Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making 1000 Beasts: Show Off Your Modulok Combos!

Making 1000 Beasts: Show Off Your Modulok Combos!

Ever since I got him, I've been playing with my Modulok figure, taking him apart and reconfiguring him...I even took him to work for a day. The box describes him with his classic tagline, Evil Beast of a Thousand Bodies, so I thought we could all have fun and see if he lives up to his name by posting our most outrageous Modulok combos!

The rules are simple: Let's define a "Beast" as a figure consisting of at least two limbs and a "head". I put the head in quotes because it doesn't have to be the two default Modulok heads...The box art shows one beast with a tail for a head, so that's fine. Other than that, you're free to get as creative as you want!

Let me start with my default Modulok, inspired by his Filmation look...Modulok 001:

(Technically, you need two Moduloks in order to have a matching third leg but it's easy to do a similar beast with one)

Speaking of multiples, it would also be cool to see how crazy you can get if you have more than one Modulok! I got two of them in my collection and came up with this monstrosity...

Feel free to post your fun combos...It'd be cool if we came up with a thousand different beasts!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Hope to see lots of posts for this! Great topic!

Baby Modulok ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post

Speaking of multiples, it would also be cool to see how crazy you can get if you have more than one Modulok! I got two of them in my collection and came up with this monstrosity...

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps81f23d61.jpg

Feel free to post your fun combos...It'd be cool if we came up with a thousand different beasts!
    I really like the dual-tail pincer look you got there.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Very cool! How well exactly does the vintage Modulok plug into Classics? Is it a secure fit or are they just kind of leaning together in those pics?
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Very cool! How well exactly does the vintage Modulok plug into Classics? Is it a secure fit or are they just kind of leaning together in those pics?
    The vintage Modulok and Multi-Bot actually fit pretty well with the MOTUC Modulok.

These pics are awesome! I will have to open 2 of my 3 subscription Modulok's to re-create the Filmation look.

Joe's combinations are fantastic.

Wish there was a TG review - comparison time would be quite instructive while I wait the month for my order to arrive here in Australia.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

He can hold Glimmer's orb nicely in his outstretched hand.

mod_imp.jpg
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

And while some are waiting for Multi-Bot to create Megabeast, I figured I would combine the February figures to create Sexy Beast!

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Is there any way to use ALL the pieces with only one complete "being"? I am a closet OCD, and not thinking I just didn't buy a second one. I just waited for my sub one to roll in. Now, with everything connected, I have a tail left! I'd love to have the entire set put together, (as haphazard as it might look!), with NO pieces left over. Can it be done? Ahhh... a challenge! I've tried and failed. This is my best...

mod.jpg

I have three Moduloks, and let me tell you kiddies, it ain't nearly enough. Here's what I've done so far.

Here's Nycoff, your average everyday Tri-Podulok

This here is just some spidery freak, he's made of that thorax part, several Y-joints, and five legs.

BOOOGA BOOOGA BOOOGA! (He just seems like the kind of freak that'd go boooga boooga boooga to me). Pretty obvious what he's made of.

If you use your imagination, it looks like this guy has his tongue hanging out of his mouth. This is the main torso piece used upside down. A Y-connector with a couple of legs is in the neck hole. Legs are in each shoulder hole. Y-connectors with a pair of arms each are in the hip hopes. The tail hole has a male-male connector with a Y in one socket and a tail on the other, and the head on top. This should be a green-eyed head for my idea of Modulok (white eyes is the 'leader', green eyes are the 'drones') but I ran out.

POWER UP! A few different people have said this reminds them of Dragon Ball Z.

Eveyone squeeze in for a group shot!

mod1.jpgmod2.jpgmod3.jpgmod4.jpgmod5.jpgmod6.jpg

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Ouch!..Okay,not that spectacular but here i am anyway!
    SAM_1823.jpgSAM_1843.jpgSAM_1858.jpgSAM_1799.jpg

Great pics, guys! I'll post some new pics later this week, after I get my good camera fixed.

Joe Amato, That's really cool that the vintage versions work with this figure too, I didn't think that was possible! Sadly, I think I only have an arm and one connector piece from my old Modulok in a random box somewhere in the basement. Heheh, "Sexy Beast" is just wrong!

Ridureyu, thanks for posting the link to your review...I was thinking of all the cool beasts you made for that when I made this thread!

Ben Solstice-Moon, I've also been racking my brain trying to create the "Perfect Modulok" form (That sounds like something from DBZ, too!) but I'm always short by one piece. I finally disassembled him completely and counted up all the ball sockets and pegs. Unfortunately, there are only 19 sockets for 20 pegs so I don't think it's possible to make a Perfect Modulok. The best you can do is have the clawed hand hold that singular tail piece like some type of club!

Hadley, that's a great group shot! I was able to make four different beasts with two Moduloks for my "Labyrinth" shoot...

Keep it up, guys...This is fun!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

You should try swapping the pointy butt piece and the head, so that the head is upside down, and the butt looks like a top fin.

So much fun this guy!! I like to make him "transformable", here are two combinations that can be four.

NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Ok, I got my camera fixed so here are some new pics...I wanted to try out some weird combos!

I hope you like the new pics!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Awesome combinations everyone!

I love the one with the claw/ pincers!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I love the one with the claw/ pincers!
    Yeah, that's great. I think I'll be experimenting with that!

I don't understand why this thread isn't 50 pages already!!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

I think a lot of people are still waiting to get their's . . . I am a quarterly sub, so I won't have him until mid-March. I missed DOS, so I am waiting to find a second one at a decent price.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I got my subscription Modulock, but I'm waiting on the extra that I bought day-of. I've been having fun with the one, but can't wait to do more combos with two of them.

When/if the remaining customer service stocks goes up for sale, I may be tempted to buy another one or two of him.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

Most international customers don't have theirs yet.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Here are a few that I made and actually took pictures of...
    This is my personal favorite.

IMG_0758.jpg

And a few others:

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    I wish I had mine, but I'm still waiting on slow ass Newgistics to stop shipping my package anywhere and everywhere that is not my address.