Page 498 of 500 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500 LastLast
Results 12,426 to 12,450 of 12480

Thread: Post Your MOTUC Display & Collection Pictures!

Your artwork

Quote Originally Posted by TuShan View Post
    It's been a couple of years, so here's an update. Sorry for the image quality though...

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post

This is without question the greatest display/room I have seen in years!!!

I am completely changing mine around to mirror yours.

We share many similar pieces.

AMAZING stuff my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    Your artwork
    Thanks! Those are oils on canvas.
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

My current setup. I think I'm going to move the giants and Granamyr up top to make more room. I'd love to organize the center cabinets by the vintage releases and then the outer cabinets with Filmation, 200x, and other media. Wish I had room for ONE more cabinet...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    My current setup. I think I'm going to move the giants and Granamyr up top to make more room. I'd love to organize the center cabinets by the vintage releases and then the outer cabinets with Filmation, 200x, and other media. Wish I had room for ONE more cabinet...
    Very nice, neat and clean set-up! Love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    That Dragon Blaster Skelly with the green He-Man sword and shield is a great idea!
    ~~~~~~~~ abaddon_31 on the Matty Collector Message Boards ~~~~~~~~~

Looks great! I have to ask... where did you get the table that Grayskull sits upon? I'm in the market for something like this!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Looks great! I have to ask... where did you get the table that Grayskull sits upon? I'm in the market for something like this!
    Yeah, it's awesome! I'd like to know too!

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Very nice, neat and clean set-up! Love it!
    Thanks! I'm a huge fan of the Detolf cases.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Yeah, it's awesome! I'd like to know too!
    It's the BOKSEL coffee table from Ikea. It fits Grayskull perfectly, plus I use the shelves and small drawer to store a few extra boxed figures. I'm pretty sure it comes in a bunch of finishes. I looked at others there as well that were far cheaper, but opted for this one because of the extra storage and the glass protective top. Any table that measures around 30 x 30" would work for you. The Lack table, for example is 30 x 30 and is like $30.

It's the BOKSEL coffee table from Ikea. It fits Grayskull perfectly, plus I use the shelves and small drawer to store a few extra boxed figures. I'm pretty sure it comes in a bunch of finishes. I looked at others there as well that were far cheaper, but opted for this one because of the extra storage and the glass protective top. Any table that measures around 30 x 30" would work for you. The Lack table, for example is 30 x 30 and is like $30.
    Sweet! Thanks for the info!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Awesome set up! Where did you get the clear risers in the cases?
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Awesome set up! Where did you get the clear risers in the cases?
    Thanks! I ended up finding the stands at a store fixture retailer called Gershel Bros. (gershelbros.com). If you do a search for "BST4" on their website
    you'll find this:

2-Step Solid Back Stairs $14.95 Each
    15" W x 7" D x 4" H.Steps are 2" H x 3 1/4" D . Clear

I think I stumbled on them by doing an image search for acrylic risers. They fit the detolf cases perfectly. Although, I think they are hand made, as I've ordered them at different times and found a few were a bit more snug in the cases than others.

Another type of riser I'm using, temporarily until I order more from Gershel, a friend of mine found at a GI JOE website. They're a tad deeper and taller, but also a bit more flimsy. I'm having trouble locating a price on the site, but I want to say they are cheaper than the gershel stands. You'll find them at smalljoes.com

They measure 14 3/4" W x 7" D x 5 1/4" H. Steps are 2 1/2" H x 3 1/2" D

Here's a few comparison pics...

Thanks and double thanks for being very specific with the name! A lot of times folks will be "Oh I got it at IKEA..." and you look at the IKEA site and for the life of you you can never find the exact item that people are posting pics of. Not this time. Going shopping now!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Thanks and double thanks for being very specific with the name! A lot of times folks will be "Oh I got it at IKEA..." and you look at the IKEA site and for the life of you you can never find the exact item that people are posting pics of. Not this time. Going shopping now!
    No worries.

Post a pic if you end up grabbing a table. I'd love to see how you incorporate it into your display.

Quote Originally Posted by thebortster View Post
    Put in some new shelves to finally display my MOTUC figures all in one place (they were in seperate places before, basically everywhere I could find some space to put them). Been collecting for a little under two years, as of now I'm still missing 16 figures.
    The dioramas are excellent! I especially like the Eternos Palace set up.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    My current setup...
    Great stuff.

I'm stuck with only four as well. I'd like to see what you do when the line wraps up. I'm using the grayskull stands for now, just because I'm a sucker for licensed stands. I'll admit the clear looks truly fantastic, though.

I have Granymyr, the sled, and the Wind Raider up top.

I have a few odds and ends sitting about, and will ultimately clear some stuff out. I alternate which shelves get the stands. Two per unit, 1st and 3rd shelf on the first and third unit, 2nd and 4th on the 2nd and 4th respectively. I sit the giants behind a group of five figures, and Skele and He-Man are riding their beasts with four other figures on their shelves. To take up that additional headspace, I put He-Man/Battle Cat on top of a rock sculpture (needs lights under than shadow of the top), and two Shadow Beasts behind Skeletor/Panthor. I'll get it figured out when it's all done, but I could probably get some tips from your set up as well. Keep us updated!

Are your lights all powered by that one strip from the left? It actually looks nicely concealed for these shelves.

I saw somebody using some wireless LED puck lights via remote control. The only downside is that the are a little fatter than wired versions because of the batteries, but with these, you get to mount a set in the middle of the cabinet as well. Apparently they stick to the glass great. I think it will remotely control like 24 lights at a time. They also have dimmer settings. Seems amazing.

Most people probably know all this stuff, but I've just recently been interested in lighting.

You ever take a photo of 'em in the dark?

---

edit - light link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaJU2QS4lHY
    Last edited by Jawbridge; July 15, 2014 at 10:54pm.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I'm using the grayskull stands for now, just because I'm a sucker for licensed stands. I'll admit the clear looks truly fantastic, though.
    I never picked up any of the Grayskull stands. I did get a set of the tiered stands, but I'm not a huge fan. I did think at one point I might try and make an adhesive wrap of the stone motif to adhere to the acrylic stands, but never researched farther.

Are your lights all powered by that one strip from the left? It actually looks nicely concealed for these shelves.
    Yeah, there is a grey cord snake running up behind the left case from the power strip on the floor. That powers the 4 light set from Ikea.

I saw somebody using some wireless LED puck lights via remote control. The only downside is that the are a little fatter than wired versions because of the batteries, but with these, you get to mount a set in the middle of the cabinet as well. Apparently they stick to the glass great. I think it will remotely control like 24 lights at a time. They also have dimmer settings. Seems amazing.
    I saw that at one time too, but I think I backed away after reading about the poor battery life. I love to leave these cases on as well as the red light behind Castle Grayskull for hours while I play games or watch a movie. I really wish I could have lights on every shelf, but I haven't seen a wireless set that matches the wired sets and I haven't seen a great wire management system either. I thought about cutting black foam core, placing it along the back of the cases and using it to mask wires for multiple shelves. My only other thought was to install track lighting with a dimmer that would allow me to spot light each case.

You ever take a photo of 'em in the dark?
    Here's a quick shot from my iPhone. You can see that the bottom shelves are completely dark. The lights have a remote that allows them to change color, but then they just emit even less light.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I meant those tiered stands. I forgot about the single stands. The single stands never actually held a figure up very well for me.

I didn't like the stands at first until I put the six I first bought on a single shelf. Five in the back and one in the center. It has the same rise as conventional stuff, just without the clearness (most people prefer clear though) and is maybe more expensive.

Other than being thematic and licensed, the idea is that I'll, one day, replace these shelves for a single large commercial unit. And the tiered stands have some good options once you get the space to play with them.

I'm on the same page with the battery life. I think I'll stay away as well. I do like the runners going up the front, but derng if that's not a LOT of work and cost to light what's supposed to be a cheap shelf. Funny how much money you can actually sink into a detolf.

I might just go with the LED strips on the front (I like the light shining back at the figures to reduce frontal shadows), across the top and bottom. The middle might go dark but that can just be considered when arranging the shelves, and maybe add to the mood. Idunno. Agree that it'll be cool to leave on for a while. I do play cards in that room, so the overhead light is almost always on.

Something I saw that I just have to share, for a couple reasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOHCXlZ8XRA

Nice lights. Just pull those cords tights and zip em down. Not exactly what I would do, but the same type of strip, only this video comes with a strange jolt of extreme GoW enthusiasm.

Fortune cookie says: "Laser removal is in your future"
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

No worries.

Post a pic if you end up grabbing a table. I'd love to see how you incorporate it into your display.
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    This just got edited to be my new desktop

Cool, may I ask where that stand you used for the Sky Sled can be found?
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

I meant those tiered stands. I forgot about the single stands. The single stands never actually held a figure up very well for me.
    I have one set, I'll have to take another look at them. I did think about using one in front of the acrylic risers, but they're not as wide, so I lose a bit of space.

Something I saw that I just have to share, for a couple reasons...
    I agree that the light strips on the front create the best lighting, I just am not a fan of seeing the wires running to the back of the shelf. It's too bad the frame of the detolf doesn't also act as a hollow wire management system. Problem would be solved. If you get your lights all worked, please keep me posted as it sounds like we are doing very similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by GozzoMan View Post
    Cool, may I ask where that stand you used for the Sky Sled can be found?
    It's the first flight stand offered by Matty with the sky sled balanced on the hook and reinforced with a bit of gaffers tape!
    I was hoping someone would make an attachment for the old flight stands on shapeways.

I haven't seen a PIXEL DAN video with the new Wall stands - I looked through his youtube site...anyone else get any?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Hi everyone! Here's an update of our collection
    Hope you like it!

More pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/toyboys.mov...9258764&type=1
    Toy Boys, Inc. Customs here ----> http://www.flickr.com/toyboys-inc

add us on Facebook! ToyBoys Movies

Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Guys, that's just freaking awesome!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz