Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blast Attack arrival thread!

Blast Attack arrival thread!

I'm surprised this hasn't been started yet! Got him today, nice figure. Good update! Wish at least he could come apart at the waist like King Hisss plus removable arms would have made him near perfect. Here's some pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Man, he looks really cool! Looking forward to this guy.

Mine came in earlier too!

Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Mine arrived as well. Waiting for the camera to charge up.
    Thank You for your support ....OCTAVIA 5000! Success rate 100% WooHooo!

Cut off the armor!!!
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

I wonder how tough it would be to separate his torso and parts? I may buy another one, and try to customize it to "break apart".

I can't wait to get my mitts on this guy. I loved the original and have find memories of showing him to my Grandma, horrifying her with his exploding action feature. Interestingly enough, this is when I learned the term "suicide bomber."
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been started yet!
    I'm also surprised. This has to be one of the best MOTUC releases yet. I like the real oddball designs---and I'm also a fan of classic EVIL WARRIORS!

Yeah, I said it "Evil Warrior" in reference in to Blast-Attak...I display my figures mostly by "faction", and not only is he displayed with my Evil Warriors as far away from the Snake-Men as possible, he's also holding a sign that reads "I'M NOT A SNAKE-MAN"
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    Wish at least he could come apart at the waist like King Hisss plus removable arms would have made him near perfect. Here's some pics....
    Dang, I HATE posing my King Hiss because of how his "come-apart" feature has compromised a certain amt. of "standing ability"---I guess it's kinda okay because at least I can display Hiss as a Snake-Monster----what is Blast-Attak if he's displayed in pieces? I'll tell ya what: "Broken"

So, with respect towards you and towards others who would've preferred a harder to manage figure in a toyline aimed at adults (as opposed to children who'd sit around playing scenarios where Blast-Attak would roll into the Snake-Man fortress and explode, or something like that), I say to Mattel---thank you---thank you very much for making Blast-Attak a really cool figure without the potential of coming apart every five minutes if he isn't arranged "just so"---

Indeed, with the release of a figure as cool as Blast-Attak, I almost forgive you for your Rio "falling to pieces as we speak" Blast product presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I wonder how tough it would be to separate his torso and parts? I may buy another one, and try to customize it to "break apart".
    tj arm sockets and plugs, king hiss waist, some magnets in the boots...
    Last edited by stprime; May 15, 2015 at 10:42am.
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post

Dang, I HATE posing my King Hiss because of how his "come-apart" feature has compromised a certain amt. of "standing ability"---I guess it's kinda okay because at least I can display Hiss as a Snake-Monster----what is Blast-Attak if he's displayed in pieces? I'll tell ya what: "Broken"
    Come to think of it, using the neck peg style waist/torso feature they used on Mermista would have been a better choice. She does not come apart easily like Hisss does. The TJ arms are solid too, they don't come off easily either. Not being able to come apart is not a deal breaker for me. He is still great, but the kid in me wants him to come apart darn it!!!!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Pretty cool!

Nonetheless, I know the design is based on the original, but his humanoid/organic face creeps me out, especially given his supposed "action" feature.

I wonder ... I might give him a Roboto head when the 200x head pack rolls out, or keep an eye out for the work of an awesome customizer.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    tj arm sockets and plugs, king hiss waist, some magnets in the boots...
    ^That would have been perfect! I will see if I can find a customizer to try and make this work.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Mine should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Bahdrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

what's the plug in the back for?
    FEEDBACK

I won't get mine til the quarterly shows up. Can someone please take a hair dryer to this guy and see how difficult it is to remove the armor?
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

Wow! He's perfect
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    I won't get mine til the quarterly shows up. Can someone please take a hair dryer to this guy and see how difficult it is to remove the armor?
    mine is getting parted out. so when it gets here i'll show you.
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    what's the plug in the back for?
    It is an approximation of where his Detonator Plug fit on the Vintage figure. It is non-functional here, of course, but it looks just like the Original. :^)

P.S.: My Blast-Attak just this minute arrived on my doorstep! Wheee! [^D

Cannnnt wait for my copy of Blast arghhhh

really like the feature on the fwoosh too
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    It is an approximation of where his Detonator Plug fit on the Vintage figure. It is non-functional here, of course, but it looks just like the Original. :^)

P.S.: My Blast-Attak just this minute arrived on my doorstep! Wheee! [^D
    so then the does the original plug in for sake of nostalgia?
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    so then the does the original plug in for sake of nostalgia?
    No, the slot isn't remotely deep enough. We're Nostalgic, but we're not CRAZY! [^D

I think that many people who are disappointed that Blast-Attak doesn't come in two like the Vintage figure are forgetting that the New version "comes apart" in a way the Old one didn't...!

Blast-Attak!.jpg
    Last edited by Snake_Man; May 15, 2015 at 04:51pm.

This guy is in the same category as most of NA....a character I had no real love of, but ended but turning up awesome!

I can't believe I'm actually excited to get him. I think he looks great.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Man-E-Beers;3574869]

Come to think of it, using the neck peg style waist/torso feature they used on Mermista would have been a better choice. She does not come apart easily like Hisss does. The TJ arms are solid too, they don't come off easily either. Not being able to come apart is not a deal breaker for me. He is still great, but the kid in me wants him to come apart darn it!!!!
    Have just fallen behind a picture of optikk with removed arms and wanted to ask if BA ones will when trying ...
    I think you've answered ...

My suicide bomber arrived, and I have a question: Is it just m, or is his left hand open too wide to hold either weapon securely?