Thread: MOTUC Crita review by Pixel Dan!

MOTUC Crita review by Pixel Dan!

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at Crita from MattyCollector. Check it out!

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Remember when Mattel used to send samples BEFORE the figure went on sale?

Peppridge Farms does.
    Last edited by Toyguru; August 19, 2016 at 11:24am.

Dan still has not received his Beastman Sub, I'm getting mine today and I did not sub, I just bought it on Monday.
    You guys that Sub are getting shafted, really looking forward to Dan's review of fur face.
    You? You can't even handle that musclebound female, She-Ra.
    My Top Wants: Filmation He-Man, Filmation Evil Seed, Point Dread Teela, Shadow Weaver, Tri-Klops, Ram Man.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Haven't opened Crita yet, and didn't even think about the shawl. Kind of a bummer but still like the overall look of the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

Peppridge Farms does.
    All the people who gave you a hard time when you were brand manager failed to realise that unlike the rest of Mattel, you actually cared about this line. Since you left it seems nobody there does and explains QC issues like Critas Cape, the lack of early access for last year's sdcc items and the King Hsss torso debacle. I for one, miss you running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker CK View Post
    All the people who gave you a hard time when you were brand manager failed to realise that unlike the rest of Mattel, you actually cared about this line. Since you left it seems nobody there does and explains QC issues like Critas Cape, the lack of early access for last year's sdcc items and the King Hsss torso debacle. I for one, miss you running the show.
    Applause.

I still like the reviews,even late. I don't open my figures so this is great for me,plus if I ever do,I need dans videos for explaining the extra accessories. I hope super7 gets samples to Dan.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Totally Dyslexic
    Good review and like PIXEL DAN said Crita in this look is pretty much a statue. A good looking one but it shows why Mattel decided back in the 90-ties to change her look to make it more action figure like.

And as PIXEL DAN said a removable cape would have been a good idea.

This unpractical flaw aside i´m happy that we finally got a Crita figure. Classics is the gift that keeps on giving
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I wonder how easily the glue keeping the cloak in place is removable?

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I wonder how easily the glue keeping the cloak in place is removable?
    I cut the shawl in half in the back, just slit it right up the center. She how has two hanging pieces...it doesn't look terrible, but it may not be for everyone. I am going to post a pic of this later on to show everyone.

Man I've not opened this figure yet because I was hoping for her in the Battle Armor/Queen version, but that cape is really limiting and I'm not an articulation nut either. Makes me wonder if the 4HM intended it to be removable?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Master of New Adventures!
    I'm honored, indeed, to have had the iconic MOTU critic Pixel Dan review my darling.

Heroic Warrior

Peppridge Farms does.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar

Peppridge Farms does.
    Lmao!!!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Good review and like PIXEL DAN said Crita in this look is pretty much a statue. A good looking one but it shows why Mattel decided back in the 90-ties to change her look to make it more action figure like.

And as PIXEL DAN said a removable cape would have been a good idea.

This unpractical flaw aside i´m happy that we finally got a Crita figure. Classics is the gift that keeps on giving
    Thanks for the review Dan. I only collected my Crita and Despara yesterday and have not yet opened them. Crita may end up being my favorite NA figure as she doesn't look NA space-futuristic. She could fit in perfectly on Eternia.

It does seem a shame the 4 Horsemen or Mattel designed the shawl in this limiting way. How could they forget what had clearly been done so well with Shadow Weaver.

I hope when I open my Crita, the whip-sceptre hasn't bled gold paint onto the back of the shawl as happened to Dan's.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I just cut the cape off. Shame but I didn't see any other option. Now I can get some great poses out of her with that gun (which reminds me of Vasquez gun in Aliens).
    I would have preferred the outfit she wore near the end of the series as it fits in better with the other mutants and their more armored look but she's still a great figure.
    Hope we get more NA but I don't think super7 are going to have it as a priority due to their preference for nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Thanks for the review Dan. I only collected my Crita and Despara yesterday and have not yet opened them. Crita may end up being my favorite NA figure as she doesn't look NA space-futuristic. She could fit in perfectly on Eternia.

It does seem a shame the 4 Horsemen or Mattel designed the shawl in this limiting way. How could they forget what had clearly been done so well with Shadow Weaver.

I hope when I open my Crita, the whip-sceptre hasn't bled gold paint onto the back of the shawl as happened to Dan's.
    Mine had the paint bleed but a little rubbing alcohol will take it off.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Master of New Adventures!
    Vasquez?!!! One of my all-time favorite film characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I just cut the cape off. Shame but I didn't see any other option. Now I can get some great poses out of her with that gun (which reminds me of Vasquez gun in Aliens).
    I would have preferred the outfit she wore near the end of the series as it fits in better with the other mutants and their more armored look but she's still a great figure.
    Hope we get more NA but I don't think super7 are going to have it as a priority due to their preference for nostalgia.

I wish Dan had noted the new 360degree ankle articulation.
    He also missed mentioning the unpainted earring sculpt on his figure.

Better late than never…always a pleasure getting one of Dan's reviews!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    This is exactly why I love this figure. I'm not a New Adventures hater at all, but I like the fact she looks like she could fit in anywhere.

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I had the exact same paint blotch that Pixel Dan did on his figure. Very disappointed in the execution of Crita, the worthless arm articulation doesn't even let you pose her using the whip. I did manage to get the gun over her shoulder, just fed it through the back of her hair and that looks pretty good. Just wish she didn't have that stupid cape.
    Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.