Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: To Open or Not to Open / MOC (mint on card) Versus Loose

I'm a MOC collector, first runs, no "The Original" on any of my figs. I just like them better in package and know that I won't decrease the value by opening them, to me or anybody else in the future.

I've also recently starting getting doubles of some figs to open during the Mad Matty/BF sales. I'd like to get the core heroes and villians as doubles, so here's to hoping that they rerelease Teela, Evil-Lyn, Beastman, Mekanek, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by maa5 View Post
    I'm a MOC collector, first runs, no "The Original" on any of my figs. I just like them better in package and know that I won't decrease the value by opening them, to me or anybody else in the future.

I've also recently starting getting doubles of some figs to open during the Mad Matty/BF sales. I'd like to get the core heroes and villians as doubles, so here's to hoping that they rerelease Teela, Evil-Lyn, Beastman, Mekanek, etc.)
    Whoa!
    Were we separated at birth?!?
    Thats my exact collecting pattern for this line.

The only thing making me open and close my white
    Mailers is the dreaded white fuzz on some figures.
    My 1st edition He-Man gets it from time to time.
    A quick blast in the dryer and hes mint.
    Fantastical!

Please open and display. I need my MOC ones to go up in value 15 years from now. I have twins to send to college. So please open open open!!!!!
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Podcaster
    I collect MOC because I like them that way. I have no illusions about their 'worth' and could not care less. Having MOC figures helps me turn my hobby room into a vintage toystore (I also collect vintage MOC) and I really enjoy my collection that way.

If you choose to open your MOTUC, then more power to you! Both are fine choices and I would never talk down to a loose collector just because he/she enjoys this hobby a bit differently than I do.

Though, I do find some loose collector's attitude a bit arrogant when MOC collectors are described as "just collecting packages" and "why don't we just buy pictures"? It feels ridiculous to even respond to that. How about we each enjoy collecting MOTUC however we choose and not insult others who do it differently? That just shows self-doubt and insecurity about your own decisions.

Anyway, collect MOTUC however you want!
    Last edited by SunDevil; May 18, 2013 at 04:26pm.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! - BLAST ATTAK! - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - Flying Fists He-Man
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MULTI-BOT! - NINJOR! - Peekablue
    Perfuma - Rotar - Saurod - SSSQUEEZE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Twistoid

I'm a loose an MOC collector. For the past couple years I've bought doubles of every figure, one to display and the other to keep on the card, cause they look great both ways. But that can get...expensive and shelf space is scarce. From this year till the end of the line, I only collect MOC and if I want one to display, I'll pick up an extra on sale day. Don't know how well that's gonna go next year if they get rid of DOS...
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

When I purchase on ebay, I prefer purchasing loose - not just because they're a bit cheaper, but also because you get a better look at the figure and you can see if there's anything wrong with it (frequently the case with classics, unfortunately)

If it was a choice between MOC and loose at the same price, and the loose figure seemed to be in good condition, I'd go with the loose figure.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread