Page 487 of 500 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,175 of 12480

Thread: Post Your MOTUC Display & Collection Pictures!

Here's my desk at work! I still have to put up the NA and Snakemen shelves. Fun fact: the LED lights on the POP randomly cycle through rainbow colors.

1661439_816249751735484_111139523_n.jpg1012538_816249985068794_520618112_n.jpg1610014_816250221735437_1864093087_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

not a fan of the character, but that's definitely a great work.
    Thanks Charlie Brown!
    If you discounted #The Secret of the Sword #, Dylamug was the first Horde Villain to appear in the Filmation series, and I love this kind of details

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Here's my desk at work! I still have to put up the NA and Snakemen shelves. Fun fact: the LED lights on the POP randomly cycle through rainbow colors.

1661439_816249751735484_111139523_n.jpg1012538_816249985068794_520618112_n.jpg1610014_816250221735437_1864093087_n.jpg
    These are great! Cool setup
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Finally, the Whiplash.

Last edited by KingKobraKhan; February 13, 2014 at 11:08am.
    JOHN 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Widget
    This was taken for the Fisto contest. Oh well…
    Attached Images Attached Images

WEPA!!!!!! Congrats bud!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KingKobraKhan View Post
    Finally, the Whiplash.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ef1bw7.jpg

Here is mine so far there are couple more additions to this setup. Overall love my MOTUCs.
    IMG_1165.jpgIMG_1161.jpgIMG_1164.jpgIMG_1167.jpgIMG_1119.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    WEPA!!!!!! Congrats bud!!!!

Thanks man! Finally!
    JOHN 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Wow...these are some great pictures! I recently renovated my home office and finally will have a proper display area for my MOTUC.

I've seen people use acrylic 3-level "steps" and I was wondering where to purchase these...and will they fit in the Detolf cases?

I don't currently have the cases (will be picking them up on Saturday)...but does anybody know where to buy good "LED pucks" to light the cases? The ones that IKEA sells seems to be more of a "warm" white and I want the "cooler" white.

Can't wait to set mine up this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Wow...these are some great pictures! I recently renovated my home office and finally will have a proper display area for my MOTUC.

I've seen people use acrylic 3-level "steps" and I was wondering where to purchase these...and will they fit in the Detolf cases?

I don't currently have the cases (will be picking them up on Saturday)...but does anybody know where to buy good "LED pucks" to light the cases? The ones that IKEA sells seems to be more of a "warm" white and I want the "cooler" white.

Can't wait to set mine up this weekend
    I ve seen those stairs too really cool stuff. N they definetely fit inside of that ikea stand i ve watched tons of videos on utube u can find it easily. But if someone can write here where we can purchase those clear stair cases that would be great.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kuduz View Post
    I ve seen those stairs too really cool stuff. N they definetely fit inside of that ikea stand i ve watched tons of videos on utube u can find it easily. But if someone can write here where we can purchase those clear stair cases that would be great.
    I can definitely answer this I was in the exact same situation. I use the Apex stands from small joes
    http://smalljoes.com/apex-action-fig...lay-case.shtml
    You can buy just the acrylic stands and they fit Detolfs like a glove. Seriously, perfect fit. You have to bend the back legs ever so slightly, but once in, there are not gaps on the side. The "stairs" are deep enough to hold MOTUC figures without a problem.

I also set up LED lights, and you are correct, the Dioder (and other) LEDs IKEA now sells are "warm" white. If you want the "cool" white, I recommend barlighting.com. They have a bunch of different options, but the closest to what IKEA sells are their "strip kits" that have a AC plug, connected to a hub that the individual LED strips are all run out of. Alternately, you can daisy chain the strips together coming from just one original hub port (if that makes sense). They don't have puck shaped ones, though.
    http://www.barlighting.com/led-strip-kits-s/1818.htm

The prices aren't too much higher than IKEAs (and the cheapest for ready to install kits than any other sight I found). Here are the different size, color, etc options
    http://www.barlighting.com/6-Strip-C...t-p/6sk-cw.htm

I have four Detolfs side by side, and actually bought two 6 strip kits and a 4 strip kit. That gave me 16 total strips, then I just daisy chained them all together in two long lines of 8 strips. That let me reduce the number of hubs, and wires. I asked and they recommended not doing more than 8 strips per hub, as the power output would cause dimming.

Here are some pictures of my setup for GI Joes. The four Detolfs use a variety of acrylic risers for different types of setup. If you want more info on any of those let me know.

DSC06319.jpg
    rsz_dsc06324.jpg

And here are some test shots I've done to see how MOTUC would look in Detolfs with the Apex risers.

rsz_motuc_detolf_5.jpg
    rsz_motuc_detolf_6.jpg

The bonus is that if you turn it sideways, the on/off switch going from the AC plug to the hub actually fit perfectly under the Detolf clearance, so the bottom "pins" the switch down. This gives you a convenient toe switch to turn everything on without having to fumble around for the switch.
    Last edited by 245am; February 20, 2014 at 06:43pm.

MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Thank you for the info, I've been wanted to open my whole MOC collection and display them the way they should so I bought 6 Detolf yesterday and I was searching for some of those acrylic risers and this is exactly the ones I want, I would like to be able to easily fit 12 figures per box = 48 per shelf, this is just perfect! I do appreciate the info!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 245am View Post
    I can definitely answer this I was in the exact same situation. I use the Apex stands from small joes
    You can buy just the acrylic stands and they fit Detolfs like a glove. Seriously, perfect fit. You have to bend the back legs ever so slightly, but once in, there are not gaps on the side. The "stairs" are deep enough to hold MOTUC figures without a problem.

I also set up LED lights, and you are correct, the Dioder (and other) LEDs IKEA now sells are "warm" white. If you want the "cool" white, I recommend barlighting.com. They have a bunch of different options, but the closest to what IKEA sells are their "strip kits" that have a AC plug, connected to a hub that the individual LED strips are all run out of. Alternately, you can daisy chain the strips together coming from just one original hub port (if that makes sense). They don't have puck shaped ones, though.

That's exactly the info I was looking for! Thanks.

The prices aren't too much higher than IKEAs (and the cheapest for ready to install kits than any other sight I found). Here are the different size, color, etc options
    http://www.barlighting.com/6-Strip-C...t-p/6sk-cw.htm

I have four Detolfs side by side, and actually bought two 6 strip kits and a 4 strip kit. That gave me 16 total strips, then I just daisy chained them all together in two long lines of 8 strips. That let me reduce the number of hubs, and wires. I asked and they recommended not doing more than 8 strips per hub, as the power output would cause dimming.

Here are some pictures of my setup for GI Joes. The four Detolfs use a variety of acrylic risers for different types of setup. If you want more info on any of those let me know.

DSC06319.jpg
    rsz_dsc06324.jpg

And here are some test shots I've done to see how MOTUC would look in Detolfs with the Apex risers.

rsz_motuc_detolf_5.jpg
    rsz_motuc_detolf_6.jpg

The bonus is that if you turn it sideways, the on/off switch going from the AC plug to the hub actually fit perfectly under the Detolf clearance, so the bottom "pins" the switch down. This gives you a convenient toe switch to turn everything on without having to fumble around for the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I love the extra heads on the weapons rack! That's brilliant!
    It's actually a head rack that I made for myself based on the weapons rack.

And thank you.

Here's my collection set up by factions/groups

[CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    Thank you for the info, I've been wanted to open my whole MOC collection and display them the way they should so I bought 6 Detolf yesterday and I was searching for some of those acrylic risers and this is exactly the ones I want, I would like to be able to easily fit 12 figures per box = 48 per shelf, this is just perfect! I do appreciate the info!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    That's exactly the info I was looking for! Thanks.
    No problem... happy to help! I did a ton of research in putting together my displays. PM me if you've got any other questions and please do post picture here of how your displays come together!

No problem... happy to help! I did a ton of research in putting together my displays. PM me if you've got any other questions and please do post picture here of how your displays come together!
    Sure I will!!! Thanks again man!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Why Should Vykron Have All The Wrestling Fun ???

On Todays Match, The Eternian Heavyweight Champion Two Bad Will Defend His Title Against The Eternian Undisputed Champion King Grayskull !!!!!!

Time To Play The KG Game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I Am That Damn Good !!!!

Hold On Old Timer............ The New Undisputed Champ Is HERE !!!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TUC138; February 21, 2014 at 06:55pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Haha! WWF belts look natural and cool on MOTUC figures!

I'm SUPER BEHIND on reviewing figures - all the way back to 2012. So I did Mekaneck and Dragon Blaster Skeletor recently!

Also that picture happened.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    that looks really great

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome thread, with SOOO many fantastic pictures!

For some inexplicable reason, I have some trouble getting my King Hiss (in his human form) in a cool pose, worthy of the King of the snakemen. If anyone has their King Hiss in a great pose, I would very much appreciate it, if they could share it, here in this thread...

And, perhaps for inspiration, I urge you to check out the link below. I have previously posted this link, in the Pre-Filmation thread, so some of you, may have seen this amazing works of art before, but I really do feel justified, in posting this link in this thread, as well. And, if you have seen them before, I am sure you will agree with me, that these wonderful images are worth a second look..!

http://youtu.be/l1Fy-Y0smPw
    Last edited by smaug; February 23, 2014 at 04:55am.

Some amazing pictures. love the WWE inspired ones.

I am in the process of moving house to a bigger place and one where I will actually have a room for all things he-man. Really inspiring to see all these set ups. Gives me ideas...
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**