Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 1,901 to 1,922 of 1922

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Is that real? Cos it's beyond awful.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    So no explanation about "Bull ****" in this bio ?
    I'm going to go with "no talent for writing", just like most of the rest of them.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Buzz Saw Hordak

After King Miro and Randor returned from exile in Despondos, the Three Towers returned to the surface signaling the time when the Second Ultimate Battleground would commence. To prepare for this battle, Hordak invaded Central Tower in an attempt to steal the secret of Time Travel. But without the Cosmic Key to channel the Tower's energy, Hordak's body was mutated, creating a Buzz Saw Blaster which could lash out at any enemy from his chest. During their final battle, Skeletor magically drained Hordak's essence revealing the secrets and might of the Horde empire. But in Hordak's last breath, while he appeared surrounded and defenseless, Hordak's buzz saw blasts were unleashed, striking out at Skeletor in a final cataclysmic blow! If not for a nearby Bionotops, Skeletor would have indeed perished and Hordak's revenge complete.
    Uhhh....why would Hordak need the power of the Central Tower's energy to MUTATE him, in order to create the buzzsaw, when he can transform his arm into a freaking cannon (and a myriad of other transformations, if we aren't just completely ignoring that ability in this canon). Oh, well. I wasn't expecting much, but I was hoping for a little more than 'he became Hurricane Hordak and then Skeletor killed him'. Nothing we didn't already know, except for one detail that doesn't make sense. Lol.

I really get the feeling that some of these bios were written after all of the others were done, either because they were forgotten or just not part of the original plan, and that is why there is basically no meat to them.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; August 6, 2015 at 12:11pm.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Well in the original mini comic he was changed to Buzz Saw Hordak by entering into Central Tower.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Heroic Warrior
    Well in the original mini comic he was changed to Buzz Saw Hordak by entering into Central Tower.
    Yes and I figure this is where that story comes from. The new minicomics show his battle with Skeletor and this bio pretty much describes that encounter. The bio is serviceable for me for Buzzkill Hordak.

So, totally unrelated to Buzz Saw Hordak.

I think it would be cool if King He-Man had a son older than Dare who was a jerk, or if Dare wound up the villain, and Skeletor's son wound up the hero. If you look at history and literature, the sons of great men often wind up bad, and the sons of bad men sometimes wind up good. Just look at the Old Testament story of King David, for example. The bad king before David, Saul, had a son named Johnathan, who was a great guy and friends with David. David had a son named Absalom who tried to usurp the throne. Solomon, David's heir, was a great man, and a great king. His son was a jerk. I remember similar stories of English kings who were great, and then had terrible sons, or were terrible, and had great sons.

So, King He-Man would be a very busy guy, almost continually fighting wars. Teela is busy being Sorceress. Their kid, or kids, would basically be rich kids, with very little parental oversight, spoiled by their caretakers.

Meanwhile, Skeletor's son was raised by Evelyn Morgan Powers in a future, far from his father. From the sound of things, she would be full of regret for her evil actions, while devoting herself to her son. She may have raised her son on stories of the man she fell I love with, Keldor, a rebel idealist outcast, but she had no love for Skeletor. The son of Skeletor could have grown into a great man.

So, Dare is supposedly a hero, but maybe he had an older brother who was a dirtball. Or maybe he isn't such a good guy after all, and eventually Skeletor's son has to take him out.

I think it makes for a more compelling story.

Oh, I know, Bribri.
    I just thought it seemed silly to hold onto something like that when it doesn't really make sense in the new canon. He already has the techno-organic virus and can at least transform his arm. It seemed redundant to use that Central Tower transformation. It just left me thinking...why...? This is one of those times (for me) when paying homage to an older canon just doesn't really work in the new one. 'Let's give this character transformative powers in the new canon, and then later have him magically mutate...to have transformative powers!! Woohoo!!!' Lol. It's no big deal. It just seemed silly to me.
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Buzz Saw Hordak

