Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    Thanks for the update, Eric!

Still not looking as good to me as it should for the main character in a $20 a pop figure line.

Long live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!
    No problem. I figured some people would probably miss it.

The pictures at the bottom give us the best view yet of MOTUC He-Man, warts and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Agreed, and those new pictures show it very clearly IMO.

From the neck down it looks incredible, but the fact that they didn't cast his head in the same color plastic as the body is VERY distracting.

Not only is there tone inconsistency (gloss vs. matte) and the color discrepancy, but sculpting inconsistency as well, since the extra paint layer on top of the sculpt obscures some of the detail, which is a big shame to me given how awesome that head sculpt is.
    It's funny but I'm not seeing any of those things. I can barely notice the difference between head and body... in the newer pics especially. I have to say I don't think I can judge until it's in my hands though. Tonal differences stand out more in pictures because of the way different materials absorb/reflect light. So it could be better or it could be worse then we see.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    fwoosh is working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yeah, same for me, too.
    really weird. doesn't work on my mac or pc.

Love the back of the packaging. Adore He-Man's new synopsis. I'm waiting to get a good look at the back of Beastman's packaging.

Why would there be a plastic hook on the back of the card?? I mean I could understand if they were gonna be sold at actually stores, but these are just online only. They could've probably saved some money not having it at all.

Maybe, maybe not, what do I know.
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Moondrake View Post
    Why would there be a plastic hook on the back of the card?? I mean I could understand if they were gonna be sold at actually stores, but these are just online only. They could've probably saved some money not having it at all.

Maybe, maybe not, what do I know.
    I think it was precisely for the MOC collectors who want to hang them up.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I think it was precisely for the MOC collectors who want to hang them up.
    But if you bend the plastic hook up to hang it that'll ruin the whole MOMC thing.
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

But if you bend the plastic hook up to hang it that'll ruin the whole MOMC thing.

Not attacking you, Moondrake, but it's statements like this that remind Mattel nothing they do will ever be good enough for us fanboys.

Awesome pics to tide us over. While I'm not completely happy with the way the plastic is finished off, this He-Man is certainly the best ever made. I can't wait to get this figure!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Best He-Man figure ever? Not this one exactly.

The 4H prototype as seen in ToyFare #134, page 45?
    That's the Best He-Man ever.
    It beats original vintage He-Man, NA He-Man and 200X He-Man as He-Man figures. That's what I meant.

I'm glad that you and many others think so. Personally I'm not yet convinced but hopefully once this thing is in hand I'll be won over. At this point, my favorite (and in my humble opinion the best) figural representation of He-Man is the SDCC and Battle Armor He-Man Stactions. Perfectly proportioned and perfectly painted, in a word, Beautiful! The only thing that would improve them to Absolute Perfection would be if they had matching Skeletor Stactions to go with them. But that's just me!
    That's why I said "Best. He-Man. Figure. Ever." The Stactions and statues are a whole other ball game.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It beats original vintage He-Man, NA He-Man and 200X He-Man as He-Man figures. That's what I meant.

That's why I said "Best. He-Man. Figure. Ever." The Stactions and statues are a whole other ball game.
    I must politely disagree.
    When in doubt, we may consult an officially recognized authority.

http://www.websters-online-dictionar...inition/Figure

Per Webster's Online Dictionary:

"4. A model of a bodily form (especially of a person); "he made a figure of Santa Claus"."

"Articulation/posability" and/or "Action" are not required according to the definition. Thus, a Staction or Statue Is A Figure.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    It's funny but I'm not seeing any of those things. I can barely notice the difference between head and body... in the newer pics especially.
    Hmm, well to me the newer pictures in particular show the head to be a paler and grayer looking fleshtone compared to the plastic+airbrushing on the body.

Which is also partially why the "maced" look stands out so much on this figure, since it's too great of a contrast of shades compared to the 4H's prototype where the highlight color on the eyes is much closer to the fleshtone.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    And I disagree.
    Right out of the package, with no alterations, the Classic He-Man is still the best version IMO.

Now, once I've repainted my MOTUC version, then he WILL be the best.

He looks cool! I hope I can get him come Dec 1!!

On the original cardbacks, weren't the evil warriors blurbs in red and the heroic in blue?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

One week! Yahoo!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I must politely disagree.
    When in doubt, we may consult an officially recognized authority.

http://www.websters-online-dictionar...inition/Figure

Per Webster's Online Dictionary:

"4. A model of a bodily form (especially of a person); "he made a figure of Santa Claus"."

"Articulation/posability" and/or "Action" are not required according to the definition. Thus, a Staction or Statue Is A Figure.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!
    Okay then, but the stactions can't be played with. So how about this-

Best. He-Man. Toy. Ever.

Better?

