Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Protective Plastic Cases / Clamshells for MOTUC

I won't mind a modular dungeon cell (that fits one figure) that can be connected together as a display case. That way I could build the dungeons of Fright Zone or Snake Mountain or even Castle Greyskull. Just make three different versions of the dungeon cells in the appropriate colours - green bricks, purple snake skin, horde organo-techo-brick.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I'm all for Mermans idea!

If Mattel made a collector case solid enough to stand on some surface, and include seperatly cubes, big enough to let the figs be posed in there.
    Now add some cool nametacks. Hell, I buy it.

A perfect dust and smoke free way to display ones figs ... thats cool!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

I'd buy it. Would come in handy if I ever went on a trip.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like one, as well - and a Battle Bones!
    ne jabba no badda!

Movie mayhem!
    I think a collectors case would be really awesome!
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Heroic Warrior
    I had the original Carrying case, I thought it was a waste of time/money. it held what? 8 figures? What good was that? I had LOTS more than that! It was easier to carry them around in Castle Grayskull or a pillow case.

I think any kind of case/display would limit things too much. its an open ended series. i wouldn't want a grayskull or shelf or anything that holds 8/10/15 figures, because once its full... I'll feel like I'm done. Any extra figures would be scattered around look out of place.

I'd rather get vehicles/castles or something than displays.

You are thinking too small. 64 figures in the original line, you should have bought 8 carrying cases
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by MerMan72 View Post
    How cool would an 80's style collector case be?

Mattel could easily make one using the green rock motif from the cards, and add the character artwork from their magazine print ads for the various figures. A simple vinyl covered cardboard like the old ones would be cheap to produce.

Each case could hold 8-12 figures in plastic trays, just like the old ones, and they could include a label sheet with all the characters names.

I would definitely buy as many as it took to store the entire collection.

Who else wants one?
    That would be great. I always get 2 figures each from the MOTUC line. (one for mint card and one for opening and display). And this collector case would be great! Let's start a petition!

Quote Originally Posted by joe-or View Post
    I'd like one, as well - and a Battle Bones!
    I just came from my moms birthbay (64) and she hung up a picture (in the toilet) of me getting/ unpacking my battlebones 25 years or so ago. Man, it was my first Motu toy together with Fisto and Kahn. I was so happy.

I went up the attic and there he still was... first holder left side broken by Fisto covered with dust.

I remember choosing old bones because he was the biggest box there

Sounds like a cool idea, nostalgia wise, but I've grown tired of those old carrying cased over the years. My TMNT ones kinda fell apart, and I've found WAY better cases to carry things nowadays. I wouldn't mind if they kinda updated them to carry things in a different way and still put those old case pictures on the front...but...I just don't think I'd bother spending the cash when I've got so many things to put toys in as it is.

Battle Bones is another story, though! If you're gona make a figure carrier, I'm ALWAYS up for a giant skeleton!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    I just came from my moms birthbay (64) and she hung up a picture (in the toilet) of me getting/ unpacking my battlebones 25 years or so ago. Man, it was my first Motu toy together with Fisto and Kahn. I was so happy.

I went up the attic and there he still was... first holder left side broken by Fisto covered with dust.

I remember choosing old bones because he was the biggest box there
    If you can get a small version of that picture, you can store it in Battle Bones' mouth.
    ne jabba no badda!

That would be WAY cool, and even though I don't really need one, I would buy it in a second.

I would probably get one if it was available.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I think this would actually be a great idea. One of the big problems with loose collectible figures is storing and moving them safely if you need to put them away for a while, if you are redecorating, rearranging, moving, etc.

A collector's case would be welcome as both a throw-back to the old line and as a great storage option.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    A collector's case would be welcome as both a throw-back to the old line and as a great storage option.
    The sheer size of something like this would kill the idea, alone. Never mind the reality of Mattel's budget, and their previous statements about doing *nothing* but figures, because any other product would just eat into their fiure budget.

It ain't happening, and I'm glad for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    The sheer size of something like this would kill the idea, alone. Never mind the reality of Mattel's budget, and their previous statements about doing *nothing* but figures, because any other product would just eat into their fiure budget.

It ain't happening, and I'm glad for that.
    Unless thay can make one that holds all of the figures, it would be pointless. Now if they made a travel case with wheels and a pull out handle that would carry them all or most of them anyways Kinda like you see at the airport

cases

I'd like cases for motuc too.

Eh, just open your figures.

For my MOTUC moc i have purchased the case on Zoloworld, and are very beautiful and very useful! The blisters were beginning to spoil especially in the corners and so I solved the problem!

I have no need for them as i open my figures so I would not buy any but would be handy for the MIBers

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Does Mattel plan on doing protective cases for MOTUC?

Hasbro sells these really awesome protective cases for their GI Joe line, and I was wondering if Mattel is planning to do the same with the MOTUC line? I would love to display my MOC figures without having to bend the hook piece (and possibly breaking it) and to keep them dust free. Hasbro sells them in lots of 10 for $15, so they are nice and cheap to get.

Here is a picture sample if you are unsure by what I mean.

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I asked about clamshell cases in a Q&A recently on another site and they said that nothing was planned at this time.

The Zoloworld clamshells work perfect. I bought a case lot and have no regrets
    Org-ers Ive dealth with:

Big Country - traded MOTUC He-man MOC for MOTUC Merman MOC

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuff-Man View Post
    The Zoloworld clamshells work perfect. I bought a case lot and have no regrets
    What are those? How much are they?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I bought those as well. They saved my collection! They fit perfect and keep the corners from warping. They are a bit pricey. I was surprised those GI Joe cases are so cheap.

Zoloworld sells MOTUC cases 20 for $100. I think I actually got 22 for $100. You can go to www.zoloworld.com or www.thatnewstoysmell.com and I think they have a link to buy the cases.

They are a bit pricey but I swear, to keep your MOTUC safe form warping/damage, etc. it's worth it!