Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame Razz Arrival Thread

Madame Razz Arrival Thread

Guilty pleasure confession: I've wanted a Madame Razz figure for as long as I can remember. To me, she's as essential to the Great Rebellion as Orko is to the Masters. Now that she's in hand, I'm in love with her.

Having said that, there's just something not quite 100% about her. Razz is more like at 90% for me...The boots are amazing, but the lack of color as you go up bugs me still as it did before, and something about the cape's edge or maybe its flared out appearance feels idk off. Also, my Razz is pretty stiff. Normally that's a good thing, but I'm talking so stiff I'm afraid her joints might snap. That combined with her squat, rotund shape makes her about as easy to pose as NA Skeletor or Broom. There's just not a lot you can do with her when it comes to poses unfortunately. Her legs also look different...

That's as far as they close, she can't stand with her heels together, which is mostly how I've seen her at shows and in walk-thrus til now. Her crotch also looks less like she stuffed a gym sock down her pants, and much more appropriate. So that's great, and I actually think the final production figure is an improvement from the waist down (barring the paint issue). I'm so happy to finally have her in my collection, but I'm just not sure how I feel about her movement.

Btw wasn't her hat supposed to have a swivel at the black band at one point? I thought I remembered seeing Dan or Scott twist the top of her hat w/the flower all the way around somewhere. In any case, that's not present in the final figure.

I won't be getting my Razz anytime soon, as I'm having the same problem as with Double Trouble. Even after years of being a subscriber, Mattel/DR just can't keep it straight. I signed up for Club Etheria when it was first offered and was charged accordingly. When Double Trouble went on sale, I got nothing. No charge, no figure, nothing. I checked online and all of my information, including my credit card, was exactly the same for Club Etheria as Club Eternia. This is a pure screw-up, per usual.

I've since sent an email to DR, hoping someone will actually help.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    I won't be getting my Razz anytime soon, as I'm having the same problem as with Double Trouble. Even after years of being a subscriber, Mattel/DR just can't keep it straight. I signed up for Club Etheria when it was first offered and was charged accordingly. When Double Trouble went on sale, I got nothing. No charge, no figure, nothing. I checked online and all of my information, including my credit card, was exactly the same for Club Etheria as Club Eternia. This is a pure screw-up, per usual.

Oh, that sounds horrible, iīm totally feeling for you.

I hope for you that that issue will be solved soon.

But i got my Madame Razz and Broom today, it costs me a small fortune to get them by express but with those POP characters i refuse to wait up to six weeks before i can hold them in hand.

She is nicely sculpted and like the reviewers said her joints are really tight, if i hadnīt known her waist was articulated i wouldīt have tried that and it didnīt move at first at all.
    She is now on my POP shelf together with Broom seems to be bend in the wrong direction as he almost canīt stand but for now i find a pose he can hold.

Since iīm not a fan of them i hide them in the back but they are there and if you like them you can see them hidden behind Sea Hawk, Adora and Castaspella.

EDIT: Broom keeps falling and falling...
    Last edited by Niki; August 15, 2014 at 01:31pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I've been there! Hope they are able to clear things up for you!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

So excited for Razz! The production figure looks great from the pics. My sub can't get here fast enough!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    So excited for Razz! The production figure looks great from the pics. My sub can't get here fast enough!
    I'm right there with you! This truly is the MOTU/PoP line we wished we had as kids.

I never imagined the day would come!!! As a kid I remember being so confused that she didn't have a figure. Although she's far from my favorite character, her spot in Classics is well deserved. I wish the boots were painted, and her pinwheel spinned, I like the cape as it is, but regardless, this figure still exceeds my expectations.
    Flickr-Image-1.jpg

I still stick by what I say, that the quarterly shipping option is really worth it, but times like this make the wait soooo painful.

Razz really came out perfect IMO.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

I have the same problem... got my Double Trouble later last month than usual. Flogg was ok. This month the same it seems...no figures, no charge, no renewal mail...
    Last edited by Firesoullove; August 15, 2014 at 03:43pm.

