Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: To Open or Not to Open / MOC (mint on card) Versus Loose

moc or loose

Just curious who all collects moc and who prefers loose.....I myself like both but I think I like loose best.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm all about loose. Action figures are meant for action!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Just curious who all collects moc and who prefers loose.....I myself like both but I think I like loose best.
    I want loose but I don't have the space to display mine loose, also most of my figures from what I can tell have no paint issues or accessory mess ups.

Correction: my reissue Skeletor has 2 full power swords and my reissue He-Man's half sword has white mark on it from being bent in package, but other than that my stuff looks good. I wanna open them so bad though
    Last edited by kagamigod; January 4, 2010 at 11:55pm.

Loose all the way. I need to touch and pose the figures. Plus I like displaying them on a shelf above their vintage counterparts.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Loose. But a poll would be better to do this kind of question.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

i was trying to do both, but finances haven't cooperated. nor has quality control or customer service, really.

so at this point, i've opened a few figures i have multiples of (if i only have 1 it's MOC for now), and they're the ones with the worst paint jobs (or bent weapons, in webstor's case). i figure someday i'll have a customizer i know around here tweak the paint jobs. i may end up trading some of the MOCs, especially if they were from the subscription and I don't care as much about them. i'll focus more on the figures and customs i really like, and maybe i'll even end up saving myself some money.

I have about 1/2 and 1/2 for the moment. I don't have places to display them at the moment, but hopefully in a few months I will. But I plan to buy some extra copies of certain choice figures to keep MOSC. Mainly though, I want to be a Loose type collector.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I'm typically a loose collector, however MOTUC is the
    only line in which I collect MOC and loose.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine are all loose and in the wild. Can't even understand the moc argument. I seriously had to open the reissue He-Man even though I also have the first one... I dunno. I just like the toys I guess.

Loose is the way to go, but I do have an extra He-man and Skeletor MOC.

I like having a loose and MOC set.

But you can't beat a loose set for display!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I like having a loose and MOC set.

But you can't beat a loose set for display!!
    Ditto! but i consider my MOC colection as a rainy day fund if i ever need cash! but i will never sell the loose collection!

but wun dar is different, I wont open either of him! I dont see the point in opening him!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I have never understood mint on card. Unless you are planning to sell them some day. If that is the case, I don't really consider you a fan as I understand the term. They have a name for people who collect something just to sell it later, and it's not "fan".

But at any rate, Yeah, "Loose". I keep the packaging, I like reading the bio's, and if/when I move, I can repack them for easy packing.

Basically "Mint on card" just means you could have bought a box with the picture of the figure inside, because that's all it will ever be, again, unless you are planing to sell it. Action figures (or statues, ect) are ment to be opened. Can you imagine someone buying some of those expensive multi-hundred dollar statues for us fanboys, just to keep it "mint in box" and all they ever see is the box art? Gah!

Actually let me say this, Mint on card is fine I suppose, tack them to walls or whatever, but it's those people who do both. Gah. Too many people seem to do that. When I ask, if they aren't keeping the other one to sell, they say it's in case something happens to the open one, they have a back up. That's so crazy. Life happens. You gotta go with it, that and if they need the security of a second pristine copy, you're just going to presumably buy a new mint on card for back up for your mint on card that you may open, ect ect.

So I think this question is more purely stated as "Who, that buys one figure for themselves, keeps them all mint on card, or open?" Cause if you're one of the people buying two or more of each for yourself, I dont belive you apply to the spirit of the question.

I collect primarily MOC (all characters I buy) and some figures I like the most, I will also buy extra one to open.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Loose. The figures are so awesome that I have to free them out of the blister... I would go MOC and loose with MOTUC but I can't afford it.

This is a poll that sort of deals with the same question.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=177152
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    i'm trying to resist opening my scareglow, but this is mainly because i have no room to display these classic figures ... luckily enough, this prevented me from opening he-man, which i bought when it originally came out hehe

Both when I can afford a spare - loose when I can't

I'm doing the loose thing at the moment, but I'm planning to keep one figure MOC for every POP and NA character.

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    Loose is fun and if opened in the bottom thay can be put back in the packaging if desired :cD
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"
    -------------------------------------

I collect loose but these things look so good MOC as well that now I am recollecting all the previous releases to have both MOC and loose

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    I started off by doing only MOC, but then couldn't resist to open them. So from Tri Klops onwards I bought 2 of each so I can have one loose and one MOC ...

I'm so glad they are rereleasing most of them, now my loose collection can start catching up with the MOC one ...
    -= CAN WE EVER HAVE ENOUGH MOTU FIGURES? =-

NO WE CAN'T !!

I take them out of their plastic prisons the moment the box reaches my hand... (The only exception was reissue he-man. I went to where I lived as a child to open that fig.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I have never understood mint on card. Unless you are planning to sell them some day. If that is the case, I don't really consider you a fan as I understand the term. They have a name for people who collect something just to sell it later, and it's not "fan".

But at any rate, Yeah, "Loose". I keep the packaging, I like reading the bio's, and if/when I move, I can repack them for easy packing.

Basically "Mint on card" just means you could have bought a box with the picture of the figure inside, because that's all it will ever be, again, unless you are planing to sell it. Action figures (or statues, ect) are ment to be opened. Can you imagine someone buying some of those expensive multi-hundred dollar statues for us fanboys, just to keep it "mint in box" and all they ever see is the box art? Gah!

Actually let me say this, Mint on card is fine I suppose, tack them to walls or whatever, but it's those people who do both. Gah. Too many people seem to do that. When I ask, if they aren't keeping the other one to sell, they say it's in case something happens to the open one, they have a back up. That's so crazy. Life happens. You gotta go with it, that and if they need the security of a second pristine copy, you're just going to presumably buy a new mint on card for back up for your mint on card that you may open, ect ect.

So I think this question is more purely stated as "Who, that buys one figure for themselves, keeps them all mint on card, or open?" Cause if you're one of the people buying two or more of each for yourself, I dont belive you apply to the spirit of the question.
    Well, I have bought two of each for myself from the beginning, but not as an investment. I love my loose collection to display posed, but I also love the look of these figures MOC too as I consider the total package a work of art.
    Kind of like the sizzle with the steak, ya know?

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    I release all my figures from thier plastic prisons as soon as they are received, so take a little longer to open but eventually they all get put on display. i do have a few extra figures i keep moc for trade bait or for custom fodder but i don't go crazy and buy 10 of each, i got the sub for 3 figs a month b/c i knew i wanted more adora's and trapjaw's and we'll see what other goodies we get this year that i will want multiples of!!!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback