Page 490 of 505 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 12613

Thread: Post Your MOTUC Display & Collection Pictures!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    Here's my collection
    Attachment 93639

One day I'll have the room to display them.
    I feel your pain, brother.

I recently spent some time in my storage unit, breaking the collection up into factions/versions (Vintage, Filmation, Preternia, 200X, etc...) just so I could have some contact with my Classics goodness!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Here's my collection
    Attachment 93639

One day I'll have the room to display them.
    Looks like your Goddess didn't survive the pain of being stored in a box.
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    I haven't uploaded an updated photo of my setup in a while so here it is. Sorry for the panoramic but I wanted to fit it all in.

Attachment 93548
    I like the setup, but honestly I think the best things in that room are the Haight & Ashbury signs. As someone who grew up in Nor Cal, I like seeing things that remind me of home. Awesome room!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    I feel your pain, brother.

I recently spent some time in my storage unit, breaking the collection up into factions/versions (Vintage, Filmation, Preternia, 200X, etc...) just so I could have some contact with my Classics goodness!
    I get them out every so often and go through them, new ones spend a couple of weeks on my desk before they go in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    Looks like your Goddess didn't survive the pain of being stored in a box.
    To be honest she didn't really survive coming out of the packaging but I knew that might happen before I took her out.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I get them out every so often and go through them, new ones spend a couple of weeks on my desk before they go in the box.
    I kind of do the same thing with new releases. I will display them until the new ones arrive, so everyone pretty much gets one month of exposure to the outside world, and then it's into the dark of the storage!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I haven't uploaded an updated photo of my setup in a while so here it is. Sorry for the panoramic but I wanted to fit it all in.

Attachment 93548
    WOW Terry! I didn't realize you had such an awesome display! I am sooo jealous!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I'd love to do this, but I only have one shot and would hate to make a mistake. Any advice?

If only Mattel would have made this change when asked to do so the first time the castle was on display in New York.
    I know, it seems such an obvious thing to do. Quite frustrating they didn't.
    If you unscrew the bottom of that level under where the throne sits, you can then unscrew the throne and take it out so you can see what you are doing better. Then I used a small carving knife to slice the ends off and a small metal sander to smooth the ends I had cut. Not that you can see the back ends anyway once the throne is screwed back in place. Especially when the Sorceress is sat in her rightful place lol.

I'd use a dremel. Very precise.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by ramaman View Post
    I'd use a dremel. Very precise.
    I find carving knives leave a smoother edge when I'm doing smaller things like that than my Dremel.

Geldor:

Geldor by rodstoybox, on Flickr

Fun with Castle Grayskull!

So my sister-in-law was visiting this weekend, and she happened to be staying in the bedroom where I display my MOTUC and other action figure collections. She was suitably impressed by the awesomeness that is MOTUC, of course, but she was also really, really curious about what Grayskull looked like on the inside! I have been displaying it closed, but since she was so interested, I opened it up and decided to set some things up a bit and add some figures. I had a good tme picking which versions of characters to display, and it gave me a nice place to display some variant figures that didn't make the cut for my regular display (several posts back). I think the castle makes a great permanent home for Bronze Grayskull, Castle Grayskull Man (of course) and Scareglow (who I was feeling guilty for leaving out of my Evil Warriors display. Anyway, just thought I'd share. This also reminds me what an awesome sister-in-law I have. Not many would ponder the secrets of Grayskull in such a way.
    Wes

IMG_2119.jpgIMG_2121.jpgIMG_2123.jpgIMG_2125.jpgIMG_2127.jpg

Attachment 93548
    Simply a Awesome Display!!!!!!!!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World

Attachment 93548
    Excellent display room you have there!!! Loving everything about it, even the non-MOTU goodies!! Like the movie posters, Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees statues in the back too!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well I have yet to receive my sub modulok, but my 2 other moduloks I got from the secondary market have arrived.

Note that this is 2 sets combined (+ random guest appearances of parts):

Fabulous secret powers revealed

Modulok by rodstoybox, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Well I have yet to receive my sub modulok, but my 2 other moduloks I got from the secondary market have arrived.

Note that this is 2 sets combined (+ random guest appearances of parts):

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...psbc7dca8b.jpg
    Dude!!!! This Draegulok looks awesome!!!!!

Horde Troopers by rodstoybox, on Flickr

Horde Troopers by rodstoybox, on Flickr

Heroic Warrior
    cool; those nature pics go nice in a coffee table pic book

Those Horde Trooper pics actually look like two 6 foot tall creatures roaming the woods. Good job!
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Thanks guys. I was lucky enough to find any area with small moss that looks like grass and saplings small enough to b5e to scale with my figures.

Yeah, awesome scouting for the Horde Trooper photo shoot. You can't just plop down your figures and pray for the best Very nice in scale nature scene with a bit of Etheria abstraction. I wouldn't even be offended if you got a little crazy with the color balance and pushed some of colors to blues. Good Job!

Quote Originally Posted by Genyosha View Post
    Yeah, awesome scouting for the Horde Trooper photo shoot. You can't just plop down your figures and pray for the best Very nice in scale nature scene with a bit of Etheria abstraction. I wouldn't even be offended if you got a little crazy with the color balance and pushed some of colors to blues. Good Job!
    Agreed. Scale is what ruins about 90% of the otherwise great pics in this thread. A Skeletor on a tree-stump just looks like a Skeletor on a tree stump sometimes.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Awesome!!!! I really really like those pics!!! Those Hordes look so natural!

Great shots man, you killed it. Hopefully you have access to that area and can set up some more shots with more figures in the NEAR future.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."