Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Super 7 and Brian Flynn know what you want in MOTUC

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Let Super 7 and Brian Flynn know what you want in MOTUC

Since Classics is now in the hands of Super 7, I created this thread so that fans can express what they'd like to see for the future.

Those at SDCC should be sure to express their feelings to Super 7's Brian Flynn in person. Talk about the things YOU want to see in Classics and the things you DON'T want to see. If you want things like Granita, Dylamug, Lodar, Karg, Hawke, Quakke, Stridor, Lady Slither, The Twiggets, Sagitar, Horde Mummy, Hunga, King Miro, Snake Mountain, Attak Trak, etc. express that to him. Just based on my observations of what Super 7 digs, I'm concerned they may go down a different road.

Super 7 is awesome and I love the stuff they've done, such as the M.U.S.C.L.E. figures and Kenner-style figures. I want to make that clear. Those guys are doing really cool things.

I just feel that Classics (and Club Grayskull) isn't the place for artsy counterculture repaints or loads of unexpected new "vanity" characters in place of demanded characters. Don't get me wrong. If it's cool, an occasional new character here and there is awesome - i.e. Draego Man. However, loading the line up with hip new variants and lots of new characters is not the essence of Classics. I mean, do we want Karg, Granita, Lady Slither, and Lodar or do we want the Terror Jaguar, Terror Wolf, Terror Bat, and Possessed Skeletor from the new cartoon? Or do we want all of the above? For my money, if I had to pick between them, I'd certainly go with the first four (which were the top fan picks in last year's big poll). We've been collecting this line for 8 years, and those who are still collecting at this point are the hardcore hobbyists. It's up to us to give Super 7 clear feedback on what we want. Whether they choose to heed those requests is up to them. The ball is definitely in their court as far as that goes.

I love the punk DIY ethos and believe in it pretty strongly actually, but I can't say the counterculture vibe is right for Classics, or Club Grayskull. I think I know the desires of this fanbase pretty well and I can say quite confidently that a good majority of fans want long-desired characters vs. stuff like Dragon Blaster Tri-Klops or Test Shot Terror Aardvark.

So if you see Brian, just politely talk to him about what YOU want to see and don't be afraid to tell him what you don't want to see. Please encourage other fans there to do the same. If you aren't at SDCC, please post here or anywhere you frequent on the interwebs about your hopes.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; July 21, 2016 at 11:30pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Thanks, great post.

2 words: SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Everything else is a distant second at this point.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Thanks, great post.

2 words: SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Everything else is a distant second at this point.
    With 2 words, you said it all!!!!

As for the figures, depends from how many Super 7 can release in a year. If we go with the current CC/CG sub sistem, for the Collector Choice the most popular are already known more or less:
    -Lodar
    -Sagitar
    -Stridor
    -Dylamag
    -Hawke
    -King/Captain Miro
    -Granita
    -Hunga the Harpy
    -Lady Slither
    -Fangor
    -200x Sorceress etc

Probably a New Adventures mini sub will needed too, to complete that faction.
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 21, 2016 at 07:25pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Look at the fan polls, in short. That's the best indication of character selection I think there could be.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Snake Mountain!
    And some vehicles! Road Ripper, Land Shark, Dragon Walker, etc
    ROTON!
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Snake Mountain. Lodar. Lady Slither. Roboto Variant. Fang-Or. Fright Zone. Monstroid.

Done.

First off, let me say congrats on taking the reins... you folks are in for a crazy and wild ride with us!
    That said, I am keeping an open mind as to what you folks are going to offer as far as a line that is compatible with our pre-existing MOTUC collections.
    I am hoping for same (or improved) articulation points, sculpting style, I was going to say quality of paint and plastics used... but I think there's room for improvement in that department (see previous complaints regarding crappy paint jobs, warped weapons from the way they are being packed in with the figures, that sort of thing).
    As far as character selection goes, I would love to keep getting figures of characters who have yet to see plastic form. I would like to see Classics-styled (even if the line isn't technically called Masters Of The Universe CLASSICS) versions of the Classic Toy Costume Catra (from PoP), Granita (from the PoP Filmation cartoon), Quakke (New Adventures Of He-Man), Sagitar (NA again), Lodar (from MOTU mini-comics), Negator (from the MOTU Filmation 'toon), and so forth.
    I am also open to the inclusion of characters that were created for the more recent MOTUC mini-comics... characters such as Lady Slither, Robowoman, Major Header, etc.
    The odd variant or repaint? Sure (cardback colors Ram Man, an Alcala-influenced Teela, Prince Adam with the blue vest as seen in early DC Comics). Just make them WORTH IT (new accessories or extra heads, etc).
    I would even be game for a 6" Terror Bat, provided the sculpt were more "in line" with what we've come to expect in Classics and maybe a little less bootleggy/fan-made appearing.
    If new characters are going to be created (and they SHOULD), just be sure to do some research and see what folks liked in the past (Draego-Man!!!) and what they felt underwhelmed or disappointed by (Sir-Laser Lot, The Mighty Spector!).
    Also, feel free to come up with some amazing packaging.
    Retire the boring green bricks and do Masters some justice, the way you folks have with the smaller figures and other products you've released
    Keeping an open mind and looking towards the future of Masters with Super7... and oh, yes... what others have said: research some of the fan polls on the forums here and you'll see what we've been waiting for!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Look at the fan polls, in short. That's the best indication of character selection I think there could be.
    Yup! This!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I agree. Look to the fan polls. Look at what fans want.

How would you guys feel about "all new" variants like Flying Fists Mekaneck and things of that nature? Or how about mostly new characters OVER vintage cartoon and comic characters?

Just theoretical questions based on possibilities I am pondering. For all I know, Super 7 has the top 20 most-wanted characters ready to roll (how I wish!)
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; July 21, 2016 at 07:12pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I want well-known characters such as:

SNAKE MOUNTAIN
    Ice Armor He-Man
    Sagitar
    Master Sebrian
    Filmation Mer-Man
    Stridor
    Granita
    Dylamug
    Lodar
    etc.

I do NOT want too many all new characters.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Here's what I want:

A N/A mini sub.

Snake Mountain

$30 or less price tag

Better shipping options for international fans

Reprints of fan demanded figures that sell for $100+ on the secondary market

SALES! Seriously don't sit on stock that isn't moving

More vehicles

Stridor

Beach Day Darius with a flocked chest!
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like to see a brand new line with better articulation, multiple faces with different expressions, hands, action figure stands for dynamic posing, new versions of He-Man, Skeletor etc and also completely new characters. Start over. Make the line 6" scale like Marvel Legends and Starwars Black Series. Lots of different body types instead of nearly everything being made on the same buck.

Forget classics and give us something dynamic and fresh with lots of detail. Like the S H Figarts stuff.

I'd love to see Stridor, Grantia, Sagitar, Mantisaur, Lodar and Attack Trak as far as Classics goes. For FILMation I'd love to see a hero–heavy year 2 since we're getting a lot of villains this year. A proper Teela, Man-at-Arms, Man-E-Faces, fully articulated Cringer, Fisto, Mer-Man and as an exclusive if they stick to a sub plan…a proper FILMation Hordak.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!!

Keep the classics aesthetic and make fan demanded/fan poll characters and vehicles like: Granita, Dylamug, Lodar, Karg, Hawke, Quakke, Stridor, Lady Slither, The Twiggets, Sagitar, Horde Mummy, Hunga, King Miro, Attak Trak, etc.

Also finish off the 8-Back giant figures: Teela and Mer-Man

(And figure out a way to continue Thundercats.)

I do not want gimmicky variants stuff for classics.
    Last edited by Vaal; July 22, 2016 at 01:03pm.
    The holding, the touching. Vaal has forbidden this.
    Five Year Mission
    Eisenhower Field Day

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

How would you guys feel about "all new" variants like Flying Fists Mekaneck and things of that nature? Or mostly new characters OVER vintage cartoon and comic characters?

Just a theoretical question.

If the new characters were kick-ass, obviously yes- bring them on! But if we're getting things that look half-assed and cobbled together like Sir Laser Lot, Cy-Chop, that sort of stuff... forget it. I'd rather have Queen Elmora or Malektha!

Also, no crazy off-kilter shenanigans like Flying Fists Mekaneck (I assume you were sorta joking!). If they want to re-release older figures, I'm all for that. But have their variants be meaningful and pack them with new accessories or comics or whatnot. Just don't do what Mattel did in 200X... nobody thought Smash Blade He-Man or Samurai Skeletor were a cute joke. And don't just choke us on the main leader of each faction. Classics over did it on Hordak variants, for example. Catra, in the meantime, has different versions from the past that were never realized in plastic form in the modern line. I don't think we necessarily need 8 more He-Man or Skeletor variants either.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior

How would you guys feel about "all new" variants like Flying Fists Mekaneck and things of that nature? Or how about mostly new characters OVER vintage cartoon and comic characters?

Just theoretical questions based on possibilities I am pondering. For all I know, Super 7 has the top 20 most-wanted characters ready to roll (how I wish!)
    If Super 7 let the 4H to work a bit of their magic, like they did with the Draego-Man and their own Mythic Legions, i' m open to see some new faces. Noneless i would certainly prefer to see and get what most fans prefer and need more first. Then we could proceed to expand further the line. But as Zodak74 very well said not crazy and ridiculous stuff please. Awesome and cool looking figures and concepts better.

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    Snake Mountain, Dree Elle, Montork, Dalimug, Hungra, A real Cringer, Granitia, King Miro, and so on.

I would love DC comics variants but have no interest in all new variants. New characters would be cool if they were really super incredibly amazing designs like Draego Man.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Elder Councilman
    vintage-style Keldor, Shadow Weaver, Madame Razz, Prahvus, Horde Prime, Marlena, He-Ro, Eldor, the unreleased Whispering Woods playset, and more!

Classics Tuvar, Baddhra, Captain Miro, Captain Randor, Lodar, ABC Giants, Mini Marzo, Oediphus, Montork, Dree-Elle, Negator, Hexxon, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Dylamug, Skeleteen, Twiggets, Bone Warrior, Karg, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, King Ahgo...just to name a few.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    - Snake Mountain
    - Stridor
    - The remaining eleven characters that existed in the vintage New Adventures toyline: Vizar, Nocturna, Kayo, Sagitar, Artilla, Spinwit, Lizorr, Quakke, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA in MOTUC, 11 more to go! Vizar, Nocturna, Kayo, Sagitar, Artilla, Spinwit, Lizorr, Quakke, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn.

My Immediate wants right now are .
    Songster
    Sagitar

And very Long shot..
    Lord Tyran. Hey MOTU needs a zombie.

So does Super 7 have a panel scheduled for this con or anything? I feel like they'd want to show fans SOMETHING to get them excited, and surely there are prototypes for 2017 that Matty had in the works already?
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

What I do want: Basically a continuation of the Masters of the Universe classics line -- same scale, same level of articulation (don't care about the ab crunch so if you must cut corners somewhere...), same great realistic 4 Horsemen sculpting. Packaging is not a big deal to me because I display my figs loose.

The characters I really want made are listed in my sig below.

I'd love to be able to order the figs through BBTS or even a Kickstarter like the Horsemen did for their Mythic Legions would work.

What I don't want: Cartoony super-deformed/bigheads/retro Mego-style/sofubi/mini-figs/ultra-limited paint variants only available for 5 minutes to scalpers who put them on ebay the next day at 10 times the price.
    Last edited by S'laargorath; July 21, 2016 at 07:34pm.
    My MOTU most wanted: Skelcons, Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Major Header, Catra Cat Form, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, Satma, Great Black Wizard, King Miro, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Preorders.

I want to see preorders...and no more freaking chase figures.

Personally, I detest POP and NA, but I want everyone to get everything that they want, so make it all and I'll buy it!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I want the rest of new adventures, and the key jetlag characters. Also,a GOOD sorceress, and an enchantress figure. Beyond that I don't care. I'll buy anything they make. I love those figures from the 3 terrors they made.