Page 117 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3784

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I don't get people not liking NA. Just like all MOTU, there is no real cannon, you can make it what you want in your head. The character designs and horsemen sculpts are so good, just re-tell the story for yourself. The toon has it's charms, and Jack Olesker had mentioned once in an interview that the intent was to have the story return to Eternia in the second season. He also hated that Battle cat and Orko were not included by Mattel.
    I don't like NA because I don't like the story, I don't like what they did with He-Man....it's hard to overlook what was the main focus of the story....I don't like the Classics figures or want them because I have no connection to them, or the just look too bad to me. I think Karatti is one of the ugliest Classics made, and that's my opinion. Optikk is nothing special, Icarius is OK, but I don't really care for him, Slush Head is alright too, but I don't like the figure much aside from a few things....so very easy pass for me. Not to say they were not well sculpted, because they were, they're just not for me.

And it's the same with many of the already released figures....I don't like Marzo, Carnivus, Clawful, Megator, Gygor, Vykron....etc....but NA has a tow-fold dislike for me, characters I can't get behind, and a cartoon I never cared for, I tried to watch it, but can't stand it....same goes for 200X with me too. I'm not a completetist, I want figures I like and can appreciate, no matter how good the Horsemen do....doesn't mean I'll like every figure.

I like what I like....I don't get the hate for POP other than once being a girls line, but to each their own. I like the POP figures, but have no desire to own Bow....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

i prefer the proto head. not my image.

Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Is something wrong with the face of the ponytail head? Like, the jawline.
    Looks like NA He-man either has a tumor along his jawline or he chews a massive wad of chewing tobacco. lol.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Look at the bio....it even says it (maybe it's following comic canon?)

But I had heard a few times from people that he gave up being Adam when he left Eternia....I know, he came out to his parents....um...about being He-Man that is

Then, what I saw was he became He-Man, left, something happened and no more Adam....maybe the cartoon was where he could turn back into Adam....I don't know, but I still don't like NA....
    In the original four NA mini-comics, Adam permanently transformed into He-Man in front of Skeletor. Skeletor was fried from the energy and needed cybernetic parts to survive.

However, Jetlag (aka the NA cartoon) retained Adam transforming into He-Man, with Master Sebrian as the only one who knew his secret. Adam is posing as Sebrian's biblical-looking nephew, a merchant from Flipshot's floating city of Levitan.

Classics cannon brings back the idea of Adam permanently becoming He-Man. No crazy excuses to the Heroic Warriors/Masters about where is Adam.

I don't get people not liking NA. Just like all MOTU, there is no real cannon, you can make it what you want in your head. The character designs and horsemen sculpts are so good, just re-tell the story for yourself. The toon has it's charms, and Jack Olesker had mentioned once in an interview that the intent was to have the story return to Eternia in the second season. He also hated that Battle cat and Orko were not included by Mattel.
    NA is seen as a radical stylistic departure since He-Man is so scrawny looking and the Galactic Protectors look like Joes instead of parts re-using Eternian warriors. This attitude is as prevalent as POP getting ridiculed because of it's girly original toyline or how 200X's focus groups put anime angles and influences on the 4H's over detailed MOTU characters. The Jetlag cartoon was also different from Filmation...Skeletor had eyeballs and the voices were entirely different from what kids were used to.

When I learned about NA, I was thrilled that He-Man had returned! I thought that franchise had died and was gone forever.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Looks like NA He-man either has a tumor along his jawline or he chews a massive wad of chewing tobacco. lol.
    I see it as a severely broken unrepaired jaw.

At least he has 2 heads. If his jaw is that messed up (making the pics accurate) then I will just use the helmet head (barring any crazy paint apps).

Seriously though, sometimes I am hesitant to point stuff like that out here and I appreciate you and others taking it with good humor.

When I notice something like that, I want to know if I am seeing it correctly. If others have one, might as well ask them versus waiting. If I end up having to wait to find out, then it is what it is.

I am not trying to lessen any other fan's enjoyment of the figure or through dirt in the face of those who bring us the line or anything of that nature. Yes I am thankful to get cool action figures from Mattel, but not enough to write them a blank check of support to the point of refusing to see or question things I notice and have questions about. That's something I think is fair.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    i prefer the proto head. not my image.

http://i.imgur.com/Rph3p.jpg
    Yeah, I want to know what happened to that head. The production version is pretty close, except for the jaw. The jaw looks like someone picked up a Plasticine sculpt and got squish marks in it...and they made the mold without fixing it. :S

Still love the figure though and am excited for the two I'll be getting!

P.S. What's up with the turbine on the back of his helmet? So weird...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm excited regardless. Can't wait.

But...

Is his jaw injured, left untreated, becomes infected and has to be operated(poorly) on THUS resulting in the scar and droopy lip!!!
    Last edited by stprime; May 15, 2013 at 06:35pm.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    P.S. What's up with the turbine on the back of his helmet? So weird...
    Well you see, the new form of the Power Sword isn't as conductive of electricity as the classic style, so He-Man needed some new flashy pyrotechnics to pump up the holding-his-sword-aloft thing. Especially since he doesn't need to transform anymore! Everyone knows it's He-Man, but who wants to know he's there by him just showing up and fighting? Enter the turbine helmet! The thing whips up a huge blast of fire and sparkles as he raises his sword into the air and simultaenously cooks a mean steak for all the bystanders when the fighting is over. You'll also notice all the armor is sporting way more tech than any armor needs (especially since it only covers his chest) so you can chalk that up to the sound system installed in it to give him his theme music. This is a He-Man that has learned the ways of marketing himself to the highest degree!

...that, or it's a jet turbine for SUPER HEADBUTTS I dunno.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Well you see, the new form of the Power Sword isn't as conductive of electricity as the classic style, so He-Man needed some new flashy pyrotechnics to pump up the holding-his-sword-aloft thing. Especially since he doesn't need to transform anymore! Everyone knows it's He-Man, but who wants to know he's there by him just showing up and fighting? Enter the turbine helmet! The thing whips up a huge blast of fire and sparkles as he raises his sword into the air and simultaenously cooks a mean steak for all the bystanders when the fighting is over. You'll also notice all the armor is sporting way more tech than any armor needs (especially since it only covers his chest) so you can chalk that up to the sound system installed in it to give him his theme music. This is a He-Man that has learned the ways of marketing himself to the highest degree!

...that, or it's a jet turbine for SUPER HEADBUTTS I dunno.
    OMG, too funny! You're the best.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Good, I'm glad you said that 'cause I was going to as well.

*ahem* WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Good fuggin' GOD I love this figure! Can't see any problems that'll bother me when I get 'em. It's everything I loved about the original figure with added bonus details 'n all that.

OKAY...now to try and forget he exists again 'cause there's still a month and a half between me and sweet armored neon insanity.
    I am in complete agreement with you Alexx!

He-Man looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! I want this figure so badly!

Man! The 4H did a bang-up job on this one, yet again! The only thing I raised an eyebrow about is the chest harness..... it looks slightly loose in these pics...

ARRRRGGHH, there are SO many awesome NA characters!! We need more of them each year Mattel!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Seriously though, sometimes I am hesitant to point stuff like that out here and I appreciate you and others taking it with good humor.

When I notice something like that, I want to know if I am seeing it correctly. If others have one, might as well ask them versus waiting. If I end up having to wait to find out, then it is what it is.

I am not trying to lessen any other fan's enjoyment of the figure or through dirt in the face of those who bring us the line or anything of that nature. Yes I am thankful to get cool action figures from Mattel, but not enough to write them a blank check of support to the point of refusing to see or question things I notice and have questions about. That's something I think is fair.
    A lot of us noticed his production jaw was misaligned compared to the proto when they were both shown side by side at toyfare was it? It seems that all he-man variants are doomed to have a warped face. Lots of us said things about it, just like with King He-Man's lip, but nothing was done about it. This may be able to be fixed by heating his jaw and pushing it into place. Maybe He-bro or Hunter Knight can do a video.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    This may be able to be fixed by heating his jaw and pushing it into place. Maybe He-bro or Hunter Knight can do a video.
    That might work.

The only thing I could come up with was exacto knife shaving, but that would've likely left a flat line on his face.

I think you folks are forgetting that the face doesn't look warped from the side. You start shaving things off and whatdoya get from the side view?

