Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3676

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Wow, Faker sure knows how to end a fight quickly!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    You've got to admit though, finally seeing DCUC and MOTUC females packed together really hammers home just how superior the motuc female figures are.
    She-Ra towers over that little girl.
    Uh, all the Supergirls (except Matrix) are MEANT to be short. Conversely, She-Ra's an amazon.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh dear...

What happened to She-Ra? I was disappointed she wasn't any different (nor Supergirl), but I said to myself "Well...her face is a lot prettier than the She-Ra we got and her gold looks brighter...so...I'll pick her up if I see her."

Now her gold looks darker and her face is the same! Come on! After all the disappointment, I just wanted a pretty face...and we can't even get that?

Also...Supergirl is the Maid of Might? I guess Amazon Princess vs Princess of Power made too much sense...

Why does She-Ra get the BACK of Castle Grayskull for her art and not the Crystal Castle?! Who's doing these pieces of art?

Zodac vs GL: Weird they show him with Zodak's staff...which he doesn't come with. Also, WHY did they only paint details on his center circle on his belt and not the rest? That looks odd...and wasn't like that before!

BA Faker looks good (minus the missing stomach "flat abs"). His face looks angrier than before! He looks super ****** off!

Pretty She-Ra with brighter gold and how Zodac's belt looked before:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Uh, all the Supergirls (except Matrix) are MEANT to be short. Conversely, She-Ra's an amazon.
    Yeah, I know, I read comics. I'm wasn't just referring to height. Compared to the DCUC Power Girl and Cheetah (which I have) the motuc female bucks are just better overall in my opinion. I like the proportions on the legs, arms, etc. I think all the DCUC females are too skinny when I look at them. I guess I could have made that clearer.

I like my PG and Cheetah figures, but the Teela, Adora, Catra female figures are just better overall in every aspect.

Faker looks cool, but the lack of the proper abdominal piece is a glaring omission. What were they thinking?!
    Like Stratos/Hawkman this is a set I'll keep in mind but likely won't pull the trigger on due to what I'm sure will be a ridiculous price, especially since it won't be available outside of the US.

Zodac should have been DC/minicomic accurate imo, with red gloves, and maybe a different helmet scheme like in the comics. Zero interest in this one.
    And the artwork is AWFUL!

I like the She-Ra art! I don't think I've ever seen the back of Castle Grayskull before?
    But I have no need for that set, and the Supergirl figure is pretty bad.

Could someone please post the Supergirl/She-Ra poster?
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yes, the art is still subpar, but I still like them for what they are I guess. I'll be glad once I have them all and never have to go to TRU again and face the dozen Skeletor/Luthors that have been sitting there for a year.

I really like the Green Lantern/Zodac one. Although I wish the outer space background looked better. Throw in a planet and some cooler lookin stars or something. This would be a great thing to have Filmation rights for. Use some of their awesome backgrounds for these TWO PAKKS!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Princess View Post
    Could someone please post the Supergirl/She-Ra poster?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Yeah, I know, I read comics. I'm wasn't just referring to height. Compared to the DCUC Power Girl and Cheetah (which I have) the motuc female bucks are just better overall in my opinion. I like the proportions on the legs, arms, etc. I think all the DCUC females are too skinny when I look at them. I guess I could have made that clearer.
    Even then, though, the proportions of the design are relatively comic-accurate (the skirt shouldn't be pleated, but She-Ra has the same "mistake).

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Its just a tragically ugly Supergirl outfit!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

That is insanely bad art.

Faker is nice, the Zodac pack looks nice. Meh on the rest, big time.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    As an artist, all I'm going to say is that I'm surprised the images were cleared with the swords looking NOTHING like they really do.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Wow, Faker sure knows how to end a fight quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh dear...

What happened to She-Ra? I was disappointed she wasn't any different (nor Supergirl), but I said to myself "Well...her face is a lot prettier than the She-Ra we got and her gold looks brighter...so...I'll pick her up if I see her."

Now her gold looks darker and her face is the same! Come on! After all the disappointment, I just wanted a pretty face...and we can't even get that?

Also...Supergirl is the Maid of Might? I guess Amazon Princess vs Princess of Power made too much sense...
    Fabulous Farmgirl! Kryptonian Kleptomaniac! Maid of Might. Yeah, that fits like a glove.

