Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Protective Plastic Cases / Clamshells for MOTUC

I have to order about 11 more or so.....but as of right now I have enough to get through June or July depending on what comes out....I actually won't be displaying all of mine, some I really want because they look cool, like Horde Prime, and Draego Man, but honestly I will probably store them in the mailers on the shelf next to the out of mailer cased ones. Pretty much just because they are not part of my main MOTU display, not because I don't want them out, I really want them, and I can take them out anytime I want to look...but the majority of them will be displayed on my shelves in their nice protective cases.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

i like them but at 5$ a pop it's too rich for my blood. i have too many mosc to afford buying one for each.

Zoloworld definitely provide an amazing product and love that they have peg holes so you can hand your figs on the wall.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by in.cog.nito View Post
    i like them but at 5$ a pop it's too rich for my blood. i have too many mosc to afford buying one for each.
    $5 is far worth the price of these cases though. In fact, I am amazed he sells them for that price given how great they are.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I just got my first huge shipment of them and I LOVE them. The TRU 2-pack cases are phenomenal as well. He said that they are working on a new and improved 200x case and those can't come soon enough! I'd also love to see them make an oversized case for the Orko/Queen Marlena/Captain Glenn packages.
    What was the problem with the initial batch of 200x cases?

I've used the zoloworld MOTUC cases since day one. They are wonderful. I even got a handful signed at Power Con to put my figures in (versus carrying the figures around at the con - now I can display them with signatures or without!). The only issue I ever have with them is, occasionally a MOTUC figure's bubble will be adhered/aligned slightly lower then normal (King Grayskull, BG Teela). Once you close a zolo case around it, the case actually mashes the bottom corner(s) of the backing card because the alignment is slightly off. More of a manufacturing issue I suppose than a zolo issue, but I wish the cases were a tiny bit more roomy at the bottom to account for this occasional issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    $5 is far worth the price of these cases though. In fact, I am amazed he sells them for that price given how great they are.
    Compared to how much value they will add in the future to the figures, by keeping them mint and undamaged, and the displayability you otherwise didn't have without bending the hang tab up on the back, and possibly damaging the card doing so...I think $5 is a decent price for such added value and protection.

Aside from the way too pricey Acrylic cases, which to me are overkill unless you plan on storing them, or have a huge room, or another house just to display all your collections, the ZW cases are the only other way to protect them, and are reasonably priced if you think of it....in stores when the SW EpIII figures came out, they were selling cases in stores like Target $10 for 6 cases which is almost $2 a case...$1.67 each, and that was with retail pricing....another $3 a piece gets you protection for a much better line of toys, and bigger cases, I know it's still a bit too along with buying the actual Masters figures, but if you can afford it, they are worth it.

I had a few SWIII figures and cases, and loved how much those cases protected the figures, and when I found out there were cases for MOTUC, I scraped enough together to make sure I got enough for mine, at least through June or July 2012, I need more I know...and I was seriously not disappointed when I opened the box, and saw how sturdy and how nice they really were first hand, no more bent cards, no more scuffed bubbles, as soon as they leave the mailer now, they go right in their case.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 28, 2011 at 10:01am.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Well this is strange. I cannot find their DCvs 2 packs cases suddenly. I had 3 in my shopping cart a little while ago, and now they have completely disappeared from the site.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

they're there now.
    Coming....
    Considering....

I just got my order of zoloworld cases in. I just ordered one or two of each one to see what I liked. The original moc motu cases are awesome, I love how they look and are protected with handling.

The loose motu figs are great too! There are a few figs that don't fit quite as well, ie two bad/mantenna, are there any other cases that are the same size with larger bubbles that any have found?

I'm still undecided on the motuc cases. The cases are great! I have all my figs moc in a closet stacked in their white mailers, which is very efficient for limited space, but it sucks to have to take them in and out of the boxes for viewing. I noticed that the cases don't really stack just right, so Im unsure that I want to go that route. Do the white mailers add anything in value to the figures, if you have them or not?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    they're there now.
    Thank you, I just ordered.

