have not been a fan of the overly vintage sculpts of figures like Buzz-off, Roboto and Clawful. My favorite sculpts are so far Bow and Fisto. ( Bow was sculpted by Djordje)

And for the records, I think that Djordje also sculpted Ram Man - me and Brian BCR duke were talking to him at the CC last summer. I cannot wait to see what figure he sculpts next!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the second head is not only a bit unnecessary, but also doesn't look right on his shoulders? There's a great big gap between his chin and the armour.
    It is not perfect that is for sure. Gap is sad gap.

I like the Jitsu figure, but as many others have said above, the head sculpt is too detailed and too exaggerated in the 200X style from the over arching brow-line to the cheekbones. He looks like Marzo who is not part of my collection for those reasons.

I'm having a real dilemma here because I cannot see not adding him to the collection. I just need to figure out how I to "fix" that noggin.