Page 57 of 155 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3853

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    This is actually a really accurate description of the figure, and a tragically horrible look for the character of Leech.
    Yep. They should have looked at an actual leech's mouth & made tinier, sharper teeth.

The huge, mouthy head is just embarressing.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    This is actually a really accurate description of the figure, and a tragically horrible look for the character of Leech.
    Yes, but without 200x or "modern" alternate heads this is what we get. Muppet Clawful, and lipstick wearing Buzz-Off.

Thankfully, I'm happy with Leech's head. The sheer horror behind the concept of Leech works for me.

He's got this mouth full of huge teeth he's going to clamp down on you with, so he can suck your blood/lifeforce/energy.

He's like a B-movie monster to me. It may seem contradictory, but I just can't get past Clawful's stupid eyebrows. That's a feature that just doesn't belong on Clawful. He literally looks like a muppet. At least with Leech, he has no offending features like that. Buzz-Off just looks stupid.

Leech still looks like he'll eff' you up with all those teeth.

I love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Leech still looks like he'll eff' you up with all those teeth.
    The teeth look too blunt to do anything but tickle a baby, to me.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    The teeth looks too blunt to do anything but tickle a baby, to me.
    I imagine they're just for the purpose of gripping and holding. Similar to an alligator or a crocodile's teeth. They are conical in shape so they can hold onto prey. They're not made for slashing or chewing.

Between the teeth, suction cup hands and feet,I imagine Leech just clamps onto you like a crocodile, but instead of ripping you apart in a death roll he sucks you dry. He has that disgusting suction cup in his mouth. So I can't imagine him actually chewing any thing up. He just doesn't appear to be made like that.

I see your point. I wish I could like him.

But like "hairy-potato" Griz, I'll be skipping this doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I see your point. I wish I could like him.
    Yeah, that's cool. I have my issues with some aspects of certain figures (Clawful and Buzz-Off's heads), but I still like them.

Leech is as close to perfection as I could have expected. He's that perfect balance between cartoon, vintage, modern, toy, and B-movie monster designs all rolled into one.

He's goofy, but he looks fine next to Whiplash, Beastman, Merman to me. I don't think there is a single design element on him that stands out. Not like Buzz-Off's stupid vintage head, or Clawful's muppet eyebrows. Those just seem out of place.

I still would have liked a 200x head for him, but this is one of the instances where I'm good without it.

I said classics Leech was 98% perfect. An articulated Neca staction would have been 99.5% perfect. That's the only way he could have been better in my opinion.

Leech is okay. One of the rare Horde members that actually looks like a motu character. His head is pretty cool, vintage and monstrous in a way I like.
    NOT surprised to see the usual complaints about heads and such . I suppose we'll have to deal with that every month now.

I hate Buzz-Off and CLawful's goofy vintage head
    I literally have no complaints with his head. Not like I do with Muppet Clawful and lipstick wearing Buzz-Off.
    Yes, but without 200x or "modern" alternate heads this is what we get. Muppet Clawful, and lipstick wearing Buzz-Off.
    It may seem contradictory, but I just can't get past Clawful's stupid eyebrows. That's a feature that just doesn't belong on Clawful. He literally looks like a muppet. At least with Leech, he has no offending features like that. Buzz-Off just looks stupid.
    Yeah, that's cool. I have my issues with some aspects of certain figures (Clawful and Buzz-Off's heads), but I still like them.
    Not like Buzz-Off's stupid vintage head, or Clawful's muppet eyebrows. Those just seem out of place.
    I wonder how many posts in a row you'll run with this?
    Tell us how you really feel dude!

Great pics for Leech and a fantastic read!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post

I wonder how many posts in a row you'll run with this?
    Tell us how you really feel dude!
    Until Mattel gets the idea. Head packs or 200x alternate heads should be no brainers for certain figures. They keep saying no, I keep complaining.

We were quiet on the subject of the dials being put on these figures as homages to the 80s toys. I had no objections to Optikk's dial because it blended in with the sculpt. I didn't like Sy-Klone's but it was still small so I dealt with it.

Then comes Hurricane Hordak and the dials were taken to the extreme. Ugly, non-functional, and pointless. Eric Treadway in the Roast Gooble Dinner basically said that he assumed Hurricane Hordak's dial would be fine because fans were relatively quite and nobody complained about the very small and relatively unobtrusive dials on Optikk and Sy-Klone.

I learned from that conversation to complain very loudly about what I don't like or else it's taken as tacit support for anything they do.

Oh yeah...I hate Clawful's muppet head and Buzz-Off's head too.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 18, 2011 at 04:46pm.

All the references to O'Keefe support my earlier observation that Leech looks like a sex toy.

Or perhaps a toad with a mouth full of marsh-mellows.