Hemo, the cases make the white mailers obsolete. In fact, except for the large figures, I have tossed out every white mailer I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemotoggy View Post
    I just got my order of zoloworld cases in. I just ordered one or two of each one to see what I liked. The original moc motu cases are awesome, I love how they look and are protected with handling.

The loose motu figs are great too! There are a few figs that don't fit quite as well, ie two bad/mantenna, are there any other cases that are the same size with larger bubbles that any have found?

I'm still undecided on the motuc cases. The cases are great! I have all my figs moc in a closet stacked in their white mailers, which is very efficient for limited space, but it sucks to have to take them in and out of the boxes for viewing. I noticed that the cases don't really stack just right, so Im unsure that I want to go that route. Do the white mailers add anything in value to the figures, if you have them or not?
    they stack nicely I did it, all you'd have to do is spin every other one around so the angles of the cards are offset, but they do stack nice, I did it just to see and I used 8 of them high, the back of the case being inset helps too. But I don't store mine that way mine are on shelves on the wall, but I could get rid of the shelves if I wanted, because they hang nice and straight.

And I think the loose vintage MOTU ones only come in the one size...maybe one of the carded cases would work, I know they're bigger for the cards, but they might still work. The vintage didn't have plastic inserts to hold them anyway, so it should work.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 31, 2011 at 08:30pm.
    Coming....
    Considering....

in your opinion, yes just as in mine i would be willing to pay 3$ a pop. i'm not saying they aren't made well, or that they aren't quality, but i can just as easy put a push pin in the wall above and below a carded figure then to pay 5$ just so i don't have to unfold the plastic hook on the card. and i would end up having to get 30 of them. i would rather spend 150$ on toys then plastic display holders.

Compared to how much value they will add in the future to the figures, by keeping them mint and undamaged, and the displayability you otherwise didn't have without bending the hang tab up on the back, and possibly damaging the card doing so...I think $5 is a decent price for such added value and protection.

Aside from the way too pricey Acrylic cases, which to me are overkill unless you plan on storing them, or have a huge room, or another house just to display all your collections, the ZW cases are the only other way to protect them, and are reasonably priced if you think of it....in stores when the SW EpIII figures came out, they were selling cases in stores like Target $10 for 6 cases which is almost $2 a case...$1.67 each, and that was with retail pricing....another $3 a piece gets you protection for a much better line of toys, and bigger cases, I know it's still a bit too along with buying the actual Masters figures, but if you can afford it, they are worth it.

I had a few SWIII figures and cases, and loved how much those cases protected the figures, and when I found out there were cases for MOTUC, I scraped enough together to make sure I got enough for mine, at least through June or July 2012, I need more I know...and I was seriously not disappointed when I opened the box, and saw how sturdy and how nice they really were first hand, no more bent cards, no more scuffed bubbles, as soon as they leave the mailer now, they go right in their case.
    really? the plastic case from zoloworld is going to ADD value to a figure? like i said above all you have to do is put a pushpin under the figure and above the figure and not though the cardboard, it doesn't warp the plastic or card. if you're super concerned put a little dot of bluetac on the end of the pushpin where it comes in contact with the plastic bubble below the figure, or do that and add a second pushpin on the bottom and space it out.
    im not saying they aren't cool, nor am i saying that they aren't quality and serve their purpose well, im just saying it's too steep for a plastic holder for a mosc figure.

in your opinion, yes just as in mine i would be willing to pay 3$ a pop. i'm not saying they aren't made well, or that they aren't quality, but i can just as easy put a push pin in the wall above and below a carded figure then to pay 5$ just so i don't have to unfold the plastic hook on the card. and i would end up having to get 30 of them. i would rather spend 150$ on toys then plastic display holders.

