Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Figures - with review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Warrior

Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Figures - with review by Pixel Dan

UPDATED 2:

Pixel Dan takes a look at the upcoming MOTU Mega Construx! Check out his video review:

-----------------
    UPDATED:

Mega Construx is releasing a new line called Mega Construx Heroes this fall. It will be a mix of different properties, and will also include content from MOTU.
    Check out Dan's product reveal video:

-----------------
    MegaConstruxMattelMOTU22.07.2017.JPG

This figures are also very cool!

Someone took a shot at the Mega Construx Booth! Does somebody know more about these?

They where hanging with hundreds of other figures on a wall.

First i was thinking about place this question in the "New Media and Licensed Products Forum". But if they are officiall products from Mega Construx, they would be from Mattel inself?

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post

Someone took a shot at the Mega Construx Booth! Does somebody know more about these?

First i was thinking about place this question in the "New Media and Licensed Products Forum". But if they are officiall products from Mega Construx, they would be from Mattel inself?
    If it is directly from Mattel like Baby Skeletor or the She-Ra doll from previous years, we've kept those in the Classics forum.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post

Oh this is awesome! Construx is how they've re-branded Mega bloks! This is super exciting. I got a lot of info on how much Mattel was going to be pushing the Construx line and the marketing muscle behind it at Toy Fair. If MOTU is getting included that's awesome!

Heroic Warrior

Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Figures coming?

Someone noticed them at the Mega Construx Booth at SDCC!

They where hanging with hundreds of other Construx figures on a wall.

First i was thinking about placing this thread in the "New Media and Licensed Products Forum". But if they are official products from Mega Construx, they are oned by Mattel.

Does anybody know more about these? If not, could somebody ask at the booth?

- - - Updated - - -

MOTUMegaConstruxMattelSDCC22.07.2017Marked.JPG

They are hanging with hundreds of other figures from different franchises.

Beautiful! I have wanted little versions of these dudes since I was a kid. I must have!!!

Widget

Mega Construx Masters of the Universe!

It looks like Mega Construx (formerly Mega Bloks) is starting to release some Masters of the Universe mini-figures. They're part of a mixed property SKU titled Mega Construx Heroes. They're carded figures (like current Halo and Call of Duty ones) for about $5 each. The first wave features 6 figures from 3 different properties. The first wave is due in September. No word yet on future waves or any buildable sets for these properties.

20245689_1917442441829089_4252482726818736919_n.jpg

They look pretty cool. I might buy my kids some if they make it to retail and are easily available.

I'd collect these for sure

Holy craaaaaap IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! I mean, no full sets yet, but all I want out of them is minifigures, anyway. They look great!!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    I can't find it now of course, but someone posted a pic of a Grayskull at SDCC as well, may have just been a mock up but it looks damn cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    I can't find it now of course, but someone posted a pic of a Grayskull at SDCC as well, may have just been a mock up but it looks damn cool.
    Do you mean the Mega Bloks Castle Grayskull from SDCC 2015, or a completly new Castle at this SDCC?

These look really cool to me. I don't understand why a few years ago, when I started a thread about a smaller scale MOTU line, many people acted like it was the grandest form of blasphemy. These are kind of cute, but not too cutesy, the articulation is great, and they just look like a lot of fun. Imagine vehicles and playsets for this scale!

Can't wait to learn more about them!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 23, 2017 at 04:30pm.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Talon View Post
    It looks like Mega Construx (formerly Mega Bloks) is starting to release some Masters of the Universe mini-figures. They're part of a mixed property SKU titled Mega Construx Heroes. They're carded figures (like current Halo and Call of Duty ones) for about $5 each. The first wave features 6 figures from 3 different properties. The first wave is due in September. No word yet on future waves or any buildable sets for these properties.

20245689_1917442441829089_4252482726818736919_n.jpg
    Thanks! Where is this information from?

Pixel Dan has confirmed that sets are coming.

Widget
    These look awesome! I'll probably buy a few Picards for Lazy customizing too..

I've wanted MOTU Lego sets for many years now... this is the next best thing, I reckon. I'll definitely get some if they're produced!

For a while now I've been hoping for some small scale MOTU figures that look more "serious". These almost look like little Classics figures. A little cartoony in the face, but lots of details and fairly accurate anatomy. Love it!

Awesome! We have the TMNT line. I had to get my son the Technodrome, it is SO cool

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Pretty cool but nothing I'm interested in.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Court Magician
    After all of the hoping , debating and wishing that took place due to this Mega Bloks thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ead.php?249688

It's finally happening and I couldn't be happier (well I could ...if more figures were going to be released sooner!). Mega Bloks / Mega Construx figures are the perfect micro action figure template for MOTU micro action figures . No other mini figure design would have complimented the MOTU characters as well as Mega Bloks figures . These things look more or less like tiny classics with articulation that's comparable and a *tiny* dash of Loyal Subjects design fun .

I'm buying every MOTU figure released in this line without question.
    Last edited by Customizer; July 24, 2017 at 07:39am.
    Rise of the Beasts - Series 2 action figures !!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...easts-series-2

For mini figures, these look about as cool as one could possibly expect. At first glance, they seem to go along great with the "Battle Tribe"-figures that came out last year, or are they too far off scale wise?
    Another question for those with more expertise on Mega Bloks: Are the heads and accesoires like armor removable/swappable?

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Very fun! Looking forward to getting my hands on these.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I'll be buying these. I love what they did with TMNT with their "Classics" line and the black and white Eastman & Laird assortment. Hell, I even picked up the Technodrome. I was 2/3 off, mind you.
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

These things look awesome. I'll buy em for sure.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Silly and lame.