Page 69 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3676

Thread: The Fwoosh MotUC reviews, photos and pictures!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Gotta decide if I want two of them so I can have a choice of Zoars.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Thanks for the update Veebs, and great review too! I don't know if this will hold true once I have her in hand, but looking at the pics the drums don't phase me. I can see they're there and look dead at them, and they still don't phase me. She's just that cool, imo.

*edit* and it looks like she has a new torso mold, one with a collar(w/seperate bodice piece over it). One that could possibly be used for Scorpia at some point, or maybe Crita*
    Last edited by slackrguy; January 11, 2012 at 07:34pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    *edit* and it looks like she has a new torso mold, one with a collar(w/seperate bodice piece over it). One that could possibly be used for Scorpia at some point, or maybe Crita*
    That's what it looks like to me too.

SWEEEET! Shadow Weaver!
    Love the darker color for sure...she is THE evilest sorceress on Etheria!!! Pinkinsh, purplish, would not have worked IMO.
    She dosent look to have as bad a gap between her cap and shoulders+++++
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I wont personally be using that Falcon in my display (My rules of never having alter egos together on shelf).

and to me it will only ever be the sorceress in animal form, NOT Zoar!

Zoar is the Falcon that came with teela and the Green armor and perch! Just like the picture I drooled over on the back of the minicomic!

2 totally different characters!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I wont personally be using that Falcon in my display (My rules of never having alter egos together on shelf).

Zoar is the Falcon that came with teela and the Green armor and perch! Just like the picture I drooled over on the back of the minicomic!

ka
    ^
    This a thousand times!

I couldn't have said it better!
    To me Zoar is the male fighting falcon (orange with green armor) from the mini comics. He aids He-Man in combat.

The Sorceress' bird form is just that - the Sorceress.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm going to butcher his name but it's "George," spelled "Djordje."

He and his wife (a film director) live here in NYC. He's EXTREMELY talented and a great guy.

I met him, as did oulala, at sdcc, but also got to see him at NYCC. I've even run into him and his wife at the toy store!!

And NO, he is NOT one of my sources!!!!! I swear!!!!

He has sculpted some of my favorite figures, and I think his figures' faces are the best in the line.
    With respect the the original 4 Horsemen, men that I consider true artists whose work in all lines I absolutely love, I'm itching to see something else from Mr.#5. Djordje. I will try my best to remember this with my tiny mind.

I figured Fisto would be cool, but not particularly exciting for me, personally, as the straight-up vintage upgrade that I expected. The swappable part make him pretty exciting now, but that head sculpt is so fantastic that I don't even know if I'll use the add-ons. It could be some sort of critical mass for total awesome, which is dangerous.

And Bow? Not to offend anyone, but I didn't want that dude very much at all. The proto reveal changed that up really quick, in no small part to that impressive head sculpt. I suddenly understood why Etherians put up with his awful Christmas songs. He's incredibly attractive to the point where I feel ashamed and inadequate around women.

That's where I'm going with this. Toss one of the ladies Djordje's way. The female figures could use the variety and I think this guy's more than qualified for the task. Just a guess, but did he do Icarius as well?

When I first heard of this mythical "4th Horseman," I felt uneasy, as if the talent would be diluted. I hang my head in shame for this.

Hrm. Well, I knew they were gonna do that. I'm surprised Toyguru didn't think that would be a problem when he was displaying how it worked. Kinda...dodged around moving her arms forward. I dunno what the majority wants, but I personally would have liked unrestricted arm movement more than the wing action. I mean, the wing action means she can do ONE thing. If they had just attached them to the back, then she could do just about ALL things like all the other figures. Why restrict her just to give her an action? It's cute, but it takes away from the figure. I love these figures 'cause I can pose them how I want. The wings on the Sorceress takes that ability away.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm sure the majority wanted unrestricted arm movement. It taints an other-wise very good figure. Many times it feels like the personal presences of our brand manager out weight the preferences of the majority. This line could be even better if it truly was made for the fans with their wants in mind. Yes, nothing will ever please everyone, but many times the voice of the majority has been ignored to the delight of the few.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    To me Zoar is the male fighting falcon (orange with green armor) from the mini comics. He aids He-Man in combat.
    Personally, I like the idea that the Sorceress will sometimes turn into Zoar, complete with armour, & fly outside of Greyskull to kick ass if ever He-Man needs a little extra fire-power.

But then, my interpretation of the Sorceress is much darker than the usual sweetness & light.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Fisto is action figure perfection, plain and simple. Check him out in our First Look!

http://wp.me/p12o0s-5nL

So mean, epic, and manly!

Darkspecter's Fisto/Starla romance comes to pass!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

ka
    Falcon Sorceress will be down with the Royal Family in my display.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Fisto is TOUGH!!! Love it!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I rarely buy MOTUC, but I was jonesing for Fisto...until I saw the huge sword holder on his back. Even though I'd have used the 200x head and belt, the sword holder should have been for his regular sword. It's just this HUGE UGLY thing on his back, and it leaves a big open hole in his armor to boot. Ugh. I also wish his 200x headband's nosepiece actually covered his nose. This was my most anticipated figure in a loooooong time, but I'm not sure I can get over that sword holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Fisto is action figure perfection, plain and simple. Check him out in our First Look!

http://wp.me/p12o0s-5nL

AAAAHHHHHH!!!! Fisto is the one I've been waiting for, thnks Veebs!! Great review, he looks stunning! It looks like the armor is also molded a little better and doesn't look as bulky as, say, Hordak. As much as I love the vintage line, I think I'll be diplaying Fisto in his 200x look. The extra belt in fantastic!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Fisto is off the hook! That's how you do 200X in Classics Mattel! Give us both vintage and 200X options so that the figure can be customized however the hell we want.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

This is really one great figure!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Fisto is off the hook! That's how you do 200X in Classics Mattel! Give us both vintage and 200X options so that the figure can be customized however the hell we want.
    The man said it. Mattel monkeys pay attention.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Overall, he looks excellent. He's not perfect though.

That huge 200X sword sheath on his back is non-removable, and there's no means of storing his vintage sword. I know i'm being picky, but Fisto is my favourite character, so I wanted him to be flawless.

Fisto really does look amazing I can see him easily been one of my favourites.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Overall, he looks excellent. He's not perfect though. That huge 200X sword sheath on his back is non-removable, and there's no means of storing his vintage sword.
    My god. I just saw the pictures. That huge hanger on his back is TERRIBLE. What were they thinking? From the side it looks like a freaking pillbox with a shelf in front!!!

How stupid - trust them to spoil an otherwise awesome figure. It looks so clumsy from the side. And all because of that ridiculously giant sword! That sword is plain stupid & will be meeting my garbage can along with the bio.

However- his belt looks great. Though I like the alt. head, he looks more rugged without the head-band (which doesn't cover his nose anyway). The swoppable fist is also a nice touch.

Wow - Mattel *almost* got this one perfect. I'm hoping there's any easy custom to get rid of that GIANT hanger on his back. Jesus.

Awesome figure. As much as I wanted the headband before, I don't think I'll use it and will display him in his vintage look.
    The 200x sword is utterly absurd, but I think necessary since I guess it wasn't made in that era.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's works for him b/c it's simply minor fashion differences, not biological ones. It fits in with the concept of the line.

The old sword is a muppet sword. The old sword holder is a muppet sword holder. These are all thr 200x elements we have been begging for.