Page 105 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3983

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

I don't get all the Netossa love. The review sample had issues with the cape and after seeing her without it, I finally get why people were complaining about the wings. I defended the decision before, as it looks like the Filmation design and was meant to be an extention of the cape placed where it wouldn't hinder head movement, but now I just can't. I don't hate PoP at all but it feels like the latest offerings just aren't as strong as the vintage MotU. My collection will not feel empty without her and Frosta in the ranks. They just aren't up to par with the likes of Shadow Weaver, Teela, TOD Sorceress, Catra, or even She-ra 2.0.
    BTW, never was a huge Jitsu fan but love the new figure....although I don't get the need for the extra weapons. Love Ram Man too but don't see the need for the extra head. These are the things that bug me about the line sometimes. Characters that don't need the extras get them....but those that seriously need them don't. Anyway, great reviews and pictures none the less.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Netossa looks stunning! I'm glad the face has remained unchanged from the prototype. She really needs her spear, sword and headgear now.

Jitsu seriously looks cool - I love the expression and the wrinkles. I agree his head could have been slightly bigger, but it doesn't matter.

Two great figures coming our way.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Sorry guys, BUT how can you not like the detail on Jitsu? The sculpt is incredible, he looks like an ancient samurai warrior that has seen it ALL. I love the "older/wiser" look, it works very well for Jitsu.
    I know what you mean mate, I shocked to see a few people actually say they don't like the Jitsu head sculpt, I wish we got more heads this detailed.

PLEASE Matty... give us a "cardback" Ram Man for the next traveling convention exclusive. The only thing better than Ram Man at this point is MORE Ram Man.
    Great idea mate, I think this may be the best way to do the "cardback" Ram Man, no need to give is the unhelmeted head again give us a new second second head like you did with Strobo/Zodak
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Wow!! Netossa turned out so beautiful. Best female face sculpt so far, she is stunning. I actually like her better without her cape on.

I don't really care about the detail on Jitsu's head... for me, I think the head's too small (in proportion to his body, and of course the giant hand makes it look even more odd). I'm not complaining though - because I really don't care that much about the character, and will probably pass. But I just wanted to add the size issue (as opposed to the "detail") that's what makes him look weird to me.

I tend to like the "fatter" or "rounder" heads on these figures, rather than "long" and "pinched". I actually have found that the same designer/sculptor is behind all of the heads I like the least So it's obviously an aesthetic choice of that person, but doesn't appeal to me.
    Now Showing
    Tung Lashor
    Coming Attractions
    Gwildor

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of Jitsu - never was. But his figure looks very good. The only thing I would have changed would be the colour of the mechanical glove. I don't like that yellowish gold tone.

BTW he really could have used a staction inspired belt like the one Fisto got.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I don't get all the Netossa love. The review sample had issues with the cape and after seeing her without it, I finally get why people were complaining about the wings. I defended the decision before, as it looks like the Filmation design and was meant to be an extention of the cape placed where it wouldn't hinder head movement, but now I just can't. I don't hate PoP at all but it feels like the latest offerings just aren't as strong as the vintage MotU. My collection will not feel empty without her and Frosta in the ranks. They just aren't up to par with the likes of Shadow Weaver, Teela, TOD Sorceress, Catra, or even She-ra 2.0.
    BTW, never was a huge Jitsu fan but love the new figure....although I don't get the need for the extra weapons. Love Ram Man too but don't see the need for the extra head. These are the things that bug me about the line sometimes. Characters that don't need the extras get them....but those that seriously need them don't. Anyway, great reviews and pictures none the less.
    Good point, some second heads or accessories are pointless, when Mattel could put stuff in with the figures, which can be used better with other figures. Demo Man and Strobo are good examples.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Good point, some second heads or accessories are pointless, when Mattel could put stuff in with the figures, which can be used better with other figures. Demo Man and Strobo are good examples.
    Looking at Dekker I can't shake off the thought that a different character's head could have been included. That young Dekker head feels so superflous
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I don't really care about the detail on Jitsu's head... for me, I think the head's too small (in proportion to his body, and of course the giant hand makes it look even more odd). I'm not complaining though - because I really don't care that much about the character, and will probably pass. But I just wanted to add the size issue (as opposed to the "detail") that's what makes him look weird to me.

I tend to like the "fatter" or "rounder" heads on these figures, rather than "long" and "pinched". I actually have found that the same designer/sculptor is behind all of the heads I like the least So it's obviously an aesthetic choice of that person, but doesn't appeal to me.
    Same here, it's not about the wrinkles, it's about the design of the head itself. The more rounded heads look better with the MOTUC bucks. For me, his head looks too extreme in comparison to He-Man, Kronis, Dekker, Sy-Klone...

I could care less about Netossa. Not a fan of her character so she'll go to back of my display. I hate that her net is made from the same material as Leech's net. My Leech arrived with the net torn and my replacement did too.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Excited to get Jitsu and convinced to keep Netossa! Thanks Veebs!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Netossa is the best looking female figure in the line. Her face is BEAT to PERFECTION!!!! <3
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

yep she's gorgeous. just wish they had her head dress too. my only qualm is that. wish they scrapped ram man's and dekker's alternate heads and gave netossa one instead. I still want an original netossa, but I don't see that EVER happening!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I actually love Frosta, she is my favorite female behind Teela & Sorceress.

Netossa however not at the top, only thing she's got going is she has what colors Frosta should have had.

Jitsu, not really for me, Ram Man....absolutely no need for his second hear to me, it looks off.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

yeah, I'm not really hyped about this figure at all. I think maybe it's due to that weird cape? I was happy to get Frosta, but I think this one may be going into storage as soon as I get her--all the glory is going to Ram-Man in Jan anyways for me

I'll admit, Netossa does look great.

It's a shame that she got so much love while Frosta got the shaft.

I personally think she looks MUCH better without that stupid cape. I'll have to come up with a new name and gimmick for her. Throwing your cape on opponents isn't a gimmick IMO.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    The Captivating Beauty is next up in our First Look marathon! Come check out Netossa:

http://wp.me/p12o0s-8aE
    NOOOOOOOOO! The same material as Leech's net? They swore it would be different. Neither of my leech nets lasted more than a couple of weeks and they were never played with. Just crumbled. Very worried about this.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Netossa looks great, but I think she actually looks way better without that weird flat cape on.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Netossa looks great, but I think she actually looks way better without that weird flat cape on.
    The cape, and if those wings or whatever came off of her head.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

One of the least desirable figures of the entire line for me. There is just...nothing I find remotely appealing about this one. She'll be going up for sale immediately.

That said, she deserves her monthly slot, and it's good that PoP fans can add another GR member to their ranks.

Heroic Warrior
    What are you people doing to your leech nets? Mine is fine and I've hemmed Adora to the wall a couple of times.

I think Neotossa might be the most boring figure in the line. The face looks nice, but not worthy of the slavish praise being thrown its way.

Easily one of my least desired figure so far. And I actually liked the Star Sisters when I had them in hand. Same for Frosta.

But Neotossa clearly looks like an exercise in mediocrity to me.

Congrats to those who like the figure though. At least Ram Man comes out the same month for me.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I'm mostly into this line for the POP and some of the other ladies. Netossa has a really nice face sculpt, but she doesn't seem like an interesting figure to me. She's the first POP girl I'll easily pass on. Frosta's one of my favourite figures, despite the gray colouring.

I never liked Ram Man anyway, but Jitsu looks really cool.

Can't stop starring at those weird wing things flying around her head for no reason... They really throw her off and they look ten times worse when the cape is removed. I'm not going to be able to properly enjoy this figure until Mattel releases a headdress that makes those crazy non-nonsensical head fans appear to obey the laws of gravity!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think Netossa looks great, agree, she needed more in the accessory department. And her tiara. heck they could have done a second head with her with the tiara if they wanted, and that would have been great. Much better than the 2nd head coming with Ram-Man, which is probably going in almost everyone's parts bin.

I think part of the problem is that Netossa is a pretty darn obscure character when it comes to PoP. There are many more important characters that have not come yet that it seems really weird to be getting Netossa now. Still she looks nice, I'll be keeping her and all that.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!