Big point here is that we don't have it in hand yet. From what I gathered from the pics, this may not be as visible when you hold it in your hands. I mean, it's pretty visible right from the front, so of course something is wrong...but I'm sayin' that there may be no one way to fix this. Like I said: You shave off things to make it look okay from the front, then what'll it look like from the side?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Concerning NA hate, I understand why fans dislike the original series and figure line, I just don't personally understand why people flat out reject them in the Classics line, because they are so well represented. But I received an answer on one persons reasons, I still don't get it. I personally don't like the fact that this series couldn't have received a few new thighs and boots and arm peices to add to the pool of shared parts, rather than re-using the same parts ad-nausea.

- - - Updated - - -

About NA He-man's jaw, could it be just a single flawed figure? I have more than one Fisto and one of them has the same issue on one side of his beard.

I think you folks are forgetting that the face doesn't look warped from the side. You start shaving things off and whatdoya get from the side view?...
    You are totally correct. Shaving would likely leave lines and diminish the sculpt even further decreasing its viability as an option. It was the only thing that popped into my mind, but I immediately recognized it was a bad idea due to the aesthetic effects of it.

Heating and remolding may be a viable option though, time will tell. It is certainly a better solution that the only thing I could come up with. Well, just using the helmet head is a super solution as well and it is what I am leaning towards.

Creative posing and using light and shadows can downplay figure flaws. I keep Netossa posed so that she gets shadows on a certain part of her bodice to diminish the uneveness of it. It is a good trick and works for me. Using shadows with Mekaneck's face/helmet works for me, but others chose to modify him and that's fine. Same with the Sorceress's headdress.

I'm detailed oriented and some flaws that others are ok with bother me. The forearms on Frosta and Stinkor bothered me but others saw no flaw, I get that. I am fine with Roboto's shoulders whereas others saw a problem.

Some of us want to have a figure in hand before thinking of solutions, some of us like to brainstorm before hand. I typically keep my figures posed facing forwards and not with a 3/4 or profile turned head. So the angling of the face like that, while it is good for some, is not going to be good for me. Again though, the helmet head might be the best way for me to go with this figure while others may go with reshaping. Sure I miss out on something I paid for, but it is what it is.

For me, if I can brainstorm potential solutions with others on here prior to getting it in hand that'll work for me and my style, then hooray for me. If it is not that bad once it is in hand, then even better.

About NA He-man's jaw, could it be just a single flawed figure? I have more than one Fisto and one of them has the same issue on one side of his beard.
    It is entirely possible and would certainly be the best case scenario. I am pretty sure in PD's review the jaw looks off as well. The review never zooms in close enough to really assess it though. A bit of a bummer, but it is what it is.

Heroic Warrior
    Where's the 2012 Year in Review Story/Figure collection page. I need something awesome to read!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Where's the 2012 Year in Review Story/Figure collection page. I need something awesome to read!
    I second that, patiently waiting.........

No, the final figure they showed in February had the same problem, which is when I first noticed how bad it looked. The Prototype did not have this issue, but the final head does.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Sorry that's me delaying. It's taking longer than I had anticipated to build and photograph stuff. If you are looking for reading material in the meantime, the author of those stories has written two excellent short MOTU stories and posted them here:

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/05/fwoosh-...-the-sorceress
    http://thefwoosh.com/2013/04/fwoosh-...man-and-keldor

I've been trying to keep up with monthly reviews at the same time as well. Speaking of which, here are some Snake Face pictures:

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/05/motuc-feature-snake-face

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Mah gawd! AMAZING pics again, Matthew! Snake Face looks frakin awesome there!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Sorry that's me delaying. It's taking longer than I had anticipated to build and photograph stuff. If you are looking for reading material in the meantime, the author of those stories has written two excellent short MOTU stories and posted them here:

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/05/fwoosh-...-the-sorceress
    http://thefwoosh.com/2013/04/fwoosh-...man-and-keldor

I've been trying to keep up with monthly reviews at the same time as well. Speaking of which, here are some Snake Face pictures:

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/05/motuc-feature-snake-face

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...ke-Face_11.jpg
    The snake man in the front looks so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Maybe he misssssses hisss mommy?

But seriously, those pictures are great!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Really great pictures again. Whenever I read one of these features I have to get my own figure out and have them next to me to admire the details you mention. It is like getting the figure new all over again.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

When the class if 2012 is ready for viewing, I'm certain it will be worth the wait.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Hahaha! Oh man, I did not notice that at all. That's funny. What's even funnier to me now is the Snake Man on his right looks like he's yelling at him. CHEER UP, YA MOPE!