Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU(C) Imaginext; or If 'Minis' Aren't for You, Think about the Kids

MOTU(C) Imaginext; or If 'Minis' Aren't for You, Think about the Kids

Trust me, you're going to want to click on this link and take a good look https://myfpideas.com/servlet/hype/I...extId=12865397

Lately we've had some really hot topics spring up with the revelation of MOTU minis being poor sellers and the teased "end" of MOTUC. I'd like to bring your attention to something that has the potential to achieve what nearly every person on this board has wanted since the end of 200X, a retail Masters of the Universe toyline. There are a few of us on here, myself included and also asking about this in WTFWTK, who have interest in passing MOTU onto our children through the very popular Imaginext toyline. If you don't know, Imaginext covers quite an array of genres from knights and dragons, to real life heroes like police and fire fighters, dinosaurs, aliens/space adventures, and even DC Comics characters.

After participating in the minis discussion and finding more people who share my desire to get MOTU toys created by Imaginext into the hands of my kids and everyone else's for that matter, I found the creator of the Fisher Price "MOTUi" topic (dcdadcollects) on the link above posted all this in his introduction to these forums. What makes this interesting is how this idea dcdadcollects has presented to this site is considered "popular", and the popularity it gains, the more likely it will get to the next step of getting reviewed by Fisher-Price. So we're talking about possibly seeing some results from all of the brainstorming,product speculation and chatter this community can create about MOTUC and maybe or maybe not get evidence that the people making things will take notice. I feel confident that same type of behavior WILL make Fisher-Price take notice and something WILL happen. Enough feedback has affected MOTUC with things like Snake Man-At-Arms, Castle Grayskull, and Moss Man to name a few. I'm positive enough votes on this topic and enough buzz over at Fisher-Price will be the key to getting He-Man back on the store shelves again.

Before you make any criticism about having MOTU as part of this smaller scale line for pre-schoolers, I want you to honestly ask yourself how old you were when you got your first MOTU figure? I was two when I got BA He-Man and BA Skeletor for X-Mas. I was in pre-school with an Eternia playset in front of the X-Mas tree and the sight of it made me drag my nearly complete collection of MOTU figures and vehicles to the living room to play with it. Adult collectibles and 6" scale figures are awesome to have, but I think it's time we help this generation of children share in the wonder we felt as kids. We can do that by getting MOTU out there in a toyline that's already proven to be a hit with kids since it's creation.

Here's the link again. All you have to do is register and hit a green thumbs up button to help this idea gain popularity for Fisher-Price to take notice.https://myfpideas.com/servlet/hype/I...extId=12865397

Thanks for hearing me out and here's hoping our kids will be playing with MOTUi soon.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Imaginext is a fantastic line with a lot of retail support and wide appeal!

Heroic Warrior
    I've never understood why they don't try a moth Imaginext line. They already have a medieval line with castles, horses, knights, etc. Much of what makes MOTU MOTU. That stuff sells, and MOTU is no less well-known than that. And it might even sell better since parents will remember He-Man. Makes no sense to me.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

It's good to hear some positive support for this from here, but if you want to see this happen, you need to go to the website and get registered to vote. The site doesn't even show you how many likes this idea has until you log in. Mine was the 17th vote, and there's been about 62 people who have looked at this thread since I posted it. There's potentially 62 people who could help bring MOTU back to retail. This isn't a joke. Fisher-Price is going to look into this if it gains enough popularity.

https://myfpideas.com/servlet/hype/I...extId=12865397

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I just logged in and voted. I have been calling for something like this for years. Why they would try to do something like MOTU Minis while passing on a line like this is beyond me.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

HECK YEAH I'll support this! I just got into Imaginext not long ago, actually. I always thought they were interesting and well designed, but figured it was kinda crazy getting the real little kid stuff, but MAN they're one of the few remaining true TOYS out there. Ya know, interesting features, simple and durable design, lots of accessories and vehicles (and even playsets!). I never knew how much I missed a true toy until I started getting these.

So yeah, I'ma back this 100%! The two ideas were made for each other.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think an Imaginext MOTU line could be amazing, butt I think that if Mattel is going to relaunch the property on a large scale, what they want to do is have it be more "adult." If a more adult oriented movie comes out and it's a hit, I could see a MOTU Imaginext line, butt not before that.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    My fiance just brought this up yesterday and said it would be a perfect match and that we would buy them for our kids and ourselves. Imaginext is the best mini line for MOTU and would fix all that is wrong with the current minis. People have been telling this to Scoots for a while now though...

I'd buy all of these for my son
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    So this is like lego cuusoo? What's the track record, what has already been made because of this community?

I've noticed that the tooling already mostly exist for a MOTU basic buck, I wonder if that's just the design term paying homage to their own childhood's or if it's pretooling to be used for a yet to be announced MOTU theme?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Well I can't view your idea, getting this message:

Your access rights are not sufficient for the following action: This idea may have been promoted to “Fisher-Price Review” and may no longer be publicly viewable. Please visit “View Ideas” to see what other great ideas have been posted.

Sounds positive at least. But I've suggested this very thing on this forum before, glad it's getting some traction. I have young children and nieces and nephews, so I'd love to get them some MOTU Imaginext. And even as an adult, I think the Imaginext line is really fun, I'm sure I'd buy a lot of them. Hope this happens!

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    Your access rights are not sufficient for the following action: This idea may have been promoted to “Fisher-Price Review” and may no longer be publicly viewable. Please visit “View Ideas” to see what other great ideas have been posted.

Wow, I didn't know it'd do that. Makes sense why dcdadcollects put the instructions in his thread explaining how to get to his idea instead of just linking it. No, it's not my idea that was originally posted. The credit goes to dcdadcollects and he's on these forums. Let's hope this is favorable for his idea and it moves on to "Graduated". You posted this about three hours ago? Very good.

On a side note, I was playing the Android game and thought the skeleton warriors and the giant ram head skeleton would be great as part of MOTUi. Yes, that stands for MOTU imaginext.
    Last edited by wallbie; June 22, 2014 at 09:48pm. Reason: Update

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I've long maintained that He-Man and Imaginext were made for each other. It's a perfect match, allowing vehicles and playsets in a scale that's affordable, and the re-use mantra of MOTU would be no less useful here. AS has been pointed out, there's a lot of stuff they've already made that comes very close to what an MOTU line could be, and the appeal to parents can't be ignored, either (they are, after all, the ones who actually buy the toys for Junior). All the things that make the property work lend themselves to the style and the types of things we've seen from the Imaginext lines over the years; MOTU's designs and characters are bright, colorful and full of imagination, which is just about the description of Imaginext in a nutshell.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post

Sounds positive at least. But I've suggested this very thing on this forum before, glad it's getting some traction. I have young children and nieces and nephews, so I'd love to get them some MOTU Imaginext. And even as an adult, I think the Imaginext line is really fun, I'm sure I'd buy a lot of them. Hope this happens!
    The link works again.

Cool, I got in there and "liked" the idea and left a comment.

I'd much rather a Mega-Bloks line than this but I'll support any MOTU geared towards kids!

It would be nice for kids and to get the brand out there and more popular, opening the door for more classics but other than that it holds no interest for me. I just want a complete classics line up. No other MOTU line is ever going to come close to being as good as classics.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Makes complete sense. You own these characters Mattel, USE THEM FOR SOMETHING THAT NORMAL PEOPLE CAN BUY!!!! For crying out loud....

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I'd buy all of these for my son
    My kids have outgrown Imaginext, but any MOTU Imaginext would still make their way into my house.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Over at the FP thread, dcdadcollects posted this very cool mock up https://myfpideas.com/apps/IMT/Uploa...g?v=1402732296

He also started a bit of a discussion of what six characters would make a great wave 1. I'd like to share my picks here if you haven't seen the page yet:

Heroes
    He-Man: Painted deco for armor, battle axe, shield, and power sword
    Clamp Champ: Removable armor, clamp weapon similar to Superman claw
    Stratos: Removable jetpack and separate wings armor, generic sword or gun weapon

Villains
    Skeletor: Removable "Wizard Tower" armor, power sword, Havoc staff
    Beast Man: Removable armor, Catwoman's whip, Griffin from Castle set
    Whiplash: Repurposed K.Croc figure, removable articulated tail, Superman's Kryptonite rock painted as a boulder, spear

Also, here's some brainstorming about what from MOTU could easily transition over to Imaginext.
    A few other ideas for recycling parts for MOTU include using Brainiac's tentacles for King Hssss' snakes, Catwoman's whip for Beast Man, Clayface can double as a Tar Swamp monster, and plenty of skeletons from the Pirate line can make Skeletor and his skeleton warriors from 200X work, Also, Captain Sea Hawk has a flying pirate ship. The triceratops and motorized t-rex can be repurposed for Bionatops and Tyrantisaurus Rex respectively. The first Joker comes with a compact Bashasaurus feature, and the first Superman has Clamp Champ's clamp weapon. Sssqueeze can have a bendy feature in his arms similar to Plastic Man. The Target Ninja exclusive set has everything in playsets and accessories to make a Ninjor figure and Anwat Gar playset. Superman/Green Lantern/Police Exoskeletons and/or Lex Luthor's battle suit can be the basis for a 200X inspired Roboto. The current offerings from the Castle line can obviously become Castle Grayskull (Eagle Talon Castle), Battle Lion, and the myriad of weapons and armor for all of MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Agreed, completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    Trust me, you're going to want to click on this link and take a good look https://myfpideas.com/servlet/hype/I...extId=12865397

Lately we've had some really hot topics spring up with the revelation of MOTU minis being poor sellers and the teased "end" of MOTUC. I'd like to bring your attention to something that has the potential to achieve what nearly every person on this board has wanted since the end of 200X, a retail Masters of the Universe toyline. There are a few of us on here, myself included and also asking about this in WTFWTK, who have interest in passing MOTU onto our children through the very popular Imaginext toyline. If you don't know, Imaginext covers quite an array of genres from knights and dragons, to real life heroes like police and fire fighters, dinosaurs, aliens/space adventures, and even DC Comics characters.

After participating in the minis discussion and finding more people who share my desire to get MOTU toys created by Imaginext into the hands of my kids and everyone else's for that matter, I found the creator of the Fisher Price "MOTUi" topic (dcdadcollects) on the link above posted all this in his introduction to these forums. What makes this interesting is how this idea dcdadcollects has presented to this site is considered "popular", and the popularity it gains, the more likely it will get to the next step of getting reviewed by Fisher-Price. So we're talking about possibly seeing some results from all of the brainstorming,product speculation and chatter this community can create about MOTUC and maybe or maybe not get evidence that the people making things will take notice. I feel confident that same type of behavior WILL make Fisher-Price take notice and something WILL happen. Enough feedback has affected MOTUC with things like Snake Man-At-Arms, Castle Grayskull, and Moss Man to name a few. I'm positive enough votes on this topic and enough buzz over at Fisher-Price will be the key to getting He-Man back on the store shelves again.

Before you make any criticism about having MOTU as part of this smaller scale line for pre-schoolers, I want you to honestly ask yourself how old you were when you got your first MOTU figure? I was two when I got BA He-Man and BA Skeletor for X-Mas. I was in pre-school with an Eternia playset in front of the X-Mas tree and the sight of it made me drag my nearly complete collection of MOTU figures and vehicles to the living room to play with it. Adult collectibles and 6" scale figures are awesome to have, but I think it's time we help this generation of children share in the wonder we felt as kids. We can do that by getting MOTU out there in a toyline that's already proven to be a hit with kids since it's creation.

Here's the link again. All you have to do is register and hit a green thumbs up button to help this idea gain popularity for Fisher-Price to take notice.https://myfpideas.com/servlet/hype/I...extId=12865397

Thanks for hearing me out and here's hoping our kids will be playing with MOTUi soon.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I whipped this up and posted it last night. Hopefully this will spread the word better. It'd be cool if someone like Pixel Dan could do a video urging people to head over to myfpideas.com since he's got a really good fanbase.

Last edited by wallbie; June 24, 2014 at 09:19am.

NOOO, MOTU is only for me and those who are my age, young children will not appreciate something from my childhood unless it's a perfect recreation of what I had as a kid.

I think it's a great idea, and I have said similar. I think what they are doing with the minis would actually work in retail, but this would be an easy way to do it also.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

For those not really familliar with what Imaginext is all about, take a look at this video review of the blind bag series 2. This is not my video, but I'm sharing it because I think it shows some of what Imaginext could do with MOTU characters.

One thing to be really clear on is, Imaginext is not aimed at us, adult collectors. Sure, plenty of adults would probably like these, but Imaginext toys are aimed at that 3-8 age group. But as someone above said, what age were you when you got into He-Man? I think this would be a great way for MOTU to move forward with a new generation of kids!

Oh, I wana help too! Here, I'll show how we're pretty much already half-way to MotU anyway:

Look at this barbarian fire skeleton and his horse!

Now back to me.

Now back to him, and look! He's pretty much Disco Skeletor! Just add very Skeletor-like armor from a wizard (that came with a tower with the Grayskull grate design sculpted into the bottom of it as a battery cover!).

Now look over there - what's this? Is it Skeletor? Did I MAKE Skeletor by combining different items? Nope! He CAME like this! In fact, his other armor hides his head, so it's a little surprise homage to Skeletor when you put on his hood! No one had to make his head yellow - this is just a pure act of MotU love.

Speaking of which - is that the Roton I see? And something very close to the Monstroid? It's like the designers are ITCHING to make MotU stuff!

And just for the heck of it, here's a good range of things they can do:

Space! Steampunk! ...more skeletons, but sue me, I love them.

A truck whose cargo transforms into a robot!

Army men!

MECHS AND DINOSAURS IN THE SAME PACKAGE!

Ooooh can't you see what I'm sayin'? I don't even need to convince anyone! You're probably already all with me! But for those that don't know: Imaginext is AWESOME, and already built to house the MotU ideas without question. No one would bat an eye at the inclusion. If buyers know MotU, then it's a welcome sight. If they don't, then they won't even know the difference! It's all Imaginext.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.