Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 of the He-Man and the MOTU Filmation 2017 character fan poll is live!

Round 2 of the He-Man and the MOTU Filmation 2017 character fan poll is live!

At SDCC's MattyPalooza 2015 panel, we learned that a 2016 He-Man and the MOTU Filmation subscription will soon be offered. It will feature Filmation He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Clawful, Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw and Evil Seed (the sub exclusive). But what could a 2017 line-up entail? We'd love to know what Filmaton characters you'd like to see the most for 2017!

Since the He-Man and the MOTU Filmation line re-introduces many characters in the Filmation style, this particular poll focuses on more of the popular and most discussed Filmation characters. This poll consists of a list put together by Busta Toons and Scorpia that was then proofed by Mattel. It's been programmed by Adam Tyner. Images were provided by AdultCollector, gbagok, and Penny Dreadful. And the image sheets were put together by AdultCollector. This is not the MOTU Classics poll!

The first two rounds will be a YES/NO voting method. Please click "yes" or "no" next to the name of each character you would like to see released in future Filmation subscription. We will then take the characters with the most "yes" votes and place them into a final ranking poll to discover your most wanted 2017 He-Man and the MOTU Filmation characters!

This poll ends on Sunday, September 6th, 2015 at 11:00 PM Eastern.
    Click here to vote today!

The Round 1 results have been recorded and will be revealed with the Round 2 results in one final ranking poll to help determine the most-wanted 2017 He-Man and the MOTU Filmation subscription characters!

And yes, the MOTUC Collector's Choice 2017 character fan poll is also coming soon! Keep checking back.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

As with the first poll, I voted mostly for support of unique Filmation characters, and Marzo. My preference for most of these would be inclusion in the Classics style, but I want to send the message these characters have support.

With all the selective and strategic voting that has gone on these polls, the results will be most interesting.

Thanks again to the team that have put the time and passion into creating this poll!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I voted mostly no since i would love to see a Zilora action figure for example but not in the none detailed HMATMOTU line.

So i voted for Frosta, Sorceress and Shadow Weaver.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    As with the first poll, I voted mostly for support of unique Filmation characters, and Marzo. My preference for most of these would be inclusion in the Classics style, but I want to send the message these characters have support.
    Since the purpose of the line is to reintroduce core characters in the Filmation style, my guess would be any non-core characters (like Count Marzo) might be considered as the 2017 sub exclusive if they make it high up the list.

But attempting to push all of those characters not released in Classics to the top of the poll by voting core characters down with "No" doesn't really help. It just means, theoretically, less feedback on core characters.

I'm not saying that's a concern thus far. But it is something to consider for people who are voting that way.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post

With all the selective and strategic voting that has gone on these polls, the results will be most interesting.

Thanks again to the team that have put the time and passion into creating this poll!
    As with the first poll, I did exactly the opposite. Only voted for characters who already have a Classics figure.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Heroic Warrior
    What exactly would a FILMation-Accurate figure of LightHope entail?? [^D

Shadow weaver, Sorceress, Rattler, Modulok, Mantenna, General Tataran, and Dragoon. I only chose my top 7 wants because...the core Sub model at this time is 6 releases with 1 sub exclusive. the rest I voted NO.

I voted for all of the unique characters.

C'mon, Admiral Scurvy!
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

As with the first poll, voted no on anybody who already has a figure.

Otherwise voted yes on a few characters I think look cool. Think i have about a dozen yes's between the two.

Heroic Warrior
    Voted for

Admiral scurvy
    Catra
    Dree elle
    Miro
    Man at arms
    Buzz off
    Shadow weaver
    Grizzlor
    Mekaneck
    Man e faces
    Whiplash
    Bow
    Queen angella
    Count marzo
    Sorceress
    Faker
    Zodac
    Rattlor
    Light hope

Kowl lookee and imp sy klone and marlena swiftwind are Filmation so they don't need to be in poll. The scorpia is close enough in a pinch but where are mermista sweet bee spinnerla perfuma and peekablue????? I mean perfuma is as bad as frosts. Both need a do over. Perfuma needs a whole new teen buck, slippers, bare arms. How come she isn't in either pill

Faker doesn't need a whole figure since we can buy an extra he man just pack in a filmation faker head with another figure. Same for catra. She really just needs a new filmation head and hair plus blue hair so her head could be packed in as well

The 4H light hope is an eyesore so hopefully someone creative like zbrandon can figure out a way to create a column of light for our collections
    Last edited by degra; August 31, 2015 at 08:50pm.

I'm really conflicted on this poll when voting.

as someone who owns characters in MOTUC i do want some new characters on this list .
    On the other hand i do feel this line should be New line and have those Main characters in filmation form .
    So while i voted yes on most i'd prefer Filmation Whiplash over Filmation Miro in this line and would like Miro in Classics .
    I think there should be the odd left field character but it should mainly be A list characters to begin with IMOHA
    the Action Figure Blues Podcast is live and is now available for direct download! or Download and subscribe to the podcast at iTunes now! Fellow Collectors Talking all things in the world of Action Figure Collecting.

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly I'd have cut the poll to the main motu and pop characters rather than unique characters because id rather let the poll give mattel which core characters are popular and which groupings are second tier in terms of popularity etc. I dont care what order they release merman triklops webstor fisto mekaneck man at arms kobra prince Adam khan shadow weaver hordak frosta angella ram man grizzlor mantenna leech catra faker soda stratos whiplash buzz off I just want them released first before shoehorning unique characters like miro kittrina scurvy etc.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I'm not willing to buy or vote for anything that has already appeared in classics that was heavily Filmation-based in design.

Unfortunately, the POP ladies were almost entirely Filmation-based in their designs in Classics, and I don't need two Filmation iterations of the same character. I'd rather get Zilora, Enchantress, Rattlor, Khan, etc. in HATMOTU.

I would gladly take figures like Admiral Scurvy, General Tataran, I even put Kobra Khan and Sorceress on the list, but IMO most of those characters look to me almost exactly like the classics we already have. Most of them were a no for me.
    ABC GIANTS, 200x Evil-lyn, 200x Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Hawke/Delora, Queen Andreeno, Captain Randor, 200x Tri-Klops, 200x Squeeeze head.

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry but most of those aren't the sane as the motuc figures. Buzz off for instance has beast feet, smooth humanoid legs and arms no detail in wings. Webstor has a different head and armor. Mekaneck, man a arms, sorceress needs a better painted face and soft goods cape/wings with correct all orange in the underside. Man at arms green is much different and his belt is totally different as is his armor and boots and feet. Angella needs a different bodice, different boot tops, a new bottom with a plain waist design. And the list goes on and on. Triklios merman mekaneck fisto adam whiplash webstor sorceress man at arms kobra khan mekaneck spikor teela are all needed for a complete filmation motu collection

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Once again, I can't wait for this line to become official. Finally we will have the look of the characters we fell in love from the cartoon series. I voted yes to all, because those are the one I want.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I only voted for characters already done. I don't want any unmade characters in Filmation style before they get a classics figure.
    One purple turd deserves another.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I only voted for characters already done. I don't want any unmade characters in Filmation style before they get a classics figure.
    I should have thought like this. I also only voted for figures not made yet, but of course I would wan't them in classics version!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I voted mostly for variants and a few new characters as I think this line is the best chance to having them as the CC one would be way too competitive for 9 spots in 2017. (Negator, Melog, Melaktha, Illeena).

I must say that Kowl and Lowkee are IMO, wasted slots as the ones we have are Filmation enough to fit in both lines. Those spots should have been for Catra's panther form (a much discussed and popular variation of her character) and Magestra or even False Face. These would have been better choices. Why were they not included?
    Last edited by Count Judas; August 31, 2015 at 11:09pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    I should have thought like this. I also only voted for figures not made yet, but of course I would wan't them in classics version!
    You should be able to go back and vote again, this will negate your old vote.

I laregly voted for characters that we don't have yet like Mallek and Melaktha, Lady Valtira and General Tataran but some classic figures just need to be in there like Rattlor, and Man At Arms, etc. I really enjoy the Filmation Marzo as well.

Heroic Warrior
    My top 10 of round 2:

1. Man At Arms
    2. Mantanna
    3. Melaktha
    4. Shadow Weaver
    5. Dree-Elle
    6. Whiplash
    7. Modulok
    8. Twiggets
    9. Cobra Khan
    10. Grizzlor

I voted for anyone who doesn't have a figure.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Mostly interested in already made figures in this poll.

Where's Aremesh, I voted for all new characters with the exceptions of ones who really look different . This line will die fast if they think a significant amount of the fans are going to buy alot of the same figures all over again.
    Head Smasher