Not attacking you, Moondrake, but it's statements like this that remind Mattel nothing they do will ever be good enough for us fanboys.
    No offense taken. I was just looking at it from a money stand point plain and simple. I mean these figs and I assume their packaging are supposed to be very cost effective and efficient, so why put something on them that appears to be pointless but may cost Mattel more money? Again I say may, because I have no way of knowing what kind of deal Mattel has with the packaging producer.

No offense taken. I was just looking at it from a money stand point plain and simple. I mean these figs and I assume their packaging are supposed to be very cost effective and efficient, so why put something on them that appears to be pointless but may cost Mattel more money? Again I say may, because I have no way of knowing what kind of deal Mattel has with the packaging producer.
    I read ya. My guess is they wanted to help the MOC people, even if it meant a little extra cost to do so, because they realize we're not all openers. I don't hang the figures I keep MOC, but I know a lot of people do. The little plastic hook allows them to do that, though I guess if they'll view the figure as no longer MOC if they use it it's a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelessone View Post
    Nice looking figure so far. I can't wait to get him in hands, than I can jugde if it is the best He-man ever.

But in my opinion nothing can beat this:
    AMEN,

This new figure does look awesome though. Im surprised no one has commented on how sloppy the paint is on his armor, espec the cross, its bound to happen to some, but I'm hoping not to many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    AMEN,

This new figure does look awesome though. Im surprised no one has commented on how sloppy the paint is on his armor, espec the cross, its bound to happen to some, but I'm hoping not to many of them.
    LOL - I commented on it.

Ah, sorry I missed it. Pretty disappointing though. Its a key area of the figure. What if this happens with his eyes .

I will be ordering extras to ensure I get a couple good looking ones, but I know lots here cant afford it, or are unwilling. They really need to step up quality control if this is gonna be such a pricey adult driven line.

I totally agree with you. Actually, it's the first thing that's REALLY bothered me about these pictures. I like the sculpt and I don't mind the way the eyes are painted... but sloppy paint, especially in such a crucial area, just isn't acceptable to me for a collector's figure that's $20+ after shipping. I am still positive about the line as a whole, but since you can't look through a shelf for the best paint apps, they need to be there 99.9% of the time.

Mistakes happen, of course. I might like to think this was one weird, rare mistake or something but then surely they must have tried to look for the best ones to send off for review? If this represents the best of the bunch that's very worrying indeed.

I read ya. My guess is they wanted to help the MOC people, even if it meant a little extra cost to do so, because they realize we're not all openers. I don't hang the figures I keep MOC, but I know a lot of people do. The little plastic hook allows them to do that, though I guess if they'll view the figure as no longer MOC if they use it it's a waste of money.
    I don't get how a hook on the back of the card is going to take away from it being MOC. I collect MOTU both loose and carded. MOC to me means Mint On Card, the FIGURE is mint on the card. The card doesn't have to be mint, per se. I always thought that was MOMC, Mint On Mint Card. To me, MOC could vary from a C-6 to a C-9.5, as long as the figure (and his/her accessories) were mint inside.

I'm not sure I'd hang them anyway, but I do feel it's nice to have the option.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    That hip articulation is REALLY limited and it makes me nervous about the entire line if that's the best they can do. I love everything else though.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    I think he looks fantastic! Figure, packaging and all. C'mon, December 1st!

--Leanne

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    Ah, sorry I missed it. Pretty disappointing though. Its a key area of the figure. What if this happens with his eyes .

I will be ordering extras to ensure I get a couple good looking ones, but I know lots here cant afford it, or are unwilling. They really need to step up quality control if this is gonna be such a pricey adult driven line.
    I totally agree with you. Actually, it's the first thing that's REALLY bothered me about these pictures. I like the sculpt and I don't mind the way the eyes are painted... but sloppy paint, especially in such a crucial area, just isn't acceptable to me for a collector's figure that's $20+ after shipping. I am still positive about the line as a whole, but since you can't look through a shelf for the best paint apps, they need to be there 99.9% of the time.

Mistakes happen, of course. I might like to think this was one weird, rare mistake or something but then surely they must have tried to look for the best ones to send off for review? If this represents the best of the bunch that's very worrying indeed.
    I tend to agree.

Right now, I'm so excited for this line to get here that I'm overlooking little things like glossy faces and messy paint applications, but I'm still aware of them. And ideally these things will be fixed given what we're paying for them.

I think many people are thinking that since we're paying $20 per figure we should be getting a higher quality figure than a $12 DCUC, but I think the reality is the quality and craftsmanship will still be the same. The higher price is just to cover manufacturing costs and is not representative of the quality of the product.

I hope Mattel realizes they will get less leeway with consumers because of that price point whether they foresaw that pricing side effect or not.