Zodac vs GL: Weird they show him with Zodak's staff...which he doesn't come with. Also, WHY did they only paint details on his center circle on his belt and not the rest? That looks odd...and wasn't like that before!
    Logistics, dear boy.

Also. Zodac's gloves are a duller white now. As for the art.... I have seen sooooo much worse that it doesn't even bother me...
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

We all knew Wonder Woman would have fit better but this just looks ridiculously out of scale

She-Ra could squash her without even having to resort to Sword to insert weapon/object name here
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

goodbye DC vs MOTUC

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    @AlessandraF - Simple but effective, well done! I myself prefer blue eyes

@Oz-Scott - You'd think there'd be one differentiating item in the She-Ra vs Supergirl 2-Pack to at least possibly entice fans. She-Ra's shield in silver would've been nice too.

Really digging Zodac with the white gloves and new feet. I still think Mer Man was the best of the 2-Pack lot. BA Faker is slowly growing on me though, shame he (nor any others) won't be at TRU here.
    @AlessandraF - could you post a pic of Marlena with Blue eyes?

@MrRoboto - A silver shield would have been perfect. All they had to do was cast it in silver.. Simple. Right? Well, you'd think...

I can't help but wonder if Mattel WANTED to kill the "Vs" line.

Also, I think it'd sell out on Matty Collector where international fans could have a realistic chance of getting a reasonably priced set.

Another FAIL for you Mattel! *shakes head*

Oops. I didn't realize folks were discussing She-Ra/Zodac here when I posted in the 2-Pack thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    As an artist, all I'm going to say is that I'm surprised the images were cleared with the swords looking NOTHING like they really do.
    Or that Bizarro's "S" is wrong, or that Faker ISN'T EVEN LOOKING at him? Faker's in the foreground and looking even further forward.

I've laid off criticizing the art, but those two mistakes in one piece are plain silly.

So why does She-Ra and Linda Danvers have to fight BEHIND Castle Grayskull? What a strange background choice. I ALMOST like this poster but that part ruins the whole thing.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbigbo View Post
    Or that Bizarro's "S" is wrong, or that Faker ISN'T EVEN LOOKING at him? Faker's in the foreground and looking even further forward.

I've laid off criticizing the art, but those two mistakes in one piece are plain silly.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You're so right. LOL!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I actually think that artwork looks pretty cool! I love how they used the back of the castle.

Of the 2-packs I might buy the Faker one. I would like to get the He-man & blue Mer-man sets as well, as I would like to display those comic based MOTUC figs with BG Teela.

Marlena is cool but the eyes are not very nice when compared to Adora & most other figures of the line. Still, can't wait to own her & Cringer!

It was suggested by someone earlier that perhaps the reason BA Faker doesn't have the appropriate abs but rather is identical to the earlier release is because it IS the earlier release repackaged with new armor as a way to sell off old Faker back stock.

Having seen Fwoosh's pictures which show that BA Faker even has the same old boots instead of the new Vikor boots, I am convinced this is what Mattel did. What would be cheaper: Opening up a ton of leftover Faker reissues and repackaging them with new armor or manufacturing more Faker's that look identical to the leftover stock that is just sitting around?

Obviously, I'm a Faker fan. I wasn't that interested in this figure because the Faker variant I really want is Leo Faker. But since I am a fan of the character, I was trying to hype myself into wanting this figure. If he had the new Vikor boots I would have picked him up. But as is, I'm passing on him. I do want the Bizarro but I'm sure there will be a flood of Bizarros being sold in the marketplace so I doubt I'll have a problem getting one.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    So why does She-Ra and Linda Danvers have to fight BEHIND Castle Grayskull? What a strange background choice. I ALMOST like this poster but that part ruins the whole thing.
    I think they're still in front of the castle but off to the side, I believe that what we're seeing is the side of the castle like they're off way to the right. but still yeah, what an odd choice.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I think they're still in front of the castle but off to the side, I believe that what we're seeing is the side of the castle like they're off way to the right. but still yeah, what an odd choice.
    I personally think that what we're seeing is a representation of the castle as it appears in the mind of an artist who doesn't give a rip about MOTU and just kind of made it up as he or she went along.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Whichever side of the castle they are fighting on the perspective of the structure is completely haywire! Terrible!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar