Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twilight Discussion

I was reading the first Rogue Angel book by Alex Archer, but forgot it one day on my way out the door to work, and bought Twilight at a drugstore so I'd have something to read at lunch. I read a bit, finished the RA book (great read, by the way, sort of Indiana Jones meets She-Ra mixed with um...good stuff) and started Twilight in earnest. I LOVED the book (I being a straight dude of 27), and was eager to see the film. My girlfriend (24) and I went to see it on Sunday, and we both liked it. I think I would've like it more if I had seen it before reading the novel, but I understand why the changes made were made. My girlfriend loved it and has nerly finished the book already, despite work and helping her grandmother fill out Christmas cards ad nauseum! I have not started the second book, but fully intend to. I just hope I don't get let down as I did with The Golden Compass series (Ugh, what a waste of potential! IMO, that is.)
    By the way, in the acknowledgements, the author thanked her family at fansofrealitytv.com (or something close, Hayley has the book so I cannot double-check), butshe mentions someone who goes by the name Mantenna!
    Cool, no?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    I read (or should I say, devoured?) these books a couple of months ago. The first two were "eh" but the last two...OMG I couldn't read them fast enough! I really loved them. Can't wait to see New Moon in a few weeks

Mt wife loves the movie and the book. She's read all the books and has plans to see the new movie.

Only good reason to watch Twilight:

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/twilight

I can't wait for New Moon to come out so they can do that one too.

I loved the books! I finished the series in 6 days and couldn't wait to rent the movie. I didn't want to see it in the theatre because I wanted to read the books first, and I knew someone would get them for me for Christmas.

My fiance hated the movie and refuses to read the books. He is 22 years old and doesn't handle "chick flicks" very well. The books made me remember what it's like to fall in love for the first time, but I found the movie to be a big disappointment by comparison.

I will however see New Moon but I will be renting it. I can't justify spending that kind of money to see a movie that I'm anticipating to be below my expectations.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Had to search for a thread.

Found one.

Okay I am going to the marathon next Thursday of all 5 movies, and am currently reading the novels just to see how much the movies differ from the books, heh through Twilight and halfway through New Moon, so I will be starting Eclipse tonight. But I am curious at what point in Eclipse do i stop and start reading the Short Second life of Bree Tanner??

Thanks,

Wendy
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I have read all the books and I've seen all the movies. I liked the first movie, didn't really care for the last two. Too much drama between Edward, Bella and Jacob. I just watched the last one and I liked it. I'm not a huge Twilight fan, but I thought this was better than the others.

Also I can't remember, in the book did they end up fighting the Vultori..... Voltori...Volwhatever at the end?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980