Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2014 Thread !

MOTUC Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2014 Thread !

Haven't Seen One Dedicated For This....... So Here It Is !!

This Will Be The Official Thread For All Predictions & Sale Discussions Related To MOTUC BF/CM Sale For 2014 !

So let me start things off..........

Expected : Personally, I feel there will be LOTS of Nepthu's, Plundors, Geldors, Icarius, Goat Man, Kowl & lookie pack, some POP figures especially from POP SUB, & Maybe some Rock People ! Ohh...... Almost forgot............ Failmation Hordak will join the party as well !

Surpirse Returns : Few Pre 2013 figures like Man-E-Faces, Catra, Spikor, Faker.......... who knows ?

Hoping For : Heavy........ HEAVY discounts on "evergreen" figures such as He-Man, She-Ra (both 1.0 & 2.0), Battle Cat & Palace Guards. It didn't happen last year. But with classics ending in 2015, one would expect Mattel to clear of these "old stuffs" to give a fresh start for 2016, or ending it once & for all !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic Warrior
    Hoping for geo-locking, so we in the US have more chances of getting what we need...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Hoping for geo-locking, so we in the US have more chances of getting what we need...LOL
    Oh I was very "LOL" when Teela was in the bin and couldn't order. But yeah, I am not without humour, the comment still made me chuckle!

I'm expecting most to be from 2012/2013 -- Dekker, Snake Face, Netessa, Frosta, Slush Head, Karatti, Lord Dactys, Geldor, Hydron, Fighting Foe Man, Octavia would be some of my guesses.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

I am expecting to be disappointed, LOL.

Honestly, the whole Wait and Then Scramble experience fries my nerves. And geo-locking is mean.

Heroic Warrior
    What dates is this again? (I know it's a general thing and not just a Matty thing, but I really keep up with the wonderful world of retail and am feeling Google-Lazy, which is a thing now)
    I'd like a Doomsaday Unleashed, it's a brilliant figure, but I'll reserve any excitement until I'm sure whether or not I, being a dirty foreigner who's money is good enough for them the rest of the year but not this one time because it makes things easier for them, will be locked out again and then subsequently lied to (can you tell I'm over that? )

Heroic Warrior
    I have a feeling the remaining customer service stock of horde troopers are gonna pop up along with mantenna

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I have a feeling the remaining customer service stock of horde troopers are gonna pop up along with mantenna
    I am not sure about Mantenna, but before leaving, Scott confirmed that Horde Troopers will not be part of BF/CM sale ! I think its a marketing strategy to sell them at 2015 price point during some 2015 EA !!
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic Warrior
    After all the comments TG has made this year about very little being left in the warehouses, I don't think folks should get their hopes up too high (especially for older stuff). That said, if anyone wants to keep an eye on the Mattycollector page for an item they're looking for, here's a thread I've been keeping updated with all of the sale pages for individual figures:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ead.php?246847

Heroic Warrior
    I'm hoping that the sales WON'T be staggered as an excuse to allow Digital River to charge excessive shipping amounts since they refuse to combine multiple, separate orders.

I hope that everything will be made available/listed online at the same time so that I can (attempt to) choose everything I want and buy it all together and benefit from slightly cheaper (international) shipping.

As for particular characters, I would be very happy to see Snout Spout, Horde Prime, Mosquitor, Modulok, Non-Filmation Randor and Queen Marlena. But, I doubt I'll see any of those figures.

5. Kid Canada: Are there plans for a Black Friday/Cyber Monday type sale this year?

Yes, we will have a CM sale this year. However, there will not be as many MOTU items as most older MOTU figs are sold out at this point. There will be some DC and GB items available. (as well as some MOTU).

According to WTFWTK we shouldn't get our hopes up.

I predict mostly stuff like Foe Men, Star Sisters and discounts on the essentials.

Hoping for a good discount on evergreen items... Also hoping for Dactys, Trap Jaw, Hydron, Horde Troopers, Castaspella.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I know that last year the 2 things I really really wanted I stupidly missed so this year if something comes up, I will snag it first, think later.

I may not be able to afford it but if I can I want another NA He Man (to display him in both styles), another Mantenna (to get that Kevin Kosse Mouth and do a second one for my POP Horde), and I feel like I should get a Jitsu if I can (to do that Blackstar custom if I can eventually afford the custom pieces from Alvis Underground)...

Heck, I kinda want another Modulok so I can make a Filmation-ish Modulok also for POP Horde.

I just dont know what to expect. I also assume I'll be too broke to take advantage of it. We shall see.
    Last edited by baronterror; November 10, 2014 at 11:59pm.

Hoping For : Heavy........ HEAVY discounts on "evergreen" figures such as He-Man, She-Ra (both 1.0 & 2.0), Battle Cat & Palace Guards. It didn't happen last year. But with classics ending in 2015, one would expect Mattel to clear of these "old stuffs" to give a fresh start for 2016, or ending it once & for all !!
    Actually, the PG were 50% off last year - $27! It won't get better than that! I know because I purchased some...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I'd be very happy to get a cheap Clamp Champ and Netossa, since I missed them last year. Another shot at Ram man would be cool. Oh and I need Goatman too.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    Id like a webstor or a spikor, i wasnt collecting when those came out. Earlier figures, one can only hope. But considering theyre selling bow this month, and he was never offered for sale again these past two years, i call bs on tg's 'not much left' quote.

I just want Filmation Hordak and Netossa really, and i think there's a reasonable chance of them showing up. Oh I need a Goddess too but she seems unlikely.

I'll pick up some custom fodder too if the prices are cheap enough.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    Time to offload karattis!

Widget
    Hey, when is the BF/CM sale typically announced? This is my first year collecting and have gone the ebay route for most older figs I needed, looking forward to crying my eyes out seeing figs I have spent over a hundy on pop up... EEEEK! Hoping for Battle Armor He-man (since BA Skeletor has been up for so long it only makes sense!) and Scareglow, and doubtful but a Sea Hawk since I passed on him not too long ago.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    That haphazard release thing they did last year really turned me off. Hopefully, if they announce hourly sales through a certain time, they actually deliver this year.

I kinda doubt it.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    I also wonder if theyll have discounted strobos for sale. Im still missing that one, didnt feel like paying full price for it last year. And hopefully of course theyll also have some discounted sky sleds. Id buy onr or two ...

GoatMan, Strobo, Kowl/LooKee. if they have any of these I'll be happy.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Widget
    Dactus, who seems plausible. And yeah, the fact that you have to basically order them as soon as they are announced instead of waiting to place one order to save on shipping is just a bit ridiculous.

I have to wonder if they are saving the remaining stock of Horde Troopers and Mantenna (if they have any) for Early Access sales in 2015. Hopefully they will be posting some details on the BF/CM sale next week.

I wish they have as a surprise Scare Glow & Randor or Zodac as they have done with Teela last year.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread