Thread: Mattel shop back orders shipping?

Mattel shop back orders shipping?

Question for any who placed an order for "back order" items. Did anyone get shipping confirmation on anything yet? Shortly after items went back up as back order till the 15th I placed an order for two Twistoid/Rotar two packs, a Battle Ram and two Horde Troopers.

Yesterday I got a shipping notification that the Battle Ram from my order shipped. The rest of the items are still showing as back ordered.

So, has anyone else gotten a shipping notice from the later orders they placed? I actually wasn't expecting anything from the order to ever ship, so this was a pleasant surprise!

Heroic Warrior
    you are lucky! I haven't gotten squat, I ordered around the 3rd of this month 8 horde troopers, a bunch of horde wraiths, I think like 20 wraiths to be exact(I was going to customize one and pop on a lord mask head and paint it back and the eyes red and make some kind of crazy supreme wraith boss and have him have a giant legion of wraiths) , 2 desperas, a few spirit king grey skulls. But nothing so far

Heroic Warrior
    I ordered the Twistoid pack when the sale went live but missed the hide troopers.The Twistoids from that order shipped. When they were back ordered I ordered 3 of the horde troopers on the May 3rd.Got an order confirmation but I am still waiting on the 3 troopers.

Nope. I never even got an order confirmation so I kinda doubt the order will be filled.

Widget
    I ordered a twistoid pack and BattleRam. I got a shipping notice for the BattleRam the other day as well. Twistoid pack is still on back order.

It's back-ordered until June 15th, so let's wait our month, then be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    It's back-ordered until June 15th, so let's wait our month, then be disappointed.
    It's the right thing to do.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Probably depends on the item. They must have gotten some Battle Rams so they shipped those out to people, but other stuff is still back ordered.

Now, I'm sure this is completely wrong...

Do you think that prior to Mattycollector closing, Mattel had a deal with the factory to make "X" amount of figures and they shut down Mattycollector prior to reaching that contractual agreement and decided to do the Single-Trooper (no new tooling) and do a new re-run of the Zoids?

If you think about it...Mattycollector shut its doors in late December. June is 6 months later (possibly long enough to get those troopers and second zoid run into production and on the boat).

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post

Do you think that prior to Mattycollector closing, Mattel had a deal with the factory to make "X" amount of figures and they shut down Mattycollector prior to reaching that contractual agreement and decided to do the Single-Trooper (no new tooling) and do a new re-run of the Zoids?

If you think about it...Mattycollector shut its doors in late December. June is 6 months later (possibly long enough to get those troopers and second zoid run into production and on the boat).
    I think with respect to Rotar and Twistoid, there is a small possibility of one of the following: 1) Scott stated that he would always fight for a higher inventory on the MOTUC SDCC items, and without him there in 2015, they probably only made the "standard" amount, which is why the pack sold out so quickly. However, what if he was wrong (he was only speculating, after all), and there WAS in fact a larger inventory, only it was misplaced in some warehouse or something, and they didn't uncover it until now; or 2) those still running Matty in 2015/2016 saw that the demand for Rotar and Twistoid had not been fulfilled, and they made plans to make another small fun of them, but never got around to telling us, because by the time it was made, Matty was esentially defunct.

More than likely, there was a small amount of stock left, they sold it, and think they have another small amount of stock left, but have left hese "backorder" listings to stay up in error, long past their ability to fulfill them.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post

Well this is Mattel. Anything is possible.

I think the most likely explanation for the troopers is that they were too far along in the production cycle to stop it but not so far along that they would be available by Dec. 31, 2015. That's why they finally got here. As for the backorder, it may be that only part of the run was shipped from China and that the rest of it is coming sometime in June. I doubt they would have gone back into production, though if the demand was high enough from Mattel Shop statistics, it is theoretically possible someone called for another run. I doubt it, but it's possible, especially if there is a high enough demand. Which of course begs the question as to why this wasn't noticed four years ago.

It's almost impossible that the Energy Zoids were put back into production. It's far more likely that they found some in a warehouse somewhere. And it's most likely, sad to say, that there's a computer glitch that is keeping these backordered and that a whole lot of people will be disappointed come 6/15.

But who knows. I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that Mattel located something in a Digital River warehouse. It's not as if DR really ever knew what it was doing.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I got an email from Mattel Shop this week regarding my back order of Horde Troopers. They wanted to confirm my shipping address since my billing address ended up as the shipping address by accident. The email said they were processing my order to ship, so hopefully things will be ready to go out to us soon enough.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, Lodar, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Granita, Teela, Hordak head, Dylamug, Twiggets, Trollans, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

When I placed my order for Rotar & Twistoid and 3 Single Card Horde Troopers I got pretty immediately a "Backorder" Status email that said this:

Backorder Notification
    Unfortunately, delivery of your backordered item(s) has been delayed.

Expected Ship Date:
    June 15, 2017
    ORDER STATUS
    We will keep your item(s) on backorder and will ship as soon as possible.

Promising. Later I recieved this email (Edited for address)

Order Confirmation
    Thanks for shopping, Damon!
    Your order (#1403004998) is being processed.
    ORDER STATUS
    Your order will be shipped to:
    D---- B------
    5-- M--------- Drive
    F--- W----, -- 4----
    Here's what you ordered:

Masters of the UniverseŽ Rotar™ vs. Twistoid™
    Item# CGP27
    $55.00
    Quantity: 1

Masters of the UniverseŽ Horde Trooper™
    Item# DKC03
    $25.00

Item# DKC03
    $25.00

Item# DKC03
    $25.00
    SUBTOTAL: $130.00
    SHIPPING: $9.95
    PROMO: -($19.95)
    PROMO CODE: SUPCMSZDNRWJC
    TAX: $0.00
    TOTAL: $120.00

So while I totally would not be surprised if something went awry (though certainly would be disappointed) and they did not come, this seems pretty promising. I'm expecting them.

If it doesnt happen, I'm out no money. Seems pretty legit though, no?

I got that email as the first and only email form Mattel for each of my backorders. This is from May 5.

Order Confirmation
    Thanks for shopping, Jeremy!
    Your order (#) is being processed.
    ORDER STATUS
    Your order will be shipped to:

Here's what you ordered:

Masters of the UniverseŽ Hover Robots™ 3-Pack
    Item# CGP30
    $35.00

Masters of the UniverseŽ Despara™ Figure
    Item# DJT87
    $25.00
    SUBTOTAL: $60.00
    SHIPPING: $9.95
    PROMO: -($19.95)
    PROMO CODE: SUPCMS94SXHJH
    TAX: $0.00
    TOTAL: $50.00

- - - Updated - - -

I think the key thing is to keep checking your order status on shop.mattel.com and look for it to go from backordered to "In Warehouse."
    WTB:
    Loose: Filmation He-Man or Ultimate He-Man, Evil-Lyn (Battleground),
    MOC w/ mailers: Evil-Lyn (Battleground)

Favorite MOTUC: 1. Shadow Weaver 2. BG Evil-Lyn 3. Filmation Skeletor 4. Mer-Man 5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    On the 5th of May I ordered the Rotor/Twistoid pack.I ordered 3 Horde troopers a few days before.I got 2 Back Order notices for the Twistoid but none for the Horde troopers. I double checked the ordered number and the 2 notices had the same order number.