Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Maybe, since Duncan is "in the know" regarding Grayskull and all that, he calls this elite group the MOTU for just that reason.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    I must say that Tri-Klops' Bio is the first one I reallly like. It is all good. MAA's Bio is also very well written, except for the part about the "Masters of the Universe." Calling a group of elite-warriors "Masters of the Universe" is just lame IMO. And it devalues the evil dudes too. To me these people are all fighting a fight to decide who becomes the Master of the Universe, and thus they are the Masters of the Universe

I thought that EVERY char was classed as a master of the universe because they're all the "master (of the universe)" for whatever their specialty is. Be it sorcery, physical combat or whatever.

It's mattel's way of saying that every single one of them is THE BEST at one thing or another.

I guess this definition still applies, and makes randor's army sound more imposing because it's built with only the very best (IE Masters) in the entire universe

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    NONONO Man at arms didn't call his elite hero group Masters of the universe. He called them the Heroic Warriors.

LALALALALALALALALALALA

{burns cardback}
    {watches cardback burn}
    {smiles}

My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    NONONO Man at arms didn't call his elite hero group Masters of the universe. He called them the Heroic Warriors.
    Actually, in the MYP series, they were called the Defenders. He-Man then made the change to Masters. Not saying I like it...
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Actually, in the MYP series, they were called the Defenders. He-Man then made the change to Masters. Not saying I like it...
    Defenders of Eternia has a so much better ring to it...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Defenders of Eternia has a so much better ring to it...
    True, but the toyline is call Masters of the Universe and so are the characters.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    True, but the toyline is call Masters of the Universe and so are the characters.
    Exactly.
    ALL the characters not just the Heroes. When one group of characters takes the name for themselves; it's disrespectful to the other groups. No wonder they all went evil and vengeful.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Heroic Warrior
    Odd thing is THAT was one of my favorite things about the MYP show. FINALLY the term Masters of the Universe was actually USED!

Might have been better suited for the bad guys, it is pretty arrogent and all, but it got to the point that I never even thought of the toyline or the cartoon as MOTU, but as He-Man. JUST He-man, or maybe He-man guys...

Still He-man AND the Masters of the Universe.... does (at least to me) imply the good guys. Like Captain America AND the Avengers....

I really dislike the idea that "Masters of the Universe" refers to a certain faction/ group of warriors- and I would hope that a new feature film wouldn't go that route. As a kid, and now, I always thought "Masters of the Universe" applied to ALL the characters- no matter the faction. Individually, they were each "masters" of their respective powers.

Kobra-Khan was master of snakes.
    Extendar was the master of extension- a tower of power!
    Mer-Man was the evil ocean warlord and master of the sea.
    Beast Man- Savage henchman and master of beasts.
    Leech- evil master of power suction.

And so on...

I won't lose any sleep over it, and I know I can just ignore the new bio sections on the card backs... as it seems like Mattel intends for them to come across as lighthearted and fun... *sigh* but I stopped enjoying the new bio's after the first few figures. Something needs to change up- a new head writer guy/gal... something. The idea just doesn't do the property any favors/ actually takes away from the uniqueness/ makes it more like every other super hero group under the sun.

@River

Does that make Stratos the master of flight? Because that's sorta lame for a guy who wear a jetpack versus other fliers like Buzz-Off. Wait, maybe that's why there's so much animosity between the two species.

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

A lot of the inspiration from this line comes from the early mini comics, as well as 200x and so on. The good guys were also referred to as 'Masters of the Universe' in those early mini's. See the first page here:

http://he-man.org/primary_sects/comi...03/01-02.shtml

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    A lot of the inspiration from this line comes from the early mini comics, as well as 200x and so on. The good guys were also referred to as 'Masters of the Universe' in those early mini's. See the first page here:

http://he-man.org/primary_sects/comi...03/01-02.shtml
    http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/...01/25-26.shtml

Here too. 200X didn't coin the name, but it brought it back.

I too, thought that Masters of the Universe applied to everyone in the conflict. That everyone participating was a "Master of _________", like gods being "God of ____________". Taking control of Grayskull means that you were the Ultimate Master.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/...01/25-26.shtml

Here too. 200X didn't coin the name, but it brought it back.
    Yeah, that was my point. It was actually used from the beginning, and MYP picked up on it. Since it was used in both canons, and MOTUC is a mix of all canons so to speak, it makes sense that the 'Masters' are the good guys.

I really like the Man-At-Arms and Tri-Klops bios. Mattel seems to be setting up a pretty good story!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I really like the Man-At-Arms and Tri-Klops bios. Mattel seems to be setting up a pretty good story!
    That's why I want a comic series and/or cartoon pronto. Hell, if Hasbro can start their own cable channel, why can't Mattel release their own line of comics? They've already got a good relationship with DC going.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I wish I could read what he-ro's bio was.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

A few of us put it together in the He-Ro thread, go check it out.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    A few of us put it together in the He-Ro thread, go check it out.
    Great job to all of you! I updated the first post

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Great job to all of you! I updated the first post
    Thanks! We put a real team effort in on that one. The text is so blurry on that scan so some parts may still be a bit off but I think we got most if not all of it. I was so happy when I found out the last missing word was bequeathed. Not a word that anyone really uses to often. I love it when fans get together and solve these little mysteries!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

If the Overlords of Trolls are tasked with maintaining neutrality throughout the universe why did they ask Ro to go forth and combat evil. That seems to be a very sided command imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    If the Overlords of Trolls are tasked with maintaining neutrality throughout the universe why did they ask Ro to go forth and combat evil. That seems to be a very sided command imo.
    Good point. And Overlords of Trolls sound silly too!

I'm pretty disappointed by He-Ro's bio. No mention of Sharella, they changed his name from Gray to Ro, and now The Most Powerful Wizard In The Universe is reduced to a mere cosmic warrior, who takes his orders from Orko's people and couldn't even cure a virus without help.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; June 9, 2009 at 08:08am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Good point. And Overlords of Trolls sound silly too!
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed by He-Ro's bio. No mention of Sharella, they changed his name from Gray to Ro, and now The Most Powerful Wizard In The Universe is reduced to a mere cosmic warrior, who takes his orders from Orko's people and couldn't even cure a virus without help.
    In MOTUC, Orko's people might not be corny anymore...

And who's "Sharella"?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

In MOTUC, Orko's people might not be corny anymore...

And who's "Sharella"?
    Are talkin' trolls or Trollans? Big difference IMO.

And who's "Sharella"?
    Sharella is the tribe chief that raised youg Gray(before he became He-Ro) along with Eldor.
    Per Mattel Style Guide 1987.

As Eamon pointed out in the He-Ro thread, in the Filmation cartoon there were the Overlords of the Eternal Dimension (See "The Golden Disks of Knowledge")
    Does that ring any bell?

They were not related to Trolla at all though.