Page 111 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3856

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

It's the "they killed Prime" thing all over again isn't it?

Plus they said He-Man defeated Skeletor....is he dead too? Now it's a 4-Back....

2 good, 2 bad, now the final show down begins, who will reign supreme as the last surviving member?
    Due to MAA's many gas-guzzling gizmos, carbon emissions on Eternia skyrocket. The polar caps melt and the sea level rises, allowing Mer-Man and his ocean brethren to finally rule Eternia!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    They're just moving the story forward and setting it up for the 'future' Son of He-Man era. Those characters will always be alive in the 'present'. People live, people die, we can't expect everyone in the franchise to be alive after 50 years of battle or whatever.
    I'm just saying, let's vote the crap characters off the island first
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    gold wife beater, it's for the WWE appearance and crossover special. it will make more sense when we see it, but basically Adam fuses with Hulkamania, but keep reading the bios.
    Ha! That was what my wife said when I showed her the Glorious Golden Wifebeater. I dunno why I didn't think of Hulk Hogan but now I can't unsee it!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    King He man looks awesome and cant wait to get him allways knew He man would one day become King.
    I never really expected that. I always felt Adora would take the throne; she's a trained warrior, former force captain, former head of the Great Rebellion, and is a proven leader. Adam always struck me as being far more comfortable being the planet's greatest hero than being a ruler, and I think the former role suits him better.

Regardless, I am going to try to pick up King He-Man (missed the BBTS pre-order, dang it!). The figure does look good, and actually tells a story all by himself with all the details put into him. The review here basically erased any doubts I might have had about getting him.

The Strobo review was also informative, as it's the first time I've really seen the mirror actually being used, and just how reflective it really is. I actually recall the story that was his one and only appearance, and always thought he was a figure in development that just never got around to being made. Nice that he finally is making it into figure form.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Ha! That was what my wife said when I showed her the Glorious Golden Wifebeater. I dunno why I didn't think of Hulk Hogan but now I can't unsee it!
    And then he will spray paint his beard black and become Hollywood He-man.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Strobo looks awesome! Can't wait for the Snake Face review!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

WOW! King He-Man is a fantastic figure!

Glad to see Strobo is coming to fruition.I was one of the few who voted for him when they had the mini-comic poll over a year ago.The Zodak head looks great btw.Is that Eric's work?Bring on Snake-face review!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    As always, thanks for the kind words, guys. King He-Man is kind of growing me.

Up next we reflect on Strobo!

http://wp.me/p12o0s-8Yn

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...snake-face.jpg
    How's the quality on strobo?

No construction issues to speak of. There might be some *slight* silver paint bleed on the side of his helmet, but it is minimal and will vary figure to figure.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    One of the things I've always disappointed with this OLDHE-MAN is his Non-Removable Cape ! A removable option would have helped us to avoid the "full blue" scheme on him. It would be interesting see if the cape part is actually glued with the armour OR it’s a one solid piece ! Veebs, Can you help on this ????

Also, How close his skin tone matches with figures like King Grayskull & regular He-Man (I hope Pixel Dan reads this as well) ???

As for Strobo, Liked everything about him (apart from his Orb-Stand solid piece issue) !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

The cape and armor are one piece, I am afraid. Also, the skin tones are pretty close, the King He-Man plastic might be slightly more peach with fewer hints of brown than the other two, but it really is pretty close.

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I wasn't too fussed on King He-Man when he was announced, but he does look pretty cool. Would have been good to have his armour all worn like the sword is.

Never liked Strobo. Sy-Klone and Zodac are two of the most boring figures for me and an amalgamation of the two is just... meh. Although I do like the ZoBlack head. If I hadn't gotten rid of my original ZoBlack I'd probably pick him up just for that.

So, since I am a big fan of getting unique characters, I decided from the very beginning that I wanted to use the Zodak head included with Strobo for a custom of a Classicized version of his brother, Zeelahr. Yeah, he was just a plot device as snake food to fuel Zodak's hate of the Snake Men, but he makes for a decent figure. Plus, I am pretty sure Matty is not going to get around to making him.

Pretty simple: Zodak body with Marzo legs and collar cut from his cape, the Strobo Zodak head and a cape from the MU Thor that came with the Frost Giant. No paint, no fuss.

Before half of this duo became a feast for Snakes...

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Nice work!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I really think I may display King He-Man with the gold wife beater look and place him on the Greyskull throne surrounded by the acceories that came with the Strange Brew figures that came out about ten years ago which I have in storage! Dabnamit Teela? Fetch me another beer!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Already started making a custom Zeelhar several days ago. All I need is the head & find out how to make his robes.

anyone know how to make clothing like capes, cloths & armor for custom figures?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    Are you freaking kidding me? Strobo's meteor and stand is 1 PIECE!!!

great reviews btw.
    A very stupid way to manage accesories...

Very dissapointing...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    Why is his lip drooping? I don't think I can fix that. Is it maybe a continuation of his scar? my heart sank a little after I noticed that, or rather had it pointed out.
    Not everything in this world has to be symmetrical. It looks like he's making an intense face where the lip on one side of his face is lower than the other. Go stand in front of the mirror and make some intense faces. Eventually you'll come up with something similar. There's nothing to fix.
    It would be a different story if he WAS making an intense face. He has no expression! The droop makes his face look weak, like an old tired dog.

Plus, now that we can see a side by side comparison to a REAL He-man head, my concerns of another shrunken-head are confirmed. Is Eric letting someone else sculpt these? First Jitsu and now King He-man? Ugh.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    No droopy lip on the prototype:

So it's most probably not intentional. I guess something went during the molding process.
    Let's see how other's King He-Men turned out...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    It would be a different story if he WAS making an intense face. He has no expression! The droop makes his face look weak, like an old tired dog.

Plus, now that we can see a side by side comparison to a REAL He-man head, my concerns of another shrunken-head are confirmed. Is Eric letting someone else sculpt these? First Jitsu and now King He-man? Ugh.
    Yeah, I don't like the stroke lip either, Plus, all they had to do was take the old He-Man head and sculpt a beard and mustache on it, then retool the hair to have a crown.... I would have preferred that to an all new head, I mean yeah he's older, but it's still He-Man, and it's very doubtful that he'd still be ripped but lose mass in his head....So the head is he least favorite thing of mine. They still managed though however deformed looking managed to make the NA head look like He-Man, but not this one?

Plus the droop lip wasn't as bad on the prototype, it was barely noticeable, still there, but barely, now it's more exaggerated, and looks worse. If that was a battle scar, I'd be known as King Lipless....because I'd cut the damn thing off....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snake Face has slithered his way into our Latest First look, and he is the cream of the crop for this round. Check him out!

http://wp.me/p12o0s-8Yp

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Snake Face has slithered his way into our Latest First look, and he is the cream of the crop for this round. Check him out!
    The most amazing Snake Man of them all!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

All of The Fwoosh First Look figures look great!
    King He-Man is no doubt going to take some getting used to, visually. There are some things I would have done differently- more detailed armor (something more akin to King Randor's), one less color, and something different for the crotch. The "H" that they did there bugs me almost as much as the asterick on the 2002 armor, for some reason. But I love his fur-trimmed hoodie cape, think the head sculpt is pretty cool, like that he uses the He-Ro boots as king, and love the accessories.
    It still stings knowing Strobo's gun got cut, but otherwise I think he's going to be an instant favorite once I have him in hand.
    And Snake Face looks badass... I'm not sure I would have changed a thing. I even like that he's more human from the waist down... he gets more and more snakish and gruesome from the waist up... don't know if that was intentional, but I dig it!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Snake Face looks totally awesome - my most wanted figure for ages! I cannot wait to get him, he just looks so evil!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

The detail on SnakeFace is awesome! I Had no idea it was that unique. Does the texture cover his upper body as well? Do you have any pictures without the armor on?