Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Adventures (NA) Support Thread

New Adventures (NA) Support Thread

The previous NA thread was more Mini-Sub based and as we're probably not going to get dedicated "faction" based mini-subs anymore I thought it best to create a new thread for general NA support in MOTUC Collectors Choice from Super7 so we can finally complete that vintage line up.

I believe it's been said Super7 are going to do 2 waves of 4 Collectors Choice figures per year (have I got that right?), so how do you want Super7 to handle NA figures? One per wave? One per year? Personally I'd love one per wave so we can get a Galactic Guardian and a Mutant per year.
    I'd still also be up for out of sub/wave NA multi or mega packs as exclusives so we can complete the vintage line up quicker.

Here's a list of some of the characters available but feel free to use any not on this list.

Vintage Figure:
    Kayo
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    Sagitar
    Spinwit
    Artilla
    Hoove
    Lizzor
    Staghorn
    Quakke
    Butthead
    DoD Skeletor

Jetlag Cartoon:
    Battle Armor/Queen Crita
    Master Sebrian
    Gleep and UR

Other Media (UK/German comics and Annual) and Concepts:
    Crystoll
    Detector

NA Essentials:

Other wanted NA:

MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Hope they can squeeze 1 per wave in. Holding out hope they finish off the essentials, but at the very least want to see Sagitar, Hoove, and DoD Skeletor.

Widget
    Very good suggestions.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want them to finish off the Vintage Line and give us Master Sebrian and I would be very happy. Anything else would be icing on the cake.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle,Uncle Montork,King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

So many suggestions.
    I hope to see my favorites which I believe would turn out into amazing figures if handled properly by the fab4: Nocturna, Spinwit, SAGITTAR , Vizar, Lizorr, Quakke and Na Sorceress. I wouldnt mind jetlag figures such as Master Sebrian, Drissi and NA Teela.

Ice on the cake would be starship eternia plus astrosub and pod
    Last edited by Triklops 1; January 12, 2017 at 03:43pm.
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

How anyone could not want the horsemen to tackle the rest of the space mutants is beyond me. Of course nocturna has been high on my list for years.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want them to finish off the Vintage Line and give us Master Sebrian and I would be very happy. Anything else would be icing on the cake.
    Same, although I would love a Drissi figure.

I would also happily take a Queen Crita figure.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Same, although I would love a Drissi figure.

I would also happily take a Queen Crita figure.
    I'd love to see Sebrian, Toga Mara AND Drissi. Caz too.

Aside from maybe Sagitar, getting more NA is going to be tough. They have to compete with all of the other remaining eras, like mini-comics, original Filmation characters and some 200X/MYP characters (aside from the 200X/MYP variants).

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Sign me up for all the support!!
    The NA Classics designs are outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Sign me up for all the support!!
    The NA Classics designs are outstanding!
    I agree! The NA figures have benefited the most from the "classicsizing" machine! Bring on more!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Obviously I want the vintage figures, although Noctrurna, Lizorr and Kayo are kind of meh, to me. But I also really want the cartoon supporting characters, including the scientists. Drissi, Caz, Gleep, UR, Sebrian and even the scientists are higher on my list than Nocturna, Kayo and Lizorr. The size and height variations among that list of characters would really be awesome once a few of them are released. Having Caz and the robots who are short, Sebrian, Drissa, toga Mara and the scientists who are (mostly) pretty average in size, would really help the beefed up vintage figure cast seem much more interesting in my opinion. Where as there is very little size variations among the vintage MOTU cast, having a much more varied silhouette of figures would help NA stand out as something special and unique. At least that's how I see it.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for it. Top of my list would be Sagitar, Drissi and Caz, Sebrian, Discs of Doom Skeletor and a cartoon version of He-Man. Perfectly happy to get the rest of the vintage line as well. Like others, MOTUC made me a fan of NA. I'd prefer this over more Filmation.

Yes, I'm all for getting us more New Adventures characters and I want to see them all made before MOTUC is done for good. I'm hoping Super 7 can deliver us the remaining vintage toys and the key characters from the cartoon before MOTUC rides off into the sunset permanently.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, Lodar, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Granita, Teela, Hordak head, Dylamug, Twiggets, Trollans, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Thank you for starting this thread 13977!!

Super7 has GOT to realize that there are a large number of longtime, as well as newly converted, New Adventures fans out here! Although Mattel went out with a fizzle, they got one of the BEST MOTUC figures out the door at the last minute with Tuskador! The 4H can continue to work their magic with these awesome character designs and deliver on Mattel's "all inclusive" idea that started in 2008...

We have an abundance of great Jetlag-exclusive characters that are dying to make it into the 3rd dimension - not to mention the REST OF THE VINTAGE FIGURES! 2-Packs, 3-Packs, I don't care how... just get these guys produced!! It's criminal that characters like Sebrian, Sagitar, Hoove, Spinwit, Lizorr, Nocturna and Kayo have had to wait this long as it is... we need more NA from Super7, or, at the very least, an NA-heavy selection for 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Aside from maybe Sagitar, getting more NA is going to be tough. They have to compete with all of the other remaining eras, like mini-comics, original Filmation characters and some 200X/MYP characters (aside from the 200X/MYP variants).
    I don't think that this is much of a problem. Other than the original Filmation characters (which is a separate line all together) there is a competent, but slim, selection of characters left in the other eras. But certainly nothing that could, or should, compete with the rest of the vintage New Adventures characters (in my opinion...)
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Thank you for starting this thread 13977!!

Super7 has GOT to realize that there are a large number of longtime, as well as newly converted, New Adventures fans out here! Although Mattel went out with a fizzle, they got one of the BEST MOTUC figures out the door at the last minute with Tuskador! The 4H can continue to work their magic with these awesome character designs and deliver on Mattel's "all inclusive" idea that started in 2008...

We have an abundance of great Jetlag-exclusive characters that are dying to make it into the 3rd dimension - not to mention the REST OF THE VINTAGE FIGURES! 2-Packs, 3-Packs, I don't care how... just get these guys produced!! It's criminal that characters like Sebrian, Sagitar, Hoove, Spinwit, Lizorr, Nocturna and Kayo have had to wait this long as it is... we need more NA from Super7, or, at the very least, an NA-heavy selection for 2017.

I don't think that this is much of a problem. Other than the original Filmation characters (which is a separate line all together) there is a competent, but slim, selection of characters left in the other eras. But certainly nothing that could, or should, compete with the rest of the vintage New Adventures characters (in my opinion...)
    There's just so much stuff up in the sir that we don't know about yet. Can Super 7 do Princess of Power ? if not that removes Hunga, Granita, Dylamug and the Twiggets from the ranks.

Can they do the Movie Characters? If not that removes Karg and all the movie variants?

Can they do characters from Tomarts and the Power & Honor Foundation book? If not there no Horde Mummy and such.

Can or will they do characters that Scott created for the mini comics like Lady Slither, Great Black Wizard and Fang-Or?

Are they going to use any of the Son of He-Man characters? Characters from the actual pitch like Kay-La, Sawtooth, Air Bag, Forklift, Missle Toe?

Are the rights and making Illumina going to be cleared up with Emiliano?

Are they going to fill precious slots with variants of character we already have in the Collectors Choice line ( MYP and mini comic, and whatever other variant people ask for)?

Are they going to leave the few spots in Collectors Choice for totally unique never before done in Masters Of The Universe Classics characters like the remaining New Adventures, Hawke, King Miro, Quee Andreeno, Lodar, Kittrina, Mask of Power Demons?

Are they going to be open to characters from either the original Create a Charcter Contest runner ups from the 80's and the one from 2012? I would really like to see Three Beast, Bubblor, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Compactor, and Brainwave. To a less extent I would take Eye-Beam and Netta if the 4H could really make them look awesome.

There's too many things we don't know yet. Hopefully with the reveals we get some answers to these questions.
    Last edited by bribri4u; January 13, 2017 at 02:18am.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle,Uncle Montork,King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

I'd be all for some more New Adventures characters.
    All the characters that originally had a toy in the 90s and Master Sebrian seems the least we should expect from the line.

Although I'd also be stoked for a New Adventures Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm sorry to say to fans of theirs, but even as a NA fan I personally have zero interest in figures of Toga Mara, Drissi and Caz. Hope those that do want them can get them though.

I honestly don't think it's going to be tough at all. Just like Matty did they need to appeal to all factions of MOTU and not top load a wave with one particular factions. If they're doing four figures per wave then that neatly falls in with:
    1 NA
    1 Filmation
    1 200x
    1 Other Media
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I don't care about the Jetlag characters (now that we have the essentials Mara and Crita)...

But...

All the characters from the original New Adventures toy line NEEDS to me made in Classics.
    We already have the entire MOTU and POP roster, we need the rest of NA for the Classics line to be truly complete in my opinion.

That means we need Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Sagitar, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Lizorr and Quakke.
    That, and the mini-comic version of the Sorceress in her Silverhawk gear!

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    I'd definitely like to see one per wave. With all the other vintage lines complete and as we cross off more and more fan favorites from other mediums I could even see it going to 2 per wave in a few waves. I really want to see these factions get completed.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Dylamug/Malektha/Twiggets/Granita/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi
    MISC:Delora/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Karg/Damon
    BEASTS:Stridor/Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/TyrantisaurousRex/Mantisaur

Maybe the Filmation line was changed to Club Grayskull so that adding NA figures down the road might be possible without ruffling too many feathers. I would love a cartoon accurate He-Man and Skeletor. That's probably all I'd care to re-buy, of already released characters, but I could see them adding Sebrian, Mara, Drissi and Caz to the line that way.

I don't think it's reasonable at this point to pin hopes on Super 7 finishing the entire vintage NA line, as much as the 4H are doing good work on them. That era just isn't as loved or as strong a seller, it seems.

Sagitar and Quaake look cool, so I'd think they would be priorities, but I would advocate for the 4H creating a new NA era character. I think they'd come up something better than some of those vintage concepts...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I honestly don't think it's going to be tough at all. Just like Matty did they need to appeal to all factions of MOTU and not top load a wave with one particular factions. If they're doing four figures per wave then that neatly falls in with:
    1 NA
    1 Filmation
    1 200x
    1 Other Media
    I think this is an outstanding idea. It will all depend on how open buyers are to things that do more than repeat their most cherished childhood memories. People can buy what they like and what they don't like, but I'm still astonished by the NA hate that is still around. I say this as one who got into the line early and almost did not subscribe for 2010 because I knew there would be a NA figure in there and was not interested in NA at all.

Since then, the NA figures have been some of my absolute favorites, and the Galactic Protectors really need some more love. It boggles my mind that anyone could look at Icarius and Tuskador and not think they are some of the absolute best figures in the line.

NA has the distinct advantage of really bolstering the Spacey/Sci-Fi aspects of the line, which were there from the beginning but sometimes subsumed under the more Conanesque aspects of Masters. We need more of them!

That being said, one per wave is reasonable. I'd say that next year we should get the following:

Master Sebrian
    Quakke

And then for a beast/large figure special slot, give us Sagitar.

I also wouldn't be opposed to getting out some two packs or multi packs. I don't want this line to end completely before we get all vintage figures plus Master Sebrian.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I don't think it's reasonable at this point to pin hopes on Super 7 finishing the entire vintage NA line, as much as the 4H are doing good work on them. That era just isn't as loved or as strong a seller, it seems.

Sagitar and Quaake look cool, so I'd think they would be priorities, but I would advocate for the 4H creating a new NA era character. I think they'd come up something better than some of those vintage concepts...
    But something to think about is that while NA might not have been considered a strong seller for Mattel, those same numbers could be huge for Super 7 as a smaller company. I'd venture to say that even a poor selling NA figure probably pulls way more dollars in than some of their obscure and niche MOTU products that they've been selling prior to acquiring this license.

I really hope they complete the vintage line-up.

My priority list is:
    1) Sagitar
    2) Lizorr
    3) Quakke
    4) Kayo
    5) Master Sebrian
    6) Hoove
    7) Artilla
    8) Staghorn
    9) Spinwit
    10) Vizar
    11) Nocturna
    12) Butthead
    13) Adam
    14) anyone else they might want to throw in
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Lizorr, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    What I mean by "original Filmation characters" are characters like Dylamug, Hunga, Kittrina, etc. who usually dominate the yearly lists. Those characters, a few leftover 200X/MYP original characters, 200X/MYP variants of main MOTU (characters like WMD Roboto, General Rattlor, Teenage Prince Adam, 200X Sorceress, etc.) and mini-comic characters (Prince Dakon, Lodar, Mask of Power Demons) would be NA's sole competition.

I hope NA gets more than one figure a year, depending on how big Super 7's yearly offerings are.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto