Page 15 of 154 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Im glad the armor goes this way. Itll be great for some customs. Im happy aobut the way they did the figure. Not a fan of action features.

To be honest, I would have prefered the soft plastic/rubber armor to the old style plastic, I think it would have made the armor less bulky, but I still like it, I'll be getting him.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That armor is soooo bulky looking...will definitely take some getting used to.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Awesome! I can't wait. I only pray that the armor tabs are strong...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Awesome! what about?

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Awesome! I can't wait. I only pray that the armor tabs are strong...
    Test of time. This is the only variant I want for He-Man but for some reason I'm not overly excited.
    I think it's because he looks odd without the armor on like his collar bone and neck stick up further to accommodate the armor.
    Last edited by kagamigod; January 4, 2010 at 09:05pm.

I was expecting the shell to be somewhat rubbery, much like Randor’s and Duncan’s but it is not the case – the shell is hard plastic, more akin to the armors of the vintage figures (think Mekanek). Not to fear though, I have no worries about breaking the armor, it is nice and strong.
    I LOVE THIS!!!

I LOVE THAT it looks like the vintage snap-together armor!! That is awesome!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I LOVE THIS!!!

I LOVE THAT it looks like the vintage snap-together armor!! That is awesome!
    i love that fact as well. it IS funny that the first figure to have armor like the old ones is a figure that didnt have snap on armor
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

BA looks cool.

It's about time Matty started releasing some sneak peaks to whet everyones appetite and generate renewed hype and enthusiasm after Christmas so we are all in a frenzy in time for the 15th.

I like the nod to vintage Armors on BA He-Man, but I fear of tab breakage with the H plate swapping. Looks like I'll have to give my BA He-Man the good old 200X equipment...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

BA He-Man sure does look great. Always my favorite version of the character. Though he'd be perfect if he included the sword.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

However, if once you get this figure in hand and you can say that you don’t like it, please leave your address so I can direct the ambulance to your house because you are obviously having a breakdown. I just cannot imagine any action figure fan not digging the hell out of Battle Cat. Come the end of the year, his presence on “Best of” list will be so ubiquitous some might wonder if any other toys came out this year at all.
    LOL, great stuff there.
    Really though, Battle Cat pretty much looks like the greatest thing in the line. Can he even be topped?

Off topic, where the heck are all the Adora reviews anyway? Is she some big secret?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    LOL, great stuff there.
    Really though, Battle Cat pretty much looks like the greatest thing in the line. Can he even be topped?
    Of COURSE he can be topped. He's a cat. *badump bump*

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Off topic, where the heck are all the Adora reviews anyway? Is she some big secret?
    Hordak kidnapped her...again.

Seriously though, quote from PixelDan:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yep, I got official word from ToyGuru the other night. He doesn't think they will have a sample of Adora ready in time to send her out before sale date. So, looks like I won't be getting an early review of her up. I will still review her, but won't be getting her until everyone else does.

He did say that there should be a BA He-Man on his way for review, though. But no Adora. Sorry guys.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

OOH

That doesn't sound good.

That could mean they are holding her back on purpose. They are likely to sell out of Adora in a few hours, if that, and if there is something not-so-great about the final product, they might not want it shown.

Perhaps the newer plastic wasn't ready for her outfit?

I don't care about that, but others might.

She NEEDS to sell out immediately. It matters.

So, I am kind of glad she won't be reviewed beforehand.

No offense to Pixel Dan or The Fwoosh, but sometimes, a flaw can be represented in a positive way, and no one will think it's a flaw. Sometimes something that isn't a flaw can be represented in a negative way, based on the reviewer's personal feelings, and then the products' sales can suffer. Even though many people who might agree that the "something" is a flaw, they might never have thought so if someone hadn't told them it was a flaw in the first place.

This is all just conjecture LOL. I love the reviews!! Plus, I don't think Pixel Dan, or the Fwoosh, have ever made a mountain out of a mole-hill in the way I am describing.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I personally think what it means is that something wasn't 100% perfect on Adora, so they had China make changes so she's coming in later than expected, so no time for sending out samples. If this is the reason, it's a pretty darn good one and hopefully the thing is fixed.

The bad is, MUCH less exposure for Adora...which she needs. She's the first PoP in 25 years and a lot of people were only so-so on her because of the initial Matty pics. I know she'll be great though. Mattel really takes it to heart when people are disappointed, because that effects sales. Plus she was near-perfect to begin with.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

OOH
    No offense to Pixel Dan or The Fwoosh, but sometimes, a flaw can be represented in a positive way, and no one will think it's a flaw. Sometimes something that isn't a flaw can be represented in a negative way, based on the reviewer's personal feelings, and then the products' sales can suffer. Even though many people who might agree that the "something" is a flaw, they might never have thought so if someone hadn't told them it was a flaw in the first place.
    I hear what you're saying, but personally I like to have as much info as possible before I make a purchase. Some of TheFwoosh first looks and Pixel Dan early reviews have sold me on figures that I otherwise was on the fence about.

OOH

That doesn't sound good.

That could mean they are holding her back on purpose. They are likely to sell out of Adora in a few hours, if that, and if there is something not-so-great about the final product, they might not want it shown.

Perhaps the newer plastic wasn't ready for her outfit?

I don't care about that, but others might.

She NEEDS to sell out immediately. It matters.

So, I am kind of glad she won't be reviewed beforehand.

This is all just conjecture LOL. I love the reviews!! Plus, I don't think Pixel Dan, or the Fwoosh, have ever made a mountain out of a mole-hill in the way I am describing.
    Bet someone didn't catch the feet being on the wrong way. (at least it seems that way in the pictures that others have pointed out) Or she probably has the hard plastic still. I can actually think of a lot of things that didn't get fixed before she was given the OK to go into full production.

It won't be long till we know the truth though. If she comes out and has all those same problems, then it's obvious why no review samples were sent out. If she comes out and has no problems, then she was delayed getting those things fixed and no samples made it out.

I still find it incredibly hard to believe however that Mattel wouldn't have any samples to send out. Unless they didn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some excellent pictures, and a lot of enthusiasm for BC which is great to see.

Adora review up!!

Here's the link to The Fwoosh's Adora review:
    http://www.thefwoosh.com/2010/01/rev...classics-adora

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Here's the link to The Fwoosh's Adora review:
    http://www.thefwoosh.com/2010/01/rev...classics-adora
    "the Princess with the fluffy name but nerves of steel." is a great line!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Fwoosh reviews Moss Man!

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2010/02/fir...ssics-moss-man

Guess who has Evil-Lyn too!

I hope Pixel Dan has his stuff coming in this week. We need some "comparision time"!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 22, 2010 at 08:43pm.

Best pics of Moss Man yet!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Moss Man looks amazing! Thefwoosh took great pics.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Mossman looks phenomenal!