Page 25 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Very cool review, but I can only get one set of these as I am getting married next year so I will be on a super budget.

A big fan of Slush Head
    What an awesome set! Those guards are great.
    I love MOTUC!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Awesome. I really dislike the cat and snake heads, though. Never were Palace Guards like that and they just look "off."
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I feel the same way. They just don't look right on the guard bodies. I really don't understand the snake head, and I just can't imagine Carnivus having his people in Palace Guard armor. I would think they would use the armor that their race uses.
    I agree with you guys. The Quadian head just looks off on the Palace Guard body. The snake head works more on the body but why would there be a snake man in the Palace Guard? Unless it isn't a snake species but another species altogether?

I think I will just get 3 of the packs and wait until the re-issue to army build

Snakemen are spies sent by King Hsss or Palace Guards turned into snakes by Hsss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I agree with you guys. The Quadian head just looks off on the Palace Guard body. The snake head works more on the body but why would there be a snake man in the Palace Guard? Unless it isn't a snake species but another species altogether?

I think I will just get 3 of the packs and wait until the re-issue to army build
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Snakemen are spies sent by King Hsss or Palace Guards turned into snakes by Hsss.
    That's what I was thinking, but they don't work as Guards alone, which is what is a detractor for me.
    Last edited by RockinHard; December 10, 2010 at 11:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

That's what I was thinking, but they don't work as Guards alone, which is what is a detractor for me.
    Maybe they will look better with the face masks on? I haven't seen any pics yet where the face masks are on the Snake and Qadian heads

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Maybe they will look better with the face masks on? I haven't seen any pics yet where the face masks are on the Snake and Qadian heads
    True, though those eyes on the snake head probably won't persuade me in favor. Maybe the cat head, maybe.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    True, though those eyes on the snake head probably won't persuade me in favor. Maybe the cat head, maybe.
    Exactly the same here, maybe the cat guy become one soldier, if he has his facemask on.

I will sell the snake head to other fans. I like the unexpected idea behind those 2 heads, but they don`t fit in my image of a Palace Guard.

Maybe 2 other human heads would be better...?

Besides that, this is an awesome set and I will try to purchase 4 or 5 of them..

Think about the orange and blue He-Man weapons from the two Weapons Paks. They would fit , too...

Well, these are fantastic. As if there was any question of that! I really think I ought to only get one, though. It's just...too much, if I get two. I love it, and I love this line, but I've just only got so much room. If I wasn't collecting other toylines then YES. As it is, though...I really regretfully gotta get one pack.

....at least I hope I will.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This review makes me want 3 packs. I will try for two though so I can have all the heads on display.

The Snakeman head doesn't look full-snakeman to me. In my canon, he will be half snakeman. His father is a Snakeman and he's very ashamed of "what he is" and wants to prove to himself, and everyone else, that just because he's part snakeman doesn't mean he's evil. King Randor feels sympathetic because his situation reminds him of his brother's and how things might have been different if he were given a chance, so he personally recommended him to Duncan to train as one of the King's bodyguards.

Anyway, that's my take.

I really love all the heads, especially the black guy head. He REALLY reminds me of the one who helped Queen Marlena in The Rainbow Warrior who I always believed to be Clamp Champ...because he was King Randor's bodyguard in The Search for Keldor mini-comic.

So...Clamp Champ and Snaky will be King Randor's bodyguards.

My only little wish is that they included an extra white guy head because...well...it will be weird to have multiple Toy Gurus running around your collection.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Awesome review, thanks!

I like the diversity too and I might make the Quadian the Lt. I don't get why some people have such weird hangups about new elements. They should probably get used to it, b/c almost every figure has modern additions.
    It's a make believe world, it's not like a Quadian could never have grown up in Eternos. I mean, do you guys have any imagination at all?

As far as I know there's never been official confirmation that the lizard guy is a snake-man. Couldn't it be some other lizard species? If there has been a quote stating otherwise I'd be happy to be corrected, however.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; December 11, 2010 at 12:20pm.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The Snakeman head doesn't look full-snakeman to me. In my canon, he will be half snakeman. His father is a Snakeman and he's very ashamed of "what he is" and wants to prove to himself, and everyone else, that just because he's part snakeman doesn't mean he's evil. King Randor feels sympathetic because his situation reminds him of his brother's and how things might have been different if he were given a chance, so he personally recommended him to Duncan to train as one of the King's bodyguards.

Anyway, that's my take.
    That's a very cool concept! Good idea.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Maybe hes just a Lizard"Man" and not a Snakeman
    But you also can take him and stand him beside King Hiss. So heīll have his first warrior.
    An abducted and transmuted Palace Guard.
    Ps: The guards have the wrong hands. Its "He-Man" hands with nails and unfortunately not the cloved hands like Man-At-Arms.
    Oh well...
    Last edited by JimPansen; December 11, 2010 at 05:01am.

Thatīs really an all around set!
    Hopefully Mattel made a lot of them, i just need 2 packs .... but .... i shouldnīt slumber it away like i did on King Grayskull.

HD figures on youtube
    Oh man! I can't believe I'm even MORE excited for the guards now! Great pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    In my canon, it's Eternian Halloween and... j/k

But seriously, PUNCH! That backstory of yours is touching.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Is so expensive to sculpt a new lower torso piece without a belly???

I hate to seeing a SO PRONOUNCED BELLY in dressed figures, like He-Ro, MAA or the eternian guards...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I'll be ditching all my Guard stuff just to outfit MAA completely & have a couple of spare bodies to experiment with...

Don't much like the idea of tons of other guys wearing MAA hi-tech armour. Most of these barbarians would be wearing a patch-work of hide armour, maybe some chain-mail - only the best & the royalty wear the hi-tech.

Maybe I'll use the black head & create a MAA apprentice wearing just a breastplate (Clamp-Champ?), but the other 3 are just awful. To me.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; December 11, 2010 at 08:19am.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I can't wait, I'm going to buy at least two sets for customs. I plan on making at least one of not two new MAA figures. I find him interesting to make customs of since he is a scavanger and inventor in my canon, always making new armor and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I'll be ditching all my Guard stuff just to outfit MAA completely & have a couple of spare bodies to experiment with...
    Man-at-Arms IS already fully outfitted. Just another thing Filmation messed up on. (just my opinion)
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

This set looks amazing. Will hopefully get two sets for myself so I can display all 4 heads. The Snake headed guard will join my King Hiss (waiting for future weapons packs to give us additional Snake Men weapons for him) and the cat dude will stand alongside Carnivous.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    That's a very cool concept! Good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    In my canon, it's Eternian Halloween and... j/k

But seriously, PUNCH! That backstory of yours is touching.
    Thanks, glad you guys like it. It would be a great storyline, especially when King Hsss enters the picture because he has total control over Snakemen, but Snaky is 1/2 Snakeman so he would really have to fight off his evil influence.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The Royal Guards 2pk looks cool, but trying to obtain one would be costly, or a headache, or both, and this line is just to expensive to army build for me.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'm sure it's been mentioned, but you can actually get a sweet Filmation accurate Man-At-Arms., using the guards' bodies (repaint the felt brown) and arm plating with Duncan's head, chest armor, and weapon.

Awesome. I really dislike the cat and snake heads, though. Never were Palace Guards like that and they just look "off."

If you watched the 200x cartoon, the snake men turn MAA into a snake. Yes, he had the mustache still, but I think this is a cool idea, especially with King Hiss coming out... he transforms a soldier into a snake man. I'm sure that is how my kids will play with them.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!