Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

He-Man looks great. As I look at the picture of He-Man and Grayskull and then look at my Grayskull figure I can understand what VeeBee was saying in the review in regards to taking of photo of the figure. King Grayskull is not as shiney in person as in that photo so He-Man should look fine.

I'm looking at the photo of the swords and I can still see the dimple on the Power Sword above the handle. I thought Toy Guru said that was a one off with Grayskull because of the last factory they used? Why do we still have a Power Sword with a fault? Oh well I guess we'll have to wait for Battle Armor He-Man for Mattel to do it properly
    Last edited by Gimporama; November 22, 2008 at 04:57pm.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, but why can't anyone take a naturally lit, well-focused picture of this figure?

Flash photography ain't exactly doing that glossy face any favors.

Best He-Man figure ever? Not this one exactly.

The 4H prototype as seen in ToyFare #134, page 45?
    That's the Best He-Man ever.

And once I get it out of the package, reglue the hair, and repaint the entire head (getting rid of the gloss, and losing the eyeliner), this one will be too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, but why can't anyone take a naturally lit, well-focused picture of this figure?

Flash photography ain't exactly doing that glossy face any favors.

Best He-Man figure ever? Not this one exactly.

The 4H prototype as seen in ToyFare #134, page 45?
    That's the Best He-Man ever.

And once I get it out of the package, reglue the hair, and repaint the entire head (getting rid of the gloss, and losing the eyeliner), this one will be too.
    I agree. The photo lighting has been harsh in all the review pics we've seen thus far and it's not been flattering for the figures.

The He-Man Proto pics (Toyfare included) have been much more to my liking.

As for aftermarket modifications, if I were wanting to completely change the look of a figure that would be fine but I shouldn't have to do mods just to get the figure to look right, especially on a $20 figure.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

OH MY GOOOSH. I'm so excited right now, I can't even put it into words! I LOVE THIS LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    9 more days.

9 more days until Matty crashes.
    I hope that this happens after i could set my Order.

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    Well, I'm officially impressed. Hopefully these figures are a smash hit.
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Wow. This is a tough lookin' He-Man.
    I just can't wait. I'm an original He-Man-Fan & this figure makes me feel like a kid again. It brings back that amazement & awe in a big bad barbarian wieldin' a sword, a Power Sword no less & swingin' a double sided axe with a shield strapped to his arm. Now I want a Battle Cat with a two-seated saddle so Teela can ride on the back. (I love those old pics of He-Man & Teela riding together on Battle Cat. I think of that sometimes when I have a woman on the back of my Harley-Davidson.)
    It's great.

The packaging reminds me of the 2002 style package. I like everything about the new Masters figures. I'm a simple man. It works for me.

Thanks Four Horsemen & thanks Mattel.

Chris here...

My life is incomplete without the MOTUC He-Man and Beast Man figures - it's that simple!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

is anyone else having problems accessing the page? fwoosh seems to be down.

Great review!

Looks like this He-Man fig has a slight wig issue.

Thing is with KG, when he had a wig issue, it made him look like a caveman. With He-Man, it just looks... More friendly?

With the hair droped more it give him a more serious look I guess that I prefer for the figure. Thankfully that and the gloss is quite an easy fix.

Thanks Fwoosh folks! Thanks Mattel!

Dec. 1 can't come soon enough!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

For those that read the review earlier like I did, there were three new pics taken under better lighting added at the end. They give a much better look at the figure.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Holy cow!! Is it December 1st already?!!
    I can't wait to buy this figure. That's a great looking He-Man figure.
    One more week, one more week!!!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Court Magician
    What's with the lines running along the center of his arms, legs, and even his hair???!!!
    is this a prototype or is it the final product??
    Last edited by zaid_almahdi; November 23, 2008 at 01:37am.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zaid_almahdi View Post
    What's with the lines running along the center of his arms, legs, and even his hair???!!!
    I see it.

Hmmm.... yeah, they don't look great. But these are HUGE pictures. You might not notice so much on the figure.

I'm slightly more concerned about some of the sloppy paint - especially the brownish-red detail on the belt, and most egregious, the red on the cross.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Hmmm.... yeah, they don't look great. But these are HUGE pictures. You might not notice so much on the figure.
    I think if it is that obvious in the pictures, it would be more obvious when held in hand

Not Good!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I think if it is that obvious in the pictures, it would be more obvious when held in hand

Not Good!!

Not necesesarily, pictures tend to enhance little details.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    the hair bothers me, it should fit better like we saw on the prototype for the amount of money they are charging for these things. On the bright side, it is a simple enough thing that anybody can fix if it bothers them. This thing looks great!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Nice looking figure so far. I can't wait to get him in hands, than I can jugde if it is the best He-man ever.

But in my opinion nothing can beat this:

FIGURE twists for a power punch!

Perfect Deals: FTL@neo-geo.com, Sathomaso, Sl@yer, French Kiki, King Ironic, SimonF, TIRPITZ, Ess7477,

so i guess im the only one?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    is anyone else having problems accessing the page? fwoosh seems to be down.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    fwoosh is working for me.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    fwoosh is working for me.
    Yeah, same for me, too.

One of the new pics shows him sitting down, but from the looks of it the loincloth does restrict his movement.

I doubt he'll fit in a vehicle, although he may be able to sit on Battle Cat.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    For those that read the review earlier like I did, there were three new pics taken under better lighting added at the end. They give a much better look at the figure.

Thanks for the update, Eric!

Still not looking as good to me as it should for the main character in a $20 a pop figure line.

Long live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Thing is with KG, when he had a wig issue, it made him look like a caveman. With He-Man, it just looks... More friendly?

With the hair droped more it give him a more serious look I guess that I prefer for the figure.
    Agreed totally, especially since that's the way the 4H made him, with the hair framing the eyes more.

Definitely a more intense, tough look which I like very much.

You say more friendly, for me it's more babyish or something, either way a little to me.

It's called mold flashing/mold separation lines, and it's seen on almost every action figure, with varying degrees, like anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    Still not looking as good to me as it should for the main character in a $20 a pop figure line.
    Agreed, and those new pictures show it very clearly IMO.

From the neck down it looks incredible, but the fact that they didn't cast his head in the same color plastic as the body is VERY distracting.

Not only is there tone inconsistency (gloss vs. matte) and the color discrepancy, but sculpting inconsistency as well, since the extra paint layer on top of the sculpt obscures some of the detail, which is a big shame to me given how awesome that head sculpt is.