Page 424 of 506 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 12626

Thread: Post Your MOTUC Display & Collection Pictures!

Anyone else notice this? It appears Action Figure Displays has gone out of business.

http://www.actionfiguredisplays.com/

It's a shame, they made some great display pieces, shown by many in this thread numerous times. There were a couple that I wanted, and I always looked out for their 'upcoming series 3', but the international shipping was insane. I managed to get Dark World Castle at a cheap price from another orger, and it's a great piece.
    I'm sad to hear they closed up shop, even though I'm not sure exactly what they made. Can you post some pics of their work? Did they make bases, or full-on playsets, or what?

Shadowfall?!?! you caved in and opened them . Let me ask you this. .have you played with them yet?

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Anyone have pics of their Frosta yet? I got mine the other day. I dont like how the "teeth" turned out on mine... it does tlook like all the pics ive seen of her...
    I actually think Frosta looks good, her eyes may be a little on the big side, but she is a nice looking figure. Her smile to me looks good, I don't see teeth, just white, and for a cartoonish look, that is good enough, I don't have to see choppers on my figures.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Shadowfall, I like your set up. Very cool collection.
    Thanks, I pondered for a while the best way to display them once I opened them. They looked too plain against the white wall, and the cardbacks made it look just right....I am still toying with the idea of using the backs of the name inserts in front of them, since they're all just blank bricks, no names or writing. And friggin Draego is massive....he fit on the wall shelves, but didn't look right, so he went up top.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Shadowfall?!?! you caved in and opened them . Let me ask you this. .have you played with them yet?
    I did, only because I needed to make them more portable, I may or may not be moving soon, and I realized all those carded figures would create too many boxes, plus I also opened some of my other lines. Like I said, I hated to do it, I love the MOTUC carded look so much, but loose figures store in 90% less room than carded ones. I was getting so many of them, it was no more an option to keep them all carded....space wise and for other reasons.

And I have played with them, and as I said, some of them left me with disappointment....some gave me a lot of work to do to fix, just to get them to stand holding their own weight, let alone accessories. Frosta, He-Man & Keldor being the worst offenders, Teela & BP She-Ra have like a long neck peg that is very visible from behind or under the head, Teela more so. Plus I had to lower the hair on the Filmation based She-Ra & the He-Man heads. She-Ra 1.0 is horrible to pose, at least leg wise. And I fixed Frosta's forearms.

Having the new weapons pack opened up some cool new looks for them, as well as mixing acc's from other figures together. I admit, I do love them being out.

But I also don't like loose displays other than how I have them, I don't like them looking cluttered together, I prefer the single file look that I have on my shelves. I like to be able to grab one figure without having to worry about bumping others down or moving them or reaching behind them....

I just left the painted figures carded for obvious reasons, nothing more would tick me off to have them carded for so long, then finally tear into them and then the paint tears off of them....at least this way, they will always look mint....although, I really want to get DB Skeletor out....but to me he is one of the worst offenders for the paint problems. Stinkor stinks too much for me, Shadow Weaver is Shadow Weaver, her exclusivity is what's keeping her carded....and Trap Jaw was an extra I just bought to replace the opened one, because I stole his Kronis head to finish my Dragstor custom, and I prefer to keep my figures complete, even if they're opened. Plus I may end up making a Filmation TJ from the opened one, and I may end up opening the carded one anyway.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 27, 2012 at 10:16pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    My Snake Men thus far.
    Yes there is a space mutant among them.
    I still have plans for quite a few re-paints on the army builders, and as you all can see they are missing weapons and armor for the most part.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

My Frosta's teeth look... bumpy or something though... liike they dropped clump of paint on it or something... not really sure
    That's why i want to see someone else's to see if it looks the same or different. If I got a bad one, I want ot send it back for a replacement.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Heroic Warrior
    Not the biggest collection (up until a week ago, I only had three figures from the line), but growing fast now that I'm actively collecting instead of just watching from the sidelines.

IMG_20121028_115807.jpgIMG_20121028_115853-1.jpg

Heroic MOTU Collector! Grayskull_Power's Avatar
    I just noticed mine looks the same General Hawk. I didn't notice it until last night (mine are MOC). Looks like she has buck teeth kinda.

Collection Update:

Keldor with Power-Con Exclusive Sword:

Some minor improvements...

King Hsss with Rattlor staff to make more 200X accurate:

Man-At-Arms arm cannon with inside of barrel blacked out:

Skeletor with metallic purple crossbones, rivets on armor, and havoc staff skull to match 200X sword:

Leech with 2 shoulder pads to make more Filmation accurate:
    Last edited by jerec350; October 28, 2012 at 03:34pm.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Last edited by dorrmann; October 28, 2012 at 10:25pm. Reason: Back to back to back posts.

Down with the Horde....Freedom for Etheria!!!!!

My repainted Frosta!

Mermista joins the ranks of the Rebels!

PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    That Great Rebellion set up is AMAZING Angel -T The Mermista custom is gorgeous!
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Those are some amazing pics, Angel-T. I love your Mermista.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool-Man View Post
    I love this thread. Here's my collection at the moment:

100_1478_preeternia.jpg
    I'm really digging your group displays Deadpool-Man. I need to put Vikor, BG Teela, and Vykron together in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I'm sad to hear they closed up shop, even though I'm not sure exactly what they made. Can you post some pics of their work? Did they make bases, or full-on playsets, or what?
    They're backdrops for displays and photos. This post shows a bunch of them:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post2410744

You can find reviews at various toy sites.

Been going back to figures I barely took pics of, so I've hit Spikor here, and recently Horde Prime, Snake MAA, and the griffin at the 'ol blog.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Snappy Threader
    Cool Spikor pic Alexx.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...pincussion.jpg

Been going back to figures I barely took pics of, so I've hit Spikor here, and recently Horde Prime, Snake MAA, and the griffin at the 'ol blog.
    Alexx has a blog and I'm just noticing it now? Damn my ingnorance. Consider it bookmarked, I love your pics.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...pincussion.jpg

Lol. Nice as always.

Angel-T I love your Frosta. I'd really like to get mine repainted too, but I'm worried that it wouldn't look right or would flake off over time and be a mess. I don't understand how Mattel can make Bubble Power She-ra's dress white, but can't do it again on Frosta. ~sigh~
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Angel-T I love your Frosta. I'd really like to get mine repainted too, but I'm worried that it wouldn't look right or would flake off over time and be a mess. I don't understand how Mattel can make Bubble Power She-ra's dress white, but can't do it again on Frosta. ~sigh~
    Frosta was meant to be colored like the clouds that make the snow, not the snow....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Alexx has a blog and I'm just noticing it now? Damn my ingnorance. Consider it bookmarked, I love your pics.
    Oh yeah. It's great!
    I laugh a lot when I read it. I've gone back and read all his posts and have it bookmarked.

So keep them coming Alexx

Super cool pic! ! !
    Where are they? Where are your friends now? Tell me about the loneliess of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

Added some bronze and purple metallic paint to the back of the Keldor swords. Now they don't look so "off" when the peg holes are facing out.

Also got my second MAA blaster today!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Added some bronze and purple metallic paint to the back of the Keldor swords. Now they don't look so "off" when the peg holes are facing out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0/DSC01545.jpg

Also got my second MAA blaster today!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0/DSC01547.jpg
    Awesome idea for the Keldor swords! Can you snap them back together, or does that ruin the paintjob?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I put them together and pulled them apart a couple times and the paint didn't come off but I'm sure it would after enough times.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app