Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you guys think have the Dumbest Name?

Who do you guys think have the Dumbest Name?

I'm very irked about the names that are given to some of the MOTU characters especially some of the newer ones, like Skyhigh.
    Don't get me wrong I love the character itself but the name is well " Dumb " like no thought went into it at all. Any thoughts ?

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    "Skeleteen" - no contest
    Hate the concept and the name

Not a fan of the name "Demo-Man" either
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Buzz-Off, as a name, has always irked me. It doesn't work as a heroic name at all. Is he telling everyone else to buzz off? Or does everyone tell him to buzz off? Makes no sense either way. Clamp Champ and Snout Spout are pretty bad, too.

I'm a cherry-picker when it comes to MOTUC. Whenever I do get a new figure, my wife is always curious what their name is. I cringed a little when I introduced her to Castaspella. Cool figure, corny name.

the fighting foe men and the characters's names, dawgotar? lol, really??? that's shamefully bad.

He-man. Sounds like caveman talk. He man, she woman, ug. (Lol werewolf, there wolf)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Buzz-Off is a friggin' terrible name...Buzz-Or was taken?

Skeleteen is pretty bad. Was he Skeletyke, when he was younger?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    He-man. Sounds like caveman talk. He man, she woman, ug. (Lol werewolf, there wolf)

To be fair, he DID start off as a tribal barbarian, so that's not so far off.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Sir Laser Lot.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../MOTUmini0.jpg

To be fair, he DID start off as a tribal barbarian, so that's not so far off.
    The winner:! Oo-Larr! [^D

Most of the new guys names don't fit the MOTU brands style.

Mighty Spector. He's not a ghost.
    Red Shadow. Neither red, nor shadowy.
    Hans Hammer Holder. It's too long, and too much of a mouthful.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    While I LOVE the figure, I think "Draego-Man" is a rather terrible name. It just felt like they were trying to overly force the [Insert word here]-Man thing that many characters have onto him. Many characters do have that style of name (i.e. Mer-Man, Beastman, Ram-Man) many others don't (Skeletor, Trap-Jaw, Whiplash, Clawful, Buzz-Off, etc.).

I think something that is dragon-esque, but without the "-Man" at the end of it would have been better IMO.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I thought he was a royal prince. Im so confused. Lol

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I thought he was a royal prince. Im so confused. Lol
    Ah...

Before the Filmation cartoon changed He-Man up, MOTU was darker and more barbaric in tone. He-Man wasn't a prince who transformed into a warrior with a magic sword, he was a heroic barbarian who was given magic items by The Goddess.

Check out this link for more info. It has links where you can read those original mini-comics.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Hans Hammer Holder. GARBAGE.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Almost all of the names for He-man characters are "dumb" if you really think about it.
    Skeleton Face guy - Skeletor
    Buff Barbarian Man - He-man
    Bee Man - Buzz Off
    Fuzzy Green Guy - Moss Man
    Purple Spike guy - Spikor
    Two Headed Guy - Two Bad
    Many Robot parts - Multi-bot
    Guy with a Mechanical Neck - Mekaneck
    etc., etc., etc.

I'd say the only ones that don't follow this are the ones where it is more of a given name (i.e. Hordak, Teela, King Randor, Orko, Prince Adam, & Queen Marlena). But that's the thing I like about it. 95% of the names tell you all you need to know about why they are a Master of the Universe figure (that is the toy line, not the good guys only).

Not sure if you are aware (many aren't I apologize if you knew) He-Man was a term before long MOTU it means a strong, virile, muscular and tough male. So the name is pretty fitting to what He-Man was supposed to be.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Most of the real names:

Raqquill Rqazz
    Kyle Reccula
    C’yra of D’riluth III
    Marzo Kalif
    Uqquz Zekul-Mshqx
    Jey
    Gur’Rull Gu’Rrooow Arrrk
    TC Icarius Kaz
    K’ull’leusshhhh
    Kreann’Ot N’Norosh

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Most of the real names:

Raqquill Rqazz
    Kyle Reccula
    C’yra of D’riluth III
    Marzo Kalif
    Uqquz Zekul-Mshqx
    Jey
    Gur’Rull Gu’Rrooow Arrrk
    TC Icarius Kaz
    K’ull’leusshhhh
    Kreann’Ot N’Norosh

Yeah, I have to admit, the characters "real" names are typically FAR worse than the "nick-names" that we know them by.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    To be honest campy names are part of this line's charm and tradition.I myself am not crazy about draego man as a name.I gave him a more "fits in with the other guys" name of HOTHEAD.Stinkor was always a groaner as well.just likein the star wars line I usually ignore some of the real names they gave classic aliens when they relaunched it back in the 90's .ponda baba will always be walrus man to me

- - - Updated - - -

And Bow 's real name was ok.it just needed a title. LORD KYLE RECCULA OF HEARTSTEED CASTLE

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor View Post
    Who do you guys think have the Dumbest Name?
    Adam...who would believe anyone would have a name like that?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Sweet Bee. Dumbest name in the franchise. Somehow manages to be worse than Buzz-Off's.

POP kind of takes the cake for bad names, really. Peekablue, Castaspella, Spinnerella...

NA doesn't come off as bad. Spinwit and Butt-Head are pretty cringe-worthy, but everyone else has pretty decent names.

Sir Laser-Lot is probably has the worst name of the newer characters, although I honestly think "Man Crystal" sounds like a Chippendale dancer's name or something.

Hans Hammer Holder is pure awesome, I wasn't that interested in him until I heard his name. That sold me right there.
    RESPECT THE HAMMER!

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    Engelbert Humperdinck

If we're just talking about characters who have been made, then I agree with just about every name mentioned here....though Skeleteen takes first place in the bad name department. It's the worst name in the franchise and life never should have been breathed into it.
    Last edited by davidlogan; April 21, 2014 at 07:07pm. Reason: Need spelling lessens...I mean lessons.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Ah...

Before the Filmation cartoon changed He-Man up, MOTU was darker and more barbaric in tone. He-Man wasn't a prince who transformed into a warrior with a magic sword, he was a heroic barbarian who was given magic items by The Goddess.

Check out this link for more info. It has links where you can read those original mini-comics.
    Was the dc comics before filmation?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Not sure if you are aware (many aren't I apologize if you knew) He-Man was a term before long MOTU it means a strong, virile, muscular and tough male. So the name is pretty fitting to what He-Man was supposed to be.
    Yes i have watched the little rascals and married with children. Its a silly name when not used as an unbrella term

has to be Pebblass
    A PONY!!!

"I am a new breed of doll. Psycho baby doll gone wrong, tool belt with a lollipop, curling iron, kalashnikov..."

Quote Originally Posted by buzzed off View Post
    To be honest campy names are part of this line's charm and tradition.I myself am not crazy about draego man as a name.I gave him a more "fits in with the other guys" name of HOTHEAD.Stinkor was always a groaner as well.
    That's how I view it. There's a lot of silly names in MOTU and POP. But that's just the nature of the brands we love. I usually like even the silliest of names.

I don't think I could pick the silliest name as there's a few. Buzz-Off definitely ranks up there but it's common place for me since the name has been bouncing around in my head for 30 years.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And I hope to see you all at Power-Con!