Thread: Does anybody know what role Faker would have played in the MYP series?

Does anybody know what role Faker would have played in the MYP series?

I was watching the commentary on The Courage Of Adam" and they guys said that the robot that was posing as He-Man was intended to be used later as Faker.

Does anybody have any inside info on how it would have played out?

I'm sure others know more than me and will post but I believe that Faker would have be the main plot device for Eternia losing faith in He-Man and would also have somthing to do with the horde returning, if I remember correctly.

Remembering that Val and MVC Comics had a totally different and intriguing story for Faker that got nixed but when the site gets revamped, Val is gunna spill all the beans!

I feel that he would have been an evil robot.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

After growing up, I've always felt like Faker shouldn't be an evil robot (or a robot at all). My story for Faker would be something like this:

Skeletor and Evil Lyn somehow acquire the means to make a clone of He-Man (DNA, some old-school spell, whatever). The process works, but there's an unforeseen side effect, so the clone, though an exact copy of He-Man physically, has blue skin and red hair. Skeletor, with no use for a blue He-Man, immediately casts the clone out.

The Masters of the Universe then befriend him somehow, telling him it's OK he's different, that he can still make a difference, and he's welcome to join their ranks. Faker doesn't entirely believe it is OK to be different, but he likes what he hears, so he's game. And all would be fine for half an episode or so , until Faker either fails in some aspect of hero duties (perhaps due to his difficult "upbringing"?) and/or overhears some of the Masters talking about him. Faker misunderstands, believes himself to truly be a freak, an outcast, and a failure, and goes his own way.

So, I see him as a tragic hero-turned-semi villain because of circumstances beyond his control (his unnatural creation). I know he's a robot to everybody, but I think he's more compelling as a human being, not entirely unlike Bizarro from Superman. He's got the tools to be a hero, but he's emotionally scarred, damaged goods both in his mind and others (specifically his "parents", Skeletor and Evil Lyn. And just for the record, he'd never refer to them as "My parents" or "Dad and Mom" but rather "My creators").

The robot used in Adams courage I think was supposed to become Faker. The creation of Faker was tied to the coming of the Horde but I am not sure if I remember correctly.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    I'm sure others know more than me and will post but I believe that Faker would have be the main plot device for Eternia losing faith in He-Man and would also have somthing to do with the horde returning, if I remember correctly.
    Eternia losing faith in He-Man?! That would o' been terrible.... and one crazy story line. I wish so bad the series would have continued. I'm not however diggin' the rumor that the Sorceress would've been killed off.

It would've been real cool to see Faker though. If you pause the scene in "Courage Of Adam" where the hologram over the He-Man robot starts to flicker, he turns Faker colors.

Heroic Warrior
    Faker's appearance would've been so cool.

Remembering that Val and MVC Comics had a totally different and intriguing story for Faker that got nixed but when the site gets revamped, Val is gunna spill all the beans!
    I thought Unemployed Skeletor already did that in one of his video blogs?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    he did! but it only concerned the comic as far as i remember.

that info REALLY needs to be transcribed and stored on the .org here
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    he did! but it only concerned the comic as far as i remember.

that info REALLY needs to be transcribed and stored on the .org here
    I don't remember getting the full story that was planned for that comic. If I remember correctly, it alluded to why Faker is blue. I think it had something to do with colours reversing in that dimension but I don't remember it being explained.
    I don't remember being told about Faker knowing He-Man is Adam (since Faker was the Adam of his universe) or how that would work with Skeletor.
    Or how Faker ended up with cybernetic parts.
    If you guys know, please tell

I don't remember getting the full story that was planned for that comic. If I remember correctly, it alluded to why Faker is blue. I think it had something to do with colours reversing in that dimension but I don't remember it being explained.
    I don't remember being told about Faker knowing He-Man is Adam (since Faker was the Adam of his universe) or how that would work with Skeletor.
    Or how Faker ended up with cybernetic parts.
    If you guys know, please tell
    That's the only thing I didn't like about the MVC comic. The whole reverse color dimention was kinda lame to me. I prefer Faker being the robot enfused with the power of Despondos.

The cybernetic parts are part of the beings of that dimention. The Fake Man at Arms had cyber parts too. And the real Man at arms called He-man blue robotic freak if I remember correctly. Who knows. Maybe that dimention was used by some evil force as an experiment with cyborgs.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/