Page 389 of 503 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 12558

Thread: Post Your MOTUC Display & Collection Pictures!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    sigh, my work is never done is it?!

245am, fix Battle Cat's helmet on correctly like a good man.

Eamon: Here to make the world a better place for fighting tigers who would rather see what they are fighting!
    I like BC with his mouth showing underneath the mask. It's not accurate to the sculpt positions, but I like the way it looks. It looks like there is a cat under there.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I know, right? I can't afford stuff like that usually, but I had to make an exception for those Power Swords. The "Sword of the Ancients" (whatever that was supposed to be in "Masks of Power") is one of those sword styles that had been burned in my brain, and I wanted a Power Sword with the hand guard still there. But the one in Skeletor's hand is THE sword that stands out! Some of the stuff that is most vivid in my mind is the stuff from when I was REAL young - I can't remember too much of the daily activities then, but sounds, smells, pictures...those things are there in my memory forever. The Minicomics are so solid in my mind because I was flipping through them before I could even read, so the pictures are some of my earliest memories (among other picture books like Dr. Seuss and all that). That style of Skeletor matched with that style of Power Sword is just....perfect!
    Alex, I love that sword! Is there a way we can get it as well?
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    hmmm... Yer so lucky!!

Just finished my first MOTUC custom

Court Magician OptimusOfGrayskull's Avatar
    WOW mistico, that Grayskull and power sword are awesome. You got the power!

Some heroic pics

Quote Originally Posted by THINKOR View Post
    Sword was made by evilmike; if you search for 'em on the customization section you can see all the awesome stuff he's made. Anyway, best to contact him and see what he's got (he has a link to his store in his signature).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Sword was made by evilmike; if you search for 'em on the customization section you can see all the awesome stuff he's made. Anyway, best to contact him and see what he's got (he has a link to his store in his signature).
    Thanks! Love the mini comics so I gotta get that sword
    Evil Master of Thinking!

TP HE-Man and Draego Man are awesome !

Mistico, that castle and sword are simply breathtaking. I can not wait to see the Sword of Protection now. You do have the Power!
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    That sea creature is awesome, Mimikrakra!

Wowsers!!! I'm especially jealous of all your books. My Pre-K class loves when I bring mine in.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

OT, but what are those bizarre figures next to your Spider-Man and MJ, Mistico?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...200/power1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...200/power2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...200/power3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...200/power4.jpg

Yay! Thanks to evilmike I have squeezed out even more nostalgia from the MotU franchise! I'm fairly sure that Mattel won't bother to get to those styles for the power sword, so thankfully evilmike brought the skillz and hammered these out of pure awesome! Now Creepy Skeletor HAS ALL THE POWER. I mean I can't bring myself to take that sword out of his hands. So awesome.
    Lol, great pics and humor as usual . I'm really glad that you are happy with the swords . Keep bringing those awesome jokes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THINKOR
    I'll write you a PM on the swords

My latest pictures:

Father and Daughter by Eurocoin, on Flickr

Fisto Punches Shadow Weaver by Eurocoin, on Flickr

Patterned Fabric recreation by Eurocoin, on Flickr

Duel of Witches by Eurocoin, on Flickr

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

I especially like the one with Fisto gut-punching Shadow Weaver. The only thing missing is a little bit of photoshopped puke coming out of SW's mouth.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Man...

I decided not to participate in this line right at the start, and I don't regret that decision, but for some reason, and this happened also with Marvel Legends and to a lesser extent DC Universe as well, for some reason I see photos of dozens of these figures in a group and I feel this intense need to start collecting them.

This thread is great. I love the customs and the kitbashes, and dittmosher's outdoor photos are exactly the kind of thing I'd be trying to produce if I had any of these damn figures.

I'm going to be mostly bailing on G.I. Joe collecting for the foreseeable future due to a steep jump in retail costs that coincided with an equally precipitous drop in quality, and so, should I be lucky enough to find a new job before my teaching gig here in Lahore ends in three weeks, I think I might dedicate some of my Joe funds to cruising eBay for a dozen or so of my favorite MOTUC figures.

Unfortunately, that getting-a-job scenario is looking increasingly like a big damn "if"...

Quote Originally Posted by Monte Williams View Post
    Man...

I decided not to participate in this line right at the start, and I don't regret that decision, but for some reason, and this happened also with Marvel Legends and to a lesser extent DC Universe as well, for some reason I see photos of dozens of these figures in a group and I feel this intense need to start collecting them.

This thread is great. I love the customs and the kitbashes, and dittmosher's outdoor photos are exactly the kind of thing I'd be trying to produce if I had any of these damn figures.

I'm going to be mostly bailing on G.I. Joe collecting for the foreseeable future due to a steep jump in retail costs that coincided with an equally precipitous drop in quality, and so, should I be lucky enough to find a new job before my teaching gig here in Lahore ends in three weeks, I think I might dedicate some of my Joe funds to cruising eBay for a dozen or so of my favorite MOTUC figures.

Unfortunately, that getting-a-job scenario is looking increasingly like a big damn "if"...
    That all sounds familiar! I am seriously looking at the Joe situation and wondering if i'll be able to continue. The prices always go up; can't stop that. But THREE bucks in one jump? I'm just not sure I can keep up with what I'm getting paid, AND i'll be looking for a different job while my current one can't help but cut my hours (nothing to do about it, honestly; libraries just don't get the money they used to).

Anyway, in terms of collections to maintain, I figure I'd still keep this one going. Problem is whether or not to keep reviewing other things, or maybe just review my older Joes for the fun of it, etc etc. In any case, it would be great to see your usual photo magic with MotUC!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Man...

Damn Monte, you're everwhere! lol.

This line is pretty great. It has it's problems like all lines, but it more then makes up for it in terms of fun stuff.
    Good luck with getting a new job!
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Geez, Alexx, good luck with the job situation. Funnily enough, I've had library sciences in the back of my mind as a possible new direction; I even pestered Poe Ghostal for info a while back. If I knew you worked in that field, I had forgotten. Sounds like it mightn't be the most stable option to pursue...

I am seriously looking at the Joe situation and wondering if i'll be able to continue. The prices always go up; can't stop that. But THREE bucks in one jump?
    And you know, if that drastic increase coincided with a quality bump like we saw from the 25th to RoC or RoC to PoC, I might suck it up. But setting aside a few stellar exceptions, most of the Retaliation figures look too cartoony, particularly the paint schemes (which I maintain is a petulant response to the complaints that the RoC series was too monochromatic), and the vehicle drivers feature worse articulation than the initial small-scale Joes of 1982. There are budget concerns and market woes, and then there are inexcusable corner-cutting copouts. Meanwhile, I wonder how significant the recently announced MOTUC price hikes will be?

If a job comes along, I hope to reinvigorate my love of toys by pursuing odd stuff like the Tonner Judy Garland Dorothy doll (I have an insane dio in mind for that figure!) and the Hot Toys Resident Evil Alice (not sure why, except that I hope to make her into a character from the novel I never finished writing) and, as mentioned before, a dozen or so MOTUC figures.

I'm sure Joe will rebound. In the meantime, I'm not biting; you realize the Retaliation figures cost more than a Sigma 6 Soldier-class figure?!?!

In any case, it would be great to see your usual photo magic with MotUC!
    Why, thank you. I have taken a number of photos of my only in-hand MOTUC figure, Battle Cat. (I have Panthor in storage in Twin, plus a Gygor and an Adora waiting for me at my dad's):

And here he's interrogating an asthray in the misguided assumption that it can tell him the whereabouts of Skeletor:

Plus I photographed my daughter's She-Ra a few months ago:

Her ankles are garbage!

Are they all like that?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Damn Monte, you're everwhere!
    I've been registered here for years, but I almost never post, and I'll go months without bothering even to lurk. That will presumably change if and when I buy a handful of the MOTUC figures. Thanks for the good luck wishes on the job search!

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Her ankles are garbage!

Are they all like that?!?
    My She-Ra's ankles are fine. My Catra falls over quite a bit, but She-Ra's always been good. Nice pics, by the way!

Geez, Alexx, good luck with the job situation. Funnily enough, I've had library sciences in the back of my mind as a possible new direction; I even pestered Poe Ghostal for info a while back. If I knew you worked in that field, I had forgotten. Sounds like it mightn't be the most stable option to pursue...
    Depends on where you are, I guess. It was the only option I thought of for awhile because I've been working at the same library for years; I figured i'd finish my useless degree and go back for library sciences. Now that I'm here though, I just don't want to pay the cash for them to teach me the few things I don't know about the library. I mean granted, I haven't been doing librarian things, but I've been doing library things for quite a while! Anyway, on top of that, I don't think there will be a place for me at my library...they've got all the librarians they need and as I said, they're having problems giving everyone the hours they need. Thankfully we've been able to stave off cutting the library's operating hours, but who knows how long that will last (it's not like anyone cares enough to help us out, though folks certainly like stealing our DVDs).

And you know, if that drastic increase coincided with a quality bump like we saw from the 25th to RoC or RoC to PoC, I might suck it up. But setting aside a few stellar exceptions, most of the Retaliation figures look too cartoony, particularly the paint schemes (which I maintain is a petulant response to the complaints that the RoC series was too monochromatic), and the vehicle drivers feature worse articulation than the initial small-scale Joes of 1982. There are budget concerns and market woes, and then there are inexcusable corner-cutting copouts. Meanwhile, I wonder how significant the recently announced MOTUC price hikes will be?
    I'm a sucker so I know i'll be getting a few Retaliation figures. I'm liking the bright colors and less articulation in a few places, actually. Still, I'd like to save my verdict until I have them in hand. Like you said, though....less articulation, less paint apps, and THREE DOLLARS MORE. I don't get it.

If a job comes along, I hope to reinvigorate my love of toys by pursuing odd stuff like the Tonner Judy Garland Dorothy doll (I have an insane dio in mind for that figure!) and the Hot Toys Resident Evil Alice (not sure why, except that I hope to make her into a character from the novel I never finished writing) and, as mentioned before, a dozen or so MOTUC figures.
    Well good luck on the job situation yourself, and I cannot imagine what you could possibly have in store for Judy Garland, but I am on the EDGE OF MY SEAT.

I'm sure Joe will rebound. In the meantime, I'm not biting; you realize the Retaliation figures cost more than a Sigma 6 Soldier-class figure?!?!
    Why must you simultaneously remind me that Sigma 6 is gone AND the litte guys cost more then them? Curse you!

The amount of poses that Battle Cat can pull off never ceases to amaze me! And no, honestly, most of my figures have good ankles. A few of the early ones are weak, but the rest are good enough for me or better. I suppose it sorta comes down to preference, too. Still, nothing has been loose enough to drop one of my figures since my first Faker.

Thanks, Frosta. Between you and Alexx, I'm left to assume I simply bought a lemon of a She-Ra. I mean, she holds a pose alright, but her ankles look like they'll fall apart if I look at 'em.

And yes, Alexx, Battle Cat is fun as hell to pose. However, a side-to-side swivel at the neck and mid-spine would make him truly epic.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Finally received my Draego-Man! Such a magnificent figure! Couldn't resist taking some pics.
    Here is one of them:

Draego-Man's Revenge!

Together with Draego-Man I received another King Hiss. I used it to improve my...improved Hiss - now including the snake around his neck:

Last edited by Dragonblaster; May 13, 2012 at 09:25am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

So what's in King Hiss's pants and boots, exactly? The bottoms of his upper torso snakes?

I surreptitiously captured this photo of my daughter watching She-Ra with her She-Ra figure in hand: