Page 123 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3676

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

The green ones are like the blue ones, they seem like a good idea but the actual choice of shade causes a problem. IF the blue on the blue He-man equipment was a bit darker it would go great with many other characters. Same with this green, if it was a darker shade it would also go great with many figures.

Everything else though looks great, Kowl, Rattlor's armor and Strobo's gun are what sold this for me. I am using other weapons and armor in those spots but these will pop more.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Weapons Pak Kowl has about the same articulation as the vintage toy then, huh? That's cool I guess, since he I won't be posing him fighting Panthor or anything.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm sad that this is the last Weapons Pak. I really like them and want more of them. They spice up teh lien.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'm sad that this is the last Weapons Pak. I really like them and want more of them. They spice up teh lien.
    Well, at least it felt clarified to the point where this is the last one for now. Maybe we'll see one down the line. And the addition of the accessories to the MOTU figures softens the blow some. But I agree, they were always fun.

Hey if we blow the sub out of the water by Tuesday morning, there could be another Weapons pack

I agree, there should be at least one more because there are still some key fan-demanded accessories that haven't been released.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Hey if we blow the sub out of the water by Tuesday morning, there could be another Weapons pack
    Let's do it!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Personally getting more new accessories with figures seems superior to weapon packs. I will admit to being a little let down with this latest one. Kowl is cool (although I can't help but think a Filmation version will come later, which is my preferred version). Rattlor's armor is cool, and Strobo's gun will be neat. The rest though, gold palace guard weapons, Hurricane Hordak and Trapjaw repaints, neon green he-man stuff...just doesn't do a lot for me.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I wish Mattel had maximized the potential of these Weapons Paks from day one, instead of sprinkling in the good stuff amongst a dearth of ill-colored and nonsensical repaints over the years. I can't say I'm sad to see the concept go, because hopefully now Mattel will only bother sneaking in the really fan-demanded items as the bonus accessories with future figures... you know, Diamond Ray of Disappearance instead of unpainted Palace Guards weapons cast in gold plastic... Horn Of Evil instead of Trap-Jaw weapons in unpainted dull Roboto silver. I like how they're presenting Goat Man- with a weapon that looks great for the villain that he is, and with a unique-tooled accessory like Staff Of Avion (the mini-comics remix). No more Clawful Mace (the 2012 Ruben remix) taking up real estate in a Weapons Pak!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I see they cheaped out on Strobo's gun! I liked the prototype way more than the finished Weapon's Pak version. Oh well...I still can't wait to get it!

Prototype gun

Weapons Pak finished gun

I like that he has two grips he can hold, now. But, yeah, the paint apps are a bit of a let down. I know they said they had to keep the apps minimal because of Kowl sucking up a lot of budget, though. I guess I can always try to apply some silver paint to the bits that are missing it.

I really like this weapons pak. It's not perfect but it has a lot of weapons that I can actually use. Let's face it, there is always "duds" in every weapons pak.

Kowl is great except for the stupid toy colors. Seriously Mattel, who's the idiot who came up with this decision? Release all of the other POP figures in Filmation/Style guide deco and then do Kowl in toy colors. Brilliant.

The Rattlor armor is of course great. Even if you aren't a 200X fan you can always give to one of the Snake Men army figures.

Netossa definitely needs her sword. I think it would look great with Frosta as well.

The Trap-Jaw and Roboto stuff is kinda a waste IMO. I'd rather have more hand-held weapons that I can use with any figure than these pieces. The silver Trap-Jaw pieces though will look good with not only Roboto but Cy-Chop. Cy-Chop needs all the help he can get.

The SLL stuff I like cause it's generic. It'll fit anyone.

The Palace guard weapons...I'll find some use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    As much as I would like a Slime Pit He-Man like Spirit of Hordak, i think the green weapons are for NA He-Man. Classic green power sword instead of the laser version and green and gold shield.
    That could be true.

I said this back during SDCC but I think the green weapons will great with Snake Face. Snake Face really needs a melee weapon too. The axe would be perfect for him. Hopefully it matches the green snakes on his helmet and arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I really like this weapons pak. It's not perfect but it has a lot of weapons that I can actually use. Let's face it, there is always "duds" in every weapons pak.

Kowl is great except for the stupid toy colors. Seriously Mattel, who's the idiot who came up with this decision? Release all of the other POP figures in Filmation/Style guide deco and then do Kowl in toy colors. Brilliant.

The Rattlor armor is of course great. Even if you aren't a 200X fan you can always give to one of the Snake Men army figures.

Netossa definitely needs her sword. I think it would look great with Frosta as well.

The Trap-Jaw and Roboto stuff is kinda a waste IMO. I'd rather have more hand-held weapons that I can use with any figure than these pieces. The silver Trap-Jaw pieces though will look good with not only Roboto but Cy-Chop. Cy-Chop needs all the help he can get.

That could be true.

I said this back during SDCC but I think the green weapons will great with Snake Face. Snake Face really needs a melee weapon too. The axe would be perfect for him. Hopefully it matches the green snakes on his helmet and arms.
    You can also use the silver TJ weapons for Horde Prime, so that is pretty cool.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

That could be true.

The Kowl colors have really grown on me, I sort of prefer having him with toy colors, even though as a kid I always wanted filmation colors.

The gold palace guard weapons are supposed to be for granymyr to hoard, but I'd have preferred a different deco or weapon in their stead.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    I see they cheaped out on Strobo's gun! I liked the prototype way more than the finished Weapon's Pak version. Oh well...I still can't wait to get it!

Prototype gun
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...9&d=1376787436

Weapons Pak finished gun
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0&d=1376787436
    that really sucks !
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I would have rather had more paint deco than Kowl, but I know I'm in the minority there. I wonder if the green He-Man sword was meant to have a gold hilt like the NA sword. The theory of this stuff being alternate weapons for NA He-Man makes a lot of sense, and if that was the case, I bet that some gold paint apps would have been the intended deco.

I like the Trap Jaw stuff painted silver. But I don't think they're necessarily meant for Roboto, but for Horde Prime! They left out the blue paint apps on them, which means they'll go well with HP.

Netossa's sword will end up being held by Frosta on my shelf, as I didn't keep Netossa.

I also really like the idea that the green He-Man gear matches the green snake on the Rattlor armor. Hm, maybe one will bash together a snakeman, the Snake MAA head sans helmet, put some He-Man hair on him, and then the WP green gear and Rattlor armor. Snake He-Man!

Strobo's gun doesn't get me too upset. I've grown comfortable enough with my paintbrush to make some additions if it really bothers me when it's in my hands.

Speaking of paint, that Laser Lot shield needs a wash or something to pop out those details. The sword and mace look great. Awesome generic weapons.

Which segues into the Palace Guard gear in gold. I like the idea that they're Granamyr's treasure, but I also just like having generic weapons. Not everyone can have legendary gear.

If I'm forgetting anything, it'll probably end up in a drawer...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I wish Mattel had maximized the potential of these Weapons Paks from day one, instead of sprinkling in the good stuff amongst a dearth of ill-colored and nonsensical repaints over the years.
    I agree, and find it quite frustrating, that Mattel didn't release Weapons all fans would go crazy for in the Weapons Paks. They give us a handful of requests, and then fill the rest of the packs up with random (usually crazy coloured) stuff. It doesn't make any sense to me! Here on the .org, MattyCollector and a few other boards, there are hundreds of pages of requests that are repaints. I mean, why not pick out of the repaint requests, instead of making crazy coloured stuff that doesn't go over very well? I love the Weapons Paks. They had the potential to be super amazing, but usually come off as "okay." That being said, I'm buying a few of this one because of Kowl (in case we don't get Kowla and Red Eye ).

Here's a short list of straight re-paint accessories people have been asking for, for YEARS!:

- Scareglow's full glow-in-the-dark halberd
    - Leo Faker armour and Skeletor's staff
    - Teela's red shield (we got her Snake Armour, sword and staff...but not her shield)
    - She-Ra's shield in silver
    - BG Evil-Lyn's cape in blue for regular Evil-Lyn
    - Keldor's cape in different colours
    - Spell blasts in different colours (we have one with Castaspella that could be re-coloured now)
    - 200X sword in Faker colours...King He-Man's in Faker colours would look really awesome too.

This is a short list off the top of my head.

EDIT: Added the Faker stuff.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 18, 2013 at 04:26pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

That's been by main problem with the weapon repaints. It's not that they repainted them, it's the color choice. The stuff just doesn't go with anyone, like the almost pink Zodac gear that just doesn't go with anyone. There are times when it almost works, faceless one's body minus the cape but there is still enough purple in him to make it not look as good as it could have.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    That's been by main problem with the weapon repaints. It's not that they repainted them, it's the color choice. The stuff just doesn't go with anyone, like the almost pink Zodac gear that just doesn't go with anyone. There are times when it almost works, faceless one's body minus the cape but there is still enough purple in him to make it not look as good as it could have.
    I agree, the color choices are weird. The Teela stuff from the last Pak has 3 different red tones... The Carnivous weapons have two different ble tones... Why not simply mold those weapons in one color? I hope we'll see some nice MATCHING weapons in the next year...

I've got a metric ton of super-timely Fighting Foe Men pics up at the fwoosh if you are interested:

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/09/motuc-f...ghting-foe-men

My apologies to anyone who clicked on this thread hoping for some cool first look and got a link to old and unpopular figures.

Beautiful photos of the best motu package of the year. Only unpopular amongst a small vocal minority, who created a false controversy with repetitive posts.
    I still haven't done anything with mine, I just marvel at them on the shelf. I have ideas (in fact, their entire preternian background), just need to start snapping pics.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Only unpopular amongst a small vocal minority, who created a false controversy with repetitive posts.
    Correct. Great figs, and great pics Matt!!!

I think the backstory did not do them any favors, but the figures are really great. They might have also been better off as exclusives.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    I think he looks more like Arnold Vosloo. :P

Attachment 87260
    yep, me too!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Awesome! For my money, FFM were some of the coolest figures we got this year.