Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty's subscription shipping doesn't match up with day of sale

Matty's subscription shipping doesn't match up with day of sale

This needs to be brought to everyone's attention. As a subscriber I believe I am being charged more shipping for my subscription order than I would be if I bought the same items day of sale.

I selected USPS shipping for my sub order and day of sale and EVEN AFTER the "four dollar discount" it appears I'm still paying MORE for shipping on my sub.

Check out the photo's below. The top photo is of 2 FFM and 2 Karatti if I were to go to the Matty site and order them right now. See the shipping? $11.40

Now the shipping for my sub order: The shipping..... 16.85 ???

Looks odd to me. Am I missing something? Or am I paying more to ship a sub order than a day of order?

I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Thanks for posting this. I've just checked mine and you're right!

1 x FFM and 1 x Karratti via International Post today (minus the $4 discount) = $26.15
    The same in my sub (again, minus the $4 discount because I didn't get it!) via International Post = $38.25!

That's a heck of a difference!

So, not only did they send my sub to the wrong address (for the second time in two years of moving), they've charged me more than $12 extra for the privilege! Good grief Penfold!

Just checked, and sadly you're right..sigh..
    DR are a bunch of idiots..I wonder how much lower they can get?

Well, I was going to check my shipping out on Matty, but the site wont pull up. You apparently caused them to shut down their system to avoid further embarassment.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Ugh. The shipping is always so messed up on this stuff. I still feel like it's too expensive regardless, especially considering how long it takes to arrive.

Hopefully they get this corrected or offer another credit or something.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Didn't they say the shipping for all May items? So SoH should have the same discount right? Mine sure doesn't.

Please post this on the Ask Matty forum if you haven't already.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exinferis View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I've just checked mine and you're right!

1 x FFM and 1 x Karratti via International Post today (minus the $4 discount) = $26.15
    The same in my sub (again, minus the $4 discount because I didn't get it!) via International Post = $38.25!

That's a heck of a difference!

So, not only did they send my sub to the wrong address (for the second time in two years of moving), they've charged me more than $12 extra for the privilege! Good grief Penfold!
    Wow. Just wow.

What are the odds they're finally lowering shipping charges and the sub will follow?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Has anyone, rather than just post of the Matty forums where the question will get skipped over, actually called Digital River's customer service about this? You might get a real result from them (you can try demanding a refund for the portion of shipping you were overcharged), vs. asking ToyGuru to fix something that he probably won't be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Didn't they say the shipping for all May items? So SoH should have the same discount right? Mine sure doesn't.
    Actually, I think the shipping discount was only for the subscription items. SOH Hordak would be excluded from that.

I think.

Of course, that still doesn't explain why Subscription shipping charges are more than regular orders from Matty. That's got to be an error.

My subscription shipping this month was about $10 higher than what it should have been according to Matty Collector by adding the same exact items to my cart just now. I need to give them a call about this. So much for taking care of your loyal subscribers Mattel

I believe a free Pink-Belly Hordak for each subscriber is in order...

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    NO, actually the $4 offer states the subs and orders placed on the 15th and 16th ONLY! I looked - SOH was sold on the 14th - EA should not have the $4 discount.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

This could all be a glitch that's happening as of today, giving erroneously low shipping rates. The mattycollector site has been crapping out on and off all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Ugh. The shipping is always so messed up on this stuff. I still feel like it's too expensive regardless, especially considering how long it takes to arrive.

Hopefully they get this corrected or offer another credit or something.
    Wow, it's good (but bad) to hear that an American fan also feels shipping is too high.
    These figures end up costing me in Canada $40 each. I can justify that to myself to cherry pick, but not to subscribe.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I just tried duplicating my subscription going all the way to the final page total before you confirm your order and not only was the shipping off but the tax was $0 instead of the $25 I was charged for my sub shipments. So something is definitely off today.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Angella/Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod/Multibot
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Wow, it's good (but bad) to hear that an American fan also feels shipping is too high.
    These figures end up costing me in Canada $40 each. I can justify that to myself to cherry pick, but not to subscribe.
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. Between state sales tax and shipping, I paid $50 for my subs this month. And I won't get them until the last week of the month. Shipping just seems way too high for the amount of time the delivery takes.

And something funky must be going on with Matty's site today for shipping to be low and sales tax to be $0. Though I sure would prefer those prices on my subs! Heh.

It's not just today, because I checked the shipping yesterday and it's the same as today for an identical order. I was definitely charged a substantially higher shipping rate for my subscription order than what I could of got day of sale. I'm not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    It's not just today, because I checked the shipping yesterday and it's the same as today for an identical order. I was definitely charged a substantially higher shipping rate for my subscription order than what I could of got day of sale. I'm not happy.
    Yeesh. Wonder what the heck is up, then. Definitely not cool.

I wonder how much Yodafreakmaster was charged for shipping his 30+ subs. I bet he really got nailed with this.

Also, I would suggest that everyone calls 1-877-466-2889 (GO MATTY) and let's Digital River know what's going on here in addition to posting on the Ask Matty forum about this issue. If we inundate them with requests, maybe they will work on a resolution.
    Last edited by Zodach; May 16, 2013 at 01:29pm.

I posted this last night on Matty Collector too... I was charged 16.85 for subscription S&H, but DoS shipping invoice says it would only cost 11.40.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I know I'd like a refund for the difference, but customer service doesn't even understand what I'm talking about when I call them with simple questions. There's no chance of them grasping this situation.

I don't even see where the $4.00 was taken off my sub order. If it was taken off, that means shipping would have been 20.85 to begin with? That's outrageous!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

With my subs, I use UPS ground and it appears that my shipping was less on my sub than if I just ordered DOS, but I dont know if I got the $4 discount or not, if it was included, then DOS would be $19.10 and sub would be $21.65. I really cant tell either way! How do you know if you got the $4 shipping discount they promised?

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    How do you know if you got the $4 shipping discount they promised?
    Smoke and mirrors

Well, this whole thing is very frustrating.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com