After King Miro and Randor returned from exile in Despondos, the Three Towers returned to the surface signaling the time when the Second Ultimate Battleground would commence. To prepare for this battle, Hordak invaded Central Tower in an attempt to steal the secret of Time Travel. But without the Cosmic Key to channel the Tower's energy, Hordak's body was mutated, creating a Buzz Saw Blaster which could lash out at any enemy from his chest. During their final battle, Skeletor magically drained Hordak's essence revealing the secrets and might of the Horde empire. But in Hordak's last breath, while he appeared surrounded and defenseless, Hordak's buzz saw blasts were unleashed, striking out at Skeletor in a final cataclysmic blow! If not for a nearby Bionotops, Skeletor would have indeed perished and Hordak's revenge complete.
    Another not so great offering, scribbled on the inside of a pizza box during a lunch break and transposed into the file card PDF before printing. If you consider the Filmation version of Hordak the encapsulation of the character, he wouldn't mutate to acquire this buzz-saw ability, he would already have this. To truly appreciate a bio for any MOTU character, you need to consider their incarnations throughout other media, but this bio is a sad attempt at explaining Hordak's new gimmick, so I'll try:

"After King Miro and Randor returned from their exile in the timeless void of Despondos, the Three Towers of Eternia returned to the surface, signaling the time when the Second Ultimate Battleground between the forces of good and evil to commence. Desperate to ensure victory, Hordak invaded Central Tower in an attempt to steal the secret of Time Travel. Having prepared for this all out war with the most powerful beings in Eternia, Hordak had commanded Entrapta to manufacture a terrifying new weapon, dubbed the "Buzz Saw Blaster", which could lash out at his foes, with a lethal flurry of deadly circular blades. During their final battle, the two darkest forces in Eternia clashed for ultimate power in a duel of dark magic and sadistic Horde science. Skeletor magically drained Hordak's very essence, revealing to him the secrets the Horde empire through vivid telepathic visions. Confident that his enemy was defeated, Skeletor's hesitation became his undoing as he once again underestimated Hordak's deadly resourcefulness, and before the Overlord of Evil could deliver the final blow, Hordak took him by surprise, striking a mortal wound to the dark sorcerer with his flesh rending Buzz-Saw blaster! If not for a nearby Bionotops, Skeletor would have indeed perished and Hordak's revenge complete. With each new cybernetic modification, the ruthless Hordak becomes less muscle, and more of a cold metallic killing machine..."

I don't know exactly how a Bionotops would ensure Skeletor's survival (are they dinosaur field medics?), but I left it in my version anyway. I too wrote my version while eating a slice of pizza but skipped the step of transferring it from the greasy box lid to the forum.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; August 9, 2015 at 11:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by rapitrone View Post
    So, King He-Man would be a very busy guy, almost continually fighting wars. Teela is busy being Sorceress. Their kid, or kids, would basically be rich kids, with very little parental oversight, spoiled by their caretakers.

Meanwhile, Skeletor's son was raised by Evelyn Morgan Powers in a future, far from his father. From the sound of things, she would be full of regret for her evil actions, while devoting herself to her son. She may have raised her son on stories of the man she fell I love with, Keldor, a rebel idealist outcast, but she had no love for Skeletor. The son of Skeletor could have grown into a great man.
    I've had quite a few conversations on these boards and elsewhere, hoping for the same thing (before they began to reveal the actual characters at all). I was REALLY hoping Dare was going to be the spoiled royal who did good solely for the fame and prestige, and thought everyone on Eternia worshipped him...but Skeletor's Son was going to be all about righting the wrongs done by his parents and restoring honor to his side of the family, all while trying to end the whole Gar vs Human problem. I'd hoped that it would end up with Skelly Jr. having to take the reigns, and teach Dare the value of doing good for goodness' sake. Then, they'd both come up against one Big Bad together...probably the UNO, I suppose, since he seems to be the endgame anyway. Alas, it appears that the characters are mere clones of their fathers. Sad. If we're to have another generation and pass the baton, it really shouldn't be the same as the first chapter.

Still...the story's not over, so I'm trying to reserve judgment until I read the final two comics. Sadly, I really don't think we're going to get anything other than He-Man Jr. and Skeletor Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I've had quite a few conversations on these boards and elsewhere, hoping for the same thing (before they began to reveal the actual characters at all). I was REALLY hoping Dare was going to be the spoiled royal who did good solely for the fame and prestige, and thought everyone on Eternia worshipped him...but Skeletor's Son was going to be all about righting the wrongs done by his parents and restoring honor to his side of the family, all while trying to end the whole Gar vs Human problem. I'd hoped that it would end up with Skelly Jr. having to take the reigns, and teach Dare the value of doing good for goodness' sake. Then, they'd both come up against one Big Bad together...probably the UNO, I suppose, since he seems to be the endgame anyway. Alas, it appears that the characters are mere clones of their fathers. Sad. If we're to have another generation and pass the baton, it really shouldn't be the same as the first chapter.

Still...the story's not over, so I'm trying to reserve judgment until I read the final two comics. Sadly, I really don't think we're going to get anything other than He-Man Jr. and Skeletor Jr.
    Yeah, that would be great. Second cousins, I think, teamed up to fight the unnamed one. And Dare could be such a jerk. A handsome entitled brat with super-strength and durability! Just think of the trouble he could cause ore get into. Not quite evil, but not yet good either. That could be a great story. I really like the idea of Skeletor's son as the one who helps him come around. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post

"After King Miro and Randor returned from their exile in the timeless void of Despondos, the Three Towers of Eternia returned to the surface, signaling the time when the Second Ultimate Battleground between the forces of good and evil to commence. Desperate to ensure victory, Hordak invaded Central Tower in an attempt to steal the secret of Time Travel. Using his vast mystical knowledge, Hordak was able to tap into the the tower's energy,
    super-charging himself. Buzz Saw Blaster which could lash out at any enemy from his chest. During their final battle, Skeletor magically drained Hordak's essence revealing the secrets and might of the Horde empire. But in Hordak's last breath, while he appeared surrounded and defenseless, Hordak's buzz saw blasts were unleashed, striking out at Skeletor in a final cataclysmic blow! If not for a nearby Bionotops, Skeletor would have indeed perished and Hordak's revenge complete"
    That's better...I think I'd bite harder if the Buzzsaw had some mystical properties associated with the Central Tower. Actually, I might suddenly find him much more interesting if that was the case. A simple transformation (for someone who already has the ability to turn their arm into a canon and back) just makes me...I don't know...bored? Meh...It isn't like I was at all invested in this figure anyway. Lol. I just keep hoping as we get towards the "end" of the line that these bios are going to have some surprise info squeezed in. I need to stop doing that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rapitrone View Post
    Yeah, that would be great. Second cousins, I think, teamed up to fight the unnamed one. And Dare could be such a jerk. A handsome entitled brat with super-strength and durability! Just think of the trouble he could cause ore get into. Not quite evil, but not yet good either. That could be a great story. I really like the idea of Skeletor's son as the one who helps him come around. That would be great.
    Exactly. Lol. I can't help but wish Dare would have turned out to be sort of a...I don't know...like, a Gaston shirt off character, but redeemable? Somewhere in that neighborhood. Eternia's version of Mean Girls. Lol.

That's better...I think I'd bite harder if the Buzzsaw had some mystical properties associated with the Central Tower. Actually, I might suddenly find him much more interesting if that was the case. A simple transformation (for someone who already has the ability to turn their arm into a canon and back) just makes me...I don't know...bored? Meh...It isn't like I was at all invested in this figure anyway. Lol. I just keep hoping as we get towards the "end" of the line that these bios are going to have some surprise info squeezed in. I need to stop doing that!

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Lol. I can't help but wish Dare would have turned out to be sort of a...I don't know...like, a Gaston shirt off character, but redeemable? Somewhere in that neighborhood. Eternia's version of Mean Girls. Lol.
    In my original draft I stated that the Central Tower 'supercharged' him and granted him the ability, however that's just rewording 'mutated'. I much prefer the idea of Hordak preparing for battle with horde science to eviscerate his enemies, rather than some random hole that throws circular saws just being created in his body cavity because he stepped into a tower. That's just stupid.

If this were a Michael Bay movie, that same hole would have spat canned sodas with a farting sound effect.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; August 10, 2015 at 12:42am.

In my original draft I stated that the Central Tower 'supercharged' him and granted him the ability, however that's just rewording 'mutated'. I much prefer the idea of Hordak preparing for battle with horde science to eviscerate his enemies, rather than some random hole that throws circular saws just being created in his body cavity because he stepped into a tower. That's just stupid.

If this were a Michael Bay movie, that same hole would have spat canned sodas with a farting sound effect.
    Every word of this is true.

(Btw- the first time I read it, some sentences were accidentally left out. Reading the repaired version, I'm all for it. Makes more sense, AND you utilized a sadly underused character in Classics!)
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; August 10, 2015 at 01:13pm.

Another not so great offering, scribbled on the inside of a pizza box during a lunch break and transposed into the file card PDF before printing. If you consider the Filmation version of Hordak the encapsulation of the character, he wouldn't mutate to acquire this buzz-saw ability, he would already have this. To truly appreciate a bio for any MOTU character, you need to consider their incarnations throughout other media, but this bio is a sad attempt at explaining Hordak's new gimmick, so I'll try:

"After King Miro and Randor returned from their exile in the timeless void of Despondos, the Three Towers of Eternia returned to the surface, signaling the time when the Second Ultimate Battleground between the forces of good and evil to commence. Desperate to ensure victory, Hordak invaded Central Tower in an attempt to steal the secret of Time Travel. Having prepared for this all out war with the most powerful beings in Eternia, Hordak had commanded Entrapta to manufacture a terrifying new weapon, dubbed the "Buzz Saw Blaster", which could lash out at his foes, with a lethal flurry of deadly circular blades. During their final battle, the two darkest forces in Eternia clashed for ultimate power in a duel of dark magic and sadistic Horde science. Skeletor magically drained Hordak's very essence, revealing to him the secrets the Horde empire through vivid telepathic visions. Confident that his enemy was defeated, Skeletor's hesitation became his undoing as he once again underestimated Hordak's deadly resourcefulness, and before the Overlord of Evil could deliver the final blow, Hordak took him by surprise, striking a mortal wound to the dark sorcerer with his flesh rending Buzz-Saw blaster! If not for a nearby Bionotops, Skeletor would have indeed perished and Hordak's revenge complete. With each new cybernetic modification, the ruthless Hordak becomes less muscle, and more of a cold metallic killing machine..."

I don't know exactly how a Bionotops would ensure Skeletor's survival (are they dinosaur field medics?), but I left it in my version anyway. I too wrote my version while eating a slice of pizza but skipped the step of transferring it from the greasy box lid to the forum.

What happened with the Bionotops was that Skeletor was able to infect himself with the Techno-Organic virus from it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    What happened with the Bionotops was that Skeletor was able to infect himself with the Techno-Organic virus from it.
    I don't want to know how the infection got transferred...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Buzz Saw Hordak

The grammar in these bios is pathetic. Time travel should not be capitalized. Buzz-Saw Blaster should not be capitalized. Mattel please learn what a proper noun is and its usage. How hard is it to proof this stuff before it is printed? This bio is actually not too bad compared to others.

Every word of this is true.

(Btw- the first time I read it, some sentences were accidentally left out. Reading the repaired version, I'm all for it. Makes more sense, AND you utilized a sadly underused character in Classics!)
    Thanks, I'm glad someone appreciates a little creativity here. While admittedly its fun to rag on the bios (they really are half-assed), sometimes they offer up some new perspectives, but usually they butcher characters and leave huge holes, or don't serve to explain things. I feel like my version improves upon the groundwork that was laid down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    The grammar in these bios is pathetic. Time travel should not be capitalized. Buzz-Saw Blaster should not be capitalized. Mattel please learn what a proper noun is and its usage. How hard is it to proof this stuff before it is printed? This bio is actually not too bad compared to others.

Since the Buzzsaw Blaster is the name of the weapon, doesn't that make it a proper noun which requires capitalization?

I just had a cray realization. one of us mentioned that, if Moss Man is a god of plants, then Evil Seed is the "devil." Well... Moss Man creating him absolutely fits with the idea of God creating Lucifer as an angel, who then fell into evil.

...crazy, huh?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    I just had a cray realization. one of us mentioned that, if Moss Man is a god of plants, then Evil Seed is the "devil." Well... Moss Man creating him absolutely fits with the idea of God creating Lucifer as an angel, who then fell into evil.

...crazy, huh?
    I came up with that. Evilseed is the Lucifer of the plant world.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I came up with that. Evilseed is the Lucifer of the plant world.

Yeah, you did. I was initially against the idea of Mossman creating Evil Seed, but when you pointed out the God/Lucifer connection it clicked and I instantly went from hating the idea to being a fan.

Widget
    Are the mini comics continuing past this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Are the mini comics continuing past this year?
    I don't think so. At least, my understanding is none are planned for 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I don't want to know how the infection got transferred...
    And for those who do...

Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406