Page 51 of 148 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3676

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Darkspecter, that brown-eyed mock up looks so much better. can you re-do it with a top eyelid?
    The brown eyed and black eyed mock-ups I did both have eyelids. So...I'm confused.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Happy to have her, but.......those eyes.........

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The brown eyed and black eyed mock-ups I did both have eyelids. So...I'm confused.
    Yeah, but make them bigger. The top eyelid should be closer to the pupil. Look at the cartoon reference. I might be wrong. Does Adora have eye lids?
    Last edited by He-Boy; July 16, 2011 at 12:54pm.

IMO...

Fwoosh likes using the Muppets stuff, I can't blame them, that was one of the best lines ever and the playsets were outright phenomenal. Fans of quality toys should have at least one playset and some figs, you can find them cheap. I've seen the Pigs in Space Set going for as low as $5.

Did the painters never take basic life drawing in college? Those eyes are the eyes of a crazy person. I do not understand why some figures have giant bulging eyes while others do not, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Original

I'm going to repaint mine to look like this.

The rest of the figure looks great and she comes with a ton of accessories, which I'm always a big fan of. I think cringer looks a little silly, but if he doesn't grow on me I'm sure I can sell him for $5 or more.
    Last edited by BadVermin; July 16, 2011 at 01:55pm.

Somebody should start offering commissions to repaint the eyes on both heads. They would get a lot of customers I think.

Those things are just plain scary.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

She does have the same face sculpt as Catra.

I don't understand that. I mean, it's obviously a cost-cutting thing... but then the paint should have been a major priority.

I also hate the cost-cutting choice to not paint the faces entirely... they look cheap.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Yeah, those eyes are really bad! I hope this isn't a trend going forward.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

^^great idea for an avatar, skeletom.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    ^^great idea for an avatar, skeletom.
    Thanks, bro! Yours are always nice, too!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    OMG !!!!

He-Man/Prince Adam & Adora/ She-Ra's mother is CATRA then !!!!!

Yes.... Marlena looks more like a light brown haried Catra in my eye !!

Either Hordak must have tricked Randor & Co OR Marlena is Catra's elder sister !! Eitherway.....its funny !!

And that Royal Family pic, It seems no one is happy out there !

ONE BAD FAMILY PIC !!!
    Last edited by TUC138; July 16, 2011 at 03:00pm.

I tried too LOL

It's fun

A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I don't understand that. I mean, it's obviously a cost-cutting thing... but then the paint should have been a major priority.

I also hate the cost-cutting choice to not paint the faces entirely... they look cheap.
    Yeah, it does seem to be the same head. If that's the case, I don't understand that either, but...somehow, it works. Looks like a different person.

She looks amazing in this photo, and I can't believe anyone thinks she looks bad. I can understand if people don't like Marlena's eyes to some degree, but some of the responses here are way over the top imo. Can't wait to have her in hand and add another cool female to the ranks.

I made her look a little less sleepy.

Repaint/Original

That does look quite nice actually. Especially since they aren't "looking-up" eyes.

I love the Captain Glenn head/face. It looks appropriately tough-as-nails.

The Queen face is strange.

It's amazing though what can be done with shadow, highlights, and color to make two seemingly identical sculpts look different!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

If you look closely, there are some subtle differences, such as the bridge of Marlena's nose which is slightly wider than Catra's. I think this is similar to what happened with the Gorilla Grodd & Gygor sculpts, which look very similar, but aren't actually identical.

I need to stop reading this thread. I'm perfectly happy with the Queen and the Captain...and you guys are making me doubt my sense of taste!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I need to stop reading this thread. I'm perfectly happy with the Queen and the Captain...and you guys are making me doubt my sense of taste!
    I'm feeling like this, too, lol. Though I do wish the captain was white!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    If you look closely, there are some subtle differences, such as the bridge of Marlena's nose which is slightly wider than Catra's. I think this is similar to what happened with the Gorilla Grodd & Gygor sculpts, which look very similar, but aren't actually identical.
    Subtle differences often come from different paint jobs and the lighting in different photos. I personally don't see any differences sculpt-wise. It appears to be the same headsculpt when comparing the Fwoosh photos of both Catra and Captain Glenn.

Decided to try my hand at her eyes. Shame Matty failed again to fix an issue that has been known a while now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I made her look a little less sleepy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...min/Queen2.jpg
    Repaint/Original
    That is great. The trick to her not looking sleepy is to make sure her top eyelid does not cover the pupil. Your latest mock up looks great.

MarvelousOne, your mock up is great too. By having a heavier/bolder lashes on top, it removes the need for as much eye lid. To make it perfect, you should remove the eyeliner from the inner part of the bottom lid. Start the eyeliner from the point where the iris begins on the bottom. Lower lashes normally sweep away from point closest to the nose. The black line should not touch (top and bottom) on the inner part of the eye (closest to the nose) - it will make her look less like a lady of the night and will soften her face.

Kinda like this:

Sorry to sound like a know-it-all. I wish I had the skill (and patience) to do a mock up. I could draw it but only using the old skool method of pencil on paper

The use of the Catra-face is an interesting point because IMO her cheeks are too hollow. It works on Catra but it makes Marlena look harder. Look at most women and their faces are flat from the cheekbone to the jawline, not concave. Marlena looks like she's had cheek lipo (ala Hollywood).

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Yeah, but make them bigger. The top eyelid should be closer to the pupil. Look at the cartoon reference. I might be wrong. Does Adora have eye lids?
    Oh, I just took them straight off the Filmation cel I posted of her taking off/putting back on her crown. I'm no great artist.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 17, 2011 at 12:59am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I had my own go at a fix. I think it works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

http://i.picasion.com/pic42/fb941d1d...d6c9cf5c1d.gif
    Favorite! I hope they go with this one. I think it really brings out her Queenly joie de vivre. Absolutley perfect.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I just had a very difficult evening.

THANK YOU for making me feel better!!