really? the plastic case from zoloworld is going to ADD value to a figure? like i said above all you have to do is put a pushpin under the figure and above the figure and not though the cardboard, it doesn't warp the plastic or card. if you're super concerned put a little dot of bluetac on the end of the pushpin where it comes in contact with the plastic bubble below the figure, or do that and add a second pushpin on the bottom and space it out.
    im not saying they aren't cool, nor am i saying that they aren't quality and serve their purpose well, im just saying it's too steep for a plastic holder for a mosc figure.
    About the $5 that is your opinion. I prefer to have something that makes my figures protected in my display, where the card and bubbles won't get all scuffed up and bent. Maybe $5 is not a value to some....it can add up yes, but to me, and apparently others they are worth the $5...Some MOTUC to me are not worth the $20 (and soon more) they go for...so to each his own. Buy them don't buy them, it's your preference, just like I don't buy every Classics figure. MOSC figures retain the highest future value compared to their loose counterparts...keeping the package undamaged as possible is one of the reasons to collect MOSC...I mean if not then just open them, if package condition doesn't matter.

And yes they will add value by preserving the quality of the packaging (And I already said that in the quoted post, if you actually read it) especially when placing them in there right after opening the mailer. If you don't open the cases and mess with the figures after you put them in, and as long as you don't think they are bathtub toys or something or try to use them for batting practice, then the figures and their packaging will remain the same exact way you put them in the case if you were to remove them years from now. Therefore the cases add value by preserving the original condition of the package....

Tell me in 30 years if 2 MOTUC (same figure) were put on Ebay, and one had creases, and scuffs, and wear from 30 years of handling, hanging or sitting on a shelf, even if the damage wasn't overly heavy, but highly noticeable, and the other was exactly the same as day one put in the case (especially if left unopened after placing it inside), these or any case, even the acrylic ones, very very minute damage (some do suffer some slight minimal damage from production) ....which one do you think would net the most value? That is my point, that is why I use the cases, and why I would never use push pins, if I were to actually hang mine, I'd rather leave them in the mailers stacked in the closet. I know my Classics will look exactly the same in 30 years when they are given to my son, as they do now. You want to use push pins, that's all fine for you, they're your figures, and your money, mine...are going in those cases, because to me a $20 brand new and mint collectors figure, is worth another $5 to protect it.

Everyone has their own opinion, and a lot of MOSC collectors happen to like cases like these, and see the need to protect their investments. I mean that's what MOTUC are..investments, as well as for enjoyment, and I plan on doing all I can to ensure their future value. I use the cases to protect the cards from getting bent, and the actual figure bubbles from shelf wear, such as scuffs....I display mine in these cases on a shelf, not hanging, I didn't buy them to hang, I bought them to protect.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; November 1, 2011 at 02:07am.
    Coming....
    Considering....

they stack nicely I did it, all you'd have to do is spin every other one around so the angles of the cards are offset, but they do stack nice, I did it just to see and I used 8 of them high, the back of the case being inset helps too. But I don't store mine that way mine are on shelves on the wall, but I could get rid of the shelves if I wanted, because they hang nice and straight.

And I think the loose vintage MOTU ones only come in the one size...maybe one of the carded cases would work, I know they're bigger for the cards, but they might still work. The vintage didn't have plastic inserts to hold them anyway, so it should work.
    Thats a good idea using the vintage moc case, i think it would be nice to have some printed artwork to go along with it, is there any sources for good scans or pictures of the original motu packaging?

Sure, it can get pricey, but that is why I buy only a certain amount at a time. Usually I buy another batch of them every 6 months. Plus, if you buy a lot of them at once, you get discounts.

It is more than just not having to bend the plastic hook, it is about keeping them clean and they will not bend or warp over time.

Sure, it can get pricey, but that is why I buy only a certain amount at a time. Usually I buy another batch of them every 6 months. Plus, if you buy a lot of them at once, you get discounts.

