Page 402 of 500 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 12488

Thread: Post Your MOTUC Display & Collection Pictures!

Sweet setup! No Optikk, though?

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Judeh Simon,

I like the clean display and some of the customs you have in there. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Awesome! I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Princess View Post
    Whiplash, I love those pics from "Teela's Quest"
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Wow. This almost brought tears out of my eyes! awesome pics!!!
    Thanks guys, glad you liked it. =)

Bow with better arrows

A couple randoms of Teela, as they are always necessary.

Broken--meaning, fixed--Slush Head! Not a bad looking trio, Optikk fits in better standing with more of his NA ilk.

Great photos of Snake MAA!

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I was running out of shelf space, so I made more shelves!!

Old shelves now with more spacing and organization:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...yBot/all-1.jpg

Close up of the main display:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Bot/center.jpg

New shelves to the side, I call it Preternia but when the rebellion is more fleshed out, it will become the Etheria shelf:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../preternia.jpg
    I want that Vultak and Sea Hawk!

NOW!!!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Some quick pics of my new Man-At-Arms.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Curious, how do those of you that do not keep your figures MOC feel about it? I buy 2 of each, one ot open and one to keep unopened, but I'm starting to realize it is kind of a waste of money to do so and that it takes way too much room. Do you regret buying one of each to open? Like, I usually only buy one DCU figure to open, but there are times I wished I had bought a second, or sometimes I do buy a second of a specific character, but I've been doing that with MOTUC since I first got into the line, so I'm not sure what I really feel. What is your input?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I open. More fun that way.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Curious, how do those of you that do not keep your figures MOC feel about it? I buy 2 of each, one ot open and one to keep unopened, but I'm starting to realize it is kind of a waste of money to do so and that it takes way too much room. Do you regret buying one of each to open? Like, I usually only buy one DCU figure to open, but there are times I wished I had bought a second, or sometimes I do buy a second of a specific character, but I've been doing that with MOTUC since I first got into the line, so I'm not sure what I really feel. What is your input?
    I usually only buy a second one to open if its a character I want to display with. Other than that I have no problem keeping them in the mailers.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Last edited by AdultCollector; June 24, 2012 at 11:01pm.

Wow, this is truely amazing - my pictures NEVER look this good - or even good
    What do you use (if you're okay to share) to take pictures with, like what setting - I'm learning about aperture and shutter speed etc. so if I can apply my knowledge to actually taking pictures of my figures, I know I'll learn

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    I open. More fun that way.
    How do you handle opening the packaging then? Do you try to make sure the card stays in pristine condition or do you cut the bio card out? That is my main problem if I do get rid of my MOC collection (well, most of it, I've decided that I will keep every version of He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, and She-Ra I have), because I have cut out every bio card from the packaging on the ones I opened and tossed out the rest of the package.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by sword-of-grayskull View Post
    http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...n/dscn1878.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...n/dscn1879.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...n/dscn1880.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...n/dscn1882.jpg
    i actually like snake man-at-arms a lot more than i thought. It's amazing how complaining on .org forums can produce an a-list variant that's worth buying.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...n/dscn1883.jpg

"kneel before your master."
    horde prime"s other hand comes off!?!?!?! Genius! I didnt know!

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    Wow, this is truely amazing - my pictures NEVER look this good - or even good
    What do you use (if you're okay to share) to take pictures with, like what setting - I'm learning about aperture and shutter speed etc. so if I can apply my knowledge to actually taking pictures of my figures, I know I'll learn
    Thanks RafiS! I just experimented a lot. Using my new homemade soft boxes, and referring to a book about my particular camera, my Canon Rebel XSI was set to 100 ISO, shutter speed of 1/50, f-stop F5.6, meter is set at -1. I touched up the images in Photoshop, adjusting the levels and color, and softened the contrast on some. The backdrops are pieces of $.99 poster board from my local craft store.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; June 25, 2012 at 08:11am.

Thank you - suprisingly that makes sense to me (I'm normally VERY dumb) - I've borrowed a Canon 5D - I have yet to even know how to turn the damn thing on - but I'll keep these settings in mind. I always thought the meter thingie was supposed to be at zero (I have no idea why, just someone told me it should be) - could you tell me why you wanted it at -1 please (its that thing that goes from -2 to 2 right).

But seriously, great pictures - I've always liked your pictures and some of the customs you've done.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    That Lyn pic looks awesome AdultCollector!Did you paint the helmet matt?

Good question about the helmet. The person who made the piece left it as a matte. I was tempted to paint a gloss coating on it, but I think I'll leave it as is. Gives the helmet a more natural iron look.

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    could you tell me why you wanted it at -1 please (its that thing that goes from -2 to 2 right).
    No idea lol. I just experimented with the settings and am still reading the book.

My new shelves. It's a work in progress. The Wife is painting backdrops for the scenes. It's not the biggest collection but I'm enjoying it thus far. Plan on starting the snakemen (well, once there is more than Hsss and I'm kinda hoping for a varient of him with corrected shoulders first) and the Horde (holding out on filmation Hordak) soon.

Dr Kain,
    I open all of my toys. Years ago I had a house fire and lost lots of toys that never got to leave their plastic packages. I now feel if I want a toy enough to have, I want to open them and enjoy them. If it is staying in the box, I may as well leave it on the shelf. I do try and preserve the cardbacks of all my figures and usually use a razor blade to open them. I really enjoy my toys a lot more now than when I left them in the packages. Just my own thoughts on the matter.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Good question about the helmet. The person who made the piece left it as a matte. I was tempted to paint a gloss coating on it, but I think I'll leave it as is. Gives the helmet a more natural iron look.

No idea lol. I just experimented with the settings and am still reading the book.
    -3 to +3 is the exposure of the photo. If you have the camera set to the negative end of the scale, the photo will be underexposed meaning that the shot will be darker. If you have it set to the positive, it will be over exposed and therefore lighter. 0, is a normal exposure and will produce a more balanced picture.

Just a couple quick minor customs.

I repainted my Horde Prime's face with a mixture of fleshtone and quaker gray to give him an ashen look (like Emperor Palpatine). This will be my primary version of the figure with my 2nd wearing the helmet and having the crossbow attached.

This is my 200X Man-At-Arms. I used my extra SMAA figure's helmet with the original MAA figure's face. The problem is that the helmets don't match up perfectly so the glue and blue paint from the original helmet was still stuck to MAA's face and was peeking out from the 200X helmet. I had to do all kinds of sanding/grinding to the helmet and head to get it fitted properly.

View my collection and customs HERE!

Jerec350, your Horde Prime looks awesome. I love the color you gave him.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Princess View Post
    Jerec350, your Horde Prime looks awesome. I love the color you gave him.
    Thank you!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    -3 to +3 is the exposure of the photo. If you have the camera set to the negative end of the scale, the photo will be underexposed meaning that the shot will be darker. If you have it set to the positive, it will be over exposed and therefore lighter. 0, is a normal exposure and will produce a more balanced picture.
    Thank you for explaining that.

Nice HP customs, fellow Orgers!

I also decided to jump onto this bandwagon. I do like HP red/black color scheme, but the production figure didn't have enough contrasts. So I added metallic red to his eyes, teeth, crest, bone/armor collar, the chest emblem (still needs a couple of coats) and arm tubing. Metallic black was added to give depth to the boot's ankle and knee guards, as well as the loin cloth belt and a few sections of the helmet (not pictured). Pewter was put on the 'bone' sections of the belt and its buckle, part of the boot, and the spring mechs on the arms.

Much, much better.