Can someone finally confirm whether the area above the black band in her hat can swivel???? NOT the pinwheel though - that whole area.....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Can someone finally confirm whether the area above the black band in her hat can swivel???? NOT the pinwheel though - that whole area.....
    I actually thought of you and tried it but it doesīt move. The whole head plus hat is a solid piece.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

first thing i did was take a black sharpie to her boots and the edges of the cape then took a blow dryer to her cape heated it up and put a rubber band around the cape and stuck her in the freezer. Now she's perfect
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my Razz today. Pretty cool figure. Never been a fan of her but the novelty of getting her in the collection is a good feeling - we've come such a long way.

Good solid figure , although she does have weak ankles. No other QC issues other than Broom came warped out of the package.

I still don't like her cape. It's too thick and looks award.

Disneyboy, no the head is all one sculpt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Me too! She is my most wanted character in the whole MOTU universe! Sure I wanted Shadow Weaver and Scorpia, but those were easier to make decent customs of compared to Razz. Everyone else of interest mostly got a figure back in the day.

I also have fond memories of watching the She-Ra cartoon with my brother after school and laughing at Razz's bumbling! Getting an action figure of her is a dream come true!

My Etheria sub is quarterly so Razz won't show up til around this time next month (thanfully it's express shipping) and my day of sales Razz I ordered today was by the slow post. Now which Razz will show up first I wonder...
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

She was never my favorite character as a kid, but I do like finally having her. It helps me feel like my POP collection is really close to being complete. If we can get a Hunga and Dylamug at some point, it would feel like all of the important/cool characters from POP were finally made.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Cult View Post
    I never imagined the day would come!!! As a kid I remember being so confused that she didn't have a figure. Although she's far from my favorite character, her spot in Classics is well deserved. I wish the boots were painted, and her pinwheel spinned, I like the cape as it is, but regardless, this figure still exceeds my expectations.
    Flickr-Image-1.jpg
    I have not received mine as yet but I am so happy for this exact reason. 2 most important POP characters we never had. Mind you, with my new HOrdak I did just get, I have the 3 things I wanted most from that series. Oh and Bow. Toon Bow. oh heck with it, Catra, Adora, this whole line is so good.

So happy to have a razz, when I have a razz.

She looks better in pics here and Pixel Dan's video review than previous Con photos had looked. Both of mine come tomorrow... gotta say, more excited for her arrival than I would have thought... she was never a favorite when I revisited the series a decade or so back, but since Classics came into play, I've been of the mind that she should definitely be included as a Four Horsemen designed toy.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Mine arrived today and it's been a lonnnnng 30-year wait.

razz.jpg

So happy to finally have her in this line! Long time coming! I immediately went to work on the only nitpick I had on her, her boots.

Problem solved:
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Madame Razz, Broom, and Flutterina in action. (This is my second favorite month of MOTUC figures since the beginning).

razzandflutts.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Are you guys using black paint or sharpie to color the legs and edge of cape

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Are you guys using black paint or sharpie to color the legs and edge of cape
    I used Model Master acrylic flat black paint. Perfect match.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow... the same thing happen to me. However, I completely forgot I received Double Mischief as part of Club Etheria. When I went to check my subscription status, it says I order the Club Etheria Quarterly shipment. I figured that I must of order that sub by accident instead the mothly shipment one, but now that you mentioned Double mischief, it seems like it was switched. Check your order status for you Club Etheria purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    I used Model Master acrylic flat black paint. Perfect match.
    Cool. Paint is always a better choice. Permanent marker isn't as permanent as one might think. Over time it can fade to purple. I've even seed it bleed on some plastics.

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Got mine today. One big problem. Broom is bend backwards just enough that he can't stand on his own. Madame turned out fine though. So I'm debating whether to call DR and get a replacement or just lean him up against Razz's hand and call it a day. Last time I did this (Way back with Octavia) it took 3 weeks to get my replacment. That's a long wait. What to do, what to do?

imagejpeg_2.jpg
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y