It is more than just not having to bend the plastic hook, it is about keeping them clean and they will not bend or warp over time.
    I can live with a $5 investment to protect a $20 initial figure (soon to be more), that will go up in value as the years go, so long as the package stays in as mint a condition as possible....so yes $5 in the overall life of the figure is worth it....And I know everyone can't afford them....I have to get the cash together myself for another lot of them, I'm not rich by any means....but to me they are worth it...I had to buy the ones I had spaced out over a couple months, but I have them now, the added value by means of protection into the future is well worth a little money spent now.
    Coming....
    Considering....

which clamshell cases?

Hey everyone. I have a few MOC classics that I want to put in clamshell cases. Which are a better option?....Zoloworld cases or the Matty clamshells? Thanks for any comparisons you can give me!

I only have the Matty clam shells, so I can't compare to Zoloworld. But, I think the Matty clam shells are very nice. They have a "mattycollector" logo embossed on the back of the clamshell--so maybe your MOC figures look more official that way?

Price wise, I don't think there is much of a difference. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    Hey everyone. I have a few MOC classics that I want to put in clamshell cases. Which are a better option?....Zoloworld cases or the Matty clamshells? Thanks for any comparisons you can give me!
    Only differences are the ZW cases are hinged and don't sit flat on a table. If you're hanging them, no big deal pick either one, if you plan to sit them on a table or shelf....Get the Matty one's.

The ZW one's are a little cheaper though, and get cheaper in bulk, the Matty cases will always be 3 for $15. Plus ZW shipping is also cheaper than Matty shipping.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; September 18, 2013 at 10:06am.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Only differences are the ZW cases are hinged and don't sit flat on a table. If you're hanging them, no big deal pick either one, if you plan to sit them on a table or shelf....Get the Matty one's.

The ZW one's are a little cheaper though, and get cheaper in bulk, the Matty cases will always be 3 for $15. Plus ZW shipping is also cheaper than Matty shipping.
    Thank you! That's what I needed to know, as I will be setting them on shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    Thank you! That's what I needed to know, as I will be setting them on shelves.
    No problem.

The Matty ones have a foot of sorts molded into the front so they sit flat, the ZW ones don't and the hinge makes them lean too far forward. But like I said, the ZW cases in the end will be cheaper due to a lower price and lower shipping, but for you, the Matty ones clearly work better.

I had the ZW cases when mine were MOSC, and I had to make something to put under them to make them sit flat and level on my shelves, had the Matty cases been out, I'd likely have ordered them, but I ordered in small bursts buying 5 or 6 at a time over months as I got more and more MOTUC, so it would have cost me more to buy them than it did the ZW cases.

The most I ever paid in shipping from ZW was $6....for 6 cases, Matty would cost me $11, plus be another $.20 or so more per case....and that adds up. And now the ZW cases are $4 each, the Matty cases are $5 if you do the math.

But like I said, if you have a specific need for the cases, then buy the ones that specifically work for the purpose you need them to serve.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; September 18, 2013 at 11:35am.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Protective cases?

Does anyone know where to find quality cases for the MOTUC figures? Zoloworld is sold out of their cases and just curious if any other companies make some.

Thanks!

May be a dumb question, but did you check with Zoloworld to see if they might have them back in stock soon?
    I always recommend their cases, and I'd personally wait if possible, if they plan to restock them.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

We will have them back on pre-order soon. We are in the process of revising our cases to the new ZOLOLOC system (2 part). As far as time line, we need a bunch of them so we are hoping within the following quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Knight View Post
    We will have them back on pre-order soon. We are in the process of revising our cases to the new ZOLOLOC system (2 part). As far as time line, we need a bunch of them so we are hoping within the following quarter.
    Cool thanks! I shall wait. I want to get them for my collection. Are they UV protected? I'd like to display some of them but I dont want the sun damage from my windows.