Very disappointing indeed.

I really like this version of Leech. I have no problem with his sculpt. I think it turned out wonderful. I really enjoy these reviews. It is amazing how many figures we have when you see the vintage posters at the end of each review.

I really don't get all the complaints that he doesn't look ENOUGH like an actual leech. It's a fantasy character…really does there need to be any more explaining than that? Blunt teeth…head too big…again…it's a fantasy character.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I just wanted to say I think is the best First Look ever! I really related to it. I was a total list-maker who annotated it with page numbers from the JC Penny catalog. That thing was like my bible around Christmas time.

Leech was definitely one of the most fun figures to play with. I don't think I actually had him though. I'm pretty sure I just borrowed him for extended time periods from my friend who lived next door. We used to swap characters all the time!

As for the figure himself, I think he turned out AWESOME. I think the figure's head is the perfect interpretation of the classic figure sans action feature. Love that that they also put the ball joints on his wrist.

I will have to say now that we have three of the original four Horde members... I'm worried that Mantenna might be far off in the plan! Just so they are spaced out more.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Loving Leech. I have no complaints and only praise for this figure. I cannot wait to get it in hand. I know what Nic Wood means when he talks about getting the 4 core Horde members together again. 1985 was a great year. I always considered Modulock as a core member as well though. Anyway great toy can't wait. Hopefully Man-E-Faces gets on my shelf before Leech does.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I really don't get all the complaints that he doesn't look ENOUGH like an actual leech. It's a fantasy character…really does there need to be any more explaining than that? Blunt teeth…head too big…again…it's a fantasy character.
    This.

I understand that people might have a preference for the Filmation head (that WOULD have been awesome) or for some other version (200X), but the new head IS really cool (IMO). It's not like he HAS to look like an actual leach.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I will have to say now that we have three of the original four Horde members... I'm worried that Mantenna might be far off in the plan! Just so they are spaced out more.
    I think we get Mantenna next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    This.

I understand that people might have a preference for the Filmation head (that WOULD have been awesome) or for some other version (200X), but the new head IS really cool (IMO). It's not like he HAS to look like an actual leach.
    I love the head it comes with, but a filmation head add in would have been great!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I would have also liked a classic suction head.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    now that would have been a turn off for me
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I was really expecting that one. Surprise, surprise.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I agree. The whole reason I'm not too fond of this head is because it looks too much like the suction cup head. I love the 200X and Filmation head. I've never been a fan of the 80's Leech toy...because of his head. The rest of him is awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I was really expecting that one. Surprise, surprise.
    Toyguru really wanted it, remember? The budget just wasn't there for it. That REALLY shocked me. He wanted a suction cup head and one that looks almost the same as the suction cup head.

Why not the Filmation head? They COULD have done that one. It's in the MOTU Styleguide. Nothing from the MOTU Styleguide has been made in this so-called "co-hesive" toyline... /rant.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 18, 2011 at 09:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I am not a fan of the head the 4 Horsemen sculpted and designed for Leech. I think it's the worst head Leech ever got. It's just a matter of tastes, but it's the very first face that I think the Horsemen got wrong. Roboto, Buzz-Off and Clawful had the very same look than their 80's vintage counterparts. But Leech's head just looks off to me... it looks way too goofy, much more so than the 80's one.

Now, I must add that IF there had been 2 heads, including a 200x inspired head, I would have been much happier with the figure, and probably wouldn't even have complained ! Every time I look at the 200x Leech staction figure, I just can't stop to think: "THIS is the head I would have loved to get for the Leech MOTUC figure !". And for that matter, even a Filmation head would have been cool... cooler than the current head, anyway.

I understand some people will prefer and enjoy the head MOTUC Leech comes with, but the whole thing is : the "no more 200x heads" rule really LIMITS the possibilities of those figures. And I imagine that if Roboto, Grizzlor, Buzz-Off, Clawful and... Leech had all come with a second 200x inspired head (or faceplate in Grizzlor's case), everyone would probably have been happy with the look and design of what they got.

All in all, the current MOTUC Leech is awesome from the neck down. But the head is what keeps me from enjoying this figure.

Can we hope to get a 200x-inspired head (or even a Filmation head) for Leech, someday ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; August 18, 2011 at 10:16pm.

I also would've preferred the style guide/Filmation head. I don't think the one we got is horrible or anything, but IMO the "snout" should've been more like a "sucker" than a gator-mouth or something.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I think it's the worst head Leech ever got.

I dunno if it's the "worst" but I definitely wasn't expecting Leech to have huge open teeth like that. I was kinda expecting some sort of mouth that looks capable of "suction" rather than gigantic shark teeth.

Edit: this Leech talk is full of all kinds of hilarious out of context naughtyness.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Leech's twin?