Thread: Club Grayskull Filmation Teela... will Super7 deliver?

Club Grayskull Filmation Teela... will Super7 deliver?

Mattel claims that Point Dread Teela was not "Filmation Teela". Personally i think it was supposed to but was a disaster.

So since matty handed the reigns to Super7, i am hoping Super7's first release that is NEW is Filmation Teela. It seems as if Teela is a very secluded character in the way as she was new redistributed to the numbers needed and a lot of fans are i believe just not happy that Mattel didn't deliver on a new designed Teela nor a filmation Teela.

The other character i believe Mattel held back too long was 200X Sorceress not Veena, Sorceress.

I am hoping that Super 7 pulls that off quick too. If those two are shown from Super7 for the 2017-2018 line revealed, then count me in for two subs and four of Filmation Teela and 200X Sorceress. The four horsemen are still the sculptors (from last i heard) so i know they will pull off these two figs for Super7 and hopefully they come out of production almost as perfect as the prototypes.

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    Mattel claims that Point Dread Teela was not "Filmation Teela". Personally i think it was supposed to but was a disaster.
    I don't think anyone would disagree that it was a disaster, but I don't think she was meant to be "Filmation Teela" in the Club Grayskull sense. She was still part of the MOTUC line, still using the more detailed parts.

200x Sorceress, 200x Adam, and especially 200x Evil-Lyn are all overdue. Personally I'd love them to redo Faceless One, Frosta, and She-Ra (whose face we know didn't turn out right either) if they ever get to where redoing figures (or just heads) is a good idea.

The trouble is, Mattel didn't set out to make those mistakes, so it's no guarantee that Super7 won't run into similar problems as what befell PD Teela. I hope they are able to overcome them since she was a very disappointing figure in the line from Mattel. And I hope that Teela is in the next year of Club Grayskull like you do, but more than anything I hope she's a good figure. If that takes an extra year, I'd prefer that to rushing her out with melted nose or something.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I think PD Teela was supposed to be the start of Classics 2.0. Filmation styling, but Classics detail. That's what the Club Grayskull sub was initially called. I think once ToyGuru left, that was all tossed out the window, and we have the less detailed and more Filmation accurate Club Grayskull line (and I think this was the right call}. So, PD Teela is kind of a vision of what could have been (and the prototype looked dang good, too bad the final figure is such a disaster).

Heroic Warrior
    Oh filmation teela will definitely be in the next club grayskull wave. She's a popular character, helps fill out heroic warriors, can reuse some of this years evil lyn parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I think PD Teela was supposed to be the start of Classics 2.0. Filmation styling, but Classics detail. That's what the Club Grayskull sub was initially called. I think once ToyGuru left, that was all tossed out the window, and we have the less detailed and more Filmation accurate Club Grayskull line (and I think this was the right call}. So, PD Teela is kind of a vision of what could have been (and the prototype looked dang good, too bad the final figure is such a disaster).
    Yeah. Thank goodness for Brandon realizing if you're going to do animated versions then you should go all in and not do some hybrid.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I don't think anyone would disagree that it was a disaster, but I don't think she was meant to be "Filmation Teela" in the Club Grayskull sense. She was still part of the MOTUC line, still using the more detailed parts.

200x Sorceress, 200x Adam, and especially 200x Evil-Lyn are all overdue. Personally I'd love them to redo Faceless One, Frosta, and She-Ra (whose face we know didn't turn out right either) if they ever get to where redoing figures (or just heads) is a good idea.

The trouble is, Mattel didn't set out to make those mistakes, so it's no guarantee that Super7 won't run into similar problems as what befell PD Teela. I hope they are able to overcome them since she was a very disappointing figure in the line from Mattel. And I hope that Teela is in the next year of Club Grayskull like you do, but more than anything I hope she's a good figure. If that takes an extra year, I'd prefer that to rushing her out with melted nose or something.
    I definately think she was "Filmation" Teela in the same way that the driver of the Battle Ram was "Filmation" Man At Arms. Filmation by way of Classics. No one will argue that based on the designs of the actual "Filmation" Club Grayskull figures that both Duncan & Teela could easily be made true filmation style.

I would also disagree that she was a disaster. I love her. She is my "Filmation" Teela for sure, just as Man At Arms via Battle Ram is the "Filmation" version I wanted. I think she's great.

I do not know if SUper 7 will be releasing any Filmation figures because who knows if the 4H have done more designs. I mean I am certain they have because they plan ahead and design and sculpt ahead. So if the 4H have them I think Super 7 will get around to using them.

So I'm clear Teela & Duncan definately deserve the true Club Grayskull Filmation design. I am not one who needed the Grayskull collection (excepting Skeletor and eventually Clawful) and have been happy with the Classicized Filmation Characters (Strong Arm, Icer, the whole POP roster, etc) but those characters while being represented by Classicized versions do still deserve a shot at true Filmation style for those that want them.

The Horsemen & Brandon stated PD teela was always meant to be a hybrid and NOT an Official Filmation teela. Brandon even said at SDCC last year that a true Filmation teela was coming so I'm sure the Horsemen have at least sculpted her.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Has the four horsemen now been changed to not be designing for Super7?

Last i have read and the pixel Dan interview the 4 horsemen are still going to be designing the figures.

Has this since been changed because i have not seen nor read that the 4 horsemen wont be tooling new figs for Super7.

If the four horsemen have since changed their kind and wont be doing new figures for Super7, than it sounds like the line will be drastically changed if new sculptors are to be used.

Can anyone link me to an article or video where the four horsemen were announced as no longer tooling for Super7?!?

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    Has the four horsemen now been changed to not be designing for Super7?

Last i have read and the pixel Dan interview the 4 horsemen are still going to be designing the figures.

Has this since been changed because i have not seen nor read that the 4 horsemen wont be tooling new figs for Super7.

If the four horsemen have since changed their kind and wont be doing new figures for Super7, than it sounds like the line will be drastically changed if new sculptors are to be used.

Can anyone link me to an article or video where the four horsemen were announced as no longer tooling for Super7?!?

No one has said that the 4H won't be working with super7? Brian Flynn of Super 7 said they are working with 4H...Cornboy said they are working with super7 so why are you asking for a link to an article or video where the four horsemen were announced as no longer tooling for Super7?

- - - Updated - - -

From what I heard in the Pixel Dan interview with Brian Flynn he said if the Mattel factory does business with super7 Brian Flynn needs to see if the factory will do things their way ( Super7) I could be totally wrong but what I got from that is Bryan Flynn isn't going to put up with derpy eyes or careless QC issues, Mattel told us they told their factory the Derpy eyes were not acceptable yet the factory kept on doing it so I don't think Mattel really made the QC issues a priority. I think super 7 is going to be more strict with the factory on MOTU Subscription product they offer us than mattel was.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I definately think she was "Filmation" Teela in the same way that the driver of the Battle Ram was "Filmation" Man At Arms. Filmation by way of Classics. No one will argue that based on the designs of the actual "Filmation" Club Grayskull figures that both Duncan & Teela could easily be made true filmation style.
    That doesn’t have anything to do though with Mattel’s assurance that PD Teela wasn’t “Filmation Teela,” since we can be sure that’s about including her in Club Grayskull, not in delivering yet another Filmation-based version of her in Collector’s Choice. IMO the Battle Ram MAA was more of a “great hits” combo since he also had that uniquely MYP hair. Like a lot of MOTUC add-ons, it gave people the parts they wanted to kit bash their ideal versions (in his case, two separate versions really). Whatever Mattel intended doesn't matter now of course, and I'm sure Super7 would want to make both of them in the Filmation line because they're star characters on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I would also disagree that she was a disaster. I love her. She is my "Filmation" Teela for sure, just as Man At Arms via Battle Ram is the "Filmation" version I wanted. I think she's great.
    Eh, well, there’s a flavor for every taste bud.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    From what I heard in the Pixel Dan interview with Brian Flynn he said if the Mattel factory does business with super7 Brian Flynn needs to see if the factory will do things their way ( Super7) I could be totally wrong but what I got from that is Bryan Flynn isn't going to put up with derpy eyes or careless QC issues, Mattel told us they told their factory the Derpy eyes were not acceptable yet the factory kept on doing it so I don't think Mattel really made the QC issues a priority. I think super 7 is going to be more strict with the factory on MOTU Subscription product they offer us than mattel was.
    Sometimes the problems you think you can fix as an outsider are more ingrained then you expected when you get into the muck of things is all I’m saying.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

That doesn’t have anything to do though with Mattel’s assurance that PD Teela wasn’t “Filmation Teela,” since we can be sure that’s about including her in Club Grayskull, not in delivering yet another Filmation-based version of her in Collector’s Choice. IMO the Battle Ram MAA was more of a “great hits” combo since he also had that uniquely MYP hair. Like a lot of MOTUC add-ons, it gave people the parts they wanted to kit bash their ideal versions (in his case, two separate versions really). Whatever Mattel intended doesn't matter now of course, and I'm sure Super7 would want to make both of them in the Filmation line because they're star characters on the show.

Eh, well, there’s a flavor for every taste bud.

Sometimes the problems you think you can fix as an outsider are more ingrained then you expected when you get into the muck of things is all I’m saying.
    One would think that once the company (mattel) who is paying the factory to manufacture their product says Ok going forward this issue of your workers shipping our product with misaligned eyes is not acceptable and we don't want it to continue, the factory says ok but the issue keeps happening over and over means the factory really could care less and just passified mattel.

Now can super7 & 4H keep the QC in check with the mattel factory? We will have to wait and see.

I hope they wait to do a Filmation Teela. Since the females are notoriously hard to get right, and the current factory seems to have multiple issues, I want to wait until Super7 and the factory has a PERFECT working relationship so that Super7 will get the best Teela out of whatever factory they are using.

The character was too detailed to be part of club Grayskull. However, that figure was a complete train wreck and would have been the perfect bridge for fans that missed out on the original.

I really want a Filmation Teela though. I'm hopeful it will happen. This first wave was very Evil Warriors heavy so hopefully it is more balanced for the next wave. However, I don't dislike what was chosen for this wave we are getting. The Evil Warriors are by far some of the best looking designs.

The big thing is can we get straight eyes??? That will be the real struggle since these figures are so much less detailed.

One of the things that always gives me pause as a toy collector is sort of the realization that for all the advances that the industry has made since we were children, toys are still for the most part assembled in these dingy sweatshops by underpaid, overworked assembly line drones who couldn't care less whether your Teela has crooked eyes or not because the $2/hour she's making is all that's paying for grandma's medical bills back home. I do hope for the day when technology reaches a point where toy production can be largely automated and quality control can be done on the spot by a handful of workers managing a largely automated process.

Quote Originally Posted by Minor View Post
    This first wave was very Evil Warriors heavy so hopefully it is more balanced for the next wave. However, I don't dislike what was chosen for this wave we are getting. The Evil Warriors are by far some of the best looking designs.
    Yeah the Filmation look of the Evil Warriors was more unique than the heroes were and they are also more appealing characters. I think most folks will be happy to buy Filmation versions of villians like Whiplash and Webstor, but not so much Filmation versions of Stratos and Mekaneck. Once they get so deep in Club Grayskull that we start getting the heroes (beyond Teela, Man at Arms, Prince Adam, Cringer, Ram Man and Sorceress) I'll probably be done collecting the Filmation line. I think Club Grayskull has another 2 years left of characters from the He-Man cartoon that need Filmation versions. After that hopefully they do a She-Ra cartoon line with She-Ra, Frosta, Hordak, Leech, Grizzlor and Mantenna (with the Twiggets as the sub exclusive)
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

I want proper Filmation versions of Adora and She-Ra and Bo as well...

What these companies really needed to do was hire someone full time to manage qc on all their lines in China. These factories will try to slip stuff by you any chance they get in order to make an extra buck. You have to have someone watching every step of the process that knows the product.

I just hope that Super7 doesn't try to play the long game with us. We've been strung along for quite some time, and I for one am tired of it. I want to see the important figures, and the more fan demanded 2nd and 3rd tier characters, and maybe the occasional wild card, but not a wave assortment similar to 2010-2013.

I think it's in their best interest to keep it straight forward, since a lot of people are probably done with the Neitlich way of production runs. I'm so glad we got Scott at the helm; although I don't agree with all of his moves, I am glad we got a lot of obscure characters over the years thanks to his model. But, that model is also the reason Nightstalker was released before Stridor, which may very well end with us having no Stridor. And yes, I realize that Scott was probably gone by the time NS was in the works, but either way, it's the whole "let's make several less popular figures first, and parcel out the most popular items, in order to sell more product" method that has left us with the possibility of never seeing our favorite mechanical horse. I hope that the first year at least is nearly all fan demanded characters (although it may have something to do with what the 4HM had already sculpted (if anything) when the end of Matty was revealed to Mattel employees).

That being said, I would like to see Filmation Teela, Filmation Hordak, Stridor, single carded Horde Troopers (assuming they are no longer coming from Mattel), and a re-release of Rotar and Twistoid. At the very least. Oh, and maybe even Filmation Horde Troopers! : )

But to be more on topic with this thread, I think Super7 are smart enough, and in touch enough to recognize that the fans really want that Teela, so I'm not really worried that we might not see her. I think they can see that she would be a BIG boon to sales. Probably the biggest.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; August 28, 2016 at 10:14am.

Since year one of Club Grayskull was so villain heavy, I'm guessing we'll see Teela, Man-at-Arms and Sorceress at least. Hoping for a He-Man reissue with fixed ankles, too.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

4 Masters and 2 Villains seems about right for year 2 of Club Grayskull.

Hopefully something like this:

MAA
    Mer-Man
    Ram-Man
    Tri-Klops
    Sorceress
    Teela or Mekaneck

I could live with the PD Teela for now but eventually around year 3 we would need a new one.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

I'm hoping they'll throw a She-Ra character or two in there. Why not - they'd still be Filmation! Plus it would mean Super7 wouldn't run out of A-List MOTUers too quickly...

Filmation Hordak and Filmation Leech could work. Or Filmation She-Ra and Filmation Bow, plus four MOTUers.

Heroic Warrior
    My preference for the next wave

Man at arms. Key character on series, hero, would allow reuse of skeletors boots

Teela. Show that they made good on correcting the PD teela, hero, first fig expensive, can get reuse out of this years evil lyn parts

Merman. Everybody wants him and low tooling just needs head and harness

Fisto- popular character , first fig expensive, the motuc fisto debacle, if Stridor coming soon good time to get his rider back out there, adds to heroic warriors, again low tooling since reuses he man boots, loincloth just needs head and fist
    Throw in a filmation faker head pack in

Whiplash-- very different from motuc version , first release expensive , again just needs head and armor

Ram man-- sub exclusive gets all new tooling which rammy would need. Can fix his height, give him eyes and maybe include this go around action feature or swappable legs one regular other to mimic his ramming look. Again adds to good guys

Triklops easy but popular character to do. Just needs head and harness plus gets a reuse out of beast mans boots

Sdcc Adam with cringer

Out of sub two pack of corrected ankles he man with more reddish trunks and boots packed with frosta with new filmation head and correct white paint throw in castaspella magic blast in icy white plastic

Year 3

She ra with catra head pack in
    Bow
    Grizzlor
    Leech
    Mantenna
    Entrapta with red eye
    Shadow weaver sub exc with interchangeable light spinner parts
    Sdcc Hordak with transformation accessories

Could also do out of sub items like zodac with cosmic chair , Santa adam with relay, stratos two pack with an avion warrior or catra with catra panther form beast two pack or deluxe sorceress with new filmation sorceress head, a undol head, a soft goods cape, energy blasts, Zoar and castle magic mirror or a Trollan multipack with uncle montork dree Elle yuckers and orko with a brighter deco and a chance to fix the ear bleed from first orko
    Last edited by degra; August 28, 2016 at 06:00pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    We've heard from Super7's mouth that there's a couple of Filmation Figures that were already designed by the 4 horsemen had Mattel continued the Club Grayskull sub in 2017. (I actually talked to them about it a SDCC).

Since Teela and Evil Lyn share many parts, and after the whole Point Dread Teela debacle, it seems pretty reasonable to assume that there's already a filmation Teela that's been designed. Who knows, maybe it's already in production. But I would be surprised if she's not one of the next figures that were already done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    My preference for the next wave

Man at arms. Key character on series, hero, would allow reuse of skeletors boots

Teela. Show that they made good on correcting the PD teela, hero, first fig expensive, can get reuse out of this years evil lyn parts

Merman. Everybody wants him and low tooling just needs head and harness

Fisto- popular character , first fig expensive, the motuc fisto debacle, if Stridor coming soon good time to get his rider back out there, adds to heroic warriors, again low tooling since reuses he man boots, loincloth just needs head and fist
    Throw in a filmation faker head pack in

Whiplash-- very different from motuc version , first release expensive , again just needs head and armor

Ram man-- sub exclusive gets all new tooling which rammy would need. Can fix his height, give him eyes and maybe include this go around action feature or swappable legs one regular other to mimic his ramming look. Again adds to good guys

Triklops easy but popular character to do. Just needs head and harness plus gets a reuse out of beast mans boots

Sdcc Adam with cringer

Out of sub two pack of corrected ankles he man with more reddish trunks and boots packed with frosta with new filmation head and correct white paint throw in castaspella magic blast in icy white plastic

Year 3

She ra with catra head pack in
    Bow
    Grizzlor
    Leech
    Mantenna
    Entrapta with red eye
    Shadow weaver sub exc with interchangeable light spinner parts
    Sdcc Hordak with transformation accessories

Could also do out of sub items like zodac with cosmic chair , Santa adam with relay, stratos two pack with an avion warrior or catra with catra panther form beast two pack or deluxe sorceress with new filmation sorceress head, a undol head, a soft goods cape, energy blasts, Zoar and castle magic mirror or a Trollan multipack with uncle montork dree Elle yuckers and orko with a brighter deco and a chance to fix the ear bleed from first orko
    like it apart from the sdcc item filmation adam is about as A list as you get and any pack in cringer would probably be an underarticulated statue like the last one

sdcc should be an item that only hardcore collectors want but is amazing enough to be picked up by mainstream sdcc attendees as far as im concerned if they appear in the intro or are in a majority of episodes they should not be a limited run item that only people that either go to sdcc or dont work and can wait online to get before it sells out

adam is the symbol of filmation, that pink shirt is iconic! plus the last adam was an exclusive as well with orko and so was cringer with marlena isnt it time they both got a main line release?
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!