Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone like to see classic vehicles reimagined as new characters?

Would anyone like to see classic vehicles reimagined as new characters?

Considering that it's unlikely that we'll ever get all the classic vehicles and playsets updated in Classics, would anyone like to see classic vehicles and playsets given the Castle Grayskullman treatment?

Imagine action figure versions of Dragon Walker, Road Ripper, Bashasaurus, Battle Bones, Spydor and more! I'm still hoping to see "Snake Mountainman" and "Fright Zoneman" figures too.

What other vehicles or playsets would make awesome action figures?

I think those could appeal more as "new" characters than some of the actual new characters, but I can only speak for myself and I'd be fine with it so long as they really look good. More like Castle Grayskullman than Fighting Foe Men. I wouldn't be happy to get a Mantisaur man instead of a Mantisaur, but I'd be excited to get it in place no Mantisaur-anything!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Nooo! Would rather have the Vehicles instead
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Warrior
    No. Castle Grayskull Man was great, but let's not spoil the novelty by duplicating it.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    No. Mattel already wasted so many resources (and plastic) on things like the minis and the maxis (I wonder when they'll sell out ...). Resources (and plastic) which could have been better used in giving us a newer run of beastman, teela etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    Considering that it's unlikely that we'll ever get all the classic vehicles and playsets updated in Classics, would anyone like to see classic vehicles and playsets given the Castle Grayskullman treatment?

Imagine action figure versions of Dragon Walker, Road Ripper, Bashasaurus, Battle Bones, Spydor and more! I'm still hoping to see "Snake Mountainman" and "Fright Zoneman" figures too.

What other vehicles or playsets would make awesome action figures?
    I personally have always like this idea. Perhaps not for ALL the vehicles but definitely for some of them. I would like them done like the other pilots but maybe with a little more MOTU weirdness instead of just human pilots. Spydor, Bashasaurus, Dragon Walker, Land Shark, Fright Fighter, and Blasterhawk would be good candidates. Vehicles like Road Ripper and Laser Bolt could have Eternian army builder soldier types. Strydor has Fisto so I really wouldn't want to see a pilot for him. Of course this is all after most of the most desired characters remaining are released.

Huh. Kind of surprised so far.

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    No. Castle Grayskull Man was great, but let's not spoil the novelty by duplicating it.
    Fans enjoy Grayskullman and Light Hope, which is essentially Crystal Castleman. I thought more like these would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41
    Nooo! Would rather have the Vehicles instead.
    Oh yeah, me too. But what if these vehicles never get made?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke
    No. Mattel already wasted so many resources (and plastic) on things like the minis and the maxis (I wonder when they'll sell out ...). Resources (and plastic) which could have been better used in giving us a newer run of beastman, teela etc.
    I wouldn't suggest new characters to the exclusion of reissues or 2.0 versions of much wanted classic characters. Seems like both could exist and move the series forward at the same time.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    Oh yeah, me too. But what if these vehicles never get made?
    It would be doubly painful to get a figure representing a long-wanted vehicle or playset but not the vehicle or playset itself. It's painful enough already to have the FFM but not their vehicles.

Plus, the line is in desperate need of more vehicles and playsets, and we already have more than enough characters waiting to get their figure. About the only "vehiclemen"/"playsetmen" I might possibly be interested in are the Snake Mountainman and Fright Zoneman (especially the former) as imagined by some forum member (sorry, I can't remember the name right now) when Castle Grayskullman came out; but NOT before getting their respective playset, and NEVER as a kind of substitute for them.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; April 18, 2015 at 01:28pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

No I would not want this.

Nope. I would love to see more classic vehicles in the line though, the few we've received have been great!

Heroic Warrior
    Check out the Joe Amato custom Bashasaurus man. He's awesome! I would love it if we can't get the vehicles. I think they would be really cool.

Still want a Snake Mountain Man and Fright Zone Man.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    No, No and No
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

Ive seen some creative customs...like one based on the weird face on the Battle_ram. Im up for it as long as its visually striking---why not?

This idea doesn't appeal to me.

I also dislike "Castle Grayskullman", and he is one of the very few characters from this line I have refused to buy.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

In theory I like those kinds of characters, but honestly I'd rather they just put out the actual vehicles instead.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I'm not too interested.

Although, I would love to see a Snake Mountain Man and a Land Shark Man would be pretty awesome.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    I'm out...

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I would love to see a Snake Mountain Man and a Land Shark Man would be pretty awesome.
    I agree. especially with the Land Shark Man. He'd make an incredible sidekick to Mer-Man, possibly even a good army builder.

I have absolutely zero interest.

I have no interest in vehicles/playsets but figures based on them, yes I'd be up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I have absolutely zero interest.
    Same. I will not be buying any more newly made-up concept figures.

And as far as actual vehicles, I'd like a Roton - but other than that, all set as well. Particularly considering the value really isn't there (they simply cost too much now) and Mattel's insistence of further bumping up the price by including a figure that wouldn't have made it in the line proper if it wasn't "subsidized" by a vehicle.

I'll buy Playsets all day if they released them, but I have no burning need for more vehicles, I think we have enough aside from Roton, who would be nice as a counter-point to the Wind Raider.

I want a Snake Mountain Man pretty badly! I'm in favor of playsets being made into figures. I don't know about vehicles. Obviously, getting the vehicles themselves would be a bigger priority.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Court Magician
    I don't want these, and I don't want other people to be able to get them.

That would be an easy pass and a waste of resources. If there is a huge need to invent new figures, surely there must be better options than basing them on vehicles.