Page 104 of 148 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3676

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Give him Fang Man's head which people feel isn't detailed enough. Perfect balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Why? He's not from Asia. Or Earth for that matter.
    Um, Jitsu? That is very much Asian, so why would it be so hard to get why his real name could have been Asian? Chou Pah,
    or something would have been preferable, it would have sounded like Chopper, but been a better fit to look at.

Not to mention Chopper sounds like a nick name, Chopp-Or than a real name. I am waiting for there to be a PJD or OCC bike as an accessory,
    that he rides around an empty Snake Mt.

I mean come on, Netossa's name is Vivian....Vivian, that just screams Fresh Prince to me....and she is Etherian, not and Earthling or an Eternian....

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Give him Fang Man's head which people feel isn't detailed enough. Perfect balance.
    No one thinks anything Filmation is detailed enough, even if it had ultimate 4H sculpting and was more detailed than a 4h unique figure,
    Beast Man or Rattlor, it still wouldn't have enough detail for people, simply because it's Filmation.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 6, 2012 at 01:36pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Jitsu is looking killer; I'm really excited to add this guy to the ranks of Skeletor and to have him take over Snake Mountain!

I do kinda wish that both he and Fisto had had the ability to swap their augmented hands with normal ones, allowing us to depict them as they were before their injuries.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    His real name should have been something more Asian sounding.
    How about Choppsi Chingminga ?

Not a fan of him. But hey, getting 3 via SUB ! Atleast 1 will be kicked outta my home.
    Last edited by TUC138; December 6, 2012 at 05:48pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Jitsu is looking killer; I'm really excited to add this guy to the ranks of Skeletor and to have him take over Snake Mountain!

I do kinda wish that both he and Fisto had had the ability to swap their augmented hands with normal ones, allowing us to depict them as they were before their injuries.
    I used an extra TP He-Man buck and some extra Demo-Man stuff to make his pre-injury self, granted he's more redish than purple, but hey it was before his trauma, he was an armored warrior.

And he traded in his small fist and huge sword for a huge fist and small sword. I had and extra TP He-Man buck and accessories lying around, I was bored, and this is what I came up with, he's not a custom, just a mix and match of parts.

Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 6, 2012 at 02:04pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I think Jitsu looks amazing!

BTW, Nice Dragstor custom shadowfall1976!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Sorry guys, BUT how can you not like the detail on Jitsu? The sculpt is incredible, he looks like an ancient samurai warrior that has seen it ALL. I love the "older/wiser" look, it works very well for Jitsu.

PLEASE Matty... give us a "cardback" Ram Man for the next traveling convention exclusive. The only thing better than Ram Man at this point is MORE Ram Man.

Holy CRAP Shadowfall1976 that Dragstor Custom is amazing!! Well done sir, the finished product turned out great.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

For me the non vac-metal hand is more of a departure than the head. But regardless, I love the look of this figure. Looking forward to rounding out my collection with this guy. I'm literally stunned that people are bashing this figure all of a sudden. He fits in perfectly imo. It's best that they dump the weird asian stereotype features the vintage figure had.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Why? He's not from Asia. Or Earth for that matter.
    But he's called "Jitsu", as in Jiu Jitsu which is Japanese. His code name sounds Asian so his real name should be somewhat Asian sounding as well in my opinion. "Chopper" should have been mentioned in the bio just as "Flipshot" was in Icarius'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    How about Choppsi Chingmiga ?
    I prefer Moo Goo Gai Pan - Evil Stir Fry Chef serving Skeletor.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Sorry guys, BUT how can you not like the detail on Jitsu? The sculpt is incredible, he looks like an ancient samurai warrior that has seen it ALL. I love the "older/wiser" look, it works very well for Jitsu.

PLEASE Matty... give us a "cardback" Ram Man for the next traveling convention exclusive. The only thing better than Ram Man at this point is MORE Ram Man.

Holy CRAP Shadowfall1976 that Dragstor Custom is amazing!! Well done sir, the finished product turned out great.
    And there you are totally right. He looks indeed like an ancient samurai warrior that has seen it ALL, but not like Jitsu.
    Its like getting only a 200X head this time.

Nevermind im happy to get an awesome Ram Man soon.
    Last edited by JimPansen; December 6, 2012 at 03:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpansen View Post
    excellent review. But i have to say it now: Im not a fan of djordje´s work. Prefer erics style a lot more.
    Djordje is neglecting the nostalgia.http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...a3ymo4_250.gif

I've already expressed my feeling about the head sculpt and am glad I'm not in the minority . Atleast he'll look good next to Fisto.
    Last edited by King Criss79; December 6, 2012 at 05:18pm.

Is there any shading on fistos tan/flesh tone body? I am not a fan of the Gray highlights on his hair/beard. It is just too light/much of a contrast with the black, and it also makes him look less like the vintage figure. The tiny head and detailed face sculpt do that enough already.

Jistu is such an amazing turnaround in terms of my interests! As a kid I mostly used him as a catapult and I was inordinately annoyed with how his handguard was backwards (I mean, what normal kid would bother to be irritated with that?). I mean, I liked him, but he was not that high on my list of figures I couldn't wait to see in this line.

Now I'm friggin' GEEKED for 'em! There was no way for this to go wrong, really. He's still got that awesome sword, but now it's FINALLY fixed, and heck, there are some extra weapons too! And DAT HAND...oh man. Perfect. Exactly what I wanted: A mix of the old hand and the new one. Just the right amounts of both.

If I could ask for anything, it would only be his 200X belt. And heck, I wouldn't even mind that it's missing if they hadn't mentioned that he takes over Snake Mountain after Skeletor. THAT is what makes that belt more important, because it's a perfect item to add to make him look more like Emperor Jitsu.

Ah well, I still cannot wait for him!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    I think Jitsu looks amazing!

BTW, Nice Dragstor custom shadowfall1976!
    Thanks, it's still a WIP, I have to finish the engine pack, I'm modifying the pack section of TP He-Man for it, and it
    was the only pic I had handy of my "(Pre Injury) Fisto" mix and match, so he happened to be in it.

And my sons Peter Venkman gave his pack cord for the tubes in his chest, the tube broke right off both the pack and gun, I replaced it with black string....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Jitsu and Ram Man. Two figures I wasn't really keen on getting at all... now very much highly anticipated. They both came out AMAZING 2013 is off to a great start! Looking forward to the Netossa first look...

Heroic Warrior
    I love Jitsu. Always have.

I hate the scraggly beard on the Classics figure though. It should've been a nice well-groomed, full bodied bouffant on his chin.

I was going to make him a good guy in my MOTUCverse but Dekker arrived and took that spot. He and Dekker will have at it as soon as Jitsu gets here. I can't wait.

Ram Man is cool too.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Better this detailed Jitsu head, than an exact repeat of his vintage head. That head makes this figure even more awesome!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I like Jitsu a lot but wish he would have more modern influences. The fumanchu out however it's spelled, would've been better. There is so much stuff the 4H did with the 200X Stuff that adds depth and characterization but Mattel keeps peeing all over their improvements. It seems like three corporate folks don't like that contractors did some amazing stuff with their property. I don't need hyper-detail but I love individualism and only so much can be done with repainted parts.

Ram Man is excellent, but my one complaint is the fact his eyes are closed. I would have preferred something more neutral or aggressive. But he is still one of three best figures thus far.

The Captivating Beauty is next up in our First Look marathon! Come check out Netossa:

http://wp.me/p12o0s-8aE
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Better this detailed Jitsu head, than an exact repeat of his vintage head. That head makes this figure even more awesome!
    Thank you, my thoughts exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I'm so amazed at how well Netossa has turned out she is stunning! Now if the 4H and Matty can keep up the good work and bring some of the other Rebellion out come on Glimmer, Queen Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Madame Razz.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

I think jitsu looks fan-frickin-tastic. He is truly 2013's Fisto and why shouldn't he be, he's his arch nemesis. Now granted, I could do without the two tonfa weapons, I think an over sized samurai sword or a straight ninja sword to match fisto's, but other than that. Perfect.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Netossa is nothing short of superb. I never owned her as a kid and she's as exciting as a brand new, never-seen before character! The cape has to go though, I'll make her a real cloth cape. That picture on the Fwoosh wihere she tries to capture moskitor is awkward as the net is too thick and doesnt bend. She really deserved fabric! I will buy two Netossas and turn one into an Ororo /Storm custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Netossa is incredible. That is one of the most striking figures in the line, and the face is a new high watermark for the 4H.

I don't care if you HATE pop - you have to admit that this huntress looks awesome.

Good for Scott, design, and Ruben for delivering on the thicker cape too.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Agreed!! I think Jitsu's head is incredible. It's reminiscent of both the vintage and the 200X staction heads. Well done!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Netossa looks fantastic! ...that said, I'm still in the group that would have really liked (and was looking forward to) a weapon. Hopefully they can work something out, but with how close they are sticking to classic stuff with PoP, I'm assuming all we may get is the blue sword somewhere in a weapons pack (would really have liked appear for her, but oh well).

I am looking forward to her though, and she's as cool looking as I hoped she would be! Still, one question: are her arms restricted by the blue